Germany 3 (Popp, Dabritz pen, Schuller) V Nigeria 0

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

GG of G
Egg
Egg
Re: Germany 2 (Popp, Dabritz pen) V Nigeria 0

Post by GG of G »

Offside first goal - commentators on BBC fuming why that 1st goal wasn't given as an offside, showing how the 1st goal has to be an offside. Don't even get me started on the 2nd. it's a joke the whole lot........smh
"Do not be Misled. God is not one to be mocked. Whatever a man is sowing, this he will also reap." Gal 6:7
zoro
Egg
Egg

Post by zoro »

GG of G wrote:It's just a joke the whole lot. The referee is as biased as they come, VAR is a joke, the game I enjoy watching and playing is finally gone to the dogs.
Please go back and watch the refs reaction when she got the VAR call.
IGBOS ARE THE IMPORTANT AND USEFUL SLAVES OF NIGERIA. THEY HAVE A CHOICE TO MAKE.
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Its a Goal wrote:Now that is a handball going by the new laws. If it hits your arm no matter what it is a penalty. Now it is not even given :curse:.

That is not the rule.
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Germany 1 (Popp) V Nigeria 0

Post by green4life »

kolinzo wrote:
green4life wrote:
kolinzo wrote:
green4life wrote:
Oguleftie wrote:I told you guys Falcons are technically bad players..
Can you shut up abeg.
But it is true. The can't string five passes. What do you call that?
What does that have to do with bad calls affecting the game? Or is it not possible t win trophies by ‘parking the bus’? When Jose, Chelsea, ManU, Liverpool et al do it, na tactical master class but when done by a Nigerian team, they technically bad abi?
There hasn't been any bad calls. All calls have been legit. There is nothing wrong with parking the bus. Jose does it all the time but they still string more than five passes from time to time. Jose does it and win games with park the bus. Jose does it and you know that if his strikers should get on the counter you are doomed. Tell me, do you see that in this game?
Lol. You are forgetting I haven’t missed a Chelsea game in almost 20yrs. I can give you many but the obvious examples are against Barca and even Man City. But there are tons of examples that led to successful outcomes for Chelsea that it’s actually a thing of pride for fans. :lol:
Comrade Machel
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Comrade Machel »

Bbc analysts agree the first goal was offside and shouldn't have stood :curse: :curse:
Last edited by Comrade Machel on Sat Jun 22, 2019 5:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ratlala :thumbs: :D

https://youtu.be/8CZLsYase0Q
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

3 times we have been screwed by VAR.
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

REST IN PEACE COACH STEPHEN KESHI!!! REST IN PEACE COACH AMODU SHAIBU!!!
waka-man
Egg
Egg

Post by waka-man »

Uchenna Kanu is having a decent game. For all the abuse, Desire is working hard. We’re behinf because we’re playing a better team, better particularly at set-pieces.
-------------------------------------------
MY NAME IS WAKA-MAN, and YES, I AM A CHELSEA FAN. Please don't hate me - I was fan when David Ellery dashed Cantona two penalties as Man U beat us 4-0 in the FA Cup final. So I've paid my dues.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

kolinzo wrote: That was not a penalty because her hand was firmly placed on her chest.
:agree: :agree:
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Schillachi
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Schillachi »

Was anyone seriously making a case that the penalty was not the right call?
NIGERIAN BADBOY!
charlie
Egg
Egg

Post by charlie »

Its a Goal wrote:3 times we have been screwed by VAR.
3 times in a row...
Kola nut lasts long for those that savor it
The Eagle
Egg
Egg

Post by The Eagle »

Listening to these USA telecast commentators trot out all of the nasty stereotypes .... is boiling my blood. Did she really just say the word "naive"? :twisted:
The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects the wind to change; the realist adjusts his sails.
Don't believe anything until it has been officially denied.
If you are controversial, you will lose some votes. If you are courageous, you will lose the election.
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

kolinzo wrote:That was not a penalty because her hand was firmly placed on her chest.
That is not what the rules says...haba
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
Nkume
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Nkume »

VAR has been screwing small teams all tournament.
"Our enemies are the political profiteers, the swindlers, the men in high and low places that seek bribes and demand 10 percent; those that seek to keep the country divided permanently so that they can remain in office as ministers or VIPs at least, the tribalists, the nepotists, those that make the country look big for nothing before international circles, those that have corrupted our society and put the Nigerian political calendar back by their words and deeds." - Kaduna Nzeogwu
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

Punchbag football. This Thomas Dennerby guy gotta have some tactics in his arsenal - especially with Corner kicks. We just seemed to have dropped in technique from the last time 1 really watched the girls. Girls struggling to control the ball - others running w/o looking up for passing options & a super slow pass rate on counters - it's so English Mens 3rd div of the '80s - blast the ball forward & hope something happens.
I missed the Frace match but even though Germany used to be a powerhouse - this German team doesn't look convincing.
If I give you a good wine, you will see how it tastes and after you ask where it comes from,'' ""To put players in my team who are not good enough will not strengthen the England team, and would weaken the Arsenal team.''The only thing I can say is that whenever England do not win it is always my fault,even when I am not at the game".Wenger said.
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

metalalloy wrote:
Its a Goal wrote:Now that is a handball going by the new laws. If it hits your arm no matter what it is a penalty. Now it is not even given :curse:.

That is not the rule.
What part of Sissoko’s arm did the ball hit during the CL finals?
Bell
Egg
Egg

Post by Bell »

The Eagle wrote:Listening to these USA telecast commentators trot out all of the nasty stereotypes .... is boiling my blood. Did she really just say the word "naive"? :twisted:

ONE OF THEM SAID, IN SO MANY WORDS THAT..

…the hiring of a foreign coach showed that Nigeria was taking things more seriously.
Bell
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

The Eagle wrote:Listening to these USA telecast commentators trot out all of the nasty stereotypes .... is boiling my blood. Did she really just say the word "naive"? :twisted:

I just mute am. There is no benefit to listening to us telecast commentary when the girls are playing. Especially from their female ex players.
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.

GG of G
Egg
Egg

Post by GG of G »

zoro wrote:
GG of G wrote:It's just a joke the whole lot. The referee is as biased as they come, VAR is a joke, the game I enjoy watching and playing is finally gone to the dogs.
Chief, am not talking of just one or 2 incidences or just this game, this whole WWC has been a joke from the whole VAR, refereeing fiasco. The whole beautiful game has been ruined beyond recognition
"Do not be Misled. God is not one to be mocked. Whatever a man is sowing, this he will also reap." Gal 6:7
charlie
Egg
Egg

Post by charlie »

Schillachi wrote:Was anyone seriously making a case that the penalty was not the right call?
The penalty was very harsh, but they have consistently made that call, so no arguments.

The 2 missed offside and goal keeper interference calls leading to the first goal is what is boiling our blood. The Ref cannot say she didnt have an opportunity to review the event. She did, and still gave a goal that their own rules say shouldnt have been given.
Kola nut lasts long for those that savor it
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Bell wrote:

ONE OF THEM SAID, IN SO MANY WORDS THAT..

…the hiring of a foreign coach showed that Nigeria was taking things more seriously.
Bell

Nah so nah. That the foreign coach is "teaching them the technical side of things" :rotf:

zoro
Egg
Egg

Post by zoro »

Schillachi wrote:Was anyone seriously making a case that the penalty was not the right call?
A clearance kicks gets the ball but a follow through gets a players leg. A good ref would give a " take it easy caution" NOT A PENALTY.
IGBOS ARE THE IMPORTANT AND USEFUL SLAVES OF NIGERIA. THEY HAVE A CHOICE TO MAKE.
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

GG of G wrote:
zoro wrote:
Chief, am not talking of just one or 2 incidences or just this game, this whole WWC has been a joke from the whole VAR, refereeing fiasco. The whole beautiful game has been ruined beyond recognition
:clap: :clap: :clap: way too many interruptions.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

[color=brown]GG of G[/color] wrote: Offside first goal - commentators on BBC fuming why that 1st goal wasn't given as an offside, showing how the 1st goal has to be an offside. Don't even get me started on the 2nd. it's a joke the whole lot........smh
Stupid Fox is not bothering to show the replay of the offside move. What is annoying is how the ref is pick and choosing which law to apply literally. The penalty call was wrong because the defender kicked the ball but her follow through leg was what caught the German. She was not going intentionally for her leg. If the ref was willing to make that call that was not based on intention then she should have called the handball on the German since the ball hit her arm even though it was not intentional.
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

REST IN PEACE COACH STEPHEN KESHI!!! REST IN PEACE COACH AMODU SHAIBU!!!