Nigeria 2-1 South Africa : FT(Samu, Ekong...VAR)

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Nigeria 2-1 South Africa : FT(Samu, Ekong...VAR)

Post by Lolly »

Synopsis wrote:
Lolly wrote:Man of the match - Etebo and Ndidi. These guys were immense.
Collins was immense too. Locked down his side of the field.
Very true. I didn't know Collins was that good. His first game back from injury and he was solid.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

About that Bafana goal, Yekini scored a similar goal against them in South Africa during the USA94 WCQ and of course it was ruled offside. :roll:

My God though, Musa needs to work on his delivery.
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

oloye wrote:
danfo driver wrote:UNCLE, SIR, DEAN OLOYE,

Can you see Chukwueze now? :D

I dey "tasi" you because you allowed yourself to align with that useless TonyThe TigerKIller at Half Time. :lol:
Dont call anyone useless it is not a good thing. That said the boy did just okay, the talent is there and I believe he can do better, so I will beg una make una no hype the boy beyond measure. He has talents, but there is still so much room to improve.
I love this....................this means that we may have a Messi :D in our hands.
"Today we remember Nigeria and Africa football legend, Late Coach Stephen Okechukwu Keshi who passed on, on june 7th 2016. Thank you for the memories ‘The Big Boss.’ We can never forget you"............Kanu Nwankwo
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

marko wrote:I thought Musa ran the south African player ragged and cant understand why he was subbed
Yes he did a great job on the guy, but it became frustrating watching him do all the work and no end product. I was almost losing my mind watching him get to vantage position only to cross to no one... In essence he was doing nothing, the ball was ending in a less dangerous area from a dangerous position.

A coach has to do something to stop the madness, before everyone lose their minds from expectations that was never there. Haba almost tore all my hair out. He did well, but his final decisions were poor.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
uglyoneiamagain
Egg
Egg

Post by uglyoneiamagain »

Synopsis wrote:
oscar52 wrote:Lucky win. If the 2nd goal had not happen when it did, SA looked the ore likely to score. Bringing on Simon was strange when Kalu, Onyekuru, and Osimhen were there. The sub that should have been made was not Musa but Ighalo who had done almost nothing in the game. The coach dey one kine.
Who assisted Ekong's goal?
SA Goalkeeper :thumbs:
Enyi
Egg
Egg

Post by Enyi »

Well done to the boys.....go Super Eagles....
The stupid neither forgive nor forget- the smart forgive- but never forget" -Thomas Szasz.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and consciencious stupidity."
-Martin Luther King- Jr.

“Our Audacity to rise from our losses is what makes Nigerian the number one footballing nation in Africa - Stephen Keshi RIP

Those who don't take decisions never make mistakes."..........
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Any video of the game?
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

oscar52 wrote: Lucky win. If the 2nd goal had not happen when it did, SA looked the ore likely to score. Bringing on Simon was strange when Kalu, Onyekuru, and Osimhen were there. The sub that should have been made was not Musa but Ighalo who had done almost nothing in the game. The coach dey one kine.
Lucky win? In life all we need is LUCK. On the other hand, what will you call the SA's goal? Was it not a lucky goal?
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

oloye wrote:
marko wrote:I thought Musa ran the south African player ragged and cant understand why he was subbed
Yes he did a great job on the guy, but it became frustrating watching him do all the work and no end product. I was almost losing my mind watching him get to vantage position only to cross to no one... In essence he was doing nothing, the ball was ending in a less dangerous area from a dangerous position.

A coach has to do something to stop the madness, before everyone lose their minds from expectations that was never there. Haba almost tore all my hair out. He did well, but his final decisions were poor.
He's more effective when he's direct. He doesn't have to think much. One of those chances I think he could've taken a pop at goal.
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

That boy Collins has that 3 locked down, he looks the part, I don't want to jinx him, but I have not seen anyone I fancy on that position for about 10 years. Even with Taiwo there he did not impress me beyond his bazooka shots.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
lacidi
Egg
Egg

Post by lacidi »

oscar52 wrote:Lucky win. If the 2nd goal had not happen when it did, SA looked the ore likely to score. Bringing on Simon was strange when Kalu, Onyekuru, and Osimhen were there. The sub that should have been made was not Musa but Ighalo who had done almost nothing in the game. The coach dey one kine.
Not true, we were the better team and had the better chances. Our keeper was not tested. After SA goal we came back attacking. So I don’t know where you got the idea that SA was in control.
Its nice when someone shoots ur murderer in the back, without asking to be paid.
Schillachi
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Schillachi »

oloye wrote:

How about not starting Musa on the wings..
NIGERIAN BADBOY!
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

elerineye wrote:
His final delivery was very poor...
His decision-making was just subpar...
But his running kept the SA defense honest all game. Kudos!
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

oloye wrote:

I thought the front players were not on the same wave lenghth with Musa, they should have anticipated his runs and put themselves in position to receive, yes Musa final ball was not good but there was one or 2 balls Ighalo could have got
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
Goldleaf
Egg
Egg

Post by Goldleaf »

Over the years, nigerians have been able to communicate to south africans that they are our wives. I remember Barrister Chris Green telling the South African analysts on their flagship Super Sports TV Review Show bluntly that we can take them anytime. The south african guys were aghast. Alas, however, we have proven this again and again. Maybe now that Emmanuel Amuneke is out of a job, South Africa can give him Bafana Bafana to improve them. On to the game.

Folks may like or loathe Gernot Rohr. However, on this showing in this AFCON, Rohr has got everything right and deserves full credit. Rohr's 4-2-3-1 is not everyone's cup of tea (not even mine), but playing in that hot, humid Egypt climate, Rohr is proving that 4-2-3-1 is the best formation. Rohr plays a flat back 4. He has lost confidence in Balogun and the duo of Ekong and Omeruo are not letting him and us down.

In front of them is Rohr's battleaxe. In Peter Etebo and Wilfred Ndidi, Rohr has terminators or reducers. When the opposition bears down, they struggle to get past that DM wall. That may remain the story for the rest of the AFCON.

On the wings, Rohr now finally believes in Chukwueze. Each time Chukwueze has the ball, there is a roar of expectation. I just hope this boy lands in the EPL under the wings of Guardiola or Jurgen Klopp and he will be more influential than Arjen Robben was. Musa beats his markers easily, but the problem is Ighalo is not on the same plane. English strikers Alan Shearer, Harry Kane and Gary Lineker will love Musa because english forwards like rushing in the box to get at the end of crosses like Musa's to score. Finally, Alex Iwobi is still trying to work out his role. Does he drop deep to support Ndidi and Etebo or does he stick close to Ighalo?

All in all, Gernot Rohr has a good SE team. he has proved that by reaching the last 4 of AFCON. Those who don't like need to shine their eyes very well. This team is strong and has a depth to it. Yes, we stopped playing against South Africa in the 2nd half and they equalised but how did we react? We went down the other end and scored.

In EPL, the kind of song they will have for South Africa is:

We score when we want
We score when we waaaaaaaant!
Suuuper Eaglees
We score when we want
Last edited by Goldleaf on Wed Jul 10, 2019 10:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Awaziem really played well too.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
achuzia-the-air-raid
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by achuzia-the-air-raid »

Then they said to one another, “We are truly guilty concerning our brother, for we saw the anguish of his soul when he pleaded with us, and we would not hear; therefore this distress has come upon us.” Genesis 42:21

“A doubtful friend is worse than a certain enemy. Let a man be one thing or the other, and we then know how to meet him” (Aesop, 620–564 BC).
100%Naija
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by 100%Naija »

Gotti wrote:
elerineye wrote:
His final delivery was very poor...
His decision-making was just subpar...
But his running kept the SA defense honest all game. Kudos!
kpom. The SA defense was exhausted from chasing him all over the pitch. It was a thang of beaut! :lol:
I'm the biggest boss that you've seen thus far, Reppin' PH & NGR to the Fullest
http://forum.cybereagles.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=158494
Babafad wrote: My brother, dis money go scatter akara for inside oil. Just dey watch!
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Schillachi wrote:
oloye wrote:

Don't get too caught up on positions. Look at the role too. He does play close to Ighalo sometimes...

His delivery is far too inconsistent. BUT...

There is also not enough effort on the other side of the ball to get up there for his delivery...
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Coulda, woulda, shoulda... :lol:
We go to the semis, SA goes home.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
100%Naija
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by 100%Naija »

Goldleaf wrote:Over the years, nigerians have been able to communicate to south africans that they are our wives. I remember Barrister Chris Green telling the South African analysts on their flagship Super Sports TV Review Show bluntly that we can take them anytime. The south african guys were aghast. Alas, however, we have proven this again and again. Maybe now that Emmanuel Amuneke is out of a job, South Africa can give him Bafana Bafana to improve them. On to the game.

Folks may like or loathe Gernot Rohr. However, on this showing in this AFCON, Rohr has got everything right and deserves full credit. Rohr's 4-2-3-1 is not everyone's cup of tea (not even mine), but playing in that hot, humid Egypt climate, Rohr is proving that 4-2-3-1 is the best formation. Rohr plays a flat back 4. He has lost confidence in Balogun and the duo of Ekong and Omeruo are not letting him and us down.

In front of them is Rohr's battleaxe. In Peter Etebo and Wilfred Ndidi, Rohr has terminators or reducers. When the opposition bears down, they struggle to get past that DM wall. That may remain the story for the rest of the AFCON.

On the wings, Rohr now finally believes in Chukwueze. Each time Chukwueze has the ball, there is a roar of expectation. I just hope this boy lands in the EPL under the wings of Guardiola or Jurgen Klopp and he will be more influential than Arjen Robben was. Musa beats his markers easily, but the problem is Ighalo is not on the same plane. English strikers Alan Shearer, Harry Kane and Gary Lineker will love Musa because english forwards like rushing in the box to get at the end of crosses like Musa's to score. Finally, Alex Iwobi is still trying to work out his role. Does he drop deep to support Ndidi and Etebo or does he stick close to Ighalo?

All in all, Gernot Rohr has a good SE team. he has proved that by reaching the last 4 of AFCON. Those who don't like need to shine their eyes very well. This team is strong and has a depth to it. Yes, we stopped playing against South Africa in the 2nd half and they equalised but how did we react? We went down the other end and scored.

In EPL, the kind of song they will have for South Africa is:

We score when we want
We score when we waaaaaaaant!
Suuuper Eaglees
We score when we want
:clap: :clap: :clap:
I'm the biggest boss that you've seen thus far, Reppin' PH & NGR to the Fullest
http://forum.cybereagles.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=158494
Babafad wrote: My brother, dis money go scatter akara for inside oil. Just dey watch!
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Schillachi wrote:
oloye wrote:

I don't want to lay to Musa because of the respect I have for him. But if he was intelligent he would be scoring tonnes of goals from that very position. He tried not to be selfish and that was his undoing. Henry was striking from the wings. Left footers playing on the right cut in to shoot, what stops a right footer playing from the left doing the same. Is Sallah a winger, is Henry a winger? When scored against Iceland he came in from the wings. Someone mentioned he should remember how he scored against Argentina, he came in from the same left.

Musa should sit down and watch his own games.

Chriskendo43
Egg
Egg

Post by Chriskendo43 »

Musa played very well today apart from the poor crossing thanks eagle for making us proud today