Nigeria 2-1 South Africa : FT(Samu, Ekong...VAR)

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

imehjunior
Egg
Egg
Re: Nigeria 2-1 South Africa : FT(Samu, Ekong...VAR)

Post by imehjunior »

Lolly wrote:Man of the match - Etebo and Ndidi. These guys were immense.
Totally.
"Nigeria's No.1 problem is that all the smart Nigerians and those who know the solutions to everything are hiding here on CE." 1naija
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Lolly wrote:Awaziem really played well too.
Unfortunately, he adds very little offensively...
But his FIRST job is to defend, and that he did well today. Kudos!
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Goldleaf
Egg
Egg

Post by Goldleaf »

txj wrote:
Schillachi wrote:
oloye wrote:
marko wrote:I thought Musa ran the south African player ragged and cant understand why he was subbed
Yes he did a great job on the guy, but it became frustrating watching him do all the work and no end product. I was almost losing my mind watching him get to vantage position only to cross to no one... In essence he was doing nothing, the ball was ending in a less dangerous area from a dangerous position.

A coach has to do something to stop the madness, before everyone lose their minds from expectations that was never there. Haba almost tore all my hair out. He did well, but his final decisions were poor.

How about not starting Musa on the wings..
Don't get too caught up on positions. Look at the role too. He does play close to Ighalo sometimes...

His delivery is far too inconsistent. BUT...

There is also not enough effort on the other side of the ball to get up there for his delivery...

They need to work together in training. Ighalo can't seem to read what Musa will do. Ighalo should actually be in box 6 when Musa hits box 18. Brown Ideye was good at that. Check Ideye'sgoal against Mali in AFCON 2013 semi-final.
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Like I said before, for a stand in player, he has done what was required of him. I think we will be seeing more of him on that wing
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
Curve whiz
Egg
Egg

Post by Curve whiz »

oloye wrote:
marko wrote:I thought Musa ran the south African player ragged and cant understand why he was subbed
Yes he did a great job on the guy, but it became frustrating watching him do all the work and no end product. I was almost losing my mind watching him get to vantage position only to cross to no one... In essence he was doing nothing, the ball was ending in a less dangerous area from a dangerous position.

A coach has to do something to stop the madness, before everyone lose their minds from expectations that was never there. Haba almost tore all my hair out. He did well, but his final decisions were poor.
Oga Oloye, one question: Was it Musa’s final delivery that was poor or Ighalo and Iwobi sleeping and not reading the pass? The first few chances, Musa pulled it to the far post, Ighalo was hanging back at the D and Iwobi and Chukwueze were nowhere to be found. Later, Musa started pulling the ball to the D, and Ighalo started attacking the box.

Me I will blame Rohr for his personnel choices and not working with his strikers. Tbh, I think Osimhen or Onyekuru or Musa himself, looking at the way they attack the box, would have scored two or three goals from Musa’s crosses today.

Can you imagine, if Drogba or Aguero were in Ighalo position today? It would have been tap-in all day my brother. So, its not fair to keep blaming Musa, he’s actually more cerebral than most of his teammates. Ighalo need to stop ball watching, attack the box and allow Iwobi to arrive at the D.
Goldleaf
Egg
Egg

Post by Goldleaf »

marko wrote:
oloye wrote:

I thought the front players were not on the same wave lenghth with Musa, they should have anticipated his runs and put themselves in position to receive, yes Musa final ball was not good but there was one or 2 balls Ighalo could have got
Absolutely. Ighalo was not on the same wavelength. That is where 2 upfront makes a different; one goes short, the other goes long. If Musa's pass misses the first, the second gets it.
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

Gotti wrote:
Unfortunately, he adds very little offensively...
But his FIRST job is to defend, and that he did well today. Kudos!
I have to disagree. He is very versatile. Adds more to the offense that Shehu. Crosses and shoots well. Excellent ball control and is a really good CD
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

oscar52 wrote:Lucky win. If the 2nd goal had not happen when it did, SA looked the ore likely to score. Bringing on Simon was strange when Kalu, Onyekuru, and Osimhen were there. The sub that should have been made was not Musa but Ighalo who had done almost nothing in the game. The coach dey one kine.
Kpom. I don't know what the coach sees in Ighalo. The guy was a total passenger today. In fact he was worse because he was responsible for the SA goal not being offside.

Anyway, we won. Congrats to the boys! On to the semis--Algeria or Ivory Coast.
DIMKA76
Egg
Egg

Post by DIMKA76 »

Phew men I came out of the game with 12 minutes to play at 1-1. So Naija win? up Naija!!!!!
WE ARE ALL TOGETHER!!
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

We have ourselves a Left Back.

Collins can play!

Kai.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
Curve whiz
Egg
Egg

Post by Curve whiz »

Goldleaf wrote:
txj wrote:
Schillachi wrote:
oloye wrote:

How about not starting Musa on the wings..
Don't get too caught up on positions. Look at the role too. He does play close to Ighalo sometimes...

His delivery is far too inconsistent. BUT...

There is also not enough effort on the other side of the ball to get up there for his delivery...

They need to work together in training. Ighalo can't seem to read what Musa will do. Ighalo should actually be in box 6 when Musa hits box 18. Brown Ideye was good at that. Check Ideye'sgoal against Mali in AFCON 2013 semi-final.
:agree:
Thank you my brother...you read my mind as I just noted that below your post. Folks have still not changed on this forum with their emotive and insulting attitude on match days.
Last edited by Curve whiz on Wed Jul 10, 2019 10:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

Curve whiz wrote:
oloye wrote:

Oga Oloye, one question: Was it Musa’s final delivery that was poor or Ighalo and Iwobi sleeping and not reading the pass? The first few chances, Musa pulled it to the far post, Ighalo was hanging back at the D and Iwobi and Chukwueze were nowhere to be found. Later, Musa started pulling the ball to the D, and Ighalo started attacking the box.

Me I will blame Rohr for his personnel choices and not working with his strikers. Tbh, I think Osimhen or Onyekuru or Musa himself, looking at the way they attack the box, would have scored two or three goals from Musa’s crosses today.

Can you imagine, if Drogba or Aguero were in Ighalo position today? It would have been tap-in all day my brother. So, its not fair to keep blaming Musa, he’s actually more cerebral than most of his teammates. Ighalo need to stop ball watching, attack the box and allow Iwobi to arrive at the D.
Agree. Would like to see Osimhen. Ighalo should have had a couple of tap ins today. Totally ball watched on a couple of chances especially a particular Chukwueze breakaway.
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

Rohr, please next time you want to sub Musa out, sub Ighalo and have Musa play centrally.

You will then have 3 players who are interchangeable.

Musa defensively was awesome today. But his offense and final ball today was suspect.

The 3 man midfield of Iwobi-Ndidi-Etebo were fantastic....

Unto recovery for the Semi-final game.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
elerineye
Egg
Egg

Post by elerineye »

Gotti wrote:
elerineye wrote:
His final delivery was very poor...
His decision-making was just subpar...
But his running kept the SA defense honest all game. Kudos!
Very true...
...work out your own salvation with fear and trembling. - Phil. 2: 12

...as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD. - Josh. 24: 15

"You need to grow up and respect the fact that people can disagree with you without you getting personal about it. People have a right to express their opinion and you have no right to try and suppress the rights of others because you do not like or disagree with it." - Waffiman
dhoney
Egg
Egg

Post by dhoney »

marko wrote:
oloye wrote:

I thought the front players were not on the same wave lenghth with Musa, they should have anticipated his runs and put themselves in position to receive, yes Musa final ball was not good but there was one or 2 balls Ighalo could have got
@Marko, I was thinking the same way honestly. Musa delivery was bad but the absence of our players in the box was even a problem. It was only Ighalo against about 4 defenders. The presence of more players would have aided his decision making.
And Jesus said to the only leper that came back to thank Him after He healed ten.... "Chai....na only you waka come?".
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

Cellular wrote:We have ourselves a Left Back.

Collins can play!

Kai.
Mr. President, you can say that again..I mean :thumbs:
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
Babalawo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Babalawo »

Cellular wrote:We have ourselves a Left Back.

Collins can play!

Kai.

Agreed!
Peter Obi For President 2023
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

They should drill our front men in training, anticipation, making runs, when Musa attacks the defence, Ighalo should be on the last defender back, we can all blame Musa but the way he goes past defences with his pace, Nigeria does not make the best use of it
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

1naija wrote:Any video of the game?
[/video]
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Nigeria vs South Africa : Match thread(3pm ET)

Post by Its a Goal »

Congratulations to the lads. Played very well but surprised Rohr subbed off Musa that was giving their RB so much hassles.
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

REST IN PEACE COACH STEPHEN KESHI!!! REST IN PEACE COACH AMODU SHAIBU!!!
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Curve whiz wrote:
oloye wrote:

The deliveries were poor, I was taught simple football, put the pass where you should, if the person who is supposed to be there is not there, everyone will see. I did not see any ball go to where it should. Look at the ball Chukwueze squared across the goal, everyone was blaming Ighalo for not being there. Now ask yourself did Musa for all the chances he had square any decent ball like that?

There were two instances he cut back and I was expecting him to go for a curler, I could not believe when he passed back 30 yards, I mean who runs all the way into the box to pass the ball back 30 yards? That is a bad decision, I would rather blast the ball at the keeper than do that. It is about decision making, he could have single handedly kill the Bafana Bafana today.

He tried not to be selfish, I have one word for him once you find yourself in the box, let your striker instinct take over, become selfish
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
amafolas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by amafolas »

dhoney wrote:
marko wrote:
oloye wrote:

@Marko, I was thinking the same way honestly. Musa delivery was bad but the absence of our players in the box was even a problem. It was only Ighalo against about 4 defenders. The presence of more players would have aided his decision making.
Chukwueze for all his dribbling, should have been the other late-arrival into the box from the right. so if the ball misses Ighalo (making a near or far-post run), and Iwobi coming from central, there should be someing running into the box from the right that gets to it.
"We will go through the gate. If the gate is closed, we will go over the fence. If the fence is too high, we will pole vault in. If that doesn’t work, we will parachute in. But we are going to get health-care reform passed"
Nancy Pelosi, 01/28/2010 after Scott Brown got elected to Ted Kennedy's senate seat.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Cellular wrote:Rohr, please next time you want to sub Musa out, sub Ighalo and have Musa play centrally.

You will then have 3 players who are interchangeable.

Musa defensively was awesome today. But his offense and final ball today was suspect.

The 3 man midfield of Iwobi-Ndidi-Etebo were fantastic....

Unto recovery for the Semi-final game.
while he has problems with his final ball, all of that is not attributable to him. The movement on the other side is also contributory...
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp