Taking up Eagles job to rescue team was a mistake – Siasia

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Goalgetter
Egg
Egg
Taking up Eagles job to rescue team was a mistake – Siasia

Post by Goalgetter »

https://www.google.com/amp/s/punchng.co ... iasia/amp/

I agree with him. Now people use that to say “hey he couldn’t qualify for Afcon.” Insane. The guy is Naija’s best coach by far. What he did with the Olympic teams despite all the logistic nightmares is incredible. NFF are really dumb for not utilizing him.
Are you saying that things you do not know, do not exist, just because you do not know that they exist?
chief nfachairman
Egg
Egg
Re: Taking up Eagles job to rescue team was a mistake – Sias

Post by chief nfachairman »

Goalgetter wrote:https://www.google.com/amp/s/punchng.co ... iasia/amp/

I agree with him. Now people use that to say “hey he couldn’t qualify for Afcon.” Insane. The guy is Naija’s best coach by far. What he did with the Olympic teams despite all the logistic nightmares is incredible. NFF are really dumb for not utilizing him.
Oga,
Your head dey house at all? Don't you know he also didnt qualify Nigeria for the AFCON in 2010/11 when he had a full time job as coach.

Now you want to recommend a man that has not coached since 2016? Are Nigerians running mad?
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

chief nfachairman wrote:

Oga,
Your head dey house at all? Don't you know he also didnt qualify Nigeria for the AFCON in 2010/11 when he had a full time job as coach.

Now you want to recommend a man that has not coached since 2016? Are Nigerians running mad?
I really don't know what is going on here...nobody can give us a viable option to replace Rohr, but they just want him gone period...
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
onwuatuegwu
Egg
Egg

Post by onwuatuegwu »

chief nfachairman wrote:

Oga,

So how many teams did Rohr qualify for AFCON before taking up the Nigerian team?
Obong
Egg
Egg

Post by Obong »

The more relevant question is what Siasia has done since 2016. If he has done something relevant to football, like running a football academy or participating actively in coaching clinics and seminars, that'll qualify him in my book. Several examples are available. Many otherwise qualified coaches remain unemployed for stretches-months to years. Being without a team for 2-3 years while still in the football frame is okay. If he's available and obviously has the goods, let's go for him.
"WE ARE THE SUPER EAGLES!!!"
chief nfachairman
Egg
Egg

maceo4 wrote:
chief nfachairman wrote:

Oga,

I really don't know what is going on here...nobody can give us a viable option to replace Rohr, but they just want him gone period...

And thats how we ended up with Buhari bcos we wanted GEJ gone, Period. SaD!
chief nfachairman
Egg
Egg

Obong wrote:The more relevant question is what Siasia has done since 2016. If he has done something relevant to football, like running a football academy or participating actively in coaching clinics and seminars, that'll qualify him in my book. Several examples are available. Many otherwise qualified coaches remain unemployed for stretches-months to years. Being without a team for 2-3 years while still in the football frame is okay. If he's available and obviously has the goods, let's go for him.
Recycle Failure? After all his failure with the SE, where has he gone to prove he is fit for the job? Where?
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

chief nfachairman wrote:
Obong wrote:The more relevant question is what Siasia has done since 2016. If he has done something relevant to football, like running a football academy or participating actively in coaching clinics and seminars, that'll qualify him in my book. Several examples are available. Many otherwise qualified coaches remain unemployed for stretches-months to years. Being without a team for 2-3 years while still in the football frame is okay. If he's available and obviously has the goods, let's go for him.
Recycle Failure? After all his failure with the SE, where has he gone to prove he is fit for the job? Where?
They call it insanity, doing the same things over and over again and expecting different results. Siasia continues to fail for the SE, hasn't shown he has improved in any sort of viable manner, but hey lets hand him over the keys again, we fail to qualify then curse him and fire him then hire another unqualified coach, same thing, then finally cycle back to another journey man FC who might either chop your money Lagerback style and laugh in your face afterwards, or one willing to do the dirty work to help us stabilize things like a Rohr...
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

all those who wants to retain rohr are all in bed with peakmilk , that is why you people are so keen on keeping a failure
Nigeria 0- SA 2
Nigeria 0- Madagascar 2
Nigeria 0 Uganda 0
Nigeria 0 Zimbabwe 0
Nigeria 1(VAR) Algeria 2

all games no shots on target
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Goalgetter
Egg
Egg

Post by Goalgetter »

chief nfachairman wrote:

Oga,

Your information is inaccurate. Siasia only came on board after Eguavoen’s team lost to to Guinea in Conakry. At no point has Siasia coached the SE from the get go of a qualifying campaign.
Are you saying that things you do not know, do not exist, just because you do not know that they exist?
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...but the Olympic team came 2nd. Naija no dey like 2nd or 3rd as per some commenters here :???:
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Bigpokey24 wrote:all those who wants to retain rohr are all in bed with peakmilk , that is why you people are so keen on keeping a failure
Nigeria 0- SA 2
Nigeria 0- Madagascar 2
Nigeria 0 Uganda 0
Nigeria 0 Zimbabwe 0
Nigeria 1(VAR) Algeria 2

all games no shots on target
You must really be drunk or have 'selective amnesia.' Why didn't you list the games coach Rohr won? For example, why didn't you list how we beat Zambia - home and away - then Cameroon in our home and Cameroon at the AFCON. Then, South Africa at the AFCON and several others?
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

maceo4 wrote:
chief nfachairman wrote:

Oga,

Please ask them. I just don’t understand this anti-Rohr push. You read that Siasia article and tell me if it is easy to pull off what Rohr pulled off with Nigeria.
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by felarey »

Siasia took the job for love, next time he needs to be more professional as that attitude doesn't work well at the highest level. The talent is there, add professionalism ala Oliseh and he'll move on to bigger things.
"Winning one trophy is good, I tell you. No matter what trophy it might be, you've got to take it.” - Sir Alex Ferguson

ENGLISH PREMIERSHIP CHAMP20NS, UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINN3RS
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Goalgetter,

If Siasia made that statement then it makes me more worried about his decisions. Recall, that he faced exactly a similar situation in 2009 with the U20 team and he took the job with disastrous result. Did he not learn then? Why do the same thing when offered the same scenario with the Eagles' job a few years later? Or were there other reasons that drove his decision to take the job in 2009 and then later with the Eagles?
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

Enugu II wrote:

Goalgetter,

If Siasia made that statement then it makes me more worried about his decisions. Recall, that he faced exactly a similar situation in 2009 with the U20 team and he took the job with disastrous result. Did he not learn then? Why do the same thing when offered the same scenario with the Eagles' job a few years later? Or were there other reasons that drove his decision to take the job in 2009 and then later with the Eagles?
I would imagine that for an ex-international, it is very difficult to say no in this situation. SE managerial position was his dream job, and he was offered it. It takes special ones to turn it down…even if the circumstances say you should.

And when you add to that the need to make a living, I can’t blame him at all. Even from his current comments, it seems like he’s struggling to make a living. And ex-internationals of his caliber don’t exactly have a lot of non-Nigerian options
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
soma
Egg
Egg

Post by soma »

chief nfachairman wrote:

Oga,

So because he hasn’t coached for two years means he’s not a good coach? Or he can’t do a job with this super eagles?

3. Thomas Sankara
4. Patrice Lumumba
5. Robert Mugabe
6. Murmar "the Lion" Ghaddafi....
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

It's never a mistake, the benefits outweighs the negatives. That's why the likes of Amodu, always takes up the job no matter how badly he was treated previously.
Siasia will take up the job in an emergency again if offered.
I am happy
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

Dammy wrote:It's never a mistake, the benefits outweighs the negatives. That's why the likes of Amodu, always takes up the job no matter how badly he was treated previously.
Siasia has to demonstrate capacity outside of waiting for National Team job.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
chif456
Egg
Egg

Post by chif456 »

Word !
Cellular wrote:
Dammy wrote:It's never a mistake, the benefits outweighs the negatives. That's why the likes of Amodu, always takes up the job no matter how badly he was treated previously.
Siasia has to demonstrate capacity outside of waiting for National Team job.