Mikel's Nigerian record

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle
Mikel's Nigerian record

Post by Bigpokey24 »

1: Is the only Nigerian that have scored at least a goal at the U-17,U-2-, AFCON, Olympics, Confederation cup , EPl, Champs League FA Cup and Championship

2: Is the only Nigerian to to play at the U17, U-20, AFCON, Olympics, World Cup and Confederation cup
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
kalani JR
Egg
Egg
Re: Mikel's Nigerian record

Post by kalani JR »

ok.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

westerhof stopped Nduka Ugbade from being the first to play in the u 17, 20 and WC
SuperEagles

obaGol
Egg
Egg

Post by obaGol »

Bigpokey24 wrote:1: Is the only Nigerian that have scored at least a goal at the U-17,U-2-, AFCON, Olympics, Confederation cup , EPl, Champs League FA Cup and Championship

2: Is the only Nigerian to to play at the U17, U-20, AFCON, Olympics, World Cup and Confederation cup
Sources, please
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Some strange facts about football

1. Zinedine Zidane was never caught offside throughout his football career.

2. Kanu Nwankwo did not score a single goal at the AFCON, in 6 different tournaments. 2000,2002,2004,2006,2008&2010.

3. Steven Gerrard has exchange his jersey with over 200 players, but never with a United player.

4. Alex Song ( Cameroon player) have 27 siblings.

5. Gareth Bale is one of the few players to score, assist,& score an own in a single match.

6. Lionel Messi is the youngest player to win the Ballon'dor award.

7. Ryan Giggs is the only player to score more than 100 goals without a single hat-trick.

8. Yakubu Aiyegbeni is the first African player to score a hat-trick in the UEFA champions league.

9. Mikel Obi is the only Nigerian that have scored at least a goal at the U-17, U-20, AFCON, Olympics, Confederations cup, premier league, Champions league,FA cup, Championship.

10. Mikel Obi is the only Nigerian player to play at the U-17, U-20, AFCON, Olympics, World cup& Confederations cup.

11. Mohamed Salah have scored against every team he played against in the EPL since he joined Liverpool in 2017, except Manchester United.

Which number surprised you the most?
SuperEagles

kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

Bigpokey24 wrote:Some strange facts about football

2. Kanu Nwankwo did not score a single goal at the AFCON, in 6 different tournaments. 2000,2002,2004,2006,2008&2010.

3. Steven Gerrard has exchange his jersey with over 200 players, but never with a United player.

5. Gareth Bale is one of the few players to score, assist,& score an own in a single match.

7. Ryan Giggs is the only player to score more than 100 goals without a single hat-trick.

8. Yakubu Aiyegbeni is the first African player to score a hat-trick in the UEFA champions league.

9. Mikel Obi is the only Nigerian that have scored at least a goal at the U-17, U-20, AFCON, Olympics, Confederations cup, premier league, Champions league,FA cup, Championship.

10. Mikel Obi is the only Nigerian player to play at the U-17, U-20, AFCON, Olympics, World cup& Confederations cup.

11. Mohamed Salah have scored against every team he played against in the EPL since he joined Liverpool in 2017, except Manchester United.

Number 1 because it's not true.
highbury
Egg
Egg

Post by highbury »

Bigpokey24 wrote:1: Is the only Nigerian that have scored at least a goal at the U-17,U-2-, AFCON, Olympics, Confederation cup , EPl, Champs League FA Cup and Championship

You get a lot time in your hands sha :rotf:
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

highbury wrote:

Everyone has the same amount of time in a day...if you are busy monitoring another man's time, hmmmmmmm or using yours to ship a wife , then one must sit back and ponder
SuperEagles

highbury
Egg
Egg

Post by highbury »

Bigpokey24 wrote:
highbury wrote:

Everyone has the same amount of time in a day...if you are busy monitoring another man's time, hmmmmmmm or using yours to ship a wife , then one must sit back and ponder
Huh???
The real deal
Egg
Egg

Post by The real deal »

Neil Barnet, one of Chelsea admin staff reviewed Nigerian players in Chelsea on Sirius Xm football show about 2 years ago. He said Nigerian players have a reputation of " Just doing enough" to stay relevant and nothing more...
So true....
IMHO, that summed up mikel's Career
I believe Mikel had more....
Cujus esqulum, ajus es usqui ad inferos
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

instead of you to find it offensive that a british person will disparage nigerian players youre cosigning. First of all, if you know what nigerian players had to go through to even get to that EPL level, you wouldn't dare say they're content with "Doing enough"
The real deal
Egg
Egg

Post by The real deal »

john12 wrote:instead of you to find it offensive that a british person will disparage nigerian players youre cosigning. First of all, if you know what nigerian players had to go through to even get to that EPL level, you wouldn't dare say they're content with "Doing enough"
Dude, sports is one of the few endeavors where there is no sentiment....If you have it everyone can see it... Drogba DID, Essien did!
Mikel did not...and I'm sure Chelsea fans on this forum are unlikely to dispute that....
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

The problem is people comparing mikel to one of the GOAT ever. Drogba and essien will end up as of of the best in their position of all time but what did they achieve for their country?? do you know that Nigeria 2013 squad was less stronger than Ghana 2008 or ivory coast 2008, 10, 12
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

you should find what Neil warnock said about Nigerian players offensive
The real deal
Egg
Egg

Post by The real deal »

john12 wrote:The problem is people comparing mikel to one of the GOAT ever. Drogba and essien will end up as of of the best in their position of all time but what did they achieve for their country?? do you know that Nigeria 2013 squad was less stronger than Ghana 2008 or ivory coast 2008, 10, 12
I'm comparing what JMO did to what i considered to be his POTENTIAL ( I may be wrong), not comparing him to DD( DD had Shevchenko amongst others to contend with..... Essien had good competition too). Club football of 100 games in 2 years is very different from ACN of 6 games in 2 years. Club football is so intense these days that by the time Int'l tourney comes ard, they are so tired, but point taken. Mikel NEVER Brought it IMHO. My opinion is not based on Neil Barnett or Warnock
Molue Conductor
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Molue Conductor »

Bigpokey24 wrote:Some strange facts about football

Number 4. I thought he had more siblings
Egg

Post by obaGol »

The real deal wrote:
john12 wrote:The problem is people comparing mikel to one of the GOAT ever. Drogba and essien will end up as of of the best in their position of all time but what did they achieve for their country?? do you know that Nigeria 2013 squad was less stronger than Ghana 2008 or ivory coast 2008, 10, 12
I'm comparing what JMO did to what i considered to be his POTENTIAL ( I may be wrong), not comparing him to DD( DD had Shevchenko amongst others to contend with..... Essien had good competition too). Club football of 100 games in 2 years is very different from ACN of 6 games in 2 years. Club football is so intense these days that by the time Int'l tourney comes ard, they are so tired, but point taken. Mikel NEVER Brought it IMHO. My opinion is not based on Neil Barnett or Warnock
Mourinho beat any kind of risk, initiative or innovation out of his game. I guess it served him well to play to instructions and earn some good money but don't come here and tell me that he's better than Okocha, Oliseh or Mutiu because of team stats. His individual stats speak for themselves. He was an 'Ok' player in an 'Ok' era in our football. He's not top 10 Eagles.