Lesotho vs Nigeria (2- 4) x2 assist Osimhen plus 2 goals

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Lesotho vs Nigeria (1-4) x2 assist Osimhen plus 2 goals

Post by oloye »

charlie wrote:To be fair, Awaziem has had a hell of a game defensively. Cardinal sin of defending as Oloye has pointed out over and over again. Dont play the ball when running to your goal.
You will be amazed how instinctive that action is, the defensive instinct is to stick out a leg only to go ooops when you see you finishing off nice move for the opposition :lol:
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Lesotho vs Nigeria (2- 4) x2 assist Osimhen plus 2 goals

Post by pajimoh »

Please someone who might give a little fk, check up krawkRawlings
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Tobi17 wrote:We need to address that right back position, thank God for the versatility of Aina.
Awaziem has done well there recently but he looked laboured all through today's game. Same with Aribo and Iwobi.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Lesotho vs Nigeria (1-3) x2 assist Osimhen plus 1

Post by Scipio Africanus »

chief nfachairman wrote:
Scipio Africanus wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
Scipio Africanus wrote:Kai imagine if we had Victor at the last WC! :atc:
He wasn't playing like this at the last WC, he was a bust at Wolfsburg then...how quickly fortunes could change in footie1
With all due respect, that should be irrelevant to his play for the national team.
The the H are you saying???????
That we should evaluate our players for our own purposes and not lazily accept the evaluation by others, who have their own purposes, different from ours

Wha choo looking at?!
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

chief nfachairman wrote:
Scipio Africanus wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
He wasn't playing like this at the last WC, he was a bust at Wolfsburg then...how quickly fortunes could change in footie1
With all due respect, that should be irrelevant to his play for the national team.
If he had been picked and did not perform, the coach would have been crucified for taking a player who did not perform at club level to the world cup. This is a case of wishful thinking over reality.

The coach deals with reality the fans coach in reverse with the advantage of hindsight :lol:
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
charlie
Egg
Egg

Post by charlie »

oloye wrote:
charlie wrote:To be fair, Awaziem has had a hell of a game defensively. Cardinal sin of defending as Oloye has pointed out over and over again. Dont play the ball when running to your goal.
You will be amazed how instinctive that action is, the defensive instinct is to stick out a leg only to go ooops when you see you finishing off nice move for the opposition :lol:
Bros,...how bodi?! I no know sey you dey camp.
Kola nut lasts long for those that savor it
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin
Re: Lesotho vs Nigeria (1-2) x2 assist Osimhen

Post by truetalk »

truetalk wrote:
bret- hart wrote:Awaziem should have been sent off
I am his biggest fan, but that was simply dumb. We are leading, the guy had to get across you to get to the ball, so plenty of time to recover. Absolutely no need to make that foul.

If the Ref saw it, that would have been a red & a dangerous FK.
Guess it was a bad day in the office for him all around. A central defender cannot have too many of these moments (even if he is on the right today). His versatility is great (he can play on the right, centrally & as a defensive midfielder) but, he needs to know that some things just don't happen as a CD
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Scipio Africanus wrote:
chief nfachairman wrote:
Scipio Africanus wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
That we should evaluate our players for our own purposes and not lazily accept the evaluation by others, who have their own purposes, different from ours
But he was in camp and the coach who is trained to do the job evaluated him. What you are doing is now using his current form to wish him into the team last year.... Man mi ko le werk, in fact it does not work in reverse :lol:

Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Oguleftie wrote:He was not this energetic at Wolsburg, so you can't blame Wolsburg.
How can he be when they were playing out at right-wing? :blink:
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Spicyee
Egg
Egg

Post by Spicyee »

oloye wrote:
:lol: Very true. It always starts out with 'good intentions' because you don't know who is behind you, waiting to pounce.
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

charlie wrote:
oloye wrote:
Charlie my own persin, I dey o, I trust you dey gentle and doing amazing things yaself. I dey here dey quietly enjoy myself watching our boys use the Lesotho lads for training. I love that Aribo boy and I am happy seeing my boy Osimeh living up to my expectations unlike Awoniyi. By now we should have the two of them terrorising teams.

truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

green4life wrote:Conceded from 2 routine crosses that we should’ve dealt with easily. Back to the drawing board notwithstanding the win.
Both goals were on my boy Awaziem. No pressure on the cross for the first goal, & no comments needed for the 2nd.

There are some rules of defending that must be drilled down so deep within you, it becomes instinctive.

Awaziem is mega talented, but he has shown some costly lapses today.
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

Scipio Africanus wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
Oh really? Why don’t we just call up kelechi Nwakali right now then? :mrgreen:
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

oloye wrote:
Scipio Africanus wrote:
chief nfachairman wrote:
Scipio Africanus wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
But he was in camp and the coach who is trained to do the job evaluated him. What you are doing is now using his current form to wish him into the team last year.... Man mi ko le werk, in fact it does not work in reverse :lol:
OK oga, don't mind me. Just torturing myself with what might have been. :lol:

Wha choo looking at?!
theDunamis
Egg
Egg

Post by theDunamis »

oloye wrote:
Scipio Africanus wrote:
chief nfachairman wrote:
Scipio Africanus wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
I believe Scipio's substantive point is that the talent we are seeing today has always been there and could have been given airtime earlier in the national team rather than judged only on his Wolfsburg debacle. Especially given that his Wolfsburg debacle could have been due to multiple factors not unrelated to his obvious talent -- e.g. being played out of position, off field issues, etc.
theDunamis is signed, sealed, DELIVERED!
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Robbynice wrote:
maceo4 wrote:They go soon blame Akpeyi for that one lol
I mean
Well if he had saved it would it have been a goal? Mssshhheeww. There's no law against him saving it now
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

green4life wrote:
Scipio Africanus wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
Oh really? Why don’t we just call up kelechi Nwakali right now then? :mrgreen:
Are you seriously comparing The Victorious Victor with Nwakali? :laugh:

Wha choo looking at?!
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Lesotho vs Nigeria (1-2) x2 assist Osimhen

Post by Gotti »

truetalk wrote:
bret- hart wrote:Awaziem should have been sent off
I am his biggest fan, but that was simply dumb. We are leading, the guy had to get across you to get to the ball, so plenty of time to recover. Absolutely no need to make that foul.

If the Ref saw it, that would have been a red & a dangerous FK.
He shouldn’t have...
And the Ref saw it alright.

He stuck his hand across...
Dude ran into his hand and flopped.

Good call by Ref...
Despite the commentators’ drivel.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
charlie
Egg
Egg

Post by charlie »

oloye wrote:
charlie wrote:
oloye wrote:
Charlie my own persin, I dey o, I trust you dey gentle and doing amazing things yaself. I dey here dey quietly enjoy myself watching our boys use the Lesotho lads for training. I love that Aribo boy and I am happy seeing my boy Osimeh living up to my expectations unlike Awoniyi. By now we should have the two of them terrorising teams.
Injury don derail Taiwo's career. I can only hope now he is a late bloomer, but I dont see any easy paths for me back into Super Eagle contention.

The person wey pain me most na Kelechi. How can he go from U17 phenom to perenial bench warmer??? Anyway sha, God dey.
Kola nut lasts long for those that savor it
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

Lolly wrote:
Tobi17 wrote:We need to address that right back position, thank God for the versatility of Aina.
Awaziem has done well there recently but he looked laboured all through today's game. Same with Aribo and Iwobi.
Altitude plus terrible pitch didn’t help the players.
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

pajimoh wrote:
Robbynice wrote:
maceo4 wrote:They go soon blame Akpeyi for that one lol
I mean
Well if he had saved it would it have been a goal? Mssshhheeww. There's no law against him saving it now
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Abegi, make una leave Akpeyi alone...
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

theDunamis wrote:
oloye wrote:
Scipio Africanus wrote:
chief nfachairman wrote:
Scipio Africanus wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
I believe Scipio's substantive point is that the talent we are seeing today has always been there and could have been given airtime earlier in the national team rather than judged only on his Wolfsburg debacle. Especially given that his Wolfsburg debacle could have been due to multiple factors not unrelated to his obvious talent -- e.g. being played out of position, off field issues, etc.
Every player reporting to camp have potentials, the coach of the national team is not paid to select players with potentials that is yet to come out, that is what coaches at club level are paid to do. The national team coaches are paid to use players who are already displaying certain abilities that is needed to prosecute the forthcoming national engagement.

Let us stop this debate right here, if he had taken him to the world Cup and he did not perform, this would have been used as one of his sins, that he took a player that was not even performing at club level to the world Cup.

Make we nor dey even bring up this kind argument. The funny thing here is that, he was even invited to the camp and he was deemed not good enough. You cannot use the form of today to wish a player should have played yesterday or even last year. :lol:

ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

oloye wrote:
Spicyee wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:We all remember Rohr didn't want Ighalo to retire. Benched Osimhen at Afcon.

He is better than Obafemi Martins, Yak and Ikpeba. At this stage I will say only Kanu and Yekini are better.
On what basis?
A eg just leave Ohenhen alone, he is in that zone again
Osimhen is a complete striker. He has height, pace, can provide assists and score goals. On that basis. Martins was one dimensional. Yak lacked pace. Ikpeba didn't have the physical advantage like Osimhen.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx