Ovie Ejaria Switch imminent...???

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Ovie Ejaria Switch imminent...???

Post by felarey »

Here we go again. So much talk about a player we don't need at the moment. When he gets a call up now from England, peeps will say he used us.
"Winning one trophy is good, I tell you. No matter what trophy it might be, you've got to take it.” - Sir Alex Ferguson

ENGLISH PREMIERSHIP CHAMP20NS, UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINN3RS
heavyd
Egg
Egg

Post by heavyd »

Ejaria and EzE will be huge assets to our squad. I dont know how people cannot see this.

Prior to yesterdays QPR game against Birmingham all the pundits were raving about EZE saying he should be playing in the EPL.

HE is a top player and so is Ejaria who i have been banging on about for years...
YNWA
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Me we hia wod joor. :roll:

Ejaria is a good player that COULD play next to Ndidi but there’s little evidence he’ll be better than Etebo or Aribo . Eze looks good on the ball but contributes nothing when he doesn’t have the ball.He’s a high risk low reward player, teams wil kill us with n transition if we dare put Eze in MF.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:Me we hia wod joor. :roll:

Ejaria is a good player that COULD play next to Ndidi but there’s little evidence he’ll be better than Etebo or Aribo . Eze looks good on the ball but contributes nothing when he doesn’t have the ball.He’s a high risk low reward player, teams wil kill us with n transition if we dare put Eze in MF.
Famous last words.
At least you are man enough to admit it if you turn out to be wrong.
No shakin'... :D
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Any team that has a midfield pool of Ndidi, Aribo, Etebo, Ejaria, Eze and Azeez shouldn't be complaining.
Azeez is the only one of them above 25.
The future is looking good.
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

So Reading is in the 18th position in a 24-team English Championship League (a.k.a 2nd division).

Okay o
heavyd
Egg
Egg

Post by heavyd »

ANC wrote:So Reading is in the 18th position in a 24-team English Championship League (a.k.a 2nd division).

Okay o
What position is Stoke city?? :bored:
MEanwhile Etebo is a mainstay of the team?

The English Championship is better with the Scottish premiership
Aribo is excelling in our midfield

so i really dont see your point
YNWA
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

ANC wrote:So Reading is in the 18th position in a 24-team English Championship League (a.k.a 2nd division).

Okay o
ANC...what you are failing to see is that young upcoming talents with great prospects ar often shipped out by the big clubs to the Championship and Scottish Premiership. Notice that they are all young U23s. So they are on an upward trajectory.
If they are older (eg Semi Ajayi, 26?) then your scepticism is more understandable.

Ejaria and Eze are obviously 'in development' and if we are in a position to nab them before they reach their full potential (in which case we will be in direct competition with England) then we should make that move. A 26/27 yr old playing in those leagues is a different issue.
heavyd
Egg
Egg

Post by heavyd »

Damunk wrote:

Okay o
ANC...what you are failing to see is that young upcoming talents with great prospects ar often shipped out by the big clubs to the Championship and Scottish Premiership. Notice that they are all young U23s. So they are on an upward trajectory.
If they are older (eg Semi Ajayi, 26?) then your scepticism is more understandable.

Ejaria and Eze are obviously 'in development' and if we are in a position to nab them before they reach their full potential (in which case we will be in direct competition with England) then we should make that move. A 26/27 yr old playing in those leagues is a different issue.
them playing in these leagues especially if its for one of the best teams is not such a problem in my opinion.

Henrick Larsson was scoring in world cups while playing for Celtic in Scotland. When he left Celtic he ended up in Barca and Man united.
YNWA
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

heavyd wrote:
Damunk wrote:

Okay o

them playing in these leagues especially if its for one of the best teams is not such a problem in my opinion.

Henrick Larsson
was scoring in world cups while playing for Celtic in Scotland. When he left Celtic he ended up in Barca and Man united.
Yes, I always remember him. One of the greatest players to ever come out of the Scottish Premiership.
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

Damunk wrote:
heavyd wrote:
Damunk wrote:

Okay o

Henrick Larsson
was scoring in world cups while playing for Celtic in Scotland. When he left Celtic he ended up in Barca and Man united.
Yes, I always remember him. One of the greatest players to ever come out of the Scottish Premiership.

Larson was already a proven Swedish International before Scotland. He was part of the 94 team which had thomas brolin & martin dahlin and co. So not sure why this is relevant.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

ANC wrote:
Damunk wrote:
heavyd wrote:
Damunk wrote:

Okay o

Henrick Larsson

Larson was already a proven Swedish International before Scotland. He was part of the 94 team which had thomas brolin & martin dahlin and co. So not sure why this is relevant.
I might be wrong but Larsson really became the Superstar he ended up as after he left the Scottish Premiership. I believe he came to the EPL afterwards (not sure) before moving on to Barca.
The only reason he has come up here in this thread is to show how for the most part, potentially top players simply use the Championship and to an extent the SPL as a stepping stone for bigger stages.
So young players especially should not be judged solely on where they are playing.
Ejaria, Eze and Aribo all apply here. They're going up, not down.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

When Larson played in the EPL, that league was pretty competitive then.... Rangers had Gazza, etc..I do recall a Champs league gave Rangers vs Auxerre with Taribo

[/video]
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

He played in the era that he would have counted as a foreign player.
Larson played in the Era of Kanu, Finidi, Overmars in the dutch league.
I remember clearly when he played in the Scottish league.
He was dominant just as were other pre-proven superstars that came to the Scottish league.

Again I don't see the relevance; he ended up in Barca just like many players of his dutch league days.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

ANC wrote:He played in the era that he would have counted as a foreign player.
Larson played in the Era of Kanu, Finidi, Overmars in the dutch league.
I remember clearly when he played in the Scottish league.
He was dominant just as were other pre-proven superstars that came to the Scottish league.

Again I don't see the relevance; he ended up in Barca just like many players of his dutch league days.
em he was also at United
[/video]
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved