Rohr mandated to win ANC 2021 or be terminated ?

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Rohr mandated to win ANC 2021 or be terminated ?

Post by maceo4 »

If he doesn't win he should be fired. Only exception is a narrow loss in the finals, he's had enough time to ready his team, what more does he need to start providing results?
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Bell
Egg
Egg

Post by Bell »

vancity eagle wrote:
Bell wrote:
fabio wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:
fabio wrote:
Yes, you're right, Nigerians unearth the words "stability" and "continuity" when a foreign coach is in charge. With a Nigerian coach, their favorite phrase is "setting our football back decades". As for the timing being too close to Qatar, a poor outing in the AFCON portends something worse in Qatar so how much worse can a new coach perform? Before we forget, Amodu was fired twice before the WC (and some Nigerians rejoiced) and his replacement in SA2010 had the worst performance of any Nigerian coach in a WC. And guess what: Nigerians wanted him back. For what reason? You guessed it: the twin words of "stability" and "continuity".

I may not cast it in concrete terms ("win or be fired") but if the SE doesn't perform brilliantly in the AFCON, there'd be no secret left for the man.
Bell
what was done to Amodu was wrong, especially in the case of 2002.

Now "performing brilliantly" is very subjective, but I dont think it can be measured in terms of how far we make it in the tournament.

Say for instance we top our group slaughtering all opposition and displaying attacking and organized football.

then in the 2nd round we meet a "big gun" that stumbled in the first round, and what if they beat us after penalties and go on to win the tournament, or even finish second.

Would you fire a coach that played excellent football all tournament because of that "embarassing" 2nd round exit ?

To me the only case to fire the coach is if there are serious problems indicating that we will perform poorly in Qatar.

If we play well in Cameroon and come up short, so be it, as long as the team is functioning properly and poised to make a statement in Qatar then Rohr must be retained regardless.

If the team is getting beat or knocked out by teams which are clearly weaker, then yes I would say to fire Rohr.

But this cannot be a standard, and why would you continue to do the wrong thing, just because you did so in the past. That is absolute stupidity.

I WOULDN'T MAKE A HARD AND FAST RULE OF IT, BUT...

...it would be indicated to the coach informally that a "reassuring" performance is required. That means, he could be fired if he won it but left something to be desired; or he could be retained if poor results can be explained away. There should be enough in his dossier to judge the man after six years. After six years, if he hasn't won any tournament, why should he be retained? How many coaches, especially an experienced one, are given six years to prove themselves?

"Big guns"? At this stage, Nigeria should be the big gun in Africa that other countries are scared of. Africa shouldn't be Nigeria's problem at this point - Nigeria needs to be rubbing shoulders with the big guns outside Africa. Performing poorly in Cameroon is a strong indication of worse performance in Qatar. It could be time for a new direction. As a famous man would put it: what do you have to lose at that point?
Bell
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

fabio wrote:After 6 and half years of on the job training... asking to win AfCon, not the WC is now a tall order.
And the other 23 nations are just going to let that happen, every Single game played involves 2 teams both teams should try to win and progress to the next round by the time the tournament is scaled down to the last 16 only one team in each match can remain in the tournament regardless how hard they try and what players they have they are not guaranteed an easy passage to the final and this will always be the case until the WWE buys CAF!
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

Bigpokey24 wrote:
fabio wrote:After 6 and half years of on the job training... asking to win AfCon, not the WC is now a tall order.
you dey mind them. the former CIV coach got to the final of AFCON 2012 and lost on PKs, got fired, CIV hired another coach and then won AFCON in 2015
And after that........
Legacy is what winners should strive for, a one night stand with the girl of your dreams is applaudable but if she denies she even knows you after that it’s going to leave you starting from scratch to relive that 4 minutes of enjoyment.(yeah no copyright us it but be honest I told you)!
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

vancity eagle wrote: But this cannot be a standard, and why would you continue to do the wrong thing, just because you did so in the past. That is absolute stupidity.
You will never get an answer to this particular question becos I have been asking the exact same thing for over two years and they always fudge the answer.
its such a dumb argument to make that because a coach was humiliated in the past, the same should be done today in the name of 'equality'. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Eaglezbeak wrote:
And the other 23 nations are just going to let that happen, every Single game played involves 2 teams both teams should try to win and progress to the next round by the time the tournament is scaled down to the last 16 only one team in each match can remain in the tournament regardless how hard they try and what players they have they are not guaranteed an easy passage to the final and this will always be the case until the WWE buys CAF!
He can go coach one of the other 23 teams after he’s fired :biggrin:
Super Eagus 4 Life!
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

maceo4 wrote:If he doesn't win he should be fired. Only exception is a narrow loss in the finals, he's had enough time to ready his team, what more does he need to start providing results?
This is some dumb logic.

If all it took for success was "length of time on the job"

What is wrong with you people ?

Frankly, barring some catastrophic collapse of the team we should stick with Rohr through to Qatar. Those who dont like it can hug transformers.

And just another thing all you anti-Rohr haters have never considered.

Rohr is supposedly a conservative coach, and one of the complaints were "we are too defensive" "we dont attack enough"

Well I can guarantee you that mandating Rohr to "win the cup or else" WILL NOT produce attacking football.

It will in fact FORCE Rohr to be VERY CONSERVATIVE.

I think we all know the easiest way to win ANC is simply to have a good defence, and simply concede less than the other teams.

How many goals did Algeria concede in 2019 victory?

I believe it was 2 goals, one being a penalty.

The haters and fools in charge are really not the smartest people.

You dont force a conservative coach to be more attack minded by telling him "win it all or else"

That is literally the dumbest thing you could do.
highbury
Egg
Egg

Post by highbury »

vancity eagle wrote:
maceo4 wrote:If he doesn't win he should be fired. Only exception is a narrow loss in the finals, he's had enough time to ready his team, what more does he need to start providing results?
This is some dumb logic.

Frankly, barring some catastrophic collapse of the team we should stick with Rohr through to Qatar. Those who dont like it can hug transformers.

Rohr is supposedly a conservative coach, and one of the complaints were "we are too defensive" "we dont attack enough"

Well I can guarantee you that mandating Rohr to "win the cup or else" WILL NOT produce attacking football.

I think we all know the easiest way to win ANC is simply to have a good defence, and simply concede less than the other teams.

You dont force a conservative coach to be more attack minded by telling him "win it all or else"

Why not make your point without throwing the words "fools" and "haters" around like it's chickpeas. Just make your point. The number of insulting adjectives thrown around doesn't make you right.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

highbury wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:
This is some dumb logic.

Why not make your point without throwing the words "fools" and "haters" around like it's chickpeas. Just make your point. The number of insulting adjectives thrown around doesn't make you right.
Thats CE for you, somehow its now dumb to expect results from a coach, but the guy was smart when he was calling for the firing of a coach that actually got results and won a trophy. I didn't know international soccer stopped being a result oriented business. And its not a Nigerian thing, its world wide, show me how many jobs Rohr himself has lasted 6 years with little to no expectation other than the bare minimum? Look at the guys history below, show me anybody, any team, anywhere that gave him up to 6 years while he accomplished jack, so the rest of the world must be dumb while you that calls for the firing of coaches that achieve things are the smart one. Mind you, I'm not even anti-Rohr, but its just the nature of the business, all these teams below must be anti-Rohr then for doing the needful when it was necessary:
In 1996, he managed Girondins de Bordeaux to the UEFA Cup final, where they lost to Bayern Munich over two legs, 0–2 away and 1–3 at home.[4] Bordeaux's run to the final included a famous 3–0 win over AC Milan in the quarter-finals. From October 1998 until April 1999 he was sports director of Eintracht Frankfurt.

Rohr was fired by Étoile Sportive du Sahel following a third-place finish in the league, outside of the 2010 CAF Champions League places, on 15 May 2009.[5] On 9 June 2009, he was named as the new head coach of the Ligue 2 team FC Nantes, his contract running until 30 June 2011.[6] On 3 December 2009, he was fired by FC Nantes and replaced by Jean-Marc Furlan.[7] On 21 February 2010, Rohr replaced French coach Alain Giresse at the helm of the Gabon national football team.[8]

He became manager of Niger national football team in September 2012.[9] He resigned in October 2014.[10]

On 22 December 2015, he was sacked by Burkina Faso national football team as manager.[11]
Super Eagus 4 Life!
ahidjo2
Egg
Egg

Post by ahidjo2 »

highbury wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:
fabio wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:
It is not anybody's birthright to win ANC.

Having these sentiments displays a serious arrogance and stupidity.

What of Senegal who have never won ANC, who have a stronger team on paper than us.

Their 3rd choice keeper is better than our number 1.

There are teams like Algeria, CIV, Morocco, who have just as much talent as us, if not more in certain positions.

But of course they will just be comming to hand Nigeria their RIGHT to the title.

All we ask is that we play well and improve, if we win great, if not, it isn't the end of the world.

Why do you think it should be a given that we win the cup ? Do you think Africa is so bad that it should just be a forgone conclusion. How many world class players do we have ?
Never read all these excuses, when Keshi was in charge.....

Otto Gloria took 3 years to win AfCon.

Westerhoff took 4 years to win AfCon

Keshi took 2 years to win AfCon.

Rohr will on being on the job 6 and half years and all we can ask for is we play well and improve, if we win great, if not, it isn't the end of the world. Stop lowering the bar for Rohr!!

I wanted Keshi gone because he was corrupt to the core and sabotaged SE, end of.

Yes he won ANC, but failed to qualify for the next one, an utter disgrace of unparalleled proportions. All because of brown envelope money.

Please show me where keshi took money. You clearly sound that you were in the inner circle either via players or management. Show me and I will believe you.
I don't think he said that Keshi took money. Financial or money corruption is just an aspect of corruption. When a coach selects some players at the expense of better players, that in itself, is corruption. If not because we want the dead to rest in peace, I would have told you that Keshi was the most crooked character to have coached Nigeria, his wining 2013 AFCON nothwithstanding.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

maceo4 wrote:
highbury wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:
This is some dumb logic.

Thats CE for you, somehow its now dumb to expect results from a coach, but the guy was smart when he was calling for the firing of a coach that actually got results and won a trophy. I didn't know international soccer stopped being a result oriented business. And its not a Nigerian thing, its world wide, show me how many jobs Rohr himself has lasted 6 years with little to no expectation other than the bare minimum? Look at the guys history below, show me anybody, any team, anywhere that gave him up to 6 years while he accomplished jack, so the rest of the world must be dumb while you that calls for the firing of coaches that achieve things are the smart one. Mind you, I'm not even anti-Rohr, but its just the nature of the business, all these teams below must be anti-Rohr then for doing the needful when it was necessary:
In 1996, he managed Girondins de Bordeaux to the UEFA Cup final, where they lost to Bayern Munich over two legs, 0–2 away and 1–3 at home.[4] Bordeaux's run to the final included a famous 3–0 win over AC Milan in the quarter-finals. From October 1998 until April 1999 he was sports director of Eintracht Frankfurt.

Rohr was fired by Étoile Sportive du Sahel following a third-place finish in the league, outside of the 2010 CAF Champions League places, on 15 May 2009.[5] On 9 June 2009, he was named as the new head coach of the Ligue 2 team FC Nantes, his contract running until 30 June 2011.[6] On 3 December 2009, he was fired by FC Nantes and replaced by Jean-Marc Furlan.[7] On 21 February 2010, Rohr replaced French coach Alain Giresse at the helm of the Gabon national football team.[8]

He became manager of Niger national football team in September 2012.[9] He resigned in October 2014.[10]

On 22 December 2015, he was sacked by Burkina Faso national football team as manager.[11]

So according to your deranged logic every team not named France fired their coach for not winning the world cup.

All the top premiership clubs that didn't win the title last season were sacked I take it ?

After all according to you it is a result orientated business.

Even Germany sef that went out in the first round of the world cup, they fired their coach ? Even after that they finished last in their nations league, and surely they fired their coach right ?

Brazil who failed to win world cup, didn't even make the semis, they fired their coach right ?

But Nigeria is bigger than Brazil and Germany and other nations right.

I think you should learn from top football nations and not to keep making the same dumb mistakes Africans do not seem to learn from.

Abeg sharrap !!!!
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

vancity eagle wrote:So according to your deranged logic every team not named France fired their coach for not winning the world cup.

All the top premiership clubs that didn't win the title last season were sacked I take it ?

Even Germany sef that went out in the first round of the world cup, they fired their coach ? Even after that they finished last in their nations league, and surely they fired their coach right ?

Brazil who failed to win world cup, didn't even make the semis, they fired their coach right ?

I think you should learn from top football nations and not to keep making the same dumb mistakes Africans do not seem to learn from.

Abeg sharrap !!!!
No one asked Rohr to win the WC.

We asking AfCon.

No insults, please.

It can´t be that hard... after 6 and half years on the job.
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

fabio wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:So according to your deranged logic every team not named France fired their coach for not winning the world cup.

Abeg sharrap !!!!
No one asked Rohr to win the WC.

We asking AfCon.

No insults, please.

It can´t be that hard... after 6 and half years on the job.
He can't help it, the poor guy is just too emotional :mrgreen: We are over here providing Rohr with a sweet retirement package, something he simply won't get anywhere else, but we shouldn't set goals for him or have any expectations, he should just continue in perpetuity without any checks and balances...because he's oyinbo abi? While your own that was winning you were busy denigrating and calling for his firing even after he won...what great logic...
Super Eagus 4 Life!
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

ahidjo2 wrote:
highbury wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:
fabio wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:

What of Senegal who have never won ANC, who have a stronger team on paper than us.

There are teams like Algeria, CIV, Morocco, who have just as much talent as us, if not more in certain positions.

But of course they will just be comming to hand Nigeria their RIGHT to the title.

All we ask is that we play well and improve, if we win great, if not, it isn't the end of the world.

Why do you think it should be a given that we win the cup ? Do you think Africa is so bad that it should just be a forgone conclusion. How many world class players do we have ?

Rohr will on being on the job 6 and half years and all we can ask for is we play well and improve, if we win great, if not, it isn't the end of the world. Stop lowering the bar for Rohr!!

I wanted Keshi gone because he was corrupt to the core and sabotaged SE, end of.

Yes he won ANC, but failed to qualify for the next one, an utter disgrace of unparalleled proportions. All because of brown envelope money.

Please show me where keshi took money. You clearly sound that you were in the inner circle either via players or management. Show me and I will believe you.
I don't think he said that Keshi took money. Financial or money corruption is just an aspect of corruption. When a coach selects some players at the expense of better players, that in itself, is corruption. If not because we want the dead to rest in peace, I would have told you that Keshi was the most crooked character to have coached Nigeria, his wining 2013 AFCON nothwithstanding.
It is the prerogative of the coach to select players that will help him achieve the teams OBJECTIVE. You may be a 'BETTER' and be a minus to the team. Many times coaches have selected players that others just could not understand the rationale.

That is why Coaches are judged by RESULTS.
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

Damunk wrote:
vancity eagle wrote: But this cannot be a standard, and why would you continue to do the wrong thing, just because you did so in the past. That is absolute stupidity.
You will never get an answer to this particular question becos I have been asking the exact same thing for over two years and they always fudge the answer.
its such a dumb argument to make that because a coach was humiliated in the past, the same should be done today in the name of 'equality'. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Firstly did we accept that we did the wrong thing? Same Vancity was the one wishing death on Nigerian coaches?

Maybe you can explain how local coaches are the only one deserving of this 'wrong' action? How come only 'foreign' coaches are the one that deserve continuity, stability, require time etc.

Here we are saying that after 6 years on the job, expecting a coach to win an ANC is too much? This is coming from people that demanded the sack of a coach if he dare lose a FRIENDLY? People that claimed that 'golden bronze' is an insult?

Is this 'conversion' based on the colour of skin of the coach?
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

wanaj0 wrote:
Damunk wrote:
Firstly did we accept that we did the wrong thing? Same Vancity was the one wishing death on Nigerian coaches?

Maybe you can explain how local coaches are the only one deserving of this 'wrong' action? How come only 'foreign' coaches are the one that deserve continuity, stability, require time etc.

Here we are saying that after 6 years on the job, expecting a coach to win an ANC is too much? This is coming from people that demanded the sack of a coach if he dare lose a FRIENDLY? People that claimed that 'golden bronze' is an insult?

For the record I opposed the sacking of SSS even after he failed to qualify for a common ANC in 2012.

Why ?

Because the team was actually making progress, and playing good football, and the way we went out was unfortunate. You could see what SSS was building and thus I wanted him to continue.

The exact same can be said for Rohr. We can see where the team is headed, if we dont sabotage his efforts.

Firing a coach simply because he doesn't win AFCON, irrespective of anything else is just asinine. Winning AFCON isn't even necessarily indicative of how you will do in a WC.

Imagine Senegal had fired Bruno Metsu for not winning AFCON in 2002. Do you think they would have gone on to make the WC quarter finals ? What of Ghana in 2010 ? Failing to win AFCON but a Pk kick away from WC semi finals.

Algeria went out of the FIRST ROUND in the 2013 nations cup and DID NOT FIRE their coach, next year they were the best performing African team at the world cup taking eventual champions Germany to extra time.

You can slice it any way you want the overwhelming facts and statistics show sacking a coach right before a world cup is one of the dumbest things you can do.

Again unless we play terrible and are losing to teams clearly worse than us, we should keep Rohr. Setting a ridiculous clause that he needs to win or be fired is not how serious nations who have ma y laurel's to show operate. When coaches are fired, it's not simply because of some arbitrary benchmark, its after careful consideration of many factors, and one major consideration would be

Are you close to another major tournament, and is the team in good shape to go or does something drastic need to be done to salvage the situation.

But keep talking about injustices that were done decades ago, and making everything racial.

And another one for the haters.

Why was Keshi not fired after his piss poor disastrous showing at the Confederations cup in 2013, especially with that corrupted squad he disgraced us with. He should have been fired going by your logic, and frankly there's be more reason to fire Keshi in that instance than Rohr for comming 3rd at the AFCON.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

wanaj0 wrote:
Damunk wrote:
Maybe YOU didn't, but I did. Check the records. I am proudly on the official CE list of 'Keshi Houseboys', so please, no strawman arguments here.
Ah, so you believe they were deserving of the 'wrong' action. That is where we differ.
I do NOT believe they were deserving by any metric. Not a single one of them.
Or.... is this another strawman? Maybe you are addressing the issue to the wrong person? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
I also opposed the dismissal of Siasia. The records are here on CE.
Here we are saying that after 6 years on the job, expecting a coach to win an ANC is too much?
A third strawman! Wanaj0 this is not like you. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
From what I can tell from reading this thread, expecting our coach to win AFCON is NOT the issue. The issue is sacking him if he fails to without even looking at any circumstances in which it happens.
That's the bizarre part, don't you think?
This is coming from people that demanded the sack of a coach if he dare lose a FRIENDLY? People that claimed that 'golden bronze' is an insult?
Which 'people', please. How many of them?
That might be you projecting here. You might just want to consider that.
The eternally ridiculed 'Betty' was black, wasn't he?
Oh! My bad....
He wasn't.

Playing the reverse race card is pretty low, but we know racism always works.
Abegi.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

maceo4 wrote:He can't help it, the poor guy is just too emotional :mrgreen: We are over here providing Rohr with a sweet retirement package, something he simply won't get anywhere else, but we shouldn't set goals for him or have any expectations, he should just continue in perpetuity without any checks and balances...because he's oyinbo abi? While your own that was winning you were busy denigrating and calling for his firing even after he won...what great logic...
I have always thought my Uncle :taunt: on CE was the only one always emotional, when defending Rohr.

You know Rohr´s CE spokesman said Rohr can took up this project because he's financially secured (a bird in hand is worth two imaginary offers). Rohr also said, he wants to go the next WC (the WC bonus) must have been very mouth watering not to give it up.

With Keshi, they are logically! We want results. Dodgy selection etc, AfCon win was a fluke, WC second round na luck.....

Rohr, they are always emotionally, you know we should be happy we qualified for AfCon. You qualified from the toughest group, WC don be easy thing. Rohr is building a team for the future. Have you seen how defensively organised the SE is? This is the best defensive SE i have seen in long time. We don´t have players in the top leagues, We don´t have players in the UCL.

When Rohr fast tracks semi-professional to the SE and give them extra training, it was a very unique situation he had no choice, Rohr has an eye for talent.

Na you sing that song sey: African men no dey carry s***, however, these one dey carry S***
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

fabio wrote:
maceo4 wrote:He can't help it, the poor guy is just too emotional :mrgreen: We are over here providing Rohr with a sweet retirement package, something he simply won't get anywhere else, but we shouldn't set goals for him or have any expectations, he should just continue in perpetuity without any checks and balances...because he's oyinbo abi? While your own that was winning you were busy denigrating and calling for his firing even after he won...what great logic...
I have always thought my Uncle :taunt: on CE was the only one always emotional, when defending Rohr.

You know Rohr´s CE spokesman said Rohr can took up this project because he's financially secured (a bird in hand is worth two imaginary offers). Rohr also said, he wants to go the next WC (the WC bonus) must have been very mouth watering not to give it up.

With Keshi, they are logically! We want results. Dodgy selection etc, AfCon win was a fluke, WC second round na luck.....

Rohr, they are always emotionally, you know we should be happy we qualified for AfCon. You qualified from the toughest group, WC don be easy thing. Rohr is building a team for the future. Have you seen how defensively organised the SE is? This is the best defensive SE i have seen in long time. We don´t have players in the top leagues, We don´t have players in the UCL.

When Rohr fast tracks semi-professional to the SE and give them extra training, it was a very unique situation he had no choice, Rohr has an eye for talent.

Na you sing that song sey: African men no dey carry s***, however, these one dey carry S***
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Imagine the logic that no matter how he does in the ANC he should still be afforded the privilege to coach in an exponentially tougher tournament like the WC, is simply baffling?
Super Eagus 4 Life!
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

maceo4 wrote:
fabio wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Imagine the logic that no matter how he does in the ANC he should still be afforded the privilege to coach in an exponentially tougher tournament like the WC, is simply baffling?
But that isn't what anybody has said.

Sometimes you need to understand a person's argument before you respond.

If Rohr should be fired after a "poor performance" I think it will be obvious to everyone, that we are not in a good position to do well in Qatar. Meaning something must be done (firing Rohr) to avert a disaster at the WC.

It isn't simply a result of "not winning it all"

We can still play well and be primed for a good run in Qatar and yet not win the ANC. This is not a reason to fire a coach because a stupid precedent may have been set decades ago.

The best results by African teams at the WC have never come from Nations cup winners.

Meditate on that.

Are you mature enough to comprehend ?
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

vancity eagle wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
fabio wrote:
maceo4 wrote:

If Rohr should be fired after a "poor performance" I think it will be obvious to everyone, that we are not in a good position to do well in Qatar. Meaning something must be done (firing Rohr) to avert a disaster at the WC.

We can still play well and be primed for a good run in Qatar and yet not win the ANC. This is not a reason to fire a coach because a stupid precedent may have been set decades ago.

The best results by African teams at the WC have never come from Nations cup winners.

Meditate on that.

Are you mature enough to comprehend ? :bump: - you just can't help but be emotional can you...
If that is the FA's target when they hired him and he agreed to it, why can't they fire him when he doesn't achieve it? Like I said in my first post, I can see the case if he barely misses out on the mandated target that he can be retained. But coaches are given and ACCEPT given targets all the time, you don't agree with the target that is your own wahala, the important people NFF and Rohr have come to an agreement...why be so emotional about it? If he meets his target you will get your wish and he will coach at the WC, but I'm wondering why you are so emotional when the name Rohr is mentioned? Haba...
Super Eagus 4 Life!
ahidjo2
Egg
Egg

Post by ahidjo2 »

wanaj0 wrote:
ahidjo2 wrote:
highbury wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:
fabio wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:

It is the prerogative of the coach to select players that will help him achieve the teams OBJECTIVE. You may be a 'BETTER' and be a minus to the team. Many times coaches have selected players that others just could not understand the rationale.

That is why Coaches are judged by RESULTS.
I don't think anybody is doubting the commonsensical comment about coaches having the prerogative to choose the "best among equals". Keshi's reign was littered with dubious, questionable, and outright fraudulent selections. As I mentioned, I want to respect the dead otherwise I would have specifically reminded you of how certain misfits featured prominently for the Super Eagles during his reign. Your idea of meeting team's objective is neither here nor there. It was simply his selfish objective and that is why you don't see us questioning the present coach's selection
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

maceo4 wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
fabio wrote:
maceo4 wrote:

Meditate on that.

Are you mature enough to comprehend ? :bump: - you just can't help but be emotional can you...
If that is the FA's target when they hired him and he agreed to it, why can't they fire him when he doesn't achieve it? Like I said in my first post, I can see the case if he barely misses out on the mandated target that he can be retained. But coaches are given and ACCEPT given targets all the time, you don't agree with the target that is your own wahala, the important people NFF and Rohr have come to an agreement...why be so emotional about it? If he meets his target you will get your wish and he will coach at the WC, but I'm wondering why you are so emotional when the name Rohr is mentioned? Haba...
Because I actually care about SE and Qatar 2022 represents our best chance to make history.

But all of this will be undone over some stupid stipulation in a contract, all for the sake of what ?

So idiots can beat their chest, and agents can swoop in to get their cut when the new coach is brought in.

Why have you not addressed the countless examples I have given you of more established countries like Brazil and Germany NOT firing their coaches after much bigger "failures"

Why are you ignoring the fact that 2014's best African rep at the WC did not fire their coach to their prior 1st round exit at the ANC.

Please provide me of an example where a coach doing well was fired right before a major tournament, and it turned out well.