Iheanacho and Ndidi...

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

greg
Egg
Egg
Re: Iheanacho and Ndidi...

Post by greg »

bushboy wrote:So, a coach leaves on the current league top scorer with 22 goals while taking off another player yet to reach double digit goals in ANY of his seasons at Leicester, and we insult him? Lol! If any of us here was the coach of that team, we would do the exact same thing. It is complete madness to think Vardy should leave the pitch for Iheanacho. Complete madness!!
Real question is why should anyone have left the pitch before the game was well in the bag? Offense remains the best defence. You bring on a midfielder why? To soak pressure from a wounded hard fighting team on their home court? Na wa
Rawlings
Egg
Egg

Post by Rawlings »

bushboy wrote:So, a coach leaves on the current league top scorer with 22 goals while taking off another player yet to reach double digit goals in ANY of his seasons at Leicester, and we insult him? Lol! If any of us here was the coach of that team, we would do the exact same thing. It is complete madness to think Vardy should leave the pitch for Iheanacho. Complete madness!!
Most of the folks are emotionally irrational(it's probably the time of the month)
Nwabali -- Aina, Bassey, TroostEkong, Sanusi --- Chukwueze, Aribo, Ndidi, Iwobi --- Osimhem, Sadiq Umar
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

I watched the game the last 25 minutes of the first half, and heanacho was not having the type of game that would warrant anybody questioning why he was subbed. The fact that he is starting now shows how far he has come, but he wasn't spectacular the period I watched.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

King Futcha wrote:
what are you on about, they were playing freaking bournemouth who lost their best defender. any sane coach would leave them both on.
He forgot kele has 10 goals this season
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

Strange decision to sub Kelechi after the first half. He was active, assisted on the first goal and, had 2 shots on target. 2 or 3 of the goals they conceded were due to the defenders and goalie making poor passes or losing the ball. Can't blame the coach for that.

Rodgers is a very good coach. Vardy has 23 EPL goals this season. It will be hard to Kele or any striker in England to displace him. I'm glad Rodgers is beginning to start Kele and Vardy together, however, he often pulls Jele out too early.
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

1naija wrote:I watched the game the last 25 minutes of the first half, and heanacho was not having the type of game that would warrant anybody questioning why he was subbed. The fact that he is starting now shows how far he has come, but he wasn't spectacular the period I watched.
Maybe you should defer to those who watched the entire game. Nacho had 4 shots on goal and set up there only goal. How much better did you want him to be❓❗️

Cheers.
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

olu wrote:Strange decision to sub Kelechi after the first half. He was active, assisted on the first goal and, had 2 shots on target. 2 or 3 of the goals they conceded were due to the defenders and goalie making poor passes or losing the ball. Can't blame the coach for that.

Rodgers is a very good coach. Vardy has 23 EPL goals this season. It will be hard to Kele or any striker in England to displace him. I'm glad Rodgers is beginning to start Kele and Vardy together, however, he often pulls Jele out too early.
The point is why sub one of your better attackers in the half? Might have helped you put the game away. After Nacho was subbed, Leicester went downhill❗️

Cheers.
olumide
Egg
Egg

Post by olumide »

Kelechi was just OK first half, moving intelligently into dangerous positions to cause the opposition, but having a couple poor touches and few tame shots. If Rodgers wanted to remove him for another attacker, it would have been harsh, but made sense.Taking him out so you can bring another DM and sit deep with 7 defensive players against the worst team in the league is just bizarre. Bournemouth were dominated first half, why was he changing the system? He also had no dangerous player to bring on when they went behind and Vardy was back to chasing around aimlessly.
kawawa
Egg
Egg

Post by kawawa »

I thought Kele might have been subbed for a knock. Really miffed it was tactical. Shocking for him to say he was not playing well. If so who was? Sure he had two tame but on target shots but he was linking up well and causing all kinds of trouble and made the goal. At least give him 15 more minutes and sub him at the hour.
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

Brendan Rodgers is an unusual manager. He has the ingredients of greatness but impaired thinking will continue to do him in, it seems. He doesn’t seem to make sound decisions many times, even though he has knowledge and talent. It’s that final mile problem
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
oscar52
Egg
Egg

Post by oscar52 »

Taking a player not injured off at halftime is strange when you are 1 up.
charlie
Egg
Egg

Post by charlie »

King Futcha wrote: shocking

Rodgers is getting battered on Twitter and rightly so.
https://twitter.com/RobTannerLCFC/statu ... 6601993217

To make things worse, by his statement he is clearly throwing Kele under the bus for no reason, instead of just accepting that he screwed up tactically.

My respect for Rodgers has nose dived.
Kola nut lasts long for those that savor it
charlie
Egg
Egg

Post by charlie »

oscar52 wrote:Taking a player not injured off at halftime is strange when you are 1 up.
He didnt just take a player off, he completely changed his formation, going from a 2 man front that was creating havoc to leaving Vardy completely isolated upfront for the 2nd half and with zero service and opportunities.

The decision allowed the opposition to throw men forward which led to the penalty and opening the flood gates.
It was a pure bone head decision.
Kola nut lasts long for those that savor it
heavyd
Egg
Egg

Post by heavyd »

deanotito wrote:Brendan Rodgers is an unusual manager. He has the ingredients of greatness but impaired thinking will continue to do him in, it seems. He doesn’t seem to make sound decisions many times, even though he has knowledge and talent. It’s that final mile problem
He is a very talented coach but he suffers from trying to be too smart sometimes for his own good. Like how he played Sterling at wing-back while at Liverpool which pissed Raheem off and contributed to his leaving.

To say he is a clueless coach though is stretching it. He made a decision which backfired. Happens to everyone.
YNWA
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

charlie wrote:

To make things worse, by his statement he is clearly throwing Kele under the bus for no reason, instead of just accepting that he screwed up tactically.

His handling of Kele made me lose respect for him a looooong time ago, dude needs to leave that club if Rogers is still there...
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

Nobody asked him to take off Vardy. The complaint was that he took Iheanacho off. He was playing well. Anyway go and argue with the Leicester fans. They seem to agree with us.
kawawa
Egg
Egg

Post by kawawa »

aruako1 wrote:
Nobody asked him to take off Vardy. The complaint was that he took Iheanacho off. He was playing well. Anyway go and argue with the Leicester fans. They seem to agree with us.
Yep Bush Boy has missed the mark here. Nobody not Vardy, not Nacho not any of the starting 11 should have been subbed at 45 min. They were playing well and looked like they had another goal in them. At least 10 plus minute for the 11 in the second half?
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote:For 3 straight games now, the clown Rogers has been content with letting Nacho do the heavy lifting for Vardy to take the credit. If nacho had been on the pitch against arsenal, they would have had a decent chance of winning that game. Today, his yeye tactics (or lack of any) backfired big time❗️

Cheers.
Newcastle United are seriously interested in getting the services of Iheanacho in the summer. I hope the move materialises.
I am happy
Rawlings
Egg
Egg

Post by Rawlings »

Dammy wrote:
TonyTheTigerKiller wrote:For 3 straight games now, the clown Rogers has been content with letting Nacho do the heavy lifting for Vardy to take the credit. If nacho had been on the pitch against arsenal, they would have had a decent chance of winning that game. Today, his yeye tactics (or lack of any) backfired big time❗️

Cheers.
Newcastle United are seriously interested in getting the services of Iheanacho in the summer. I hope the move materialises.
why?? :???:
Complete Waste of money
Nwabali -- Aina, Bassey, TroostEkong, Sanusi --- Chukwueze, Aribo, Ndidi, Iwobi --- Osimhem, Sadiq Umar
greg
Egg
Egg

Post by greg »

charlie wrote:

One of the oyinbo fans actually said Rogers took Nacho off to justify his own signings. That sounded like a quote straight outta CE. For those who think we're heavily biased.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

greg wrote:
charlie wrote:

One of the oyinbo fans actually said Rogers took Nacho off to justify his own signings. That sounded like a quote straight outta CE. For those who think we're heavily biased.
Unfortunately he can’t refrain from making it quite obvious...imagine trying to somehow blame Kele the guy that created your only goal for the loss...
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Rawlings wrote:
TonyTheTigerKiller wrote:
Rawlings wrote:Both players are not up to scratch...
Why is Ayew always the shortest and most yewsless player on the field❓❗️

Cheers.
Mods, this man is bringing up non-Nigerian stuff on eagles net..
Btw, was Hushpappi your relative?
No but I heard he impregnated your sister :mrgreen: ❗️

Cheers.