It has come down to mathematics

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle
It has come down to mathematics

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Shebi una dey beat chest about qualifications..smh nah mathematics on match day 6 we dey wait for...81 mins and **** made only one sub....a coach who has no clue on how to read matches
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Tobi17
Egg
Egg
Re: It has come down to mathematics

Post by Tobi17 »

The CV I saw today will break our hearts in Lagos
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Tobi17 wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 6:58 pm The CV I saw today will break our hearts in Lagos
Na wa o, I hope not...
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

SE will qualify for Qatar regardless, however we no get coach
SuperEagles

Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

Tobi17 wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 6:58 pm The CV I saw today will break our hearts in Lagos
Were they different from the CV that we beat in their own stadium?
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Cristao II wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 7:03 pm
They actually beat themselves that day...lets pray for the same and more in the next game...
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

maceo4 wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 7:06 pm
They actually beat themselves that day...lets pray for the same and more in the next game...
You dey mind that clown...
marutimon
Egg
Egg

Post by marutimon »

Nigeria only need a draw at home. Pipe it down a bit with the histerics.
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

At least it's in our hands. We know what to do and we will do it.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
Vindave
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Vindave »

The SE will definitely beat the CV. And I know they themselves know what is at stake here.
e de sweet me o! ga gaa!
e de paini you o! ga gaa!!
e sweet me o ga gaa, ga gaa!!
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Vindave wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 7:25 pm The SE will definitely beat the CV. And I know they themselves know what is at stake here.
Just like we beat CAR in Lagos?🙄
SuperEagles

deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

Vindave wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 7:25 pm The SE will definitely beat the CV. And I know they themselves know what is at stake here.
This one na hope abi na confidence? Cause I ain't seen nada to give me such confidence
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
Undertaker
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Undertaker »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 7:30 pm
Just like we beat CAR in Lagos?🙄
Or Sierra Leone? :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
I SEE DEAD PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

I wonder o
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

Tobi17 wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 7:08 pm
So Cape Verde beat themselves and not the Eagles who were their opponents? Do y'all think? I guess they beat themselves to make the qualification sweeter for themselves! I avoid Eagles Nest because the level of thinking at times eh - I wonder! Let me leave this forum before this virus infects me.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Cristao II wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 10:39 pm
Tobi17 wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 7:08 pm
So Cape Verde beat themselves and not the Eagles who were their opponents? Do y'all think? I guess they beat themselves to make the qualification sweeter for themselves! I avoid Eagles Nest because the level of thinking at times eh - I wonder! Let me leave this forum before this virus infects me.

you get the distinct feeling some here are prepping to celebrate a stumble...

Not sure I understand this place anymore...
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
kawawa
Egg
Egg

Post by kawawa »

If we don’t get a point in a critical game, with our full squad we should not go anywhere. Yes, CAR happened but not a factor here. Team will deliver. Have some faith.
Mr Shows
Egg
Egg

Post by Mr Shows »

Rohr will likely start Ighalo and Osimhen and probably start Musa on the wing instead of Iwobi. CV will push us all the way but the boys should get the job done.

The real challenge is the final round playoff. Rohr has refused to add a playmaker to the team to provide the fuel for our strikers... We continue to make heavy work of creating chances. It is a glaring problem in Rohr's team
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Mr Shows wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 11:02 pm Rohr will likely start Ighalo and Osimhen and probably start Musa on the wing instead of Iwobi. CV will push us all the way but the boys should get the job done.

The real challenge is the final round playoff. Rohr has refused to add a playmaker to the team to provide the fuel for our strikers... We continue to make heavy work of creating chances. It is a glaring problem in Rohr's team

Peeps say this all the time, but the facts do not support that.

What we lack is finishing our chances...

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

txj wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 11:47 pm
Mr Shows wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 11:02 pm Rohr will likely start Ighalo and Osimhen and probably start Musa on the wing instead of Iwobi. CV will push us all the way but the boys should get the job done.

what utter nonsense.

How many chances did we create today ?

We aren't creating nearly enough chances, PERIOD.

We can control the ball, but our passing FORWARDS is atrocious, we pass the ball backwards and sideways, then lob the ball forward hoping for miracles.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

It's mathematics for Algeria,Tunisia , Ghana ,CIV,CAM, SA and Tunisia too. I'd rather be SE than any one of them. Imagine we had to beat CIV to qualify? Grass is rarely greener on the other side.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Mr Shows
Egg
Egg

Post by Mr Shows »

Against 'Liberia' both goals were from Penalties. The system Rohr is playing doesn't optimise the firepower we have.

We have no playmaker to spray the ball accurately to the flanks. Our transitional play in the final 3rd is pedestrian majority of the game, such that the opposition always has time to fall back and set themselves up (CAR did this perfectly and we came a cropper). Our traditional strength has always been getting the ball to pacy winger who can deliver the ball in the box to pacy strikers. These days our wingers tend to pass the ball back to the center back as opposed to delivering a telling pass into the box. Osimhen simply isn't getting enough balls through the channels.

It is criminal having a striker with the ariel prowess of Paul Onuachu and not have a single winger in the team (ala Finidi) who can deliver a cross on a six pence. It's been embarrassing watching Moses Simon not able to deliver crosses on target, how much more pick out his man in the box.

There is a reason why a Conte or Mourinho will never be a good fit for teams like Spurs or Manu. Rohr was tried to change the very DNA of our game, the fans are not feeling it and the players after 5 years are still learning to adapt.

That said, Rohr will qualify us for the WC
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Mr Shows wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 1:03 am

Against 'Liberia' both goals were from Penalties. The system Rohr is playing doesn't optimise the firepower we have.

We have no playmaker to spray the ball accurately to the flanks. Our transitional play in the final 3rd is pedestrian majority of the game, such that the opposition always has time to fall back and set themselves up (CAR did this perfectly and we came a cropper). Our traditional strength has always been getting the ball to pacy winger who can deliver the ball in the box to pacy strikers. These days our wingers tend to pass the ball back to the center back as opposed to delivering a telling pass into the box. Osimhen simply isn't getting enough balls through the channels.

It is criminal having a striker with the ariel prowess of Paul Onuachu and not have a single winger in the team (ala Finidi) who can deliver a cross on a six pence. It's been embarrassing watching Moses Simon not able to deliver crosses on target, how much more pick out his man in the box.

There is a reason why a Conte or Mourinho will never be a good fit for teams like Spurs or Manu. Rohr was tried to change the very DNA of our game, the fans are not feeling it and the players after 5 years are still learning to adapt.

That said, Rohr will qualify us for the WC

Apologies.

I did not realize penalties result from chances created.