Is CE THE ONLY ACTIVE FANS’ FORUM IN AFRICA?

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Is CE THE ONLY ACTIVE FANS’ FORUM IN AFRICA?

Post by Damunk »

Traditionally I always like to monitor the pulse of rival fans before any major tournament, be it AFCON or the World Cup.
I’ve checked for fans’ forums and can’t find any.
Egyptian, Algerian, Tunisian….even common Ghana here, e be like di forum don kpoof.

Any ideas what is going on with these forums? It didn’t used to be like that.

What are our rivals saying? It’s always good to see what they are saying about our team, to get some kind of balanced perspective.

Happy New Year, all. :thumb:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Is CE THE ONLY ACTIVE FANS’ FORUM IN AFRICA?

Post by aruako1 »

European football is gradually swallowing African football. Even with Nigerian football CE is one of the last holdouts. The only person I could find to discuss the AFCON preparations, lists etc is my Croatian ex-colleague who follows football worldwide. Other people just say, "forget about the SE" and switch to the Premier League
ikemba_nacho
Egg
Egg

Post by ikemba_nacho »

Happy New Year

In big tournaments I sometimes check on Big Soccer Forum, not as many posters as here with regards to African football. Reading the comments there, it seems rate Nigeria higher simply because Rhor is gone which for me seems counter intuitive. However people did not that Rhor held the team back in an attacking sense. We still seem to hold an Aura and I did not know out of the 18 Afcons we have been in, we have placed in 15 of them.
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

What about this?

It has been around as long as I have known CE.

http://forum.dzfoot.com/

Seems active. First time I have checked it out in years though, heck maybe 10 years or so.
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

I follow national football teams on their subreddit, I think the Egyptians have theirs... Camfoot seems to be the only active football forum I know aside from CE.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Tobi17 wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 11:50 am I follow national football teams on their subreddit, I think the Egyptians have theirs... Camfoot seems to be the only active football forum I know aside from CE.
:thumb:
Abeg, kindly post any links.
I need to monitor what everyone is saying.
I tried to find Egyptian forums but failed.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Why wouldn't it be? The 5 people that keep the place active aint git no gaddem job. Kongi and Bigpokey alone contribute to 90% of the activity here.

And you Uncle Damunkey, can we see your pay stub as proof of employment?

Damunk wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 9:22 am Traditionally I always like to monitor the pulse of rival fans before any major tournament, be it AFCON or the World Cup.
Egyptian, Algerian, Tunisian….even common Ghana here, e be like di forum don kpoof.

What are our rivals saying? It’s always good to see what they are saying about our team, to get some kind of balanced perspective.

The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

What you don’t know and what I’ve always hesitated to tell you is that I own the cab company you work for.
Check the fine print of your contract. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
1naija wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 3:21 pm Why wouldn't it be? The 5 people that keep the place active aint git no gaddem job. Kongi and Bigpokey alone contribute to 90% of the activity here.

Damunk wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 9:22 am Traditionally I always like to monitor the pulse of rival fans before any major tournament, be it AFCON or the World Cup.

galoise
Egg
Egg

Post by galoise »

Tobi17 wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 11:50 am I follow national football teams on their subreddit, I think the Egyptians have theirs... Camfoot seems to be the only active football forum I know aside from CE.
Camfoot is long dead… The French forum never really took off while the English one seemed to die out with the secession movement (my guess as I noticed less & less traffic around then & since seems completely void these days)… The « toli » on camfoot has become strictly a tribal political battle between Yaounde origin & Douala origin Cameroonians. Simply put : Camfoot no longer has a football discussion board.

I occasionally visit dzfoot; in the past DRC’s - unsure how active that is now (https://www.leopardsfoot.com/phpBB/)… There used to be a North African one that imo was the best & most active forum on all things African football (I got banned from it & can’t find the link anymore…
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Damunk,

Na troble you dey look for, so-ooo! Make you no let dem cach (catch) you, sha.

HAPPY NEW YEAR to everyone and to their loved ones. God's blessings to all
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

1naija wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 3:21 pm Why wouldn't it be? The 5 people that keep the place active aint git no gaddem job. Kongi and Bigpokey alone contribute to 90% of the activity here.

1Naija, no let dem kach (catch) you-oo! Hmm, my hand no dey :smile: :smile:
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

Like someone said, European football is slowly killing all facets of the local game. There really isn't much of a buzz in Lagos for this Afcons. Hopefully things improve when the tournament proper starts.
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

airwolex wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 6:29 pm Like someone said, European football is slowly killing all facets of the local game. There really isn't much of a buzz in Lagos for this Afcons. Hopefully things improve when the tournament proper starts.
Don’t say it too loudly. It is not a very good testimonial for Africans🤔❗️

Cheers.
niyi
Egg
Egg

Post by niyi »

It’s partially European football becoming more dominant but it’s mostly that popular social media websites like facebook, instagram and reddit have swallowed up forums ans discussion boards in general.
Ona t'Olorun ngba soro
lati se ise re
ona re enikan ko mo
awamaridi ni!
Shadams
Egg
Egg

Post by Shadams »

niyi wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 6:46 pm It’s partially European football becoming more dominant but it’s mostly that popular social media websites like facebook, instagram and reddit have swallowed up forums ans discussion boards in general.
Nicely put, Niyi. How forums like CE and even Nairaland have continued to thrive des[ite the more dynamic social web you list is something worth celebrating.
Comment is free, but facts are sacred-- C.P Scott
BAP
Egg
Egg

Post by BAP »

Most of the forums have moved to Facebook .

I think on FB alone I am on at least 10 Super Eagles forums/Groups (I honestly stopped counting) which are very active .. . Other countries have similar forums
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

BAP wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 4:31 pm Most of the forums have moved to Facebook .

I think on FB alone I am on at least 10 Super Eagles forums/Groups (I honestly stopped counting) which are very active .. . Other countries have similar forums
:clap: :clap:
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Ugbowo
Egg
Egg

Post by Ugbowo »

WhatsApp as well. Plenty groups Dey there