Name your likely starting 11

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Enyi
Egg
Egg
Re: Name your likely starting 11

Post by Enyi »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 10:01 pm
Lolly wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 9:10 pm
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 8:28 pm
Lolly wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 8:19 pm See how most of you are dropping Iwobi. Kai!
Is it reasonable to you to expect to get to the finals of a major tournament with Iwobi as your AM, the main creative force for the team? We might as well depend on GOD to create chances for the team if we start Iwobi.
He is the best we have right now. We are still waiting to discover that new JJ from under the bridges of Lagos or the streets of Aba.
I hope Eguavoen is smart enough not to start Iwobi, 3 coaches have been fired in the last 2yrs because of Iwobi. The coach who bought him from Arsenal, the coach who replaced the coach who bought him from Arsenal and his national team coach. Rafa, his current coach at Everton is also likely to get fired soon unless he starts winning. :laugh:
Has nothing to do with Iwobi….

Btw….the likes of JJ are extinct n world football now….no one needs a showboating number 10 hence why Ejuke would be a bad idea, same as Amoo…

Ejaria or Aribo should have that spot
The stupid neither forgive nor forget- the smart forgive- but never forget" -Thomas Szasz.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and consciencious stupidity."
-Martin Luther King- Jr.

“Our Audacity to rise from our losses is what makes Nigerian the number one footballing nation in Africa - Stephen Keshi RIP

Those who don't take decisions never make mistakes."..........
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

Whatever the starting 11 turns out to be, I hope Osimhen is kept out of it for the group stage, for his own sake. He’ll probably be fully recovered towards the end of January❗️

Cheers.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Lolly wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 8:19 pm See how most of you are dropping Iwobi. Kai!
Is it reasonable to you to expect to get to the finals of a major tournament with Iwobi as your AM, the main creative force for the team? We might as well depend on GOD to create chances for the team if we start Iwobi.
He is the best we have right now. We are still waiting to discover that new JJ from under the bridges of Lagos or the streets of Aba.
I hope Eguavoen is smart enough not to start Iwobi, 3 coaches have been fired in the last 2yrs because of Iwobi. The coach who bought him from Arsenal, the coach who replaced the coach who bought him from Arsenal and his national team coach. Rafa, his current coach at Everton is also likely to get fired soon unless he starts winning. :laugh:
So the Iwobi that according to you doesn’t get played by these coaches is the reason they are being fired…so maybe they should play him if they want to keep their job abi…
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

maceo4 wrote: Sat Dec 25, 2021 9:05 pm
So the Iwobi that according to you doesn’t get played by these coaches is the reason they are being fired…so maybe they should play him if they want to keep their job abi…
You have to forgive the fake emir😃 This is the kind of syllogism that’s so common on this forum;

All dogs are mammals. A man is a mammal therefore all dogs are men😂😂😂❗️

Cheers.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Egu ia 442/433 guy but he likes 451 when defending. He wants to impose his playing style on the opponents not negotiate with them. After seeing the final squad I think he rolls out like this. Egu will take some risks.

**************Okoye**********

Aina*********Awazien*******Troost*****Zaidu

************Ndidi********Nwakali*******

**************Aribo***************

Dennis*********Oshimen*********Ejuke
OCCUPY NFF!!
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Sat Dec 25, 2021 11:32 pm Egu ia 442/433 guy but he likes 451 when defending. He wants to impose his playing style on the opponents not negotiate with them. After seeing the final squad I think he rolls out like this. Egu will take some risks.

How much you wanna bet ya favorite Iwobi starts?
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

maceo4 wrote: Sat Dec 25, 2021 11:37 pm
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Sat Dec 25, 2021 11:32 pm Egu ia 442/433 guy but he likes 451 when defending. He wants to impose his playing style on the opponents not negotiate with them. After seeing the final squad I think he rolls out like this. Egu will take some risks.

How much you wanna bet ya favorite Iwobi starts?

Na disaster be dat o! Abeg start praying and fasting that doesn't happen. :scared:
OCCUPY NFF!!
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

A little rethink to play Egypt first game, '

-----------------------------------Okoye- -----------------------------------------

-----------------Awaziem----------Balogun------------------Omeruo-----------
'-------Aina----------------Onyeka----------------Ndidi------------------Sanusi------
------------------------------------------Ejuke------------------------------------
------------------------Chukwuze-----------------------Osimhen-------------------

Contain Salah, rhe full backs got to provide service to Osimhen. Omeruo and Awaziem are excellent man markers that will give Salah problems. Ejuke given free role. Basically all 3 people upfront will free roles, can switch positions. Osimhen will lead the line. Chuks and Ejuke will run at defenders. Sanusi and Aina will provide overlap and crosses.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Then after Egypt we can revert to a 3-4-3 0r 4-3-3 formation.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
Enyi
Egg
Egg

Post by Enyi »

After the list that was announced…am afraid of what our CB pairing will be…
The stupid neither forgive nor forget- the smart forgive- but never forget" -Thomas Szasz.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and consciencious stupidity."
-Martin Luther King- Jr.

“Our Audacity to rise from our losses is what makes Nigerian the number one footballing nation in Africa - Stephen Keshi RIP

Those who don't take decisions never make mistakes."..........
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

ohenhen1 wrote: Sun Dec 26, 2021 12:35 am A little rethink to play Egypt first game, '

-----------------------------------Okoye- -----------------------------------------

'-------Aina----------------Onyeka----------------Ndidi------------------Sanusi------
------------------------------------------Ejuke------------------------------------
------------------------Chukwuze-----------------------Osimhen-------------------

Contain Salah, rhe full backs got to provide service to Osimhen. Omeruo and Awaziem are excellent man markers that will give Salah problems. Ejuke given free role. Basically all 3 people upfront will free roles, can switch positions. Osimhen will lead the line. Chuks and Ejuke will run at defenders. Sanusi and Aina will provide overlap and crosses.

It's that easy. Pls send this to Egu through Nipost before Afcon starts abeg.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Ugbowo
Egg
Egg

Post by Ugbowo »

I've been thinking about this since the list came out. The first game against Egypt will be very tricky and I will be trying to get at least a point from it. I will want solidity for my team and will want to nullify Mo Salah and El Ghazy et al.

I will go 3-5-2. I'm really pissed we didnt take Bassey but we'll manage.

Okoye
Aina
Awaziem
Ekong
Balogun
Sanusi
Ndidi
Onyeka
Aribo
Dennis
Osimhen

I will line Awaziem at LCB so he can be who Salah sees when he cuts inside. I will have Ndidi cheat on the left side of the double pivot with Onyeka coming central. My aim is to build a wall around Mo Salah if he receives the ball to his feet and have pace to combat him if they try to get him in behind. I will make sure Aribo is working his socks off staying close to ElNeny and Sobis or whoever else is in midfield. El Ghazy and the Galatassary striker will have more than enough ppl around them but if we discourage the service to Salah we are half way there.

Unfortunately this line up will not give us much possession. Osimhen and Dennis will have to play close to each other and feed off scraps we give them. I will go long to Victor and let Dennis linger around for second ball. I will ask the wing backs to watch for strong side/weak side detection before determining who goes up and who stays. I dont want to give Salah space to run into. We will play very direct and look to control as we dont have controllers and any turnovers can lead to quick transitions.

Iwobi and Chukwueze will be waiting on the wings as impact subs once Aribo inevitably tires out and Dennis will need a breather too.

If we are 1-0 down with 15 mins left, throw this line up in the trash and go for the equalizer.

But i think this should give us a slim win or at worst, a tie.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

ohenhen1 wrote: Sun Dec 26, 2021 12:35 am A little rethink to play Egypt first game, '

Not a bad strategy but against Egypt I will not start Ejuke in that AM position. Too much can go wrong with his unnecessary dribbling and Egypt with Salah is not the team we want to be caught out on a counter.

I will go for either Iwobi or Aribo. They know when to release the ball.

I will also replace Chukwueze with Dennis.

Then back to a 433 for the last 2 matches. Osimehn flanked by Chuks and Dennis and a midfield of Iwobi, Aribo, Ndidi.

Ejuke can be a super sub.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

K leg don enta team but I think we roll like this.

Okoye

Aina. ....Awaziem.....Troost....,Zaidu

Simon.....Wilf...Aribo....ckuks

Awoniyi. Nacho
OCCUPY NFF!!
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 10:42 pm K leg don enta team but I think we roll like this.

Okoye

Aina. ....Awaziem.....Troost....,Zaidu

Simon.....Wilf...Aribo....ckuks

Awoniyi. Nacho
Solid line up
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Honestly even with all the withdrawls there are still so many options for the coach.

Personally I will go with 352 against Egypt then 433 for the other 2 matches.

Who will play AM ? In both 352 and 433 we deploy an attacking midfielder with 2 central midfielders behind.

For the AM we can use Iwobi, Aribo, or Ejuke.

Aribo can be deployed as one of the 2 CMs behind the AM to give our midfield even more attacking dynamism.

I'm inclined to go with

AM Iwobi
CM Aribo
DM Ndidi

If we need more steel bring in Onyeka for Aribo. Or commot Iwobi and move Aribo to AM

Ejuke can be a joker at AM.

In a 352 we can deploy both Aina and Ebuehi at right and left back. I think Simon can play either side as well.

The big looser at fullback is Collins. Hopefully Egu will not be as stubbornly unimaginative as Rohr because all of Aina, Ebuehi, Zaidu, and even Simon can play left back better than him. Frankly Collins shouldn't even be in a 28 man squad with the number of superior players we have in that position. We are spoilt for choice in the wing back position. Up to Egu to figure out.

In a 352 we can go with Nacho plus either Awoniyi or Sadiq. Great options

In a 433 our wingers should be Chuks and Ejuke. Iwobi can also play here and Simon though not my favorite is a credible bench player. Onyekuru on his day is also not bad.

My main 2 CBS would be Troost and Awaziem, but if Troost starts to falter we can bring in Ajayi, Ndah, Omeruo.

Egu really has so many options when it comes to formations and starting players. It's even hard to decide.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Peseiro better play close attention and get rid of the junks.

Post afcon he has the following to integrate

Victor Osimehn
Emmanuel Dennis ?
Ademola Lookman
Ovie Ejaria
Alhassan Yusuf
Obinna Nwobodo
Kevin Akpoguma
Akin Amoo

We just need a few solid, preferably younger defenders.
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

vancity eagle wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 11:54 pm Peseiro better play close attention and get rid of the junks.

Post afcon he has the following to integrate

Victor Osimehn
Emmanuel Dennis ?
Ademola Lookman
Ovie Ejaria
Alhassan Yusuf
Obinna Nwobodo
Kevin Akpoguma
Akin Amoo

We just need a few solid, preferably younger defenders.
Rapheal Onyedika deserves a shot, the boy got game.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

vancity eagle wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 11:49 pm Honestly even with all the withdrawls there are still so many options for the coach.

Personally I will go with 352 against Egypt then 433 for the other 2 matches.

Who will play AM ? In both 352 and 433 we deploy an attacking midfielder with 2 central midfielders behind.

For the AM we can use Iwobi, Aribo, or Ejuke.

Aribo can be deployed as one of the 2 CMs behind the AM to give our midfield even more attacking dynamism.

I'm inclined to go with

AM Iwobi
CM Aribo
DM Ndidi

If we need more steel bring in Onyeka for Aribo. Or commot Iwobi and move Aribo to AM

Ejuke can be a joker at AM.

In a 352 we can deploy both Aina and Ebuehi at right and left back. I think Simon can play either side as well.

The big looser at fullback is Collins. Hopefully Egu will not be as stubbornly unimaginative as Rohr because all of Aina, Ebuehi, Zaidu, and even Simon can play left back better than him. Frankly Collins shouldn't even be in a 28 man squad with the number of superior players we have in that position. We are spoilt for choice in the wing back position. Up to Egu to figure out.

In a 352 we can go with Nacho plus either Awoniyi or Sadiq. Great options

In a 433 our wingers should be Chuks and Ejuke. Iwobi can also play here and Simon though not my favorite is a credible bench player. Onyekuru on his day is also not bad.

My main 2 CBS would be Troost and Awaziem, but if Troost starts to falter we can bring in Ajayi, Ndah, Omeruo.

Egu really has so many options when it comes to formations and starting players. It's even hard to decide.
Eguavoen doesn't play 352 He might try 433 but he's a 442/451 coach.
OCCUPY NFF!!
ikemba_nacho
Egg
Egg

Post by ikemba_nacho »

I was wondering would a 433 work well for us?

Back four, Aina, Awaziem Ekong and Sanusi.

Midfield three, Ndidi, Onyeka and Aribo

Front three Simon Ighalo Chukwueze against Egypt. With one fullback bombing forward and Aribo in an advanced position, we could have 5 in an attack at any point in time.

Thoughts??
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

ikemba_nacho wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 11:43 pm I was wondering would a 433 work well for us?

Front three Simon Ighalo Chukwueze against Egypt. With one fullback bombing forward and Aribo in an advanced position, we could have 5 in an attack at any point in time.

Thoughts??
Good line up. I'm a little suspect of Onyeka-Ndidi MF due to lack of creativity, I'd prefer Nwakali in that spot but others might say he's not ready yet.
OCCUPY NFF!!
ikemba_nacho
Egg
Egg

Post by ikemba_nacho »

My problem with Nwakali is his work rate. I feel if you put him in the midfield with Ndidi and Aribo his work rate will let us down and this maybe ignored if he created bucket loads of chances which I am not sure he will do either. I could be wrong, Onyeka on the other will work alongside Ndidi and in Brentford games sometimes finds himself in scoring positions with surging runs from deep.

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 12:01 am
ikemba_nacho wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 11:43 pm I was wondering would a 433 work well for us?

Thoughts??
Good line up. I'm a little suspect of Onyeka-Ndidi MF due to lack of creativity, I'd prefer Nwakali in that spot but others might say he's not ready yet.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

ikemba_nacho wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 12:18 am My problem with Nwakali is his work rate. I feel if you put him in the midfield with Ndidi and Aribo his work rate will let us down and this maybe ignored if he created bucket loads of chances which I am not sure he will do either. I could be wrong, Onyeka on the other will work alongside Ndidi and in Brentford games sometimes finds himself in scoring positions with surging runs from deep.

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 12:01 am

Thoughts??
Onyeaka and Ndidi are both sweat merchants, I dont know if we can afford to start 2 MF who contribute so little to the attack.
OCCUPY NFF!!