Nigeria don’t have players in Chelsea, Man Utd – Rohr takes dig

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

OJI
Egg
Egg
Nigeria don’t have players in Chelsea, Man Utd – Rohr takes dig

Post by OJI »

https://dailypost.ng/2022/01/11/afcon-n ... er-eagles/

Rohr, who was recently sacked by the Nigerian Football Federation, said that the Super Eagles have no players in Manchester United, Chelsea and Liverpool.

"The German tactician believes the Super Eagles cannot pretend to be better than Algeria or Egypt.

“When you don’t have the players in fantastic clubs, playing the semi-finals or quarter-finals of the Champions League all the time, you cannot pretend to be better than Algeria or Egypt."

See our favorite coach.
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Nigeria don’t have players in Chelsea, Man Utd – Rohr takes dig

Post by Tbite »

He was like this the entire time. He hasn't changed.

It was a psychological act.

He always downplayed the team because if he succeeded then it was because of him and if they failed it was because the team was poor. That is how he was able to become the longest reigning manager in SE history (continuous reign).

A very smart tactic, but criminal. I saw through it very early on, but he fooled many. I overlooked it because the team was getting results, but he is not as smart as he thinks.
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

I hope Rohr watched that game. While I supported him for most of his tenure, his problem was and is his rigid conservatism. I hope he saw what a coach willing to play aggressively and organized can do. I hope Rohr learnt something
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
Enyi
Egg
Egg

Post by Enyi »

deanotito wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 7:05 pm I hope Rohr watched that game. While I supported him for most of his tenure, his problem was and is his rigid conservatism. I hope he saw what a coach willing to play aggressively and organized can do. I hope Rohr learnt something
He did.....don't step foot in Nigeria again
The stupid neither forgive nor forget- the smart forgive- but never forget" -Thomas Szasz.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and consciencious stupidity."
-Martin Luther King- Jr.

“Our Audacity to rise from our losses is what makes Nigerian the number one footballing nation in Africa - Stephen Keshi RIP

Those who don't take decisions never make mistakes."..........
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

Enyi wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 7:10 pm
deanotito wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 7:05 pm I hope Rohr watched that game. While I supported him for most of his tenure, his problem was and is his rigid conservatism. I hope he saw what a coach willing to play aggressively and organized can do. I hope Rohr learnt something
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Like I said, I didn't mind the guy. But this game brought back the excitement I used to have around Nigerian soccer. It came back again. Rohr just got results. Entertainment...zero
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
Goldleaf
Egg
Egg

Post by Goldleaf »

If Rohr watched the game today, he will finally understand that he wasted all those years never understanding us at all. We don't need players in Chelsea or Man City to beat Egypt.
You can control your choice, but not necessarily the consequences
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

OJI wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 6:07 pm https://dailypost.ng/2022/01/11/afcon-n ... er-eagles/

Rohr, who was recently sacked by the Nigerian Football Federation, said that the Super Eagles have no players in Manchester United, Chelsea and Liverpool.

"The German tactician believes the Super Eagles cannot pretend to be better than Algeria or Egypt.

“When you don’t have the players in fantastic clubs, playing the semi-finals or quarter-finals of the Champions League all the time, you cannot pretend to be better than Algeria or Egypt."

See our favorite coach.
Coward talk. Where's DaMunkey? :D
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

I'm glad this fraud was sacked, fooking defeatist smh
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

The YeyeMan wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 7:18 pm
OJI wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 6:07 pm https://dailypost.ng/2022/01/11/afcon-n ... er-eagles/

See our favorite coach.
Coward talk. Where's DaMunkey? :D
Fake news :biggrin: :biggrin:
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
sabb
Egg
Egg

Post by sabb »

Enyi wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 7:10 pm
:rotf: :rotf:
To d Super Eagles - there's no limit to wot can be accomplished when nobody cares who gets the credit (ucb)
speech is ma hammer bang d world into shape - mos def
A win is a win, whether u win by an inch or by a mile - Dominic Toretto
life without knowledge is death in disguise - talib kweli
sabb
Egg
Egg

Post by sabb »

Goldleaf wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 7:16 pm If Rohr watched the game today, he will finally understand that he wasted all those years never understanding us at all. We don't need players in Chelsea or Man City to beat Egypt.
i hope that is lesson learnt for him and where next he ends up, he understands the football they play there and lay off the scared tactics
To d Super Eagles - there's no limit to wot can be accomplished when nobody cares who gets the credit (ucb)
speech is ma hammer bang d world into shape - mos def
A win is a win, whether u win by an inch or by a mile - Dominic Toretto
life without knowledge is death in disguise - talib kweli
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Rohr held the team back with his lack of faith in the squad. You don't need players in the strongest teams in club football to excel at international level. FRAUD!!!
I am happy
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

Dammy wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 7:40 pm Rohr held the team back with his lack of faith in the squad. You don't need players in the strongest teams in club football to excel at international level. FRAUD!!!
I blame Pinnick.
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
blueangel
Egg
Egg

Post by blueangel »

Goldleaf wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 7:16 pm If Rohr watched the game today, he will finally understand that he wasted all those years never understanding us at all. We don't need players in Chelsea or Man City to beat Egypt.

Not ONLY Egypt but Any Team in The WORLD
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

What was so effing weird was in some friendlies he set up and allow the young boys to express themselves, then when we have competitive games its always playing so scared and tentative and trying not to make any mistakes.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
doctorollie
Egg
Egg

Post by doctorollie »

But for my Christian values, I would have said ‘fook’ you, Mr. Rohr!
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Fooking hediot, did he watch how these boys caged and outplayed Salah, haba they came out scared of our team b/c of all the attacking talent we put out there and they couldn't counter it at all.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

ROHR WAS SUCH AS LOSER. Who says this stuff openly??? :???:

See our favorite coach.

The German tactician believes the Super Eagles cannot pretend to be better than Algeria or Egypt.

Rohr told football magazine World Soccer: “Nigeria don’t have these big stars like Jay-Jay Okocha, Nwankwo Kanu or Victor Ikpeba. [Wilfried] Ndidi isn’t yet a star; [Kelechi] Iheanacho not yet either.

“They don’t have any players in Liverpool, Manchester, Munich or Chelsea, which is the case for Senegal, Egypt, and Ivory Coast.

The biggest clubs are perhaps Leicester, or possibly Napoli with Victor Osimhen.

“When you don’t have the players in fantastic clubs, playing the semi-finals or quarter-finals of the Champions League all the time, you cannot pretend to be better than Algeria or Egypt.

“That is the question of football without stars. It is more collective football.”
Nigeria are in Group D alongside Egypt, Guinea-Bissau and Sudan.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Dammy wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 7:40 pm Rohr held the team back with his lack of faith in the squad. You don't need players in the strongest teams in club football to excel at international level. FRAUD!!!
you people were abusing us when we were complaining after the friendly vs England in 2018.. una see how we moved the ball around today in midfield... did you see Aribo ? Once in while learn to take risk.. the SE is not a small footballing team .. we have our own style and that is what we all wanted and saw today
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
hestonap
Egg
Egg

Post by hestonap »

green4life wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 8:46 pm ROHR WAS SUCH AS LOSER. Who says this stuff openly??? :???:

See our favorite coach.

The German tactician believes the Super Eagles cannot pretend to be better than Algeria or Egypt.

Rohr told football magazine World Soccer: “Nigeria don’t have these big stars like Jay-Jay Okocha, Nwankwo Kanu or Victor Ikpeba. [Wilfried] Ndidi isn’t yet a star; [Kelechi] Iheanacho not yet either.

“They don’t have any players in Liverpool, Manchester, Munich or Chelsea, which is the case for Senegal, Egypt, and Ivory Coast.

The biggest clubs are perhaps Leicester, or possibly Napoli with Victor Osimhen.

“When you don’t have the players in fantastic clubs, playing the semi-finals or quarter-finals of the Champions League all the time, you cannot pretend to be better than Algeria or Egypt.

“That is the question of football without stars. It is more collective football.”
Nigeria are in Group D alongside Egypt, Guinea-Bissau and Sudan.
G4L - he didnt have to say it...it was obvious in the way his team played.

I said it previously, the day I truly despised the man was when the Eagles were openly celebrating a bronze medal.

The man mad a team that included previous ANC winners and a bunch of decent folks to buy into his underdog/average mentality.

I will say it again for the umpteenth time, teams that want to challenge or aim for the top do not hire a Rohr type coach. He is like Sam Alladyce, suited for relegation fighting teams or minnows. He does not have a big game mentality.

We may be rubbish, but confidence is one thing most Nigerians do not lack. We like to see passion and swagger and fight even if we lose.

Rohr made Nigerians believe they were minnows. Good riddance to bad rubbish.
God bless and keep Nigeria and make his face shine on her undeserving as she may be.
Benedict Iroha
Egg
Egg

Post by Benedict Iroha »

Westerhoff didn't have players at Chelsea either but he was able to recruit talents from the streets. We need a local coach who understands Naija football.

Bitter man.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Benedict Iroha wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 9:11 pm Westerhoff didn't have players at Chelsea either but he was able to recruit talents from the streets. We need a local coach who understands Naija football.

Bitter man.
we have plenty and most are from the 1994 set.... today watching the SE , i thought i was watching the 1994 team.. but trust picnic who got dazzled by power point presentation I can google a lot of info about naija players and pass a coaching interview... we do not need jose Preseria.. Egu has enough time almost a month before the playoffs.... we are good with the current setup
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

The sad thing is that is what he says from individual conversations in camp to press conferences.

I genuinely thought it was gamesmanship before the 2018 World Cup.

Until that Croatia game.

I knew there was no hope after that. The dude was a limiting factor, and not an enhancer.

He should have been fired after that, and not even the 1 good half vs Iceland could change my mind.

(And it had nothing to do with the stress of sleeping on cold benches at airports, trying to make my way to and from Russia for the World Cup)