SUPER EAGLES NOT AS BAD AS CAMEROON

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet
SUPER EAGLES NOT AS BAD AS CAMEROON

Post by jette1 »

That line up fielded against Tunisia was real bad but not as bad as the Cameroon st eleven beaten by Egypt. I think everyone can now see that Cameroon has been coasting after their first game which they barely won thanks to 2 penalties because they never really played any real team until they met Egypt
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: SUPER EAGLES NOT AS BAD AS CAMEROON

Post by Eaglezbeak »

Cameroon don’t seem have any tactical plan when they play and I agree they shouldn’t have got that far, playing at home and brushing aside semi average teams with a rag tag team can only get you so far.Nigeria do need to improve as they should be doing better in these competitions.
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

I wanted to beat them in Yaounde as payback for Surulere.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

jette1 wrote: Sat Feb 05, 2022 9:30 pm That line up fielded against Tunisia was real bad but not as bad as the Cameroon st eleven beaten by Egypt. I think everyone can now see that Cameroon has been coasting after their first game which they barely won thanks to 2 penalties because they never really played any real team until they met Egypt
Why all these threads? :???: :???: Not as bad? However, Cameroon has a bronze and SE has nothing. Bros, it is the result that counts ooo.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Otitokoro
Egg
Egg

Post by Otitokoro »

Why do we Nigerians like to look for rinky-dink excuses and false equivalencies?
Cameroon made it to the semis, while Nigeria got booted out in the round of 16.
Is there any question about who the poorer team was?
I beg, leave matter.
jette1 wrote: Sat Feb 05, 2022 9:30 pm That line up fielded against Tunisia was real bad but not as bad as the Cameroon st eleven beaten by Egypt. I think everyone can now see that Cameroon has been coasting after their first game which they barely won thanks to 2 penalties because they never really played any real team until they met Egypt
Otitokoro
Egg
Egg

Post by Otitokoro »

Well, you can thank Minister Dare, Pinnick and the strategically inept Eguavoen for not being able to do that.
kalani JR wrote: Sat Feb 05, 2022 10:57 pm I wanted to beat them in Yaounde as payback for Surulere.
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

Otitokoro wrote: Sat Feb 05, 2022 11:19 pm Well, you can thank Minister Dare, Pinnick and the strategically inept Eguavoen for not being able to do that.
kalani JR wrote: Sat Feb 05, 2022 10:57 pm I wanted to beat them in Yaounde as payback for Surulere.
Yeah this performance was unforgivable to me because of this. I've waited too long for payback.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

We got booted out in the round of 16 because we had Awoyini as our main striker while Cameroon had Aboubakar! You were here justifying Awoniyi's poor performance with nonsensical statistical comparison of him with Osimhem. Awoniyi should get a tape of Aboubakar and study it so he will know how a striker is supposed to perform. We were not a bad team, we just had a piss poor striker with one accidental goal in over nearly 300 minutes of tournament football.
Otitokoro wrote: Sat Feb 05, 2022 11:16 pm Why do we Nigerians like to look for rinky-dink excuses and false equivalencies?
I beg, leave matter.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
visieC
Egg
Egg

Post by visieC »

Football is not mathematics!!!!!1

Tunisia beat Nigeria fair and square.
Burkina Faso mastered them.

Please accept Nigeria failed in this competition and adjust to beat Ghana.
If it make you feel better.

Nigeria is the best team in the world.
Otitokoro
Egg
Egg

Post by Otitokoro »

Oh, please, be quiet with your nonsensical stuff.
How many years/games has Aboubakar played for Cameroon and how many games has Awoniyi played for Nigeria?

Besides, since you're obviously looking for someone to blame for your failures - you can blame your coach for playing him, since you say he isn't good enough. Give me a break.
1naija wrote: Sat Feb 05, 2022 11:33 pm We got booted out in the round of 16 because we had Awoyini as our main striker while Cameroon had Aboubakar! You were here justifying Awoniyi's poor performance with nonsensical statistical comparison of him with Osimhem. Awoniyi should get a tape of Aboubakar and study it so he will know how a striker is supposed to perform. We were not a bad team, we just had a piss poor striker with one accidental goal in over nearly 300 minutes of tournament football.
Otitokoro wrote: Sat Feb 05, 2022 11:16 pm Why do we Nigerians like to look for rinky-dink excuses and false equivalencies?
I beg, leave matter.
mastermind
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mastermind »

Bronze medalist better than SE.
http://www.melangeGO.com/
A family oriented online fashion store. Offering high quality products at low cost.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Yeah, its okay to blame Eguavoen, the NFF, and everyone else, except the person that wasted more than 65 minutes without a single shot on goal? Ok o. See your life? Always coming here with agenda..
Otitokoro wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 2:22 am Oh, please, be quiet with your nonsensical stuff.
How many years/games has Aboubakar played for Cameroon and how many games has Awoniyi played for Nigeria?

Besides, since you're obviously looking for someone to blame for your failures - you can blame your coach for playing him, since you say he isn't good enough. Give me a break.
1naija wrote: Sat Feb 05, 2022 11:33 pm We got booted out in the round of 16 because we had Awoyini as our main striker while Cameroon had Aboubakar! You were here justifying Awoniyi's poor performance with nonsensical statistical comparison of him with Osimhem. Awoniyi should get a tape of Aboubakar and study it so he will know how a striker is supposed to perform. We were not a bad team, we just had a piss poor striker with one accidental goal in over nearly 300 minutes of tournament football.
I beg, leave matter.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Orion
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Orion »

visieC wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 12:31 am

I'm the most critical of our team at this AFCON because we fired our coach too close to the competition, but playing for 30 minutes with 10 men is not "fair and square". We were clearly at a disadvantage considering we needed to chase the game. If you go down to 10 men when you don't need to chase the game, that's a different matter as Burkina Faso proved in their own game.

After all, we did beat Egypt in our group game. Same Egypt that punked Cameroon on your own ground.

All said and done, I think our FIFA rankings are about right. Nigeria is slightly better than Cameroon, all things being equal. You simply had an easier path to the semis.
"I Think, Therefore I am" - Rene Descartes
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

You are damn right football isn’t mathematics hence debunking your own very paradoxical assertions

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
visieC
Egg
Egg

Post by visieC »

jette1 wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 1:24 am

You are damn right football isn’t mathematics hence debunking your own very paradoxical assertions
Jette:

Football is measured in results! so the fact that Nigeria beat Egypt and neither of the teams that performed better than Nigeria..Cameroon, CIV and Senegal only lost on penalties.
You cannot argue that Nigeria is better than these teams.

Nigeria failed woefully this AFCON. PERIOD.
Once more, keep math out of it.
RESULTS is the only thing that counts.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: SUPER EAGLES NOT AS BAD AS CAMEROO

Post by Damunk »

1naija wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 4:56 am Yeah, its okay to blame Eguavoen, the NFF, and everyone else, except the person that wasted more than 65 minutes without a single shot on goal? Ok o. See your life? Always coming here with agenda..
Come…
I’m actually beginning to believe that you are very serious on this and not just joking or playing the DA.
65 minutes?
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
visieC
Egg
Egg
Re: SUPER EAGLES NOT AS BAD AS CAMEROO

Post by visieC »

Damunk wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 6:53 am
1naija wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 4:56 am Yeah, its okay to blame Eguavoen, the NFF, and everyone else, except the person that wasted more than 65 minutes without a single shot on goal? Ok o. See your life? Always coming here with agenda..
Come…
I’m actually beginning to believe that you are very serious on this and not just joking or playing the DA.
65 minutes?
Nigeria will go toQatar...it won't be easy tho
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

Ejuke should have been in instead of Olayinka, obuehi with a more offensive disposition should have been in for zaidu, bringing Musa was a nail in EGUs coaching coffin