Nigerian coaching crew announced (OFFICAL)

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Nigerian coaching crew announced (OFFICAL)

Post by maceo4 »

fabio wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 9:28 pm
okuns wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 9:26 pm It was confusing to me too. I was under the impression that the Technical Director/Adviser develops and coordinates all the National teams (U17s, U21 etc.) program from a strategic standpoint.
Chief, what exactly is confusing?

Rohr was Technical adviser.

Eguavoen is interim Technical adviser.
Lol so Egu is technically directing himself on how to advise the players that are being drilled by the head coach and assistant, while Yobo is in charge of the water cooler? Me sef I don confuse join :tic:
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

fabio wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 9:35 pm
maceo4 wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 9:31 pm
okuns wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 9:26 pm It was confusing to me too. I was under the impression that the Technical Director/Adviser develops and coordinates all the National teams (U17s, U21 etc.) program from a strategic standpoint.
Yes Egu the Technical Director does do that, but since Picnic fired SEs Technical Adviser ****, our TD Egu also had to take the role of SE Technical Adviser on an interim basis as NFF finds a permanent TA. He’s being asked to continue that interim role in the WCQs and a new Head coach has been drafted in to help him.
Can you write this in pigin for Tobi.....
I have every reason to question why there are too many cooks spoiling my broth, no be only me dey ask the question, countless Nigerian fans are doing the same all over the social media space!
Rawlings
Egg
Egg
Re: AMUNIKE OFFICIALLY NAMED SE CHIEF COACH ???

Post by Rawlings »

what is wrong with you people?
Keep it simple.
  • 1) who is Naija's Gareth Southgate?
    2) Who is Naija's Roberto Mancini?
    3) Who is Naija's Aliou Cissé?
There should be only One answer for all three questions.
Nwabali -- Aina, Bassey, TroostEkong, Sanusi --- Chukwueze, Aribo, Ndidi, Iwobi --- Osimhem, Sadiq Umar
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Tobi17 wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 9:36 pm
Yes Egu the Technical Director does do that, but since Picnic fired SEs Technical Adviser ****, our TD Egu also had to take the role of SE Technical Adviser on an interim basis as NFF finds a permanent TA. He’s being asked to continue that interim role in the WCQs and a new Head coach has been drafted in to help him.
Maceo4 sef dey confused, so if NFF appointed Egu as interim TA while they find a permanent replacement... why not just give Amunike the TA role since he's the head coach? I tire jare... all the best to them either way.
Huh? I’m pretty sure I’m not the one confused here lol. If I’m speculating I’d say they don’t see Amunike as ready to take that TA position yet, maybe there are promises in place that’s why he agreed to an assistant role for now. But who knows, the structure is pretty clear though…
Super Eagus 4 Life!
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Yobo is going on 3 years coaching the SE. When him use the experience to become Head coach now, una go vex.
Tobi17 wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 8:51 pm

:rotf:
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

Tobi17 wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 9:38 pm I have every reason to question why there are too many cooks spoiling my broth, no be only me dey ask the question, countless Nigerian fans are doing the same all over the social media space!
Maybe, you should leave the social media.... and READ the press release by the NFF again!
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

maceo4 wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 9:37 pm Lol so Egu is technically directing himself on how to advise the players that are being drilled by the head coach and assistant, while Yobo is in charge of the water cooler? Me sef I don confuse join :tic:
I know sey, you just wan add to their confusion :tic:

Eguavoen na Head Chief Coach
Amunike Chief Coach
The rest are assistant coach!
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
Orion
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Orion »

I don't get it. Why is Augustine Eguavoen's role still "interim"? :roll:

Just give him the substantive role until the end of the World Cup. Let the man feel secure so he throws everything behind the job. If he fails to get there then the contract ends automatically anyway.
"I Think, Therefore I am" - Rene Descartes
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

1naija wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 9:42 pm Yobo is going on 3 years coaching the SE. When him use the experience to become Head coach now, una go vex.
Tobi17 wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 8:51 pm

:rotf:
Na inspirational tinz be that o, from water boy to head coach…who no go cheer am?
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Schillachi
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Schillachi »

Rawlings wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 9:41 pm what is wrong with you people?
Keep it simple.
You get shame at all? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

You don figure out the answer for Ghana before you begin put mouth for Naija?
NIGERIAN BADBOY!
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

fabio wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 9:35 pm
Can you write this in pigin for Tobi.....
Maybe he needs a diagram?
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Orion wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 10:29 pm I don't get it. Why is Augustine Eguavoen's role still "interim"? :roll:

Just give him the substantive role until the end of the World Cup. Let the man feel secure so he throws everything behind the job. If he fails to get there then the contract ends automatically anyway.
You want to deny picnic the opportunity to easily swap in whichever wowo agrees to their terms? Just watch, if we make the WC vultures will be circling don’t be surprised if we see a wowo in Qatar…that said Egu should feel secure since he has his TD desk job waiting for him once his interim role is done.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

ANC wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 8:38 pmits about time
.. .time for what, bro?
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Rawlings
Egg
Egg

Post by Rawlings »

Schillachi wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 10:33 pm
Rawlings wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 9:41 pm what is wrong with you people?
Keep it simple.
You get shame at all? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

You don figure out the answer for Ghana before you begin put mouth for Naija?
Oga,
If you want to discuss Ghana, abeg go to the other forum for world affairs
This place is meant for only Naija discussion.
Nwabali -- Aina, Bassey, TroostEkong, Sanusi --- Chukwueze, Aribo, Ndidi, Iwobi --- Osimhem, Sadiq Umar
tedder89
Egg
Egg

Post by tedder89 »

maceo4 wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 11:01 pm
Orion wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 10:29 pm I don't get it. Why is Augustine Eguavoen's role still "interim"? :roll:

You want to deny picnic the opportunity to easily swap in whichever wowo agrees to their terms? Just watch, if we make the WC vultures will be circling don’t be surprised if we see a wowo in Qatar…that said Egu should feel secure since he has his TD desk job waiting for him once his interim role is done.
So reading between the lines:

1.) NFF no get money for WOWO (for now)

2.) Pinnick's benefactors won't risk committing to hiring a foreigner now since we may not kwalify for the WC

3.) If/when we kwalify, $$$ will flow again; from sponsors lining up to be associated with Eagus AND the $10 mill that all qualified teams will receive.......good times for Picnic and co.

4.) Egu and Amuneke will not be fooled by these appointments, it's very unlikely either of them will be in charge come Qatar (if we kwalify)
IN OUR CASE, THERE IS NO TIME. NO SERIOUS COACH WILL TAKE THIS JOB

Pasamu on Monday Feb 22nd 2010 post ANC- I will repeat again, the problem with our team was never ability or personnel or even tactics . It was confidence pure and simple confidence. Amodus team had been spat upon, anything they did was dismissed as insignificant To see the team going from playing brilliant football against Egypt in the first half of their ANC group game to the cautious fear laden play against Zambia was sad.
highbury
Egg
Egg

Post by highbury »

tedder89 wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 11:18 pm

So reading between the lines:

1.) NFF no get money for WOWO (for now)

2.) Pinnick's benefactors won't risk committing to hiring a foreigner now since we may not kwalify for the WC

3.) If/when we kwalify, $$$ will flow again; from sponsors lining up to be associated with Eagus AND the $10 mill that all qualified teams will receive.......good times for Picnic and co.

4.) Egu and Amuneke will not be fooled by these appointments, it's very unlikely either of them will be in charge come Qatar (if we kwalify)
You are just projecting your wish for #4. If Nigeria qualifies, they will take us to Qatar.
Abbey
Egg
Egg

Post by Abbey »

Nigeria and titles .... engineer this, barrister that, comrade this, lagbaja that. prophet this, prophetess that. Nobody likes to be called Mr. (mister) anymore :(
A Person convinced against his will is of the same opinion still.
The Eagle
Egg
Egg

Post by The Eagle »

A long time ago, the NFA/NFF wanted to spend a lot of money on a white European coach. There was already a black Nigerian coach. For some reason, maybe politics, I don't know, it was deemed problematic to just sack the Nigerian coach and replace him with a much, much, much higher paid white coach. So the NFA/NFF came up with a solution. Theoretically the Nigerian would remain "chief coach" of the Eagles, and had not been sacked. However, a European "technical adviser" would be hired to .... well .... that requires a bit of explaining.

It isn't an accident that "technical adviser" sounds like "technical director". We were told the white European would perform the duties of a "technical director". The list of things they said he would be responsible for was long. For one thing he was supposed to join the coaches of the Nigerian clubs in African continental competition and "advise them". He was also supposed to improve the technical quality of coaching across the League. He was supposed to "advise" the NFA/NFF itself on how to professionalize its practices .... and funny enough, he was also responsible for training the cadre of Nigerian national coaches that were supposed to replace him .... so, in other words the "technical adviser" would be responsible for setting up a scenario where Nigeria never again needed to hire a white European coach.

This explained his hiring. This explained why he was paid so much. And we didn't need to worry about our fellow Nigerian being sacked as "chief coach", because he was still "chief coach".

Except in practice, the European "technical adviser" did nothing other than serve as Eagles "chief coach". The Nigerian who held the title "chief coach" had no decision-making power, but did retain the right to sit on the bench during matches. Occasionally he would point. Sometimes he would stand up. Then he would sit down. But the white dude had all the power, and the white dude didn't do any of the "technical director" things NFA/NFF said he would.

Things in Nigeria tend to ossify, and our society begins to repeat the ossified behaviour without remembering why we started the ossified behaviour, what purpose the ossified behaviour was meant to serve, whether the ossified behaviour has ever served that purpose, and why on Earth we are still doing it.

So ....

Austin Eguavoen's permanent job is "technical DIRECTOR". He is temporarily holding another job ("technical ADVISER") whose continued existence is a reminder that Pinnick will replace Eguavoen (as "adviser" not "director") with a white European at earliest convenience.

Amunike holds the "chief coach" title that is usually powerless .... however, this is looking like an unusual situation, and Amunike will likely have a substantive role, more significant than holders of the position usually have. But he isn't the "chief coach" as the term is understood in simple English.

The final decisions will still be made by Eguavoen, the real "chief" .... but he will likely put head together with fellow ex-internationals Amunike, Yobo and Agu.

PS: I don't know what Salisu does.

PPS: Sorry for making this a long post .... but it seems a lot of people on this forum don't understand the history of these titles in the Eagles. If it was up to me, the titles would long have been simplified, and most of the things they told us the "technical adviser" would do decades ago would have been done decades ago (by a Nigerian), as opposed to still being undone as of today.
The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects the wind to change; the realist adjusts his sails.
Don't believe anything until it has been officially denied.
If you are controversial, you will lose some votes. If you are courageous, you will lose the election.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Robbynice wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 8:16 pm
waka-man wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 8:06 pm I can promise you we are the first team in history to have chief coach/first assistant role.
I love it. We are so bleeding creative!
:rotf: :clap: :thumbs: :taunt:
No we are not the first. It is not the first time in Nigeria history sef. During Westerhof days, He was the Technical adviser of the team and Bonfere was the chief coach, the 1st assistant

Robby,

You have to understand that there are many newbies on board. As you noted< these terminologies are not new in the Nigerian setup. It is the usual terminology. The main guy is Eguavoen to put it in simple terms with Amuneke as his deputy. The rest are other coaches to put it in simpler terms.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Orion
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Orion »

What's going on now seems more to do with the FIFA payout we'll get if we qualify. Rohr was set to get a decent cut of that payout which now goes into the pockets of NFF officials. This whole "interim" thing is fishy and seems like a way to avoid a contract that will give the substantive coach a slice of that bonus. My concern is that Eguavoen is enabling the lack of professionalism and greed that's going on here and it can cost us the WC place.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Orion wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 12:33 am

What's going on now seems more to do with the FIFA payout we'll get if we qualify. Rohr was set to get a decent cut of that payout which now goes into the pockets of NFF officials. This whole "interim" thing is fishy and seems like a way to avoid a contract that will give the substantive coach a slice of that bonus. My concern is that Eguavoen is enabling the lack of professionalism and greed that's going on here and it can cost us the WC place.
Orion,

Let me get this right? Egu cannot get the pay out? Right? Why are they hiring an FC to lead the team to the actual WC if we qualify if this is indeed about payout? Would it not make sense to keep a local there since, according to you, they can then keep the payout to themselves?

BTW, why hire someone who may not be as good as Egu simply because the person is an FC? Are you concerned about that? Or just maybe every FC should be better than Egu since they maybe European and they are ordinarily better than a local? Just checking.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Orion
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Orion »

Enugu II wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 12:43 am
Orion wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 12:33 am

Orion,

Let me get this right? Egu cannot get the pay out? Right? Why are they hiring an FC to lead the team to the actual WC if we qualify if this is indeed about payout? Would it not make sense to keep a local there since, according to you, they can then keep the payout to themselves?

BTW, why hire someone who may not be as good as Egu simply because the person is an FC? Are you concerned about that? Or just maybe every FC should be better than Egu since they maybe European and they are ordinarily better than a local? Just checking.
Who said they would hire an FC? What would be the point of hiring another coach if Egu qualifies for the World Cup with a few months to go to? Are you saying they didn't learn anything from 2010?

Eguavoen is in the employment of the NFF. I believe what they're trying to pull off now is to use an internal staff member to qualify for the world cup as an "interim" coach with a substantially lower remuneration agreement than would have gone to a substantive coach with a bonafide contract. If this is what they’re planning then Eguavoen is enabling this.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

maceo4 wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 8:25 pm
Tobi17 wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 8:21 pm
Robbynice wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 8:16 pm
waka-man wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 8:06 pm I can promise you we are the first team in history to have chief coach/first assistant role.
I love it. We are so bleeding creative!
:rotf: :clap: :thumbs: :taunt:
No we are not the first. It is not the first time in Nigeria history sef. During Westerhof days, He was the Technical adviser of the team and Bonfere was the chief coach, the 1st assistant
Basically Amunike is replacing Rohr in his managerial role while Eguavoen reverts back to his "office" job in the background.
Nope, Amunike took Salisus position and pushed him down the pecking order, Egu is both TD and interim at ****s former position as Technical Adviser…terminology is funny but that’s how they’ve been doing it…TA is numero uno and Head coach is his 2nd in command…
So that means Rohr was never the coach ? It was Egu all along.