SADIQ Exploding after AFCON.... Beware!

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: SADIQ Exploding after AFCON.... Beware!

Post by Damunk »

airwolex wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 9:50 am
Damunk wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 7:31 am I’m just feeling so sorry for all those casually dismissing Sadiq right now with such confident finality.
Izzokay.
When the time comes, the kine sour humble pie wey una go chop from my hand nor go finish.
Continue. :taunt:
Exactly, not yet his time. When the time comes, I will gladly eat humble pie.
I'm not talking distant future bro.
I'm talking next few opportunities, when that time comes.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

Damunk wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 2:19 pm
ANC wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 8:58 am
Damunk wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 7:31 am I’m just feeling so sorry for all those casually dismissing Sadiq right now with such confident finality.
Izzokay.
When the time comes, the kine sour humble pie wey una go chop from my hand nor go finish.
Continue. :taunt:
thats not what you said the last time (Afcon
)
Maybe mixing me up with someone else?
Its exactly what I have been saying about him even before AFCON.
Do your fact check, abeg.

In fact, small time una crowd go begin call me agent.
YOU called him overgrown
Silver-Shadow
Egg
Egg

Post by Silver-Shadow »

If they aren't storming they are exploding :roll:
No Escape
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Silver-Shadow wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 3:51 pm If they aren't storming they are exploding :roll:
...or rocketing!!! That is exactly what Sadiq is doing at the moment. LOL.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
BAP
Egg
Egg

Post by BAP »

ahidjo2 wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 8:49 pm
airwolex wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 8:36 pm
maceo4 wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 8:13 pm
Flex Swift wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 7:03 pm I suggest people go an watch the game Almeria Vs Malaga. Sadiq scored the only goal of the game a tap in header but wasted countless chances before he scored and after he scored. The Spanish second division is nothing to write home about. If he was scoring in the first division I would be impressed and join in the hype.
Also watch the Belgian league, and how useless it is, looking at Onuachu's goal today I just shook my head, like is this even a proper league...lol
Bros, this is the league that produced Hazard, De Bryne, Martens, Lukaku, Cortois and a team that has been number 1 in the world for sometime.

If nothing, the best in the league get to play contimental football. Lets keep ish real oh.

For Onuachu to be one of the best players in that league is no mean feat.
Again, if we are looking in the direction of Umar and Onuachu as our ideal strikers, then we can as well not bother to play soccer anymore. These are awful strikers that should not ordinarily be under consideration for the Super Eagles. Most European top teams do not rate clumsy players. That's why no decent team has come for Onuachu despite his harvest of goals in Belgium. Sadiq's case is even more bizzare. Had Sadiq been the idea striker that we needed, our game vs Tunisia would have been dragged to extra time if he had converted the golden opportunity that he had. No decent striker misses a one-on-one with the keeper in a crucial game like that. Should not be happening. He has the penchant of missing 20 chances before scoring one. No team should be giving him those types of chances in big games. Nigeria should better look beyond these players for solutions to our attacking problems.
Hmm ..

Go to 1:04 , 1:50 and 2:10 .. You will see our greatest striker every missing multiple one one ones with Keepers :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Even the commentator goes on to mention the fact that Yekini also missed so many chances against CIV in the semi final .

I believe we would all agree that both the final and the semi final were crucial games wont we ?
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Who said it was? I just mentioned what I noticed, which is that they have played 2 games since the Nations cup. Abi you disagree with that? :D
ANC wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 8:59 am @1naija Union Berlin is not in a small league
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
The Eagle
Egg
Egg

Post by The Eagle »

BAP wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 5:21 pm Hmm ..

Go to 1:04 , 1:50 and 2:10 .. You will see our greatest striker every missing multiple one one ones with Keepers :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Even the commentator goes on to mention the fact that Yekini also missed so many chances against CIV in the semi final .

I believe we would all agree that both the final and the semi final were crucial games wont we ?
I don't need to watch the video :) .... one of the reasons I continue to appreciate Yekini (RIP) is that he was good enough to miss the kind of chances that his successors would never be in a position to get in the first place, never mind to subsequently miss. An argument could be made that he had a better supporting cast .... but I think it goes both ways, a striker looks better with a stronger supporting cast, but the supporting cast looks strong if their support is delivered to someone who knows where to be, and what to do, to sometimes turn a half-chance or even a non-chance into a spectacular miss. For example, a long ball from Oliseh into space behind the opponents still leaves Yekini with a lot of work to do.
The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects the wind to change; the realist adjusts his sails.
Don't believe anything until it has been officially denied.
If you are controversial, you will lose some votes. If you are courageous, you will lose the election.