Ifeanyi UDEZE... Raises Concern about Playing Calvin Bassey v Ghana

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet
Ifeanyi UDEZE... Raises Concern about Playing Calvin Bassey v Ghana

Post by Enugu II »

Ex-Super Eagles star raises serious fears over Calvin Bassey against Ghana
Score Nigeria Editor by Score Nigeria Editor March 8, 2022 2:23 pm
https://scorenigeria.com.ng/ex-super-ea ... inst-ghana

In the absence of some key players, Rangers defender Calvin Bassey could well make his Super Eagles debut in the epic World Cup playoffs against arch-rivals Ghana.

However, former Eagles defence ace Ifeanyi Udeze has warned playing Bassey in such crucial matches could back fire because the Rangers star has not yet been exposed to African football.

“Bassey has done well for his club in Scotland, but I still have my fears about playing him in the matches against Ghana because he has yet to play a match, friendly or official, against an African team,” Udeze argued.

“If he had played such a game, he will have the confidence to cope with African football, which is very different from what they play in Europe.”

Former Eagles coach Gernot Rohr previously called up Bassey for a World Cup qualifier this year, but he ended up being an unused sub.

Left-footed defender Bassey has been flying with Scottish champions Rangers this season, while direct rivals like William Ekong, Chidozie Awaziem and Leon Balogun have struggled at their respective European clubs.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
ikemba_nacho
Egg
Egg
Re: Ifeanyi UDEZE... Raises Concern about Playing Calvin Bassey v Ghana

Post by ikemba_nacho »

Enugu II, you have a thinly veiled bias/dislike towards 'foreign' players and this has been trending for a while. No one is suggesting Calvin start this game (against Ghana home or away), however he is one for the future and would be great to have for well into the future.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

ikemba_nacho wrote: Thu Mar 10, 2022 10:26 am Enugu II, you have a thinly veiled bias/dislike towards 'foreign' players and this has been trending for a while. No one is suggesting Calvin start this game (against Ghana home or away), however he is one for the future and would be great to have for well into the future.
I must surely be Ifeanyi Udeze.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Enugu II wrote: Thu Mar 10, 2022 5:15 pm
ikemba_nacho wrote: Thu Mar 10, 2022 10:26 am Enugu II, you have a thinly veiled bias/dislike towards 'foreign' players and this has been trending for a while. No one is suggesting Calvin start this game (against Ghana home or away), however he is one for the future and would be great to have for well into the future.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
OCCUPY NFF!!
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

Enugu II wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 3:49 am
Ex-Super Eagles star raises serious fears over Calvin Bassey against Ghana
Score Nigeria Editor by Score Nigeria Editor March 8, 2022 2:23 pm
https://scorenigeria.com.ng/ex-super-ea ... inst-ghana

In the absence of some key players, Rangers defender Calvin Bassey could well make his Super Eagles debut in the epic World Cup playoffs against arch-rivals Ghana.

However, former Eagles defence ace Ifeanyi Udeze has warned playing Bassey in such crucial matches could back fire because the Rangers star has not yet been exposed to African football.

“Bassey has done well for his club in Scotland, but I still have my fears about playing him in the matches against Ghana because he has yet to play a match, friendly or official, against an African team,” Udeze argued.

“If he had played such a game, he will have the confidence to cope with African football, which is very different from what they play in Europe.”

Former Eagles coach Gernot Rohr previously called up Bassey for a World Cup qualifier this year, but he ended up being an unused sub.

Left-footed defender Bassey has been flying with Scottish champions Rangers this season, while direct rivals like William Ekong, Chidozie Awaziem and Leon Balogun have struggled at their respective European clubs.
I'd be very surprised if we're looking at him for that CB position, he's far more useful as a LB.
Agbako
Egg
Egg

Post by Agbako »

Kai. I tire ooooo.... :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
Dog Bruno
Egg
Egg

Post by Dog Bruno »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Thu Mar 10, 2022 7:33 pm
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Did someone say bias?
You are Your Own Dog