Emmanuel Dennis was horrible and weak.

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Jmal
Egg
Egg
Emmanuel Dennis was horrible and weak.

Post by Jmal »

For Me Dennis Was Weak against Ghana He wasted much time on the ball, if u watch closely he didn't help cover when Party scored he was jogging ball watching horrible to watch while F onyeka triyed his best to cover the pass that went to Party to block it. :oops: :oops: :oops:
niyi
Egg
Egg
Re: Emmanuel Dennis was horrible and weak.

Post by niyi »

He plays on the left side at Watford and Lookman plays on the right side at Leicester. Oga Eguavoen switched them around.
(Let’s ignore the fact that neither player should be starting such a key match)
Ona t'Olorun ngba soro
lati se ise re
ona re enikan ko mo
awamaridi ni!
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

He didn’t set the field alight but he wasn’t terrible either.
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

niyi wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 7:52 pm He plays on the left side at Watford and Lookman plays on the right side at Leicester. Oga Eguavoen switched them around.
(Let’s ignore the fact that neither player should be starting such a key match)
This is not a good reason. I had opportunity to watch the game over again and Jmal is correct. Other SE playerrs visibly complained about Denis not covering defensively. TBH, I was surprised given that I hasd actually mentioned some of his defensdive help in the previous game.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Ezesportsworld
Egg
Egg

Post by Ezesportsworld »

Eguavoen is so daft. Why will you start such rookies in a high octane African world cup qualifier. The African game and the mammoth crowd affected them.
www.ezesportsworld.net

Chesapeake sports Academy
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Ezesportsworld wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 8:02 pm Eguavoen is so daft. Why will you start such rookies in a high octane African world cup qualifier. The African game and the mammoth crowd affected them.
So which of the "rookies" let the team down ?

So Dennis is now supposed to be marking a midfielder now ? Where was Onyeka and Etebo ?

Our experienced hands couldn't simply stay onside, couldn't let the ball go to better placed teammates, and couldn't stop a routine shot.
Last edited by vancity eagle on Wed Mar 30, 2022 8:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Dennis was much better than Simon.
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

Jmal wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 7:47 pm For Me Dennis Was Weak against Ghana He wasted much time on the ball, if u watch closely he didn't help cover when Party scored he was jogging ball watching horrible to watch while F onyeka triyed his best to cover the pass that went to Party to block it. :oops: :oops: :oops:
Lets be honest the team as a whole were crap, scapegoating certain individuals isn't going to change that. We had 3 guys (2 in the attack) making their first ever start for the SE in this crucial game and it was very obvious by the way we played.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Sunset wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 8:21 pm
Jmal wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 7:47 pm For Me Dennis Was Weak against Ghana He wasted much time on the ball, if u watch closely he didn't help cover when Party scored he was jogging ball watching horrible to watch while F onyeka triyed his best to cover the pass that went to Party to block it. :oops: :oops: :oops:
Lets be honest the team as a whole were crap, scapegoating certain individuals isn't going to change that. We had 3 guys (2 in the attack) making their first ever start for the SE in this crucial game and it was very obvious by the way we played.
Where was the coordinated attack from the regulars?

Our attack was much better in Abuja than in both Kumasi and against Tunisia.
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

vancity eagle wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 8:29 pm

Maybe it's that you can't read or something but I suggest you re-read my post slowly :roll:
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Sunset wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 9:02 pm

Maybe it's that you can't read or something but I suggest you re-read my post slowly :roll:
You said it was "obvious" how poorly we played based in part because of new players.

So I asked how the old players did in the first leg and Tunisia.

You are insinuating the old players looked better which isn't backed by stats or my eyes.
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

vancity eagle wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 9:05 pm
Sunset wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 9:02 pm

You said it was "obvious" how poorly we played based in part because of new players.

So I asked how the old players did in the first leg and Tunisia.

You are insinuating the old players looked better which isn't backed by stats or my eyes.
That's "your" assumption has nothing to do with me, nowhere am I trying to compare new players with the old ones seeing how I said the team as a whole were crap. But in this particular match the lack of chemistry in attack was clear for anyone to see despite having a stronger midfield than in the Kumasi match.
And just FYI a cohesive attack is nothing like an attack based on individual brilliance
truemamamia
Egg
Egg

Post by truemamamia »

Qualifiers are always hard.

By the end of the day Nigeria was a howler away from being in the World Cup.

No need to press the panic button about players.

I think Otto Addo was more tactical than Egu.
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

That team has been showing a worrying trend with its home matches, it has struggled to stamp itself on the opposition on the home soil. I was arguing on another platform, that we are in trouble for not scoring in Ghana. Our team lack the mental strength to hang in with the big strong teams. There was a time when the core of Liverpool team was referred to as the spice boys, well the core of the SE can be termed the pampered ones. Our boys just do not have the mental strength, none at all. By the 70th minute , i knew it was over, it was in their body language. Then you start bringing in players like Shehu , you just knew it was over.

We do not deserve to be in Qatar, we lost to a team with lesser quality to us in personnel, but far superior technically, tactically and a stronger desire to win.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
icee
Egg
Egg

Post by icee »

The last people I will blame are the players. If we focus on the players, we will not move forward
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

truemamamia wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 10:31 pm Qualifiers are always hard.

By the end of the day Nigeria was a howler away from being in the World Cup.

No need to press the panic button about players.

I think Otto Addo was more tactical than Egu.
Exactly

It's always knee jerk reactions and throwing out the baby with the bathwater. It's a vicious cycle from "rebuild" "bring in homebased" to "let them fight for shirts"

How often do we tell ourselves the truth that it was our dysfunctional management and poor coaching.
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

oloye wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 11:05 pm That team has been showing a worrying trend with its home matches, it has struggled to stamp itself on the opposition on the home soil. I was arguing on another platform, that we are in trouble for not scoring in Ghana. Our team lack the mental strength to hang in with the big strong teams. There was a time when the core of Liverpool team was referred to as the spice boys, well the core of the SE can be termed the pampered ones. Our boys just do not have the mental strength, none at all. By the 70th minute , i knew it was over, it was in their body language. Then you start bringing in players like Shehu , you just knew it was over.

We do not deserve to be in Qatar, we lost to a team with lesser quality to us in personnel, but far superior technically, tactically and a stronger desire to win.
You have said it all. This isn't even about coaching or player abilities, we have too many ajebutters on that team and no leadership. At a point in the second half, some of them were actually hiding. The pressure destroyed them. Osimhen was the only real man on the pitch, the others were scared, little boys.
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Ghana missed the last world cup and heavens did not fall, they moved on and are now in the next world cup... football is turn by turn, we learn from our mistakes, sack the incompetent administrators in our football, build on the team we already have with better players and move on... THERE'S STILL MORE FOOTBALL TO BE PLAYED, we missed one world cup since 2006 what's the big deal? If anything we needed this disappointment as a wake up call to our truly pathetic football situation and it gives us just enough time and leverage to finally hold crooks like Amaju Pinnick to account. Let's focus on the AFCON qualifiers for next year in Ivory Coast.
sabb
Egg
Egg

Post by sabb »

Tobi17 wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 3:42 am Ghana missed the last world cup and heavens did not fall, they moved on and are now in the next world cup... football is turn by turn, we learn from our mistakes, sack the incompetent administrators in our football, build on the team we already have with better players and move on... THERE'S STILL MORE FOOTBALL TO BE PLAYED, we missed one world cup since 2006 what's the big deal? If anything we needed this disappointment as a wake up call to our truly pathetic football situation and it gives us just enough time and leverage to finally hold crooks like Amaju Pinnick to account. Let's focus on the AFCON qualifiers for next year in Ivory Coast.
I hope so cos we have made several that we didn't learn from
To d Super Eagles - there's no limit to wot can be accomplished when nobody cares who gets the credit (ucb)
speech is ma hammer bang d world into shape - mos def
A win is a win, whether u win by an inch or by a mile - Dominic Toretto
life without knowledge is death in disguise - talib kweli
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

Can't blame Dennis too much because he actually did better than Chukwueze has done in the last 4 games I have watched.

Lookman also did well in the first half. At least this is a plus. Simon and Samu will need to step up big time to hang on to their spots.

The problem was a lack of hunger and leadership. Players (especially the midfielders) were actually hiding.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Midfielders were hiding

Etebo that hasn't played football for months because of injury. Did he force himself to be called up over other players ?

These coaches are damn lazy. The whole CE forum have identified replacements playing week in week out and the clown is talking about catching trains to watch people.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

And Yes again Lookman and Dennis were both better than the garbage Chuks and Simon had been serving. Aribo also was better than Nacho. These things should have been figured out earlier if not for a lazy coaching crew.
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

vancity eagle wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 2:51 pm Midfielders were hiding

Etebo that hasn't played football for months because of injury. Did he force himself to be called up over other players ?

These coaches are damn lazy. The whole CE forum have identified replacements playing week in week out and the clown is talking about catching trains to watch people.
Yeah, can't blame Etebo too. Obviously nowhere match fit enough for this kind of encounter. He wilted badly. Sanusi came in and even though he made some mistakes, but you could see he was showing for the ball.