WITHIN APROX. 2 MONTHS WE ALL JUST WITNESSED THE WORST DISASTER IN SE HISTORY

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet
WITHIN APROX. 2 MONTHS WE ALL JUST WITNESSED THE WORST DISASTER IN SE HISTORY

Post by vancity eagle »

Make no mistake what we all witnessed within the space of 2 months was THE WORST DISASTER, and absolute DISGRACE that the SE have ever had in their history. Yes I said it. I have taken the time to process this disaster, which is completely unrivaled.

Within the space of 2 months a new GOLDEN GENERATION, yes I said it A GOLDEN GENERATION was reduced to a 2nd round afcon knockout, and then failed to qualify for the World Cup. This is unprecedented.

Even the 2006 failure was down to a lot of players not showing up for key matches, and also the talent and depth of that team is not close to what we have now. We truly screwed up big time. I will go over the following reasons and I hope we learn from, but it seems we never do.

1) FIRING ROHR - Yes this played a big part in our disaster, and it isn't even so much the fact that we fired Rohr, who was frankly running on fumes at that point, with horrible performances. It was the fact that we fired him and destabalized the team only to go with somebody EVEN WORSE. What kind of stupidity is that ? Only in Nigeria it seems. It is clear that those in charge, wanted a YES MAN, who they could control and who they didn't need to pay very much, and so the clowns at the NFF mortaged our Qatar hopes on an old dinosaur who didn't even want to coach. I honestly dont even blame Mr. 442, who couldn't help himself but dream of 1994, the nostalgia and all, I get it. The clowns who destroyed our team by giving Egu what he didn't even want are fully to blame. Shame, shame, shame.

2) FORCING PLAYERS ON TO THE TEAM - This was never going to end well, and I have been complaining about it for years. What on earth were Ahmed Musa, Shehu Abdullahi, and Odion Ighalo still doing on this team ? What I ask ? We kept hearing about "experience" and "big game players" but these guys are all weak frauds holding on to the past. It is no coincidence that Rohr's downfall also seemed to coincide with NFF forcing players on him. Rohr stated clearly years ago, that Musa would not be in his team. Yet the clowns at the NFF persisted. Even Shehu had been dropped by Rohr, only for him to make his comeback after the post WC negotiated contract. Imagine in a crucial World cup qualifier, where we need a goal, and you bring on Musa and Ighalo. Ejuke wasn't even an option, just like he wasn't an option when we lost to Tunisia. These eeediots have gone mad and they are fully to blame for forcing that junk and frankly selfish player on to nearly 200 million Nigerians. Musa should hang his head in shame. This wastepipe should have long ago retired with the likes of Mikel, yet he kept hanging around for what exactly ? Dreaming of one more WC, that fool can just fock off. He doesn't deserve any testimonial, his career is tarnished.

3) IGNORING THE MIDFIELD - For years I had been complaining about Rohr and his calling up 3 or 4 midfielders every international window. Even trying to play us for fools by listing Iheanacho, Ejuke, Amoo, Abraham Marcus and others as midfielders. I have been screaming for 2 years that we need to incorporate Ejaria, Nwobodo, Onyedika, Alhassan, yet to no avail. The clowns (Rohr and NFF) would rather call 10 strikers and 6 central defenders than to beef up our midfield. Even with key injuries, losing up to 2 midfielders for certain windows, the midfield was still ignored. Yet Shehu could keep getting invites, and we were told about his "versatility" yet he isn't particularly good at either of his supposed positions. Well like I have been telling you all for a long time, IGNORING THE MIDFIELD WILL HAUNT US ONE DAY. Well that day was against Ghana, A TEAM WHO PRIDES THEMSELVES IN MIDFIELD AND IS STACKED IN THAT POSITION. The fools still do not know that midfield IS THE MOST KEY POSITION IN FOOTBALL. Without it you are done. The clowns even tried to force Onazi upon us. In the end with Ndidi out and our once again lack of midfield callups (now Egu responsible), the calling up of an injured/unfit Etebo. I knew we had a problem. So Bonke gets injured, Onyeka gets injured and we are left with Shehu and an unfit Etebo to battle against Partey, Kudus, and Idrissu Baba. Are you focking kidding me ? And people expect to win with that garbage ? Let no coach ever pull this midfield neglect we witnessed under Rohr and Egu, and frankly other SE coaches as well. We deserve what we got.

4) WE HAVE A GOALKEEPING PROBLEM - Yes the elephant in the room has finally made some noise for us to all see clearly. We thought it was Okoye, but then an even worse blunder from Uzoho, who apparently hasn't even been playing for his club. Then we hear that John Noble isn't even the best keeper at his club. Again the problem of selecting players NOT BASED ON MERIT, has reared its ugly head. All these political callups hurt us, even when the players are not starters. Can we not call the best keeper in Nigeria to the team ? Can we not get that guy in Israel to come to camp ? These guys should be making Okoye and Uzoho fight for their positions, not just be some political callup who knows he aint going to play.

5) NO FOCUS ON TEAM PLAY - Remember it was Westerhoff who permenantly cut SiaSia from the starting lineup for failing to square a simple ball for a goal, but he went for a much harder shot. That is the kind of discipline we need instilled into the SE. How the likes of Moses Simon could just keep playing game after game while failing to pass to teammates who are well positioned to score, fail to find overlapping runs, and just dribble head down, just shows the lack of seriousness. There are many others as well, but he stands out for me. If a coach can just let this very immature and lack of seriousness fester in his team, then he is not a worthy coach. Whoever the new coach is must instruct his players to ALWAYS LOOK FOR THE SIMPLE PASS. Passing is how you kill teams. Our team is always so static. They do not move around to make themselves available for passes. Especially our midfielders and wingers. It is very lazy and casual play for the most part. If these players cannot do these basics, then they can sit for bench. Nobody is irreplacable. There should be no sentiments or bias. Do the basics, play for the team, our sit the fock out.

Anyways I needed to rant. These are the things that need to be addressed. Not "overhauling the team to rebuild" , not "too many foreign born" These are simple and fundamental things that need to be addressed

1) Callup players based 100% on merit. (Even the deep bench players)
2) Focus on team play and passing, AND OFF BALL MOVEMENT
3) Build up the midfield
4) Look for decent options in goalkeeping. Develop Uzoho and Okoye

It isnt rocket science, though we always make it out to be. Get a decent coach with a decent resume and focus on the above.
Rawlings
Egg
Egg
Re: WITHIN APROX. 2 MONTHS WE ALL JUST WITNESSED THE WORST DISASTER IN SE HISTORY

Post by Rawlings »

Don't overblow this!!!!
Ghana has a very good team
Nigeria should hold her head high and be happy we did not do to u what we did to Egypt
Nwabali -- Aina, Bassey, TroostEkong, Sanusi --- Chukwueze, Aribo, Ndidi, Iwobi --- Osimhem, Sadiq Umar
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: WITHIN APROX. 2 MONTHS WE ALL JUST WITNESSED THE WORST DISASTER IN SE HISTORY

Post by vancity eagle »

Rawlings wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 11:13 pm Don't overblow this!!!!
Nigeria should hold her head high and be happy we did not do to u what we did to Egypt
other than that fluke goal from Partey. You guys did not trouble our goal once in 2 matches. That is the truth.
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

Shehu Abdullahi was the biggest joke on that pitch in Abuja
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Better thank your lucky stars that the disaster that happenned is not as bad as the one Pinnick wanted to avoid. Give them credit. They avoided a major disaster.

OCCUPY NFF!!
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

jette1 wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 11:17 pm Shehu Abdullahi was the biggest joke on that pitch in Abuja
You'll be surprised how many on this forum never thought he was a problem.

I've been talking about him for years. Waste of space. In a crucial match.

Don't get me started on Musa who just gave the ball away in his usual brainless fashion. People were still talking about the goals he scored vs Iceland. Jokers.
Undertaker
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Undertaker »

vancity eagle wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 11:17 pm
other than that fluke goal from Partey. You guys did not trouble our goal once in 2 matches. That is the truth.
The worst Ghanaian team ever! They were terrible! I can't believe we lost the WC ticket to them.They were really bad! Nigeria was very poor as well but was still a better team than that Ghana team. Unless a miracle happens before November and Ghana can find some decent players under a rock, they will not win a match in Qatar! South Korea will beat them too! The Super Eagles were a disgrace! A lot of talents but a poorly coached team!
I SEE DEAD PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
joao
Egg
Egg

Post by joao »

What happened to our SE is usually reserved for teams and fans with no respect for the opposition.
How can anyone claim that this is Ghana's worst team and reconcile being defeated by same.
If we cannot acknowledge and fix our mistakes, how do we hope to make corrections and improve?
Nigeria doing well in USA 1994, and winning the Olympics has made so many to believe things will
always go our way. We overhype players, do not appreciate that not all talents fits all systems, thus
wanting every hyped-up player to be fielded. One mistake is enough for the fans to rubbish a player
they do not favor. Objectivity and reality is discarded, and we wonder why and how we are in this mess.

Watching Ghana and Tunisia in Qatar should help us reconsider our footballing ways, else the suffering
will never end.
"We now live in a nation where doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, universities destroy knowledge,
governments destroy freedom, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and our banks destroy the economy.”

― Chris Hedges
ayohoff
Egg
Egg

Post by ayohoff »

If we need a Affordable foreign coach NFF should approach Carlos Queiroz now instead of Paseiro!!
great goal!
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

To buttress your point, the biggest joke of it all is that our not-so-intelligent coach overloaded the team with 9 natural forwards and yet our ONLY goal against Ghana was scored from a PK...by a defender for that matter...we have natural midfield talents like Ifeanyi Matthew, Tosin Kehinde, Obinna Nwobodo, Raphael Onyedika, Alhassan etc wasting away because charity call up's must be handed to wastepipes like Musa, Ighalo etc who are just occupying space...Musa in particular is a shameless narcissist who has become so entitled that he can't for once in his life take the hint that his best days of football are far behind him already...the selfish twat has no pride and consideration for even the younger players who are dying to wear that GWG, players with honor like Mikel Obi bowed out of the scene when the ovation was high to allow younger players shine...yet some clowns still regard Musa as anything close to a legend like Mikel because he scored some decent goals in previous world cups?
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

joao wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 1:32 am What happened to our SE is usually reserved for teams and fans with no respect for the opposition.
How can anyone claim that this is Ghana's worst team and reconcile being defeated by same.
If we cannot acknowledge and fix our mistakes, how do we hope to make corrections and improve?
Nigeria doing well in USA 1994, and winning the Olympics has made so many to believe things will
always go our way. We overhype players, do not appreciate that not all talents fits all systems, thus
wanting every hyped-up player to be fielded. One mistake is enough for the fans to rubbish a player
they do not favor. Objectivity and reality is discarded, and we wonder why and how we are in this mess.

Watching Ghana and Tunisia in Qatar should help us reconsider our footballing ways, else the suffering
will never end.
God bless you. :clap:
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
Undertaker
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Undertaker »

joao wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 1:32 am What happened to our SE is usually reserved for teams and fans with no respect for the opposition.

will never end.
If you call a 1-1 draw defeated and na your own be that! The worst team won on a 1-1 draw!!!!!! :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
I SEE DEAD PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

I am still shell-shocked.
You guys are serious that we are not going to Qatar?
How?
It’s not true because I have not watched the match.
You people should stop this bad joke.
It can kill somebody. :roll:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Tobi17 wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 2:28 am To buttress your point, the biggest joke of it all is that our not-so-intelligent coach overloaded the team with 9 natural forwards and yet our ONLY goal against Ghana was scored from a PK...by a defender for that matter...we have natural midfield talents like Ifeanyi Matthew, Tosin Kehinde, Obinna Nwobodo, Raphael Onyedika, Alhassan etc wasting away because charity call up's must be handed to wastepipes like Musa, Ighalo etc who are just occupying space...Musa in particular is a shameless narcissist who has become so entitled that he can't for once in his life take the hint that his best days of football are far behind him already...the selfish twat has no pride and consideration for even the younger players who are dying to wear that GWG, players with honor like Mikel Obi bowed out of the scene when the ovation was high to allow younger players shine...yet some clowns still regard Musa as anything close to a legend like Mikel because he scored some decent goals in previous world cups?
Kpom kpom kpom.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

The visual of that double substitution. Musa and Ighalo coming on to try and salvage our WC hopes will be etched in my mind forever. A nightmare I had been predicting for over 2 years. That was everything that was wrong with our football approach right there. We might has well have been waving the white flag. There would have been more honor in that.
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

vancity eagle wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 11:01 pm Make no mistake what we all witnessed within the space of 2 months was THE WORST DISASTER, and absolute DISGRACE that the SE have ever had in their history. Yes I said it. I have taken the time to process this disaster, which is completely unrivaled.

Within the space of 2 months a new GOLDEN GENERATION, yes I said it A GOLDEN GENERATION was reduced to a 2nd round afcon knockout, and then failed to qualify for the World Cup. This is unprecedented.

Even the 2006 failure was down to a lot of players not showing up for key matches, and also the talent and depth of that team is not close to what we have now. We truly screwed up big time. I will go over the following reasons and I hope we learn from, but it seems we never do.

1) FIRING ROHR - Yes this played a big part in our disaster, and it isn't even so much the fact that we fired Rohr, who was frankly running on fumes at that point, with horrible performances. It was the fact that we fired him and destabalized the team only to go with somebody EVEN WORSE. What kind of stupidity is that ? Only in Nigeria it seems. It is clear that those in charge, wanted a YES MAN, who they could control and who they didn't need to pay very much, and so the clowns at the NFF mortaged our Qatar hopes on an old dinosaur who didn't even want to coach. I honestly dont even blame Mr. 442, who couldn't help himself but dream of 1994, the nostalgia and all, I get it. The clowns who destroyed our team by giving Egu what he didn't even want are fully to blame. Shame, shame, shame.

2) FORCING PLAYERS ON TO THE TEAM - This was never going to end well, and I have been complaining about it for years. What on earth were Ahmed Musa, Shehu Abdullahi, and Odion Ighalo still doing on this team ? What I ask ? We kept hearing about "experience" and "big game players" but these guys are all weak frauds holding on to the past. It is no coincidence that Rohr's downfall also seemed to coincide with NFF forcing players on him. Rohr stated clearly years ago, that Musa would not be in his team. Yet the clowns at the NFF persisted. Even Shehu had been dropped by Rohr, only for him to make his comeback after the post WC negotiated contract. Imagine in a crucial World cup qualifier, where we need a goal, and you bring on Musa and Ighalo. Ejuke wasn't even an option, just like he wasn't an option when we lost to Tunisia. These eeediots have gone mad and they are fully to blame for forcing that junk and frankly selfish player on to nearly 200 million Nigerians. Musa should hang his head in shame. This wastepipe should have long ago retired with the likes of Mikel, yet he kept hanging around for what exactly ? Dreaming of one more WC, that fool can just fock off. He doesn't deserve any testimonial, his career is tarnished.

3) IGNORING THE MIDFIELD - For years I had been complaining about Rohr and his calling up 3 or 4 midfielders every international window. Even trying to play us for fools by listing Iheanacho, Ejuke, Amoo, Abraham Marcus and others as midfielders. I have been screaming for 2 years that we need to incorporate Ejaria, Nwobodo, Onyedika, Alhassan, yet to no avail. The clowns (Rohr and NFF) would rather call 10 strikers and 6 central defenders than to beef up our midfield. Even with key injuries, losing up to 2 midfielders for certain windows, the midfield was still ignored. Yet Shehu could keep getting invites, and we were told about his "versatility" yet he isn't particularly good at either of his supposed positions. Well like I have been telling you all for a long time, IGNORING THE MIDFIELD WILL HAUNT US ONE DAY. Well that day was against Ghana, A TEAM WHO PRIDES THEMSELVES IN MIDFIELD AND IS STACKED IN THAT POSITION. The fools still do not know that midfield IS THE MOST KEY POSITION IN FOOTBALL. Without it you are done. The clowns even tried to force Onazi upon us. In the end with Ndidi out and our once again lack of midfield callups (now Egu responsible), the calling up of an injured/unfit Etebo. I knew we had a problem. So Bonke gets injured, Onyeka gets injured and we are left with Shehu and an unfit Etebo to battle against Partey, Kudus, and Idrissu Baba. Are you focking kidding me ? And people expect to win with that garbage ? Let no coach ever pull this midfield neglect we witnessed under Rohr and Egu, and frankly other SE coaches as well. We deserve what we got.

4) WE HAVE A GOALKEEPING PROBLEM - Yes the elephant in the room has finally made some noise for us to all see clearly. We thought it was Okoye, but then an even worse blunder from Uzoho, who apparently hasn't even been playing for his club. Then we hear that John Noble isn't even the best keeper at his club. Again the problem of selecting players NOT BASED ON MERIT, has reared its ugly head. All these political callups hurt us, even when the players are not starters. Can we not call the best keeper in Nigeria to the team ? Can we not get that guy in Israel to come to camp ? These guys should be making Okoye and Uzoho fight for their positions, not just be some political callup who knows he aint going to play.

5) NO FOCUS ON TEAM PLAY - Remember it was Westerhoff who permenantly cut SiaSia from the starting lineup for failing to square a simple ball for a goal, but he went for a much harder shot. That is the kind of discipline we need instilled into the SE. How the likes of Moses Simon could just keep playing game after game while failing to pass to teammates who are well positioned to score, fail to find overlapping runs, and just dribble head down, just shows the lack of seriousness. There are many others as well, but he stands out for me. If a coach can just let this very immature and lack of seriousness fester in his team, then he is not a worthy coach. Whoever the new coach is must instruct his players to ALWAYS LOOK FOR THE SIMPLE PASS. Passing is how you kill teams. Our team is always so static. They do not move around to make themselves available for passes. Especially our midfielders and wingers. It is very lazy and casual play for the most part. If these players cannot do these basics, then they can sit for bench. Nobody is irreplacable. There should be no sentiments or bias. Do the basics, play for the team, our sit the fock out.

Anyways I needed to rant. These are the things that need to be addressed. Not "overhauling the team to rebuild" , not "too many foreign born" These are simple and fundamental things that need to be addressed

1) Callup players based 100% on merit. (Even the deep bench players)
2) Focus on team play and passing, AND OFF BALL MOVEMENT
3) Build up the midfield
4) Look for decent options in goalkeeping. Develop Uzoho and Okoye

It isnt rocket science, though we always make it out to be. Get a decent coach with a decent resume and focus on the above.
Your assessment, as usual, is based solely on the fact that your preferred players were not selected. What else is new? GIVE IT A REST❗️

Cheers.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

this is the most unintelligent thread this year
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
delisyomie don
Egg
Egg

Post by delisyomie don »

neither naija or ghana ready for this world cup,from the nation cup performance and ghana can not even get close to naija defence line except the blunder by goal keeper and naija have no striker to score , both are not ready evem tunisia is not ready, probalby senegal cameroun and morroco are ready .
thanks
delisyomie don
Egg
Egg

Post by delisyomie don »

Damunk wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 6:20 am I am still shell-shocked.
How?
why are you shock? i dont want to see us going out in first round that one is more sad . we were not ready the way we have been playing after covi whether covi catch eagles lol
thanks
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Undertaker wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 3:43 am

will never end.
If you call a 1-1 draw defeated and na your own be that! The worst team won on a 1-1 draw!!!!!! :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
can you imagine, I am still waiting for the loss .. 1-1 draw nah as$ whooping for some .. Italy lost to Macedonia but they've won 4 WCs and are currently the European champs. Algeria lost in the last few secs, after balling .Nigeria were unfortunate to be eliminated on some rubbish away goals rules. Senegal failed to advance in Russia via a coin toss.. crap happens. when it your day and luck is on your side , you will advance. it is unfortunate we didn't qualify and it isn't the end of the world.. and yes our players are miles ahead of the current ghana and Tunisian team.. sometime upsets do happen , we've been victors from many upsets as well as being victims.. we did lose to CAR in Lagos.. did CAR advance in anything ? abeg make we hear word
SuperEagles

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Damunk wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 6:20 am I am still shell-shocked.
How?
get over it and learn to take football as a sport. another 4 year will come and go . come AFCON 2023 who cares about Qatar 2022. are you still shocked about 2018 WC..abeg get yourself together. You've witnessed the SE at 6 WCs... just keep on eating healthy and excreting so you can see more worldcups... as far as it is God's will.. you better stop sulking .. it is football and it will not change your life
SuperEagles

shaq
Egg
Egg

Post by shaq »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 8:06 pm
Undertaker wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 3:43 am

will never end.
can you imagine, I am still waiting for the loss .. 1-1 draw nah as$ whooping for some .. Italy lost to Macedonia but they've won 4 WCs and are currently the European champs. Algeria lost in the last few secs, after balling .Nigeria were unfortunate to be eliminated on some rubbish away goals rules. Senegal failed to advance in Russia via a coin toss.. crap happens. when it your day and luck is on your side , you will advance. it is unfortunate we didn't qualify and it isn't the end of the world.. and yes our players are miles ahead of the current ghana and Tunisian team.. sometime upsets do happen , we've been victors from many upsets as well as being victims.. we did lose to CAR in Lagos.. did CAR advance in anything ? abeg make we hear word
So if it was your boy Rohr that was still at the helm, and not Eguavon, would you still be this generous if we got knocked out?
Asking for a friend :sneaky:
Rawlings
Egg
Egg

Post by Rawlings »

vancity eagle wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 11:17 pm
Other than the 4-1-9 penalty, all the 9 forwards u used could not score a SINGLE goal in 180mins of football with a so-called "the weakest Ghana team ever".
watch us in Qatar. we are bringing the cup to Africa
Nwabali -- Aina, Bassey, TroostEkong, Sanusi --- Chukwueze, Aribo, Ndidi, Iwobi --- Osimhem, Sadiq Umar