Muda Lawal

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle
Muda Lawal

Post by Bigpokey24 »

He had 86 caps for us, he was a beast in his days . A legend and one of the finest midfielders ever to come out of Nigeria
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Muda Lawal

Post by 1naija »

Was one of the best footballers Nigeria ever produced. The only players from that era that would make today's SE are Okala, Muda, and Christian Chuwku.

Odegbami would not even be invited to camp.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

1naija wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2023 7:49 pm Was one of the best footballers Nigeria ever produced. The only players from that era that would make today's SE are Okala, Muda, and Christian Chuwku.

Simon Moses is Berra than uncle sege. :laugh:
OCCUPY NFF!!
fledy
Egg
Egg

Post by fledy »

The great Mudashirudeen Babatunde Lawal!!!
Wow
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

fledy wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2023 10:40 pm The great Mudashirudeen Babatunde Lawal!!!
Wow
"Muda was a welder before he became a footballer. Stark illiterate. But from the crown of his head to his toenails (demonstrating), he was a football! That's all he knew. Even the welding, he was just an apprentice. But football was his life. He would practice with his ball four five times a day when everyone has(sic) gone home."

- Late Chief Femi Olukanmi (RIP)
Chairman IICC FC,
Founder 'Complete Football' magazine.

Talking to Cybereagles, June 2004.
Continued here.

"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

1naija wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2023 7:49 pm Was one of the best footballers Nigeria ever produced. The only players from that era that would make today's SE are Okala, Muda, and Christian Chuwku.

I dont know about that
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Know about what? There are several statement of fact made there.
jette1 wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 7:59 pm

I dont know about that
solo
Egg
Egg

Post by solo »

He was the one player at the stadium every day climbing the staircase nonstop for a long time, sometimes even after their training sections at Liberty stadium and later at Adamasingba Stadium. I believe that was why he was able to cover the MF efficiently.
Aswani
Egg
Egg

Post by Aswani »

solo wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 9:04 pm He was the one player at the stadium every day climbing the staircase nonstop for a long time, sometimes even after their training sections at Liberty stadium and later at Adamasingba Stadium. I believe that was why he was able to cover the MF efficiently.
And towards the end of his career (i.e. Stores in the late 80's), he held his own by not running as much but positioning and passing at the right time and to the right place.

We still haven't replaced him and Atuegbu in central midfield.
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

You are a joker.

Amasimeka, Odegbami and possibly Owo Blow would stroll into any SE team.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Adokie was good, but no coach would start him over Finiidi or Amunike.

As for Odegbami and Owo blow, they won't even beat Ikedia for a spot on the SE. We are talking about international football , not some school yard amateur football that Odegbami was good at. Keep emotion out of it.

Aswani wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 11:08 pm
solo wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 9:04 pm He was the one player at the stadium every day climbing the staircase nonstop for a long time, sometimes even after their training sections at Liberty stadium and later at Adamasingba Stadium. I believe that was why he was able to cover the MF efficiently.
And towards the end of his career (i.e. Stores in the late 80's), he held his own by not running as much but positioning and passing at the right time and to the right place.

We still haven't replaced him and Atuegbu in central midfield.
Zelex
Egg
Egg

Post by Zelex »

He grew up on the same street (Adedoja, Odi Olowo) with my dad in Mushin. They played street football together. I think street vs street competitions at Mushin district primary school field, Idi Oro. Top class footballer.
Zelex-CE World Cup 2010 prediction Winner
http://forum.cybereagles.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=177767