New Zealand 0:3 Nigeria - final…

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: New Zealand 0:3 Nigeria - final…

Post by jette1 »

Gadfly wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 7:48 pm
Cellular wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 5:52 pm By-the-way, I like Tony Payne and the new discovery from the US, Jennifer Echegini partnership in the middle. The girl can play and has lots of energy. Michelle Alozie at RB is good so is her counterpart on the left side.
Isn't that Halimatu Ayinde?
Ayinde was not that pitch
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
Ugbowo
Egg
Egg

Post by Ugbowo »

Another solid performance by the Falcons for the minutes we were able to watch on the Jamaican guys feed and NFFs feed.

I loved Oshoala today. Her best game for the Falcons in YEARS! Her hold up play was fantastic and she made herself available and connected well with her teammates, especially with Esther and Alozie. Long may it continue.

Michelle was hell bent on attacking and tormenting that left back today to whip in crosses. She was relentless and it eventually paid off with the cross for the second goal.

Another great performance for T-Payne in the #10/free role. Made very slick combination plays. Just need a better final ball.

We defended better as a unit today. I still have my issues with Onome but she was OK today and Demehin is really growing. Ashleigh's injury gave her a chance to play some good minutes.

Jennifer continues her good run of form and a more than decent cameo for Oparanozie, which deserved the third goal.

I am very happy with the team after this camp. No more stupid experimentation. Players are in more stabilized roles and it showed. I hope they continue to build on this.
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

Ugbowo wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 8:42 pm Another solid performance by the Falcons for the minutes we were able to watch on the Jamaican guys feed and NFFs feed.

I loved Oshoala today. Her best game for the Falcons in YEARS! Her hold up play was fantastic and she made herself available and connected well with her teammates, especially with Esther and Alozie. Long may it continue.

Michelle was hell bent on attacking and tormenting that left back today to whip in crosses. She was relentless and it eventually paid off with the cross for the second goal.

Another great performance for T-Payne in the #10/free role. Made very slick combination plays. Just need a better final ball.

We defended better as a unit today. I still have my issues with Onome but she was OK today and Demehin is really growing. Ashleigh's injury gave her a chance to play some good minutes.

Jennifer continues her good run of form and a more than decent cameo for Oparanozie, which deserved the third goal.

I am very happy with the team after this camp. No more stupid experimentation. Players are in more stabilized roles and it showed. I hope they continue to build on this.
I don’t know about your ‘no more experimentation’ considering that Ayinde, ordega and Ohale were not there and all 3 MUST be in 1st eleven barring injuries

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Cellular wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 5:52 pmThat's the captain Ebi Onome. She is about to play in her 6th WC. What she lacks in speed she makes it up with experience and her organizational skills. With each passing game she is getting fitter.

And yeah, I agree she could do with dropping a few pounds to get to her ideal playing weight but she seems to be carrying this weight well. My concern will be how will she hold up with games cramped into a short timeframe.

By-the-way, I like Tony Payne and the new discovery from the US, Jennifer Echegini partnership in the middle. The girl can play and has lots of energy. Michelle Alozie at RB is good so is her counterpart on the left side.
Ebi is unlikely to be a starter at the WC…
Ohale and Demehin have been starters in the past few games, and only Ohale’s absence and Plumptre’s injury saw Ebi starting.
1naija wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 6:26 pmUncle, the highlighted is Bullshait. The Americans were blowing past our defense with her experience and her organizational skills any and anyhow in the friendlies last year.
Onome Ebi did NOT play in either of our 2 friendlies against the US last year…. :lol:
>
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

Gotti wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 9:10 pm
Cellular wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 5:52 pmThat's the captain Ebi Onome. She is about to play in her 6th WC. What she lacks in speed she makes it up with experience and her organizational skills. With each passing game she is getting fitter.

And yeah, I agree she could do with dropping a few pounds to get to her ideal playing weight but she seems to be carrying this weight well. My concern will be how will she hold up with games cramped into a short timeframe.

By-the-way, I like Tony Payne and the new discovery from the US, Jennifer Echegini partnership in the middle. The girl can play and has lots of energy. Michelle Alozie at RB is good so is her counterpart on the left side.
Ebi is unlikely to be a starter at the WC…
Ohale and Demehin have been starters in the past few games, and only Ohale’s absence and Plumptre’s injury saw Ebi starting.
1naija wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 6:26 pmUncle, the highlighted is Bullshait. The Americans were blowing past our defense with her experience and her organizational skills any and anyhow in the friendlies last year.
Except that Onome Ebi did NOT play in either of our 2 friendlies against the US last year…. :lol:
>
Thanks, Chief Gotti.
I like the depth of the squad.
They are actually finally watchable.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Ugbowo wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 8:42 pm Another solid performance by the Falcons for the minutes we were able to watch on the Jamaican guys feed and NFFs feed.

Doubtful that Ashleigh’s injury has anything to do with Tosin’s minutes…
Tosin has started the past few games and likely ahead of Ashleigh in the CD depth chart.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Cellular wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 9:14 pmThanks, Chief Gotti.
Agreed… :agree:

First time I’ve enjoyed watching the team play under Coach Randy…
Hopefully, things will all come together in good time for the WC finals! 🇳🇬🥳
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Gadfly
Egg
Egg

Post by Gadfly »

jette1 wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 8:17 pm
Cellular wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 5:52 pm By-the-way, I like Tony Payne and the new discovery from the US, Jennifer Echegini partnership in the middle. The girl can play and has lots of energy. Michelle Alozie at RB is good so is her counterpart on the left side.
She is #18.
Gadfly
Egg
Egg

Post by Gadfly »

Gotti wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 9:28 pm
Cellular wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 9:14 pmThanks, Chief Gotti.
Agreed… :agree:

First time I’ve enjoyed watching the team play under Coach Randy…
Hopefully, things will all come together in good time for the WC finals! 🇳🇬🥳
I watched the first half before going to the Office, and I agree that the team was watchable today.
Ugbowo
Egg
Egg

Post by Ugbowo »

jette1 wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 8:46 pm

I don’t know about your ‘no more experimentation’ considering that Ayinde, ordega and Ohale were not there and all 3 MUST be in 1st eleven barring injuries
I dont know how Ordega gets into that from 3. Esther Oshoala and Rasheedat were good in this camp. You still have Kanu, Gift Monday coming behind and Vivian Ikechukwu as well. I won't count Onumonu because she's more in competition with Assisat and Desire. Tough competition for Franny.

Ohale Ebi Ashleigh and Demehin is a toss up at this point who the 2 starters will be. I love the competition though.

Midfield as well with Uchebe, Ayinde, Okobi and Jennifer all capable of playing.

Randy finally has the balls to bench players and see it as a strength not a weakness.
Ugbowo
Egg
Egg

Post by Ugbowo »

Gotti wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 9:17 pm

Doubtful that Ashleigh’s injury has anything to do with Tosin’s minutes…
Tosin has started the past few games and likely ahead of Ashleigh in the CD depth chart.
Randy really loves Ashleigh. He always finds a way to play her. I am sure she would have featured if she was fully fit.
Gadfly
Egg
Egg

Post by Gadfly »

Gadfly wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 9:35 pm
She is #18.

wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Sadly, this will keep Randy in the job.

☹️
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

After these two games in which we can all agree that we’ve looked a lot better than we have in a while, do y’all still think Randy Waldrum is a glorified PT teacher? Personally, I think he made a statement to the contrary this past week❗️

Cheers.
Last edited by TonyTheTigerKiller on Wed Apr 12, 2023 2:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

Cellular wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 5:52 pm
1naija wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 5:06 pm That our number 5 with the blond hair need to shed a few pounds before the tournament o. She was able to kwak some slow New Zealand players, but those Americans dudes will blow past her. You can't kwak someone you can't catch.
iworo wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 4:38 pm
1naija wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 4:29 pm Any highlights?
That's the captain Ebi Onome. She is about to play in her 6th WC. What she lacks in speed she makes it up with experience and her organizational skills. With each passing game she is getting fitter.

I prefer Alozie in the position she plays for her club (forward/midfield) even though I believe she has the potential to become a world class wing-back like Crystal Dunn that plays for the U.S.
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
iworo
Egg
Egg

Post by iworo »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Wed Apr 12, 2023 2:20 am After these two games in which we can all agree that we’ve looked a lot better than we have in a while, do y’all still think Randy Waldrum is a glorified PT teacher? Personally, I think he made a statement to the contrary this past week❗️

Cheers.
I for one initially misjudged the coach, but I basically gave him a benefit of the doubt before the start of WAFCON tournament and the man has been serving me humble pie, hot cold and with custard :lol: . He's showing us that a new coach needs time to build chemistry with their players and to implement his own system.

The recent good result was not completely out of the blue for me, because I have been saying it loud and clear that, this is the most talented gallant Super Falcons team ever. They just need to play together as one unit, play for each other and work on their finishing in the attacking third.

Our performances have been getting better and our attacking play is getting better gradually. I also love the fact that he has a system in place where players have to earn their spot compared to Super Eagles :wink: .

My comment at the end of WAFCON.

My comment at the end of Revelations Cup.
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

wiseone wrote: Wed Apr 12, 2023 12:50 am Sadly, this will keep Randy in the job.

☹️
You no longer has that option; He has opted out once World Cup is done

Adisboy
Egg
Egg

Post by Adisboy »

Ayinde
was not that pitch
O'boy you need glasses. Ayinde played the whole 90 mins. Which game did you watch.
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Which leaves him plenty of opportunity to embarrass Nigerian football at the World Cup.
jette1 wrote: Wed Apr 12, 2023 5:54 am
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

wiseone wrote: Wed Apr 12, 2023 12:05 pm Which leaves him plenty of opportunity to embarrass Nigerian football at the World Cup.
I’m not saying he’s a good coach and they may not even win a single game but this team is built not to get embarrassed. Go look at their record. Embarrassment to me is the SE losing to Denmark 4-1 or the Falcon team that lost to the USA 7-1. Now that Falcon team eventually reached the quarterfinals.
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

I agree our performances are improving somewhat. However, we shouldn't get carried away by the win against NZ since they are winless in their last 10 matches:

https://i.stuff.co.nz/sport/football/wo ... to-nigeria
iworo wrote: Wed Apr 12, 2023 5:38 am
TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Wed Apr 12, 2023 2:20 am After these two games in which we can all agree that we’ve looked a lot better than we have in a while, do y’all still think Randy Waldrum is a glorified PT teacher? Personally, I think he made a statement to the contrary this past week❗️

Cheers.
I for one initially misjudged the coach, but I basically gave him a benefit of the doubt before the start of WAFCON tournament and the man has been serving me humble pie, hot cold and with custard :lol: . He's showing us that a new coach needs time to build chemistry with their players and to implement his own system.

The recent good result was not completely out of the blue for me, because I have been saying it loud and clear that, this is the most talented gallant Super Falcons team ever. They just need to play together as one unit, play for each other and work on their finishing in the attacking third.

Our performances have been getting better and our attacking play is getting better gradually. I also love the fact that he has a system in place where players have to earn their spot compared to Super Eagles :wink: .

My comment at the end of WAFCON.

My comment at the end of Revelations Cup.
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

packerland wrote: Wed Apr 12, 2023 12:31 pm
wiseone wrote: Wed Apr 12, 2023 12:05 pm Which leaves him plenty of opportunity to embarrass Nigerian football at the World Cup.
I’m not saying he’s a good coach and they may not even win a single game but this team is built not to get embarrassed. Go look at their record. Embarrassment to me is the SE losing to Denmark 4-1 or the Falcon team that lost to the USA 7-1. Now that Falcon team eventually reached the quarterfinals.
Nothing we have seen support your theory but assuming that defense is their mainstay; one would argue that it is the correct posture to have going into a tournament like world cup where all you need is a single goal (if you concede non) to secure maximum points. Hence you could counter at opportunities and score against run of play. Yes they stayed compact but they didn't stop attacking against the US/ Canada/ Jamaica/ Portugal/ Haiti/ New Zealand.

packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

jette1 wrote: Wed Apr 12, 2023 9:25 pm
packerland wrote: Wed Apr 12, 2023 12:31 pm
Nothing we have seen support your theory but assuming that defense is their mainstay; one would argue that it is the correct posture to have going into a tournament like world cup where all you need is a single goal (if you concede non) to secure maximum points. Hence you could counter at opportunities and score against run of play. Yes they stayed compact but they didn't stop attacking against the US/ Canada/ Jamaica/ Portugal/ Haiti/ New Zealand.
In their last 18 games the team haven’t conceded more than 2 goals. If that is not good defense then I don’t know what is. The team reminds me of Rohr’s team. A team coached by a below average coach with a bend but don’t break defense. I see them drawing or losing 2-1 to the top teams. They have shown that with draws and close loses to the US, Japan, Canada & Colombia.