Jordan Torunarigha agrees to play for Nigeria

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Yiba
Egg
Egg
Jordan Torunarigha agrees to play for Nigeria

Post by Yiba »

I read in Kicker that Jordan will wear our Super Eagles colors soon after much thought. He has his eyes set for the World cup in 2026 as an Eagle. Hopefully, during the September games of the Super Eagles, he will make his debut.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Jordan Torunarigha agrees to play for Nigeria

Post by Damunk »

Yiba wrote: Mon Jun 12, 2023 12:33 pm I read in Kicker that Jordan will wear our Super Eagles colors soon after much thought. He has his eyes set for the World cup in 2026 as an Eagle. Hopefully, during the September games of the Super Eagles, he will make his debut.
A bit presumptuous of the writer to state: "Former Hertha player Torunarigha to play for Nigeria in the future" as if he will just walk into the SE defensive line-up.
Fortunately Jordan himself is a little more modest: "My aim is to make the 2026 World Cup squad".

Good luck to him. Lets hope he turns out to be more productive defensively than Akpoguma has been so far.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Agrees!? Instead of what? :laugh:
Walahi…. NFF should make him serve in youth corps for a yr before playing for Nigeria. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
OCCUPY NFF!!
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

The boy no get luck! He played U20 WC and Olympics for Germany crashing out in the first round both times.
I am happy
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Dammy wrote: Mon Jun 12, 2023 1:32 pm The boy no get luck! He played U20 WC and Olympics for Germany crashing out in the first round both times.
Luck is always a losing strategy in football. What about the other German players? Na him spoil their luck?
OCCUPY NFF!!
iworo
Egg
Egg

Post by iworo »

“I have given it a lot of thought,” revealed Torunarigha, as per Ran. “My father has already played for the Nigerian national team, so I’m really happy that I can follow in his footsteps now.” His eyes are firmly set on the ultimate prize, as he added, “My goal is to be part of the Nigerian team at the 2026 World Cup.”
nzeogwu
Egg
Egg

Post by nzeogwu »

How many of you foresee a defensive pairing of Jordan, Tosin and also Uduokhai in that mix by 2026?
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

nzeogwu wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2023 12:08 pm How many of you foresee a defensive pairing of Jordan, Tosin and also Uduokhai in that mix by 2026?
2026 is a long way away.
Hopefully a Nigerian of Osimhen status could emerge, totally unknown to us today.
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Damunk wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2023 1:01 pm
nzeogwu wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2023 12:08 pm How many of you foresee a defensive pairing of Jordan, Tosin and also Uduokhai in that mix by 2026?
2026 is a long way away.
Hopefully a Nigerian of Osimhen status could emerge, totally unknown to us today.
Ogwuche and Frederick hopefully
I am happy
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Udokhai already represented Germany at senior level.
OCCUPY NFF!!
oyek
Egg
Egg

Post by oyek »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2023 3:05 pm
He's only played for their Olympic team
If not for Jesus, where will i be?
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

He was an unused substitute in the only call-up he got to the full national team
I am happy
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Dammy wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2023 10:27 pm
He was an unused substitute in the only call-up he got to the full national team
So he’ll change country because he was an unused sub? Shame no catch you? We don’t want no leftovers bro.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2023 3:43 am
Dammy wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2023 10:27 pm
So he’ll change country because he was an unused sub? Shame no catch you? We don’t want no leftovers bro.
Lol you talk with the confidence of someone whose national team produces an abundance of defenders like a chocolate factory. Abeg if the likes of Torunarigha and Uduokhai want to rep the GWG, they are more than welcome o
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

Wasn’t he the one whose dad insulted us? I’m all for foreign born players playing for us, but the commitment/relationship has to be mutual.
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

packerland wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2023 1:38 pm Wasn’t he the one whose dad insulted us? I’m all for foreign born players playing for us, but the commitment/relationship has to be mutual.
Maybe.
Or maybe it was Iorfa....
But at least one of them did.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Damunk wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2023 4:17 pm
packerland wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2023 1:38 pm Wasn’t he the one whose dad insulted us? I’m all for foreign born players playing for us, but the commitment/relationship has to be mutual.
Maybe.
I think you were the one who posted something about this a few weeks ago, and I began to think whether I have confused things over the last few years. I know Iorfa's father definitely insulted us. Torunarigha, i can vaguely remember the father insulting us, but as time has passed, I am beginning to have second thoughts. I know his father definitely said something against his son playing for us. but not sure if it was an insult.

Baba Iorfa definitely insulted us and doubled-down ready to deal with any Nigerian who suggested his son wears the Eagles shirt.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

danfo driver wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2023 4:28 pm
Damunk wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2023 4:17 pm
Maybe.
I think you were the one who posted something about this a few weeks ago, and I began to think whether I have confused things over the last few years. I know Iorfa's father definitely insulted us. Torunarigha, i can vaguely remember the father insulting us, but as time has passed, I am beginning to have second thoughts. I know his father definitely said something against his son playing for us. but not sure if it was an insult.

Baba Iorfa definitely insulted us and doubled-down ready to deal with any Nigerian who suggested his son wears the Eagles shirt.
I am not too sure either way, but my instincts tell me it was Iorfa, which you have confirmed.
I think because they are both ex-Eagles players with footballer sons, its easier to confuse the two, or attribute the disrespect to both. There's also the German connection to further confuse the picture.

But I'm sure encycs like Gotti will be able to clarify...
Aswani
Egg
Egg

Post by Aswani »

I saw young Iorfa live 2 months ago playing for Wednesday, admittedly the whole team were poor that day but I think Dominic did us a favour insulting us. His son is a tall guy that eats up a lot in the air but very poor positionally and not comfortable being run at.
chuks69
Egg
Egg

Post by chuks69 »

Jordan now plays in Belgium which is below the Budensliga, hence all hopes of wearing the German colors are all extinguished.
Hence he is now ready to play for Nigeria. He didnt play for us, when he was riding high in Budensliga.. However he should be invited to compete for shirt; with no special preferences..
afc##
nzeogwu
Egg
Egg

Post by nzeogwu »

I played with and against Ojokojo Torunarigha in Ibadan. Back in 1982. At no point in time has he ever said that his son would not play for Nigeria. He did say that he was treated poorly by the then NFA.

Iorfa senior initially said that his son would not consider Nigeria until he was 23. We all know what happened next.

Some how players that shun Naija don’t typically fare well. I.e Fashanu, Ehiogu, Agbonlahor, Sidney Sam….

I pray that Eze and Saka end well.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

chuks69 wrote: Sat Jun 17, 2023 2:54 pm
Jordan now plays in Belgium which is below the Budensliga, hence all hopes of wearing the German colors are all extinguished.
Hence he is now ready to play for Nigeria. He didnt play for us, when he was riding high in Budensliga.. However he should be invited to compete for shirt; with no special preferences..

Hells naw! Why should he get preference over younger players who have similar potential and have remained in our football program from a young age? Players like Lawali and Akpalaka should be given priority, we have to have standards.
OCCUPY NFF!!