1 reason why u support your club ?

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Marc
Egg
Egg

Post by Marc »

junior wrote:
felarey wrote:
Marc wrote:
goldfeet wrote:Arsenal for being the only EPL team NEVER to be relegated i.e. reliability. Anyway, Kanu sealed it for me, so.................................................................it's will always be ARSENAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
They were relegated post war, but ended up in the First Division after the war. :wink:
To add to that, they were promoted through a vote after finishing in 6th place in the old 2nd division and not football.
Marc you actually meant PRE-war. Arsenal was relegated after winning only one game in 1913.
whoopsy :oops:
He's magic! You know! You'll never get past Joe Yobo!
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

khalela wrote:
ikwerreman wrote:Liverpool is a family club for us as we grew up in the city.
I remember the FA Cup semi final in the late 70s against Man U that ended 2-2.
Man U won the replay by a Jimmy Greenhorf 77th minute goal.
I hated Man U and was happy Arsenal beat them in the final
I have been a Liverpool fan since then

As for Dolphins; i got tired of the fact that Sharks could not win anything and i crossed over in 1991. I have not regretted that move yet
My friend,commot from hia and get busy :taunt: :taunt: !!This CE addiction dey serious oh :lol: :lol:
Nor mind am. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

junior wrote:
felarey wrote:
Marc wrote:
goldfeet wrote:Arsenal for being the only EPL team NEVER to be relegated i.e. reliability. Anyway, Kanu sealed it for me, so.................................................................it's will always be ARSENAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
They were relegated post war, but ended up in the First Division after the war. :wink:
To add to that, they were promoted through a vote after finishing in 6th place in the old 2nd division and not football.
Marc you actually meant PRE-war. Arsenal was relegated after winning only one game in 1913.
Just like Arsenal are the only team to go unbeaten in a league season in the modern era of the professional football league, Arsenal are also unique for being the only team not to be relegated from the Football League. This is fact, it does not mater how you lot try to tell falsehoods with una bad belle, it is FACT. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
khalela
Egg
Egg

Post by khalela »

The club chose me.I never stood a chance 8-)
It was that the pasillo was followed by a paseo - a walk in the park. That Madrid ran out 4-1 winners and lead Barcelona by 17 points, that Barcelona can no longer get second place and could only watch as Ruud van Nistelrooy and Higuaín scored with their first touches, as Mahamadou Diarra ran rings around their midfield and as the Bernabéu roared "¡olé!" That Joan Laporta listened to fans - Madrid fans - chanting: "Laporta please stay!"

Sid Lowe,2008
goldfeet
Egg
Egg

Post by goldfeet »

Marc wrote:

NEVER relegated since they came up to the old 1st div.
''the 60000+ Arsenal fans dont need a goal to get them on their feet cheering the sleek moves of their ten men team as they destroy portsmouth'' - commentator

PATRIOTISM IS OUR FUTURE
goldfeet
Egg
Egg

Post by goldfeet »

felarey wrote:
Marc wrote:

and have remained in the 1st div ever since
''the 60000+ Arsenal fans dont need a goal to get them on their feet cheering the sleek moves of their ten men team as they destroy portsmouth'' - commentator

PATRIOTISM IS OUR FUTURE
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

I grew up a Rangers fan, please dont ask me why, any kid would love that all white jersey and the sound of Holy, Holy Holy being rendered by their fans. Any kid would love the sight of man mountain called Okalla standing in between the post. Any kid would love the sound of names like Ogidi Ibeabuchi, Keneth Abana,Stanley Okoronkwo, those were names that sticks and made an everlasting impression on the mind of a young kid.

I hated Shooting with a passion although they played a better brand of football, the fact that they were a our main rivals just helped me to hate them. Even up till the time i saw signing for them, i still had this things against them. There were lots of ugly rumours about the team, especially their tactical formation and deployment, for a kid it was scary. The only sympathy i have for them now is because i played for them.

Coming to the EPL , they say that you can only have one love, well my one love remains Rangers, but my EPL teams have gone through several changes. As a kid watching star soccer, the name Bremner made Leeds an attractive to me, but in 1981 i saw two Argentines did some wonderful things against Man City, a certain Ricardo Villa weaving through the Man City team converted me to a Spurs Fan.

But in 1994 i came to England with the SE and we went to JJB stores and for whatever reason i bought a Arsenal jersey, more because it was Nike and it looked damn attractive. 3 years later i came to live in London and i discovered everyone had a team, then i remembered i already bought a Gunners jersey, so i stayed Gunner. I stayed Gunner for 8 years and decided i have had enough of the emnotional high and low associated with football. Since then i have been on my own freeing up my emotions and expectactions.
felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by felarey »

oloye wrote:I grew up a Rangers fan, please dont ask me why, any kid would love that all white jersey and the sound of Holy, Holy Holy being rendered by their fans. Any kid would love the sight of man mountain called Okalla standing in between the post. Any kid would love the sound of names like Ogidi Ibeabuchi, Keneth Abana,Stanley Okoronkwo, those were names that sticks and made an everlasting impression on the mind of a young kid.

I hated Shooting with a passion although they played a better brand of football, the fact that they were a our main rivals just helped me to hate them. Even up till the time i saw signing for them, i still had this things against them. There were lots of ugly rumours about the team, especially their tactical formation and deployment, for a kid it was scary. The only sympathy i have for them now is because i played for them.

Coming to the EPL , they say that you can only have one love, well my one love remains Rangers, but my EPL teams have gone through several changes. As a kid watching star soccer, the name Bremner made Leeds an attractive to me, but in 1981 i saw two Argentines did some wonderful things against Man City, a certain Ricardo Villa weaving through the Man City team converted me to a Spurs Fan.

But in 1994 i came to England with the SE and we went to JJB stores and for whatever reason i bought a Arsenal jersey, more because it was Nike and it looked damn attractive. 3 years later i came to live in London and i discovered everyone had a team, then i remembered i already bought a Gunners jersey, so i stayed Gunner. I stayed Gunner for 8 years and decided i have had enough of the emnotional high and low associated with football. Since then i have been on my own freeing up my emotions and expectactions.
Can you imagine where you'd be today if you had bought a Man Utd shirt instead? :P

Support Manchester United, it pays :D :D :D
"Winning one trophy is good, I tell you. No matter what trophy it might be, you've got to take it.” - Sir Alex Ferguson

ENGLISH PREMIERSHIP CHAMP20NS, UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINN3RS
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

felarey wrote:
oloye wrote:I grew up a Rangers fan, please dont ask me why, any kid would love that all white jersey and the sound of Holy, Holy Holy being rendered by their fans. Any kid would love the sight of man mountain called Okalla standing in between the post. Any kid would love the sound of names like Ogidi Ibeabuchi, Keneth Abana,Stanley Okoronkwo, those were names that sticks and made an everlasting impression on the mind of a young kid.

Can you imagine where you'd be today if you had bought a Man Utd shirt instead? :P

YOu this man , now you are going to make me confess this. I bought a video from the stores alonside with that Gunners shirt, it was ManU' 1992/93 season review. It had Kanchelski, Schmeichel, Mark Hughes, Cantona, Parker and they were doing wonders in that video. Let me just say i converted the whole of Gboko to ManU fans with that video and i was flirting with Manu until i arrived in London and some oyinbo londoners asked me in a conversation the team that i support. I opened my mouth and said Manchester united, mmm you need to see the look on their face, it was at the time everyone all over the country hated Man u. The guys simply said, for a bloody foreigner coming to live in London, i must have the balls to be supporting Man U, he added why cant i support Chelsea at least for the sake of Babayaro and Gullit.

Wo i got the message, Man U fans were not wanted in London and for someone who was living in north london, the last thing i wanted was making enemies in my early days.
It was then i remembered i bought a Gunners jersey, i simply dusted it and voila i became an ashewo Gunner.
felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by felarey »

oloye wrote:
felarey wrote:

YOu this man , now you are going to make me confess this. I bought a video from the stores alonside with that Gunners shirt, it was ManU' 1992/93 season review. It had Kanchelski, Schmeichel, Mark Hughes, Cantona, Parker and they were doing wonders in that video. Let me just say i converted the whole of Gboko to ManU fans with that video and i was flirting with Manu until i arrived in London and some oyinbo londoners asked me in a conversation the team that i support. I opened my mouth and said Manchester united, mmm you need to see the look on their face, it was at the time everyone all over the country hated Man u. The guys simply said, for a bloody foreigner coming to live in London, i must have the balls to be supporting Man U, he added why cant i support Chelsea at least for the sake of Babayaro and Gullit.

Wo i got the message, Man U fans were not wanted in London and for someone who was living in north london, the last thing i wanted was making enemies in my early days.
It was then i remembered i bought a Gunners jersey, i simply dusted it and voila i became an ashewo Gunner.
WHOA! :shock: You got robbed of a decade of glory. I can imagine how grateful those peeps at Gboko are to you by now. That said, you're welcome home. Once a red, always a red. :D
"Winning one trophy is good, I tell you. No matter what trophy it might be, you've got to take it.” - Sir Alex Ferguson

ENGLISH PREMIERSHIP CHAMP20NS, UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINN3RS
ogiso
Egg
Egg

Post by ogiso »

Someone said that a Yoruba boy should not support Enugu Rangers, so I did! African Cup Winners game against IICC in Kaduna in 1977 was a joy.

Spurs because Ardiles wore number 1 Jersey in the 1978 World Cup and I took a shine to him. He was later signed up by Spurs with Ricky Villa. When I came to the UK there was only one way to go.
skillful
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by skillful »

went to duncome jnr school archway n19 started supporting them on a school visit and saw david o leary, pat jenning and pat rice. Everybody in the area only supported one team.
Arsenal thru and thru. :D
My favorite player in those days was super mac
"I first saw David Rocastle play in 1983 for the youth team. I remember coming home excitedly from the match and telling my family, "I've just watched the nearest thing to a Brazilian footballer you are ever likely to see - and he comes from Lewisham." - David Dein on Rocky Rocastle
Gadfly
Egg
Egg

Post by Gadfly »

Nigeria Standard FC. The team that was was started by Clement Oluwole (the Sports Editor of The Nigerian Standard) and himself a former Plateau Highlanders player. The team was created to, hopefully, break the National Challenge Cup jinx that Plateau United (old version) Plateau Highlanders and later Mighty Jets, could not make dent in. There was Fidelis Atuegbu (youngest of the Atuegbu playing brothers), Tunde Adedara (Shabara), Idris Abubakar, founding skipper Bernard Ogbe (now a successful Coach), Player-Coach Emma Abia, Harold Ebuga,... Mighty Jets fans could not accept the interlopper (just like they did with Plateau Dynamos (owned and operated by Layiwola Olagbemiro). Ah, Jos, with teams like Electricity Corporation, Octopus, Dynamos, Jets, etc., those were the days.
ikwerreman
Egg
Egg

Post by ikwerreman »

khalela wrote:
ikwerreman wrote:Liverpool is a family club for us as we grew up in the city.
I remember the FA Cup semi final in the late 70s against Man U that ended 2-2.
Man U won the replay by a Jimmy Greenhorf 77th minute goal.
I hated Man U and was happy Arsenal beat them in the final
I have been a Liverpool fan since then

As for Dolphins; i got tired of the fact that Sharks could not win anything and i crossed over in 1991. I have not regretted that move yet
My friend,commot from hia and get busy :taunt: :taunt: !!This CE addiction dey serious oh :lol: :lol:

This is totally out of line.
I do not deserve this.
Look at my post count, my average post per day and compare it with some chaps on this forum and please direct that comment at them
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Gadfly wrote:Nigeria Standard FC. The team that was was started by Clement Oluwole (the Sports Editor of The Nigerian Standard) and himself a former Plateau Highlanders player. The team was created to, hopefully, break the National Challenge Cup jinx that Plateau United (old version) Plateau Highlanders and later Mighty Jets, could not make dent in. There was Fidelis Atuegbu (youngest of the Atuegbu playing brothers), Tunde Adedara (Shabara), Idris Abubakar, founding skipper Bernard Ogbe (now a successful Coach), Player-Coach Emma Abia, Harold Ebuga,... Mighty Jets fans could not accept the interlopper (just like they did with Plateau Dynamos (owned and operated by Layiwola Olagbemiro). Ah, Jos, with teams like Electricity Corporation, Octopus, Dynamos, Jets, etc., those were the days.
I feel you bros, istill remember that name Octopus of Jos. By the way what is Shabash up to these days, that is one serious brother i would love to see again.
Gadfly
Egg
Egg
Re:

Post by Gadfly »

oloye wrote: Wed Aug 06, 2008 4:03 pm
Gadfly wrote:Nigeria Standard FC. The team that was was started by Clement Oluwole (the Sports Editor of The Nigerian Standard) and himself a former Plateau Highlanders player. The team was created to, hopefully, break the National Challenge Cup jinx that Plateau United (old version) Plateau Highlanders and later Mighty Jets, could not make dent in. There was Fidelis Atuegbu (youngest of the Atuegbu playing brothers), Tunde Adedara (Shabara), Idris Abubakar, founding skipper Bernard Ogbe (now a successful Coach), Player-Coach Emma Abia, Harold Ebuga,... Mighty Jets fans could not accept the interlopper (just like they did with Plateau Dynamos (owned and operated by Layiwola Olagbemiro). Ah, Jos, with teams like Electricity Corporation, Octopus, Dynamos, Jets, etc., those were the days.
I feel you bros, istill remember that name Octopus of Jos. By the way what is Shabash up to these days, that is one serious brother i would love to see again.
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: 1 reason why u support your club ?

Post by Eaglezbeak »

Arsenal because as a Londoner it was 20 minutes on the tube to Highbury and the 1989 league win was so dramatic I just couldn’t get it off my mind!
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: 1 reason why u support your club ?

Post by Scipio Africanus »

Abeg drop kick dis thread to World Football forum!

Wha choo looking at?!