Michael Emenalo

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

joao
Egg
Egg
Re: Michael Emenalo

Post by joao »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2023 4:59 am
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2023 1:40 am So Emenalo gets congratulations for going to the so called low quality league but our players that choose to play in Saudi get dropped from SE. What kind of a hypocrisy is that? Isbthe league now world class because Emenalo has joined?
Good financial move for him but not as good a professional move.
The SPL has hired an extremely competent individual who will help to upgrade the SPL. Within the next 3 seasons, the SPL will probably become as viable as any league outside of Europe’s top 5. That’s the kind of move Nigeria should have made. I still think it’s a darned shame that the NFF did not poach Emenalo for the SuperEagles job❗️

Cheers.
You must be kidding with regards the highlighted. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Will you take a job with Nigeria today, when your salary will be delayed,
paid in parts, or taken by someone who did nothing, thus leaving you hanging?

Congratulations to Emenalo, He made the right move.
"We now live in a nation where doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, universities destroy knowledge,
governments destroy freedom, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and our banks destroy the economy.”

― Chris Hedges
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

joao wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2023 5:39 pm
TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2023 4:59 am
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2023 1:40 am So Emenalo gets congratulations for going to the so called low quality league but our players that choose to play in Saudi get dropped from SE. What kind of a hypocrisy is that? Isbthe league now world class because Emenalo has joined?
Good financial move for him but not as good a professional move.
The SPL has hired an extremely competent individual who will help to upgrade the SPL. Within the next 3 seasons, the SPL will probably become as viable as any league outside of Europe’s top 5. That’s the kind of move Nigeria should have made. I still think it’s a darned shame that the NFF did not poach Emenalo for the SuperEagles job❗️

Cheers.
You must be kidding with regards the highlighted. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Will you take a job with Nigeria today, when your salary will be delayed,
paid in parts, or taken by someone who did nothing, thus leaving you hanging?

Congratulations to Emenalo, He made the right move.
With regards to the highlighted, a true Nigerian ie a patriotic Nigerian wouldn’t be concerned by that🤔❗️

Cheers.
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

danfo driver wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2023 1:56 pm
kalani JR wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2023 9:22 am Sporting directors/directors of football are one of the most overrated positions in the game. I'm happy for him.
How so?
I think there has been an overpraising of various sporting directors who have done excellent work at certain clubs but not replicated it at others. I like Mike and think he has gotten the full recognition for his work at Chelsea but skeptical that he will do what our Saudi friends are expecting of him.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

kalani JR wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2023 9:42 am
kalani JR wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2023 9:22 am Sporting directors/directors of football are one of the most overrated positions in the game. I'm happy for him.
How so?
I think there has been an overpraising of various sporting directors who have done excellent work at certain clubs but not replicated it at others. I like Mike and think he has gotten the full recognition for his work at Chelsea but skeptical that he will do what our Saudi friends are expecting of him.
You are skeptical even though he hasn't even started his work. This is what they call jealousy and envy
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2023 12:27 pm
How so?
You are skeptical even though he hasn't even started his work. This is what they call jealousy and envy
I think that would be the appropriate time to be skeptical no?
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

kalani JR wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2023 1:24 pm
How so?
what stops you from congratulating and then moving on? Why the hate? haba nah real wah for some of una
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

How so?
You havent answered my question though. You didnt speak about specific Direcors of Football. You said the role is one of the most overrated in the game. Clearly I dont share your opinion, so was wondering why you think it is so.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

kalani JR wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2023 1:24 pm
How so?
I wonder how he is rated for his impact in Monaco.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
goke313
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by goke313 »

Igugu wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2023 1:51 am What stops Emenalo, and Ex-Eagle from becoming a Football Director for Nigeria? Why?
Constand roadblocks and bottlenecks from our own people.

I'm happy for Michael Emenalo :clap:
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2023 1:21 am
iworo wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2023 1:05 am Thank God that the Saudis don’t have Foreigner Bashers Association (FBA) folks running their football like us. Can you imagine Naija hiring a foreigner for that role? All hell will break loose on this forum. Our in-house foreigner bashers will have sleepless nights until the foreigner is fired.
you are so daft and dumb...nah bad belle dey do you.. why don't you congratulate and move in...but know you want to hijack the thread and make it all about you... no women football to stalk?
Aaaaaah, Bigpokey24,; why you dey curse Iworo? No be tru he tok?
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

danfo driver wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2023 3:01 pm
How so?
You havent answered my question though. You didnt speak about specific Direcors of Football. You said the role is one of the most overrated in the game. Clearly I dont share your opinion, so was wondering why you think it is so.
I think most of them are okay and their success is largely due to the club they are at, there is a small % who are genuinely game changers (Emenalo at Chelsea was probably in there)...the problem is that clubs have convinced themselves that certain people fall into that category when they really don't.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

kalani JR wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2023 9:46 am
How so?
I think most of them are okay and their success is largely due to the club they are at, there is a small % who are genuinely game changers (Emenalo at Chelsea was probably in there)...the problem is that clubs have convinced themselves that certain people fall into that category when they really don't.
Bro, You keep dodging the question. :lol: Your comment had nothing to do with individuals. How individuals performed etc etc...You said THE ROLE ITSELF, is overrated. Why do you think the role is overrated?

Let me give you an example. If I said "the role of an assistant coach is overrated," and someone asked me "why do you think that?" I will respond that I dont think the role is necessary because the head coach leads the team and supervises the implementation of tactics. And the team could have specific coaches for specific strategy, for instance, attacking coach, midfield coach, defensive coach, goal keeper coach, so whats the point of an assistant coach?

I wouldn't respond by saying "Well, some assistant coaches have been successful in the past. But some like Quieroz and McLaren, after they left, didnt really hit the highs, so I am not sure you need assistant coaches.

That second response will be a weird response because my position was not whether some individuals have failed as assistant coaches. My position was that THE ROLE, ITSELF, is overrated.

You get my point, right?
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

danfo driver wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2023 4:52 pm
How so?
Bro, You keep dodging the question. :lol: Your comment had nothing to do with individuals. How individuals performed etc etc...You said THE ROLE ITSELF, is overrated. Why do you think the role is overrated?

Let me give you an example. If I said "the role of an assistant coach is overrated," and someone asked me "why do you think that?" I will respond that I dont think the role is necessary because the head coach leads the team and supervises the implementation of tactics. And the team could have specific coaches for specific strategy, for instance, attacking coach, midfield coach, defensive coach, goal keeper coach, so whats the point of an assistant coach?

I wouldn't respond by saying "Well, some assistant coaches have been successful in the past. But some like Quieroz and McLaren, after they left, didnt really hit the highs, so I am not sure you need assistant coaches.

That second response will be a weird response because my position was not whether some individuals have failed as assistant coaches. My position was that THE ROLE, ITSELF, is overrated.

You get my point, right?
I'm not dodging the question I just don't think they are often the silver bullet a lot of fans see it to be nor do I think a lot of the superstar ones are worth much.
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

ANC wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2023 1:54 am
Igugu wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2023 1:51 am What stops Emenalo, and Ex-Eagle from becoming a Football Director for Nigeria? Why?
He is black
BOOOOMMMMMM!!!!
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

ANC wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2023 1:54 am
He is black
BOOOOMMMMMM!!!!
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

kalani JR wrote: Sun Jul 16, 2023 1:28 am
danfo driver wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2023 4:52 pm
How so?

You get my point, right?
I'm not dodging the question I just don't think they are often the silver bullet a lot of fans see it to be nor do I think a lot of the superstar ones are worth much.
Why dont you think they are NOT the silver bullet?