PRAISE WALDRUM OR PRAISE THE DEVIL

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

packerland
Egg
Egg
Re: PRAISE WALDRUM OR PRAISE THE DEVIL

Post by packerland »

Cellular wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 6:23 pm
jette1 wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 10:38 am Sweeping Massive improvement by the SF and, all credit goes to coach Waldrun
I dislike natives that celebrate moral victories.

Folks that go into competition with a singular goal... avoid getting disgraced while earning a Certificate of Participation.

Let's wait and see the rest of the tournament.

We will see if we gained a point or lost 2 points.
Nawa for you! How are we celebrating a moral
Victory? The point was a good result. It ensures that the last game will be a meaningful one. The last time

If they lay an egg against Australia we’ll tear Randy a new one, but for now you need to keep your Black Panther mentality on hold.
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

packerland wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 6:15 pm
jette1 wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 6:10 pm I would say nerves of first game and against Olympic champs got hold of SF but effectively warding off early goal conception and wearing down opponents to a dog fight worked for us. So you have one point confidence secured in bag going into second game, sky is wide open.
Do you still think Ordega is worth a spot on the team?
Definitely yes when well utilized like this coach did in this game; noticed she played more defensive role; given her physical strength and speed which are her strong side she effectively contained the Canadian attacker on the wing. Since ball control and accurate insertion when attacking aren’t her strongest skills she wasn’t utilized much in those roles. And the few time she attacked she held up the ball well and brought the middle up.
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

jette1 wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 7:48 pm
jette1 wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 6:10 pm I would say nerves of first game and against Olympic champs got hold of SF but effectively warding off early goal conception and wearing down opponents to a dog fight worked for us. So you have one point confidence secured in bag going into second game, sky is wide open.
Definitely yes when well utilized like this coach did in this game; noticed she played more defensive role; given her physical strength and speed which are her strong side she effectively contained the Canadian attacker on the wing. Since ball control and accurate insertion when attacking aren’t her strongest skills she wasn’t utilized much in those roles. And the few time she attacked she held up the ball well and brought the middle up.
Ordega killed a lot of counter attacks. Even before the penalty, they was another close non-call in the first half that could’ve gone against us courtesy of Ordega.

All 10 outfield players were setup to defend/put in the work, including Oshoala. Everything Ordega did in that game, Uchenna Kanu or Gift Monday can do.
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

packerland wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 7:40 pm
jette1 wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 10:38 am Sweeping Massive improvement by the SF and, all credit goes to coach Waldrun

Folks that go into competition with a singular goal... avoid getting disgraced while earning a Certificate of Participation.

Victory? The point was a good result. It ensures that the last game will be a meaningful one. The last time

If they lay an egg against Australia we’ll tear Randy a new one, but for now you need to keep your Black Panther mentality on hold.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Please leave Cellular matter.
He has this big thing about proving he is a winner and y’all are shriners of mediocrity because, in his esteemed opinion, you don’t go out all guns blazing Rambo style, whatever the circumstances.
Wakanda Forever!
:clap: :clap: :clap:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

packerland wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 7:54 pm
jette1 wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 7:48 pm
Ordega killed a lot of counter attacks. Even before the penalty, they was another close non-call in the first half that could’ve gone against us courtesy of Ordega.

All 10 outfield players were setup to defend/put in the work, including Oshoala. Everything Ordega did in that game, Uchenna Kanu or Gift Monday can do.
Dunno why Kanu came on so late. She has so much to offer.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
iworo
Egg
Egg

Post by iworo »

1naija wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 1:50 pm This is the best the Super Falcons have played as a team in any major tournament. Typically is with brute force and individual skills.

I would start Kanu in the next game if I were Coach Randy.
:agree:
iworo
Egg
Egg

Post by iworo »

Black Panther mentality :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :lol:.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Jedi Jedi:

I spoke to her a few hours ago. The team is fine. Happy with the fighting spirit, but felt they could have done more. I told her we are all rooting for them here. :D
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

danfo driver wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 11:05 pm Jedi Jedi:

I spoke to her a few hours ago. The team is fine. Happy with the fighting spirit, but felt they could have done more. I told her we are all rooting for them here. :D
Ol boi na that man-looking ol woman dey give you knee jerk ? Hope e no dey give you oral because you might look down come think say na man dey there

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

jette1 wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 12:38 am
danfo driver wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 11:05 pm Jedi Jedi:

Ol boi na that man-looking ol woman dey give you knee jerk ? Hope e no dey give you oral because you might look down come think say na man dey there
Lets not be crass my brother. You seem upset. Take it easy. :D
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

1naija wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 1:50 pm This is the best the Super Falcons have played as a team in any major tournament. Typically is with brute force and individual skills.

Agreed. Ordega is not very good and Kanu changed the game. By and large, they played better than I’ve seen the falcons play before
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Are you saying our very uncle is uncle Tchalla cellulite?
Damunk wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 10:15 pm

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Please leave Cellular matter.
He has this big thing about proving he is a winner and y’all are shriners of mediocrity because, in his esteemed opinion, you don’t go out all guns blazing Rambo style, whatever the circumstances.
Wakanda Forever!
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

deanotito wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 3:55 am

Agreed. Ordega is not very good and Kanu changed the game. By and large, they played better than I’ve seen the falcons play before
You guys are kidding, right? Ortega put in a good shift, never mind the penalty. Any player can be overzealous at any given moment, evidence the red card on Abiodun. If you want to shine the light on any player for underperforming, it should be on Oshoala. She didn’t put her best foot forward in the game… but I know she’ll come good in our next game❗️

Cheers.
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 7:53 am

You guys are kidding, right? Ortega put in a good shift, never mind the penalty. Any player can be overzealous at any given moment, evidence the red card on Abiodun. If you want to shine the light on any player for underperforming, it should be on Oshoala. She didn’t put her best foot forward in the game… but I know she’ll come good in our next game❗️

Cheers.
Not kidding. 2 things changed that game for Nigeria: Removing Ordega and Canada’s buffoonish decision to remove her marker, Reviere (an excellent defender).

If Ordega is all you’ve got, play her. But you can’t leave Kanu on the bench and be playing Ordega
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Ajibade and Ayinde will come into the lineup. But I do want to see more of Kanu.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Another CRAPPY performance…
But it’s a RESULTS business, so KUDOS to Randy for getting a result.

Still can’t wait to see his exit after the WC…
With the talent at hand, we shouldn’t be camping in our half hoping not to lose.

He gets another chance on Thursday to show better…
But, regardless of who is coaching, ALWAYS PROUD OF OUR LADIES! 🇳🇬
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

jette1 wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 3:41 pmGotti went into hiding temporarily until he finds material to edit his script
packerland wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 2:22 pm :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Give him time to edit the long paragraph he would've posted last night if the girls had lost the game.
Little Cultists with a petty mentality… :lol:
Unlike you, some of us will NEVER wish ill on Nigerian teams or players.

It’s NOT mutually exclusive to dislike the coach but love and support the team…
In fact, it is the fact of our love for the team and its players that many of us dislike the current coach.

Doubtful anyone has written more about the Falcons, the players and Nigerian female football on CE…
For such a talented players to be saddled with such an ABDOMINALLY LIMITED coach borders on criminal.

GOOD LUCK LADIES…
LOVE AND SUPPORT YOU TO ETERNITY!! 🇳🇬
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
blueangel
Egg
Egg

Post by blueangel »

Just wondering
Did Kanu change the game at that late hour because the players were fatigued
blueangel
Egg
Egg

Post by blueangel »

Agreed
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

Gotti wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 8:27 am
jette1 wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 3:41 pmGotti went into hiding temporarily until he finds material to edit his script
packerland wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 2:22 pm :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Give him time to edit the long paragraph he would've posted last night if the girls had lost the game.
Little Cultists with a petty mentality… :lol:
Unlike you, some of us will NEVER wish ill on Nigerian teams or players.

It’s NOT mutually exclusive to dislike the coach but love and support the team…
In fact, it is the fact of our love for the team and its players that many of us dislike the current coach.

Doubtful anyone has written more about the Falcons, the players and Nigerian female football on CE…
For such a talented players to be saddled with such an ABDOMINALLY LIMITED coach borders on criminal.

GOOD LUCK LADIES…
LOVE AND SUPPORT YOU TO ETERNITY!! 🇳🇬
First, now that all African teams at the WC have shown what they tactically got question is HOW MARKET.
but dislike ? are you still that juvenile to let your dislike for someone cloud your judgement when that someone does something worthy of praise ?

jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

Gotti must be hating life these days

Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

PS: Master class by Coach Randy today…

#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

jette1 wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2023 1:10 pm Gotti must be hating life these days
Little Cultist, I remain ECSTATIC for any Nigerian victory… :P

KUDOS to Coach Randy…
It’s remains a RESULT game and he earned his coins today.

Overall, nothing’s substantive changed…
Can’t still wait to see him gone post-WC (hopefully with his head held HIGH)!
>
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL