"F*** Me, Nigeria is Stacked With Forwards"

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

The Observer
Egg
Egg
Re: "F*** Me, Nigeria is Stacked With Forwards"

Post by The Observer »

How about 3-4-3

Goal: Uzoho

Defence: Akpoguma/Awasiem - Ajayi/Omeruo - Torunariga/Bassey

Midfield: Samuel/Ebuehi - Ndidi/Onyeka/Onyedika/Nwakili -
Iwobi/Yusuf/Dele-Bashiru/Tijani - Sanusi/Aina

Attack: Chukwueze/Orban - Osimhen/Awoniyi - Boniface/Moffi
Every soul shall taste of death. And you shall be paid on the Day of Resurrection only that which you have fairly earned. Whoever is removed from the fire of Hell and is made to enter the Garden, he indeed is successful. The life of this world is nothing but the comfort of illusion – Quran 3: 185
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

packerland wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2023 4:22 am
Bigpokey24 wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2023 6:53 pm
1naija wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2023 6:25 pm Who made you the morality police on CE? Whats the difference between this and **** that you used to post her?? They are both four asterisk that perverts like Danfo woody rider can interpret it to mean what ever demented and perverted thoughts he has. For all.we know, the word be could Fire, Film, Fear, Fame. Flex ...you get the picture. We don't have to dumb down everything..
Bigpokey24 wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2023 5:51 pm
1naija wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2023 5:47 pm Trust you to be the first and only person to take it as an invitation from another man. Tufiakwa!
danfo driver wrote: Sun May 14, 2023 3:13 pm Person come CyberEagles, they use style to beg make them F*** am.

SMH. disgusting :oops: :oops:
come on , I know you have wahala with danfo, but should we start opening threads with sanction words etc. There are reasons such words are sanctioned on CE. No wonder this forum is gradually dying
When i post this **** it's the spelling of the coach who took our SE backwards. However, come on try to see where we are coming from. Why should anyone start a thread using the F-word? We can all do better, it starts from you etc . It is time we call out what's right
Either say the man’s name or we will assume you’re using the F word. Nonsense!

Trust dumbfodriver to be on that G-sh*t. You and your bff love to derail threads.
my goodness, you've lost it on CE. the last 2 weeks you've been ranting, crying, complaining about danfo or bigpokey. This just shows you have nothing to offer, it also shows how limited you are in football. Not once have you made any critical challenging points pertaining to football. Instead you've been spamming the Chelsea thread wishing and laughing at players with ACL injuries .... smh

Focus on football instead of trolling and then adding comments to derail threads with insults. Keep this up . You will soon get a warning PM , and very soon you will be suspended from this forum
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

I agree. We may as well go top heavy and hope that we can find a coach smart enough to make it work. Unlikely, but it is, what it is.
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
waka-man
Egg
Egg

Post by waka-man »

onovo wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2023 12:04 pm
waka-man wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2023 9:12 am
Tbite wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2023 4:45 am I am as sold on Gift Orban as I have ever been on any player.

I give him my 5 star seal of approval. Full confidence.
I agree. The real deal.

The only SE related question is how you fit him and Osimhen in the same 11, because, that’s what you have to do.

I hate 4-4-2 and 4-4-1-1 is almost as bad. I also don’t buy wasting Orban out wide.

3-5-2 could work but we have better full backs than centre backs so that doesn’t help us either.

Some some clever sod is gonna have to work out how to make this work.
Orban can play alongside Osimhen and Chukwueze in a 4 3 3 formation. He has a blistering pace, mainly attacks from the wings where he likes to cut in and shoot. Boniface is very skilful and has passes and could partner Osimhen as a supporting striker or a more advanced attacking midfielder, Akpom is kinda similar but very good with aerial ball like Mutiu Adepoju. 4 3 3 is our best formation to be honest. Our attack line should consist any of Osimhen, Chukwuezee, Boniface, Lookman, Orban, and Akpom. 3 starts, 3 on the bench.
I’m not sure how you’d play him wide in a 4-3-3 and not saddle him with defensive duties. The fact he attacks some the wings doesn’t mean he’s suited to a three.

At Gent, he’s been mostly played as part of a front two usually alongside Cuypers. With someone like Odjidja-Ofoe playing in the pocket behind them Orban has shown the smarts to push out wide to drag defensive out of place and like folks like Ofoe to exploit space. That’s not really what you’d get in a 4-3-3.

When they’ve not had someone like Ofoe in the team they’ve tended to play 3-5-2 again so Orban doesn’t have to work to hard on the flanks.

Give him a wide function and you nullify his ability as a centre forward who can peel wide a wreck havoc.

So I would suggest 3-5-2 to accommodate him - he and Osimhen would be lethal together - but I’m just not sure we have the centre halves for it. We’re stronger in wide players and full backs, both of which are sorta eliminated in a 3-5-2. You’d end up with Moses Simon and Ola Aina probably in the wing-back positions and none of the firepower of the likes of Chukwueze and Lookman.
-------------------------------------------
MY NAME IS WAKA-MAN, and YES, I AM A CHELSEA FAN. Please don't hate me - I was fan when David Ellery dashed Cantona two penalties as Man U beat us 4-0 in the FA Cup final. So I've paid my dues.
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Last edited by wiseone on Thu Mar 21, 2024 3:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Gotti wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 9:09 pm
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Mon May 15, 2023 2:18 amNaw. An 18 yr old Brazilian in the youth system has had more yrs of football education than 18yr old Nigerian in our youth system. At 18yrs very few Nigerian grown players can shoot or dribble with both feet ,understand their position in relation to others and the game plan or have a full knowledge of how to strike the ball. Look at that our u17 team, particularly the big MF named Hope, a big boy with all the raw skills to become top DM/CM. He took 30 shots at goal , I doubt 3 of them were on target but he kept shooting. Same with the rest of the team, they don’t know how, where and when to shoot. They need 12 shots to score 1 goal. Once in a while we get a Mikel, Oliseh or Okocha but most of our players with similar talent don’t make it .

We’re just selling oil only to use the receipts buy petrol from the peo-le who buy the oil from us. Sound familiar?
Virtually NO (or at best exceptionally few) Brazilian 18-year-olds leave Brazil as the finished product…
Accordingly, the salient point is that similarly “other nations are developing the talent [Brazil] produces into top players”!

Messi left Argentina for Spain at 13 years old, while Ronaldo left Portugal for England as a teenager…
Where they each developed into top players, yet never seen any Argentine or Portuguese be “ashamed” of that.

Players are TYPICALLY not fully developed at 18yrs, so its really a redundant point.

The real salient point is what happens between the ages of 10-18yrs, which is the FORMATORY period.
Plus, those who do not go to Europe, how well are they being developed?
Are they able to maximize their talents and be competitive international plyers, even while playing at home?

This is how Nigerians foist their limited knowledge on the many...

Look at the Brazil players who are homebased and there are many who have out competed their European counterparts.
How many HB players can we say the same for?
Even Keshi's team ultimately devolved into an all Euro-based team after the AFCON, which in any case had 2 HB players as starters...

There are multiple Argentine and Brazil players who are playing at the top level in Brazil. My team Liverpool is looking to sign one presently for the first team.

You look at the lesser S. American countries; same thing. Peru, Ecuador...
Even the US has MLS players who have outcompeted their Euro-based counterparts...
Walker Zimmerman, Miles Robinson being easy examples...
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
Babadee
Egg
Egg

Post by Babadee »

One underrated Striker is David Okereke, i think he is playing in Serie B now for Cremonese. Imho he is better than Dessers
goke313
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by goke313 »

This is cute
Nigeria will always focus on the unicorns

Given our population, there's no reason we shouldn't have the same for other positions on the field, managers, football operations.
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

These things are cyclical. Would not Suprise me if post Osimhen we would have World Class midfielders, Solid CBs Goalkeepers but sh111t strikers and Full backs. The U17 and U20 teams are a glimpse of to our future.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

One of the strongest attacks in the world? Watch out for Nigeria. That it's not just Victor Osimhen
14.09.2023 08:00 by Marco Conterio
Photo
© photo by www.imagephotoagency.it
Winning 6-0 against Sao Tomé and Principe may not be the most epic of businesses but Nigeria is truly one of the possible stray mines for the future of international football. José Peseiro's is a national team with an offensive potential of those that are really seen from a few parts around the world.

Clearly Victor Osimhen, who also scored three goals in the last one towards the Africa Cup, is the star of the Super Eagles. The tip of Napoli is the beacon of a movement that is equaling and surpassing the great Nigeria of the past. The alternatives are screaming: Gift Orban who officially exploded in Norway and landed in Belgium at Gent. Kelechi Iheanacho of Leicester, Victor Boniface new battering ram of Bayer Leverkusen but also Terem Moffi of Nice or Taiwo Awoniyi of Nottingham Forest.

Chukwueze star on the outside
New purchase of Milan, Samuel Chukwueze is the star on the attacking outfielder, in goal even during the last outing. On the other side is Ademola Lookman, revelation of the last season with the Atalanta jersey, Moses Simon of Nantes equally is a heavy alternative. The depth of the Nigerian attack guarantees alternatives in every role, there is also Alex Iwobi of Fulham, among the names for tomorrow also Nwankwo Silas from Mjallby and Olusegun Olakunle of Krasnodar. For a cycle already guaranteed. For a crazy talent list for the future Nigerian.
I am happy
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

Dammy wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 8:54 am One of the strongest attacks in the world? Watch out for Nigeria. That it's not just Victor Osimhen
Photo
Winning 6-0 against Sao Tomé and Principe may not be the most epic of businesses but Nigeria is truly one of the possible stray mines for the future of international football. José Peseiro's is a national team with an offensive potential of those that are really seen from a few parts around the world.

Clearly Victor Osimhen, who also scored three goals in the last one towards the Africa Cup, is the star of the Super Eagles. The tip of Napoli is the beacon of a movement that is equaling and surpassing the great Nigeria of the past. The alternatives are screaming: Gift Orban who officially exploded in Norway and landed in Belgium at Gent. Kelechi Iheanacho of Leicester, Victor Boniface new battering ram of Bayer Leverkusen but also Terem Moffi of Nice or Taiwo Awoniyi of Nottingham Forest.

New purchase of Milan, Samuel Chukwueze is the star on the attacking outfielder, in goal even during the last outing. On the other side is Ademola Lookman, revelation of the last season with the Atalanta jersey, Moses Simon of Nantes equally is a heavy alternative. The depth of the Nigerian attack guarantees alternatives in every role, there is also Alex Iwobi of Fulham, among the names for tomorrow also Nwankwo Silas from Mjallby and Olusegun Olakunle of Krasnodar. For a cycle already guaranteed. For a crazy talent list for the future Nigerian.
Where is the link the article, I cannot find this article anywhere.
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

maceo4 wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 6:17 pm Sadiq Umar is back in training, thank God! https://www.instagram.com/reel/CsTaH3Bo ... BiNWFlZA==
where is he going to play?
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

gochino wrote: Sun May 14, 2023 6:45 pm
wiseone wrote: Sun May 14, 2023 3:03 am From the Chelsea fans Reddit forum today:

"Awoniyi, Osimhen, Gift Orban, Moffi, Victor Boniface, Umar Sadiq, Iheanacho...#$% me, Nigeria is stacked with forwards"

"How is it possible for a country to be so dominant in one position and so mid elsewhere, lol?"

Thats the summary of our biggest problem! All these strikers are useless with a poor midfield
KPAM!
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Tbite wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 11:50 pm
Dammy wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 8:54 am One of the strongest attacks in the world? Watch out for Nigeria. That it's not just Victor Osimhen
Photo

Where is the link the article, I cannot find this article anywhere.
https://m.tuttomercatoweb.com/serie-a/u ... en-1875206
I am happy
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

Ah Italiano! I knew my research skills had not gone rusty.

That explains why I couldn't find it.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

can the Thread title be changed? even the original link was pulled down by X ..haba I thought the forum had rules when it comes to such
* If a word is censored on this board, it will be replaced with astericks (*). Do not try to be creative in going around the censors by making sure people read vulgarity or can get to a site that is being linked to but has been banned here.
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=295638
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

onovo
Egg
Egg

Post by onovo »

wiseone wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2023 12:15 pm
Truth be told, with the current quality in our forward line, it means dead woods like Musa and Simon as well as that division 2 benchwarmer in Leicester are no longer needed in our national team. Me move :thumbs: