Boniface(x2goals x1 assist ) and he hangs a goal of the season vs SV Darmstadt 1898

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

packerland
Egg
Egg
Re: Boniface and he hangs a goal of the season vs SV Darmstadt 1898

Post by packerland »

bushboy wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 4:18 pm Football is a young man's game. We need a coach for SE no older than 42. Young, educated, modern, full of ambition. Only then will that young team thrive. Recycling old men will not get it done.
You might be right. At this point I don’t think Osimhen is a sure starter(I know that will make you happy). Sometimes you gotta go with the player on fire. Let’s see what Osimhen will do later today. He’s still numero uno but Boniface is right behind him.
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
onovo
Egg
Egg

Post by onovo »

bushboy wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 4:18 pm Football is a young man's game. We need a coach for SE no older than 42. Young, educated, modern, full of ambition. Only then will that young team thrive. Recycling old men will not get it done.
Fully supported :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

packerland wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 4:25 pm
You might be right. At this point I don’t think Osimhen is a sure starter(I know that will make you happy). Sometimes you gotta go with the player on fire. Let’s see what Osimhen will do later today. He’s still numero uno but Boniface is right behind him.
What did u see to suggest he's even close to Oshimen in quality? We need to build a team not just pick whoever played well today and replace them with another that has a better game. Also, Boniface was tired by the 65th min, his legs became heavier late in the game.

Boniface is top quality no doubt but he's no Oshimen yet, he's can start on the left side of a 433 though I'm concerned with his stamina.
OCCUPY NFF!!
onovo
Egg
Egg

Post by onovo »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 5:04 pm
What did u see to suggest he's even close to Oshimen in quality? We need to build a team not just pick whoever played well today and replace them with another that has a better game. Also, Boniface was tired by the 65th min, his legs became heavier late in the game.

Boniface is top quality no doubt but he's no Oshimen yet, he's can start on the left side of a 433 though I'm concerned with his stamina.
That one can easily be improved upon through training and diet
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Boniface(x2) and he hangs a goal of the season vs SV Darmstadt 1898

Post by vancity eagle »

We have too many strikers.

Especially if we are to play 433

Boniface has the tools to be deployed wide in a 433. We should consider that instead of being so close minded.

Same goes with Orban.

Nobody is touching Osimehn.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Boniface and he hangs a goal of the season vs SV Darmstadt 1

Post by Damunk »

You need to ask where the promising young Nigerian coaches are hiding.
We love football.
We have the human capacity.
So there must be a problem somewhere.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

vancity eagle wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 6:01 pm We have too many strikers.

Boniface has the tools to be deployed wide in a 433. We should consider that instead of being so close minded.

Same goes with Orban.

Kpom! Absolutely nobody.
We have 1 competitive game before Afcon camp and maybe 2 friendlies before Afcon starts. Not enough time considering we might have a new coach along with other issues to really get the best out of the team for Afcon. The result might be an early Afcon exit but we surely have a bright future. Whoever takes the team to Afcon should also be it's wcq coach. We don't have time for constant changes.
OCCUPY NFF!!
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Boniface(x2goals x1 assist ) and he hangs a goal of the season vs SV Darmstadt 1898

Post by danfo driver »

Ma Ni33A! :clap: :clap:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 5:04 pm

Osimhen is still number, and I highlighted it above. Boniface hasn't earned a callup yet and with our current NFF and coaching wahala, who knows when he will get one. What I meant to say is that once he becomes a regular in the team, we can't always pencil Osimhen down as the starter if he's having a poor run of form. If Taiwo or Boniface is on fire, then they should start. I feel like if Osimhen wasn't rusty during the WCQ, he would've dealt with Ghana's defence. Imagine the likes of Amartey and Djiku can now claim that they shut Osimhen down.
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

vancity eagle wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 6:01 pm We have too many strikers.

Same goes with Orban.

And herein lies the problem, we should never make that assertion an absolute truth cause events have proven time and time again that Osimhen just like every striker in our attacking depth is very replaceable...let's not make the mistake of inundating Osi with this notion that he's untouchable cause that will not only put unnecessary pressure on him, it might also instill this clime of arrogance that could prove disruptive.

Between Osimhen, Awoniyi, Boniface, Moffi ,Akor and Orban that numero uno spot is up for grabs and I hope the coach (whoever that will be) makes that clear.
jdizzy
Egg
Egg
Re: Boniface(x2goals x1 assist ) and he hangs a goal of the season vs SV Darmstadt 1898

Post by jdizzy »

We need to figure out how to play Boniface and Osimhen together as they are arguably our best 2 attacking players. Perhaps consider a 3-5-2 or diamond 4-4-2
Niente Ÿ impossibile!
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

No football should ever be untouchable if there is sufficient competition.

If Messi was on a team where 10 outfield players were better than him, he should ride the bench.
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

No football should ever be untouchable if there is sufficient competition.

If Messi was on a team where 10 outfield players were better than him, he should ride the bench.
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
marutimon
Egg
Egg

Post by marutimon »

I would argue we can play Chukwueze, Orban, Boniface and Osimhen together with Boniface as a winger and Orban as an attacking midfielder.
waka-man
Egg
Egg

Post by waka-man »

marutimon wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2023 8:54 am I would argue we can play Chukwueze, Orban, Boniface and Osimhen together with Boniface as a winger and Orban as an attacking midfielder.
Make una leave that one. You can’t play all those and not get run over in the midfield. And you don’t take Boniface and send him out to the wings.

On current form, it would indeed be interesting to see Boniface and Osimhen in the same side, but you’ve gotta push them both up on the centre backs. That means you’re actually going to need to load up your midfield and not play with “wingers” because the math just don’t work.

So the only way to do this, really, is 3-5-2 and that means you’re unlikely to play Chukwueze or Orban if you start those two.

Now this being Nigeria, all sorts of things can happen and we’ve often played two up front plus wingers like we did at Afcon. We know how that turned out and how it meant Iwobi didn’t have a place in the team which is kinda madness.
-------------------------------------------
MY NAME IS WAKA-MAN, and YES, I AM A CHELSEA FAN. Please don't hate me - I was fan when David Ellery dashed Cantona two penalties as Man U beat us 4-0 in the FA Cup final. So I've paid my dues.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Of all of our top five strikers at the moment (Osimhen, Boniface, Awoniyi, Moffi and Orban - I don’t know enough about this Akor guy), the only one I suspect might slot into an AM role is Orban.
I don’t see any of the others playing that role effectively.
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Damunk wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2023 9:35 am If any of the top five strikers (Osimhen, Boniface, Awoniyi, Moffi and Orban - I don’t know enough about this Akor guy), then the only one I suspect might slot into an AM role is Orban.
Chuba Akpom?
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Tobi17 wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2023 9:37 am
Damunk wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2023 9:35 am If any of the top five strikers (Osimhen, Boniface, Awoniyi, Moffi and Orban - I don’t know enough about this Akor guy), then the only one I suspect might slot into an AM role is Orban.
Chuba Akpom?
Yeah, interesting cos I’ve never seen Akpom as a striker in the ‘pure’ sense.
I’ve always seen him as an AM.
I was responding to the guys talking about converting our red hot strikers into AMs.

But your point is valid.
We’re also looking at Nathan Tella playing behind Boniface at Leverkausen, which will give us an idea of how they work together.
It’s great to have options.
We just need a great coach, decent pitches, some top level central defenders

… and a really reliable GK! Something like this.

Oh…and an NFF that has a clue. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Excellent point. 👍🏽

That is why the greatest coaches in history like Ferguson, Guardiola, Lobanovski, Saachi, Paisley, Trappatoni, Lippi, Busby, and Shankly won all their trophies before they turned 40.

onovo
Egg
Egg

Post by onovo »

Damunk wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2023 9:35 am Of all of our top five strikers at the moment (Osimhen, Boniface, Awoniyi, Moffi and Orban - I don’t know enough about this Akor guy), the only one I suspect might slot into an AM role is Orban.
I did mentioned this before and a lot of people were crazy with me on this forum. Orban has a small size but he is skilful and also a good passer of the ball. Siasia played as an attacking midfielder in USA 94.
niyi
Egg
Egg

Post by niyi »

Damunk wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2023 9:35 am Of all of our top five strikers at the moment (Osimhen, Boniface, Awoniyi, Moffi and Orban - I don’t know enough about this Akor guy), the only one I suspect might slot into an AM role is Orban.
Orban? Bro you ever watch am?
Ona t'Olorun ngba soro
lati se ise re
ona re enikan ko mo
awamaridi ni!
bushboy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bushboy »

waka-man wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2023 9:14 am
marutimon wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2023 8:54 am I would argue we can play Chukwueze, Orban, Boniface and Osimhen together with Boniface as a winger and Orban as an attacking midfielder.
Make una leave that one. You can’t play all those and not get run over in the midfield. And you don’t take Boniface and send him out to the wings.

On current form, it would indeed be interesting to see Boniface and Osimhen in the same side, but you’ve gotta push them both up on the centre backs. That means you’re actually going to need to load up your midfield and not play with “wingers” because the math just don’t work.

So the only way to do this, really, is 3-5-2 and that means you’re unlikely to play Chukwueze or Orban if you start those two.

Now this being Nigeria, all sorts of things can happen and we’ve often played two up front plus wingers like we did at Afcon. We know how that turned out and how it meant Iwobi didn’t have a place in the team which is kinda madness.
It "turned out" with us collecting a full 9 points from our group. Yes, we lost a game. It's football. Man City once lost at HOME to wolves. Let's not rewrite history like we were bad at that Afcon. We were not. Just terribly unlucky. Goalkeeper and red card.
Bushboy's bushmen : 1.Isaac Success 2. Terem Moffi 3. Victor Boniface 4. Samuel Omorodion. 5. Samson Tijani. 6. Rafiu Durosinmi.
Who will be next?
waka-man
Egg
Egg

Post by waka-man »

bushboy wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2023 2:35 pm
waka-man wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2023 9:14 am

It "turned out" with us collecting a full 9 points from our group. Yes, we lost a game. It's football. Man City once lost at HOME to wolves. Let's not rewrite history like we were bad at that Afcon. We were not. Just terribly unlucky. Goalkeeper and red card.
We had one good game in that tournament, the first game against Egypt. You gotta actually watch the games and decide if that’s how you want to go forward.

If you’re ok with our Afcon let’s all go get Egu back as coach. The point remains, and we’ve seen it time and time again, we get over-run in the middle when we play 4-4-2.
-------------------------------------------
MY NAME IS WAKA-MAN, and YES, I AM A CHELSEA FAN. Please don't hate me - I was fan when David Ellery dashed Cantona two penalties as Man U beat us 4-0 in the FA Cup final. So I've paid my dues.