Peseiro Retained; List of Players Released

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Peseiro Retained; List of Players Released

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

We have a huge problem in MF folks, a huuuge one. That mf does not look promising at all.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

maceo4 wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2023 7:03 pmIwobi nko?
Injured in his last game for Everton
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

When me and Vancity assured you guys that we will remove Ahmed Musa from the national team, by hook or by force, una say na lie.

YOU ARE WELCOME! :D
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

danfo driver wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2023 7:30 pm When me and Vancity assured you guys that we will remove Ahmed Musa from the national team, by hook or by force, una say na lie.

Pisseiro- the Johnny Bravo looking clown is still a donkey, this Portuguese fraud still thinks overloading a squad list with defenders and forwards vs a predictably thin-bare midfield is ideal in a glorified friendly match much less against Sao freaking Tome...
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Tobi17 wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2023 7:34 pm
danfo driver wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2023 7:30 pm When me and Vancity assured you guys that we will remove Ahmed Musa from the national team, by hook or by force, una say na lie.

Pisseiro is the Johnny Bravo looking clown is still a donkey, this Portuguese fraud still thinks overloading a squad list with defenders and forwards vs a predictably thin-bare midfield is ideal in a glorified friendly match much less against Sao freaking Tome...
I am convinced it may not be him. I have been crying about this since Siasia. Siasia was eve worse ans thwn Olise came and continued and then **** and then Eguavoen and then this plate faced looking thing.

All these coaches have different philosophies and tactics and a couple have diff formations. Yet, the constant is 4 midfielders. So it tells me that it can’t be the coaches.

The only constant is my brother - Eguavoen - as technical director. And we all know how he loved his 442 with only 2 midfielders in the starting 11. So I am inclined to believe he is the problem.

It’s so saddening because with a proper midfield; our strikers will be hot! And our defenders can hide their weaknesses
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Good to see him back. He was very unlucky to be overlooked in prior squads.

Are Osayi-Samuel and Sanusi injured?

jette1 wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2023 5:07 pm Tyron EBUEHI is back
niyi
Egg
Egg

Post by niyi »

wiseone wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2023 7:45 pm Good to see him back. He was very unlucky to be overlooked in prior squads.

Both players were good in the last game too.

Our coaches could think outside the box and try our wingbacks as midfielders.
Ona t'Olorun ngba soro
lati se ise re
ona re enikan ko mo
awamaridi ni!
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Osayi is starting today for Fernabahce so what's going on? did Collins use some of his championship salary to bribe someone in the NFF this time? Why must there always be a controversy attached to every Nigerian squad list we see?
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

Tobi17 wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2023 8:03 pm Osayi is starting today for Fernabahce so what's going on? did Collins use some of his championship salary to bribe someone in the NFF this time? Why must there always be a controversy attached to every Nigerian squad list we see?
Collins has no business playing for Nigeria just like Musa and Simon Moses. I hope this is not a ploy to sneak him into the Afcon squad.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

Tobi17 wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2023 8:03 pm Osayi is starting today for Fernabahce so what's going on? did Collins use some of his championship salary to bribe someone in the NFF this time? Why must there always be a controversy attached to every Nigerian squad list we see?
The way some of you guys reason over here... :roll: So a RB gets dropped and and its the LB you think they dropped him for even though Aina & Ebuehi both make their returns :clap: :clap: :clap:
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

niyi wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2023 8:01 pm
wiseone wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2023 7:45 pm Good to see him back. He was very unlucky to be overlooked in prior squads.

Both players were good in the last game too.

Our coaches could think outside the box and try our wingbacks as midfielders.
This was begging for opportunity to put Nwakali on display and once and for all seal him to command our midfield especially in absence of IWOBI
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Sunset wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2023 8:09 pm
The way some of you guys reason over here... :roll: So a RB gets dropped and and its the LB you think they dropped him for even though Aina & Ebuehi both make their returns :clap: :clap: :clap:
Aina can play leftback.

Collins call up is pathetic.

Especially considering Samuel has literally bee our best player the last 2 matches.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Sunset wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2023 8:09 pm
Aina can play leftback.

Collins call up is pathetic.

Especially considering Samuel has literally bee our best player the last 2 matches.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

My thoughts

Happy Peseiro has been retained, firing and hiring new coaches all the time is a sure path to disaster.

It seems the homebased quota is OVER. Brilliant !!!!

THE GOOD

Orban and Boniface
Aina and Ebuehi back
Torunariga gets his call
Homebased quota seems to be done
No MUSA (but he hasn't been on his clubs bench the last 3 matches. Is he injured or just declared useless)

THE BAD

unbalanced squad and thin midfield
Jamilu Collins for Samuel WTF ?
Iheanacho for what ? (Akpom or Tella should be called)

Overall it a good day IMO. Could have been so much worse.

Kudos to Pesseiro for renewing contract and negotiating away that stupid homebased clause and HOPEFULLY Ahmed Musa will not ever put on a SE jersey. But I doubt it. He may be injured.
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

vancity eagle wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2023 8:38 pm My thoughts

Happy Peseiro has been retained, firing and hiring new coaches all the time is a sure path to disaster.

It seems the homebased quota is OVER. Brilliant !!!!

THE GOOD

Orban and Boniface
Aina and Ebuehi back
Torunariga gets his call
Homebased quota seems to be done
No MUSA (but he hasn't been on his clubs bench the last 3 matches. Is he injured or just declared useless)

THE BAD

unbalanced squad and thin midfield
Jamilu Collins for Samuel WTF ?
Iheanacho for what ? (Akpom or Tella should be called)

Overall it a good day IMO. Could have been so much worse.

Kudos to Pesseiro for renewing contract and negotiating away that stupid homebased clause and HOPEFULLY Ahmed Musa will not ever put on a SE jersey. But I doubt it. He may be injured.
I can understand the Chuba exclusion, he needs a run of games at Ajax to get up to speed but I think he will be called up in a friendly match (if we secure one).

I'm hoping the Musa phase is well and truly over, I'll hold my celebration till further notice.

I'll hope Nathan Tella gets an invite for the AFCON final squad, like Akpom he needs to secure himself at Leverkusen. We really need at least 2 friendly matches to test these guys.

Not a fan of Pisseiro in the least, but I can respect him for fighting hard to weed out this home based quota nonsense, I'm sure he ruffled some feathers in the NFF on that one already.
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Peseiro is a very poor coach. We just have to endure till AFCON.

Osayi and Sanusi missing. Hope the coach has very good reasons for dropping both. Maybe he wants to have a look at Collins and Ebuehi.

Also, I would have loved to see Nwakali and Alhassan on the list.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

The coach is probably just resting Osayi and Sanusi. Those two are our first choice fullbacks. Hope to see Onyemachi start either as a LB or CB, and Ebuehi start as a RB. Aina and Bassey can also play LB.

Would have been good to see 2 or 3 out of the following:

Nwakali, Akpom, Yusuf, Dele-Bashiru, Nwobodo.

That squad needs 2 or 3more midfielders.
Lolly wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2023 8:55 pm Peseiro is a very poor coach. We just have to endure till AFCON.

Osayi and Sanusi missing. Hope the coach has very good reasons for dropping both. Maybe he wants to have a look at Collins and Ebuehi.

vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

olu wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2023 9:09 pm The coach is probably just resting Osayi and Sanusi. Those two are our first choice fullbacks. Hope to see Onyemachi start either as a LB or CB, and Ebuehi start as a RB. Aina and Bassey can also play LB.

Lolly wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2023 8:55 pm Peseiro is a very poor coach. We just have to endure till AFCON.

I dont know why the coach would choose to rest just our fullbacks and nobody else. Doesn't make sense to me.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Can’t wait to see Bruno, Onyedika and Orban.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
goke313
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by goke313 »

olu wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2023 9:09 pm The coach is probably just resting Osayi and Sanusi. Those two are our first choice fullbacks. Hope to see Onyemachi start either as a LB or CB, and Ebuehi start as a RB. Aina and Bassey can also play LB.

Where is the statement?
Even Southgate made a public statement on omitting Sterling
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Onyedika’s omission has been puzzling. He was playing for a Champions League club, yet did not get picked while players who were on the bench for relegated teams got picked ahead of him.
Damunk wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2023 9:25 pm Can’t wait to see Bruno, Onyedika and Orban.
oyek
Egg
Egg

Post by oyek »

Nwakali, Nwobodo, Akpom and Al-hasan Yusuf should have been invited and tested in a friendly game probably after the game against Sao Tome. A football organization that knows what they're doing would've with the players available to us because the midfield is too thin with those on the list.
If not for Jesus, where will i be?
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

oyek wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2023 9:48 pm

Nwakali, Nwobodo, Akpom and Al-hasan Yusuf should have been invited and tested in a friendly game probably after the game against Sao Tome. A football organization that knows what they're doing would've with the players available to us because the midfield is too thin with those on the list.
If Pesseiro tries new players and loses or draws he’ll get blamed, if he doesn’t he’ll get blamed for not inviting them. The man has won almost all his competitive games but still gets blamed for losing friendlies . Which one is it? Only time he can try new players is pre Afcon camp behind closed doors.
OCCUPY NFF!!