Nigeria and Benin to likely host AFCON 2029

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin
Re: Nigeria and Benin to likely host AFCON 2029

Post by YUJAM »

The Tanzania/Uganda/Kenya bid beat out the Nigeria/Benin bid. I just read this today on Ayo's FB page.

As for those like VE saying that the CAN should be held in the summer, that won't happen. African football cannot be beholden to European clubs' demands. Because of the steady supply of quality players from Africa to Euro clubs, Africa has the upperhand on this issue. Losing the likes of Salah, Osihmen, Bissouma and other stars is a small price for them to pay given how much these guys have contributed to their successes. And they know it
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

YUJAM wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2023 4:40 pm The Tanzania/Uganda/Kenya bid beat out the Nigeria/Benin bid. I just read this today on Ayo's FB page.

As for those like VE saying that the CAN should be held in the summer, that won't happen. African football cannot be beholden to European clubs' demands. Because of the steady supply of quality players from Africa to Euro clubs, Africa has the upperhand on this issue. Losing the likes of Salah, Osihmen, Bissouma and other stars is a small price for them to pay given how much these guys have contributed to their successes. And they know it
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

REAKING: The Confederation of African Football (CAF) has named the hosts for 2025 and 2027 Africa Cup of Nations tournaments.

It is Morocco in 2025, the worst kept secret while Kenya, Uganda and Tanzania will co-host in 2027.

Nigeria/Benin miss out of 2027 as expected.
SuperEagles

vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

YUJAM wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2023 4:40 pm The Tanzania/Uganda/Kenya bid beat out the Nigeria/Benin bid. I just read this today on Ayo's FB page.

So please tell me why Victor Osimehn missed the last afcon ?

If you think this will not become more common, you are fooling yourself.

Also many players have missed out on big transfers because of AFCON. Players also lose their positions at their club.

Jan AFCON does not help anybody. We need to stop thinking so arrogantly, and do what benefits everybody, INCLUDING OURSELVES.
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

ohenhen1 wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2023 7:42 pm We can host it.
Abuja
Lagos
Akwa Ibom
Rivers
Oyo
Kano
kaduna
Plateau
are potential host states
If they’re not ready to build new stadia or modernise what they have to deal with the raining season they need to step aside.
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

We should switch to a Nations League/playoff format.
Undertaker
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Undertaker »

There is a 99% chance Kenya/Tanzania/Uganda will not be ready to host in 2027! Algeria and Egypt on standby!
I SEE DEAD PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Undertaker wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2023 12:58 am There is a 99% chance Kenya/Tanzania/Uganda will not be ready to host in 2027! Algeria and Egypt on standby!
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: i think you should be banned, you just made me actually spill by workout shake
SuperEagles

Bell
Egg
Egg

Post by Bell »

Purity wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2023 1:32 pm Nigeria football league to kickoff on Saturday on 30th, September, 2023.

NFF is studying Chinese company Startimes offer to broadcast NPFL.

Nigeria and Benin bid to likely win the hosting right for 2029 AFCON

purity, I'M CURIOUS ABOUT THE BROADCST PART

Have more details?
Bell
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

I actually like the January-February AFCONs. I 🍿 at EPL coaches and fans who foam at the mouth about the tragedy of losing the 1-2 African players in their first team squad of 25 players for a grand total of 2-3 games in a 60 game season, at a time when the EPL is on winter break anyway, and only cup matches are being played.

😁
delisyomie don wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2023 4:08 pm
CAF is not serious about the most important things that need to be sorted out by playing these matches in June/July, so most of these foreign base players will not abandon their clubs when crucial in January/February. why can they not invest in covering up the stadium to protect against rain or weather or whatever the reason is coming into the stadium when matches are been played
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Yujam,

Unfortunately, many African football administrators think on the same lines as VE. They are ready to sell the soul of African soccer to Europe at the drop of a hat. It is the enslavement of African football. It should never be independent, according to them. Ridiculous!!!
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Enugu II wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2023 5:54 pm

Yujam,

Unfortunately, many African football administrators think on the same lines as VE. They are ready to sell the soul of African soccer to Europe at the drop of a hat. It is the enslavement of African football. It should never be independent, according to them. Ridiculous!!!
How is switching the dates "selling the soul of African soccer "

The summer Afcon in Egypt was a very good tournament. No souls were "sold".

You guys and your deluded hyperbole.

Again I ask you, which other confederations are purposely disruptive ?

Should we as Africans intentionally be disruptive ?

Does South America not also have rainy season ?

Are you happy that Osimehn missed the last afcon ?

Sometimes simple common sense is needed.
Bell
Egg
Egg

Post by Bell »

LOVE THESE DISCUSSIONS BECAUSE...

...it gives me continuing opportunity to remind people: modernize your own leagues and you wouldn't have to bend to the wishes of the foreign clubs. Templates for this modernization have been provided many times here before. (W.) Europe doesn't have to be where everyone goes for their soccer dreams.
Bell
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Ogolo, me and other Chinedus are coming ooo. Chai! Kenya and Tanzania go hot. I have already booked my flight ticket.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

Yujam,

If major African footballing nations rely on their players that play in Europe then they need to think about when the Afcon is played.
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

I don’t care when and where it is hosted, I just want to watch the games.
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Eaglezbeak wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2023 9:19 am

Yujam,

If major African footballing nations rely on their players that play in Europe then they need to think about when the Afcon is played.
Eaglzebeak

You need to know the history of the dates. Most preferred dates for AFCON is not January but March and that is exactly when the AFCON used to take place!!

Why did it move to January?

Specifically to satisfy European demands!! FIFA to satisfy Europe asked Europe to pare their top divisions to 16 clubs only. Europe refused! FIFA used the Europe winter and summer breaks, at that time, to create two offers for international tournaments! CAF agreed and pushed the AFCON from March to one of the windows which was January.

Now Europe continues to push with no concerns as to the African climate issues which renders Summer very difficult and not a top choice for most African countries because of torrential rain falls during the period in the rain forest region.

The above is a historical lesson. This is part of recorded history!
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics