Daniel Daga joins Enyimba for the NPFL & AFL campaign

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet
Daniel Daga joins Enyimba for the NPFL & AFL campaign

Post by Sunset »

Daniel Daga joins Enyimba for AFL campaign
https://www.aclsports.com/daniel-daga-j ... -campaign/
One of Nigeria's highly rated youngsters Daniel Daga will don the Enyimba colours in the 2023/2024 season.
Fisayo Dairo
Last updated: 2023/09/23 at 5:18 PM
Fisayo Dairo
Published September 23, 2023

As featured on NewsNow: Sport news
Sport News 24/7
Nigeria Premier Football League (NPFL) champions Enyimba FC have added much coveted Flying Eagles’ midfielder to their ranks ahead of their campaign in the inaugural African Football League (AFL), www.aclsports.com reports.

Daga, 16, was one of Nigeria’s top performers at the 2023 U20 FIFA World Cup and has been attracting interests from top European sides but may have to wait till he clocks 18 before leaving the country to sign a professional contract.

The defensive midfielder has been on the books of Nigerian National League (NNL) side FC One Rocket but his club has now found an agreement to have him join Enyimba on a season-long loan.

Daga has joined up with Finidi George’s Enyimba since last week and the talented player featured for the People’s Elephant in their pre-season friendly against Bayelsa United at the Samson Siasia Stadium, Yenagoa on Saturday.

With Enyimba already out of the CAF Champions League, the addition of Daniel Daga to their team is expected to add more competition to their midfield ahead of their participation in the AFL next month.

Former African champions Enyimba have been drawn against Moroccan giants Wydad Casablanca in their AFL quarter final fixture, an outing Daniel Daga will be looking forward to participating in.

The first leg of the AFL quarter final match has been scheduled for the Godswill Akpabio Stadium, Uyo on October 22, 2023 with the return leg to hold in Casablanca three days later.

In the meantime, Enyimba in Daniel Daga’s first start for the club thrashed Bayelsa United 4-1 in Yenagoa on Saturday morning as both teams continue their preparations for the new league season.

Striker Chijioke Mbaoma and midfielder Eze Ekwutoziam scored in the first half to give the People’s Elephant a 2-0 lead before winger Joseph Atule scored twice in the second half as Enyimba ran riot against the Prosperity Boys.
Last edited by Sunset on Mon Oct 09, 2023 1:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Daniel Daga joins Enyimba for AFL campaign

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

He'll be in Nigeria till he’s 18yrs I think. Is this a good move for a kid of his Calibre? Injuries happen o.
OCCUPY NFF!!
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

Nice move. I just hope the league can go on consistently
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Injuries don't happen abroad?
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 4:10 pm He'll be in Nigeria till he’s 18yrs I think. Is this a good move for a kid of his Calibre? Injuries happen o.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

1naija wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 6:52 pm Injuries don't happen abroad?
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 4:10 pm He'll be in Nigeria till he’s 18yrs I think. Is this a good move for a kid of his Calibre? Injuries happen o.
He doesn't have a contract offer yet, just worried he could get injured playing competitively before he signs.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

This is the best move he can make in his situation as he'll get the chance to play for one of the best clubs in the Country not to mention them featuring in the first African Football League in October
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Sunset wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 7:24 pm
This is the best move he can make in his situation as he'll get the chance to play for one of the best clubs in the Country not to mention them featuring in the first African Football League in October

I’m just concerned about him getting injured an affecting his chances of getting a top club. Remember Nwobodo? He was a top MF prospect that was destined for great things until he got injured. It’s well sha.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

Another FE Midfielder Onuche Ogbelu (20) looks set for a move to a AFL side Esperance De Tunis. :clap: :clap: :clap:
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 7:29 pm

I’m just concerned about him getting injured an affecting his chances of getting a top club. Remember Nwobodo? He was a top MF prospect that was destined for great things until he got injured. It’s well sha.
Injuries are part of the game bros there's nothing that can be done about that
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

my goodness, you've started competing with tobi as the slowest mind on CE.. for goodness sake injures are part of football.. the sad part is you chose to talk about injuries instead of the players development. All because he isn't from Ibadan..smh why do you hate none YOruba player Nigerians ?

SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Sunset wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2023 12:47 pm

Yes, but it’s rare for a top teenage academy prospect to start playing professionally on a temporary basis before signing his first contract.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2023 3:15 pm

Yes, but it’s rare for a top teenage academy prospect to start playing professionally on a temporary basis before signing his first contract.
And that's what makes his case special. If not for his age he'd already have been signed by a European Club, so this is the next best avenue for him to develop.

For starters this wouldn't be his first professional season at the senior level, just last year he was a starter for his parent club (FC One Rocket) in the NNL and this year made his NPFL debut on loan with relegated Dakkada in which he also scored in his only appearance for the club.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Enyimba need to sign him into a long term deal. Pre contract before he turns 18. He will have good resale value. That is what Nigeian clubs should be doing.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

ohenhen1 wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2023 4:50 pm Enyimba need to sign him into a long term deal. Pre contract before he turns 18. He will have good resale value. That is what Nigeian clubs should be doing.
He may not want that. Moreover, it is more than likely that Enyimba have him on loan from his NNL club that still will hold on to his contract until he leaves Nigeria. That is usually the case.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

And he can still play for our Under 17 teams.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
Otitokoro
Egg
Egg

Post by Otitokoro »

Since yall keep saying he is the next best thing, kind of curious why the said 'European club' didn't bother to sign him into their Academy teams (U15, U18, etc)?
Sunset wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2023 4:41 pm

And that's what makes his case special. If not for his age he'd already have been signed by a European Club, so this is the next best avenue for him to develop.

For starters this wouldn't be his first professional season at the senior level, just last year he was a starter for his parent club (FC One Rocket) in the NNL and this year made his NPFL debut on loan with relegated Dakkada in which he also scored in his only appearance for the club.
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

Do some research on the process it takes for a professional club to sign a minor (under the age of 18) from another continent and you'll get your answer :thumb:
Otitokoro wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2023 1:11 pm Since yall keep saying he is the next best thing, kind of curious why the said 'European club' didn't bother to sign him into their Academy teams (U15, U18, etc)?

mystic
Egg
Egg

Post by mystic »

Sunset wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2023 12:45 pm Another FE Midfielder Onuche Ogbelu (20) looks set for a move to a AFL side Esperance De Tunis. :clap: :clap: :clap:

Ogbelu is a super talent! I was shocked that he was dropped for the World Cup proper. Has the potential to go places.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

you sure say you sabi ball so? YOu want that EU club to get fined for trading a minor across the ocean eh?
Otitokoro wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2023 1:11 pm Since yall keep saying he is the next best thing, kind of curious why the said 'European club' didn't bother to sign him into their Academy teams (U15, U18, etc)?

SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Otitokoro
Egg
Egg

Post by Otitokoro »

Oh, so I guess when the likes of Ebenezer Akinmosiro was signed by Inter Milan, or Benjamin Franklin was signed by Brentford or even Samuel Chukwueze was signed by Villareal, they were not under 18? Or did they not go through the same process this fella should have gone through?
Or better still, when that your client (the thirty something year old man trapped in the body of a 16 year old) was signed by the Swedish club he duped, was he not supposedly under 18?
Dude, you really need to come up with a more credible argument.

All this your energy behind this Daga fellow is highly suspect. It looks like another kite that's being flown by his agents (you inclusive!). Dude ain't just it, just like most of the others you've tried selling here.
Sunset wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2023 2:48 pm Do some research on the process it takes for a professional club to sign a minor (under the age of 18) from another continent and you'll get your answer :thumb:

Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

As I said earlier if you just did a tiny bit of research you wouldn't be here posting like an dumbass with these stupid conspiracy theories but here we are... Every single player you mentioned were all 18 by the time they were all signed something anyone with half a brain can find on google :sleep:
Otitokoro wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2023 8:26 pm Oh, so I guess when the likes of Ebenezer Akinmosiro was signed by Inter Milan, or Benjamin Franklin was signed by Brentford or even Samuel Chukwueze was signed by Villareal, they were not under 18? Or did they not go through the same process this fella should have gone through?
Or better still, when that your client (the thirty something year old man trapped in the body of a 16 year old) was signed by the Swedish club he duped, was he not supposedly under 18?

All this your energy behind this Daga fellow is highly suspect. It looks like another kite that's being flown by his agents (you inclusive!). Dude ain't just it, just like most of the others you've tried selling here.
Sunset wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2023 2:48 pm Do some research on the process it takes for a professional club to sign a minor (under the age of 18) from another continent and you'll get your answer :thumb:

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Sunset wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2023 9:03 pm As I said earlier if you just did a tiny bit of research you wouldn't be here posting like an dumbass with these stupid conspiracy theories but here we are... Every single player you mentioned were all 18 by the time they were all signed something anyone with half a brain can find on google :sleep:
Otitokoro wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2023 8:26 pm Oh, so I guess when the likes of Ebenezer Akinmosiro was signed by Inter Milan, or Benjamin Franklin was signed by Brentford or even Samuel Chukwueze was signed by Villareal, they were not under 18? Or did they not go through the same process this fella should have gone through?

Sunset,

No be fight oooo! Best to simply explain to Otitokoro. No more, no less.

There are examples of people under 18 who make the move, nevertheless. However, in such a case the move may follow a parent also moving. Recall, the case of the Ghanaian starlet, Odartey Nii Lamptey, in those days who had to change his name and was assigned as Keshi's child in order to move to Anderlecht as an underage. Second, a player below the age may move along with a parent. Those are the conditions and those are important because they were conditions instituted to prevent child trafficking.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Otitokoro
Egg
Egg

Post by Otitokoro »

You're such a simpleton!
As explained by Enugu II, there are several examples of kids signed by the academy's of big clubs before their 18th birthday. They then, in some cases, go on to sign 'professional' contracts once they turn 18. Fact!
Samuel Chukwueze joined Villareal before he turned 18 and played for their U18 and B teams, before being promoted to their A team. Lionel Messi is another.
Again, some research would have helped you understand this, simpleton!.
Sunset wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2023 9:03 pm As I said earlier if you just did a tiny bit of research you wouldn't be here posting like an dumbass with these stupid conspiracy theories but here we are... Every single player you mentioned were all 18 by the time they were all signed something anyone with half a brain can find on google :sleep: