Togo and Gift Orban??

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle
Togo and Gift Orban??

Post by Bigpokey24 »

I read in a few fake naija sports sites , that Gift was left out because Togo claimed bobo no suppose play for SE and the bobo nah dem own, even though he had naija roots... how accurate is this?
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Togo and Gift Orban??

Post by Dammy »

Fake news, the boy is a Nigerian. Owngoalnigeria doing what it does best
I am happy
DIMKA76
Egg
Egg

Post by DIMKA76 »

Not unless he has played for their senior national team which I doubt or someone in NFF wants to make sure he drops befor he can play for Nigeria. Otherwise the news is garbage regarding Nationality. It is pretty clear he has a Nigerian passport pretty much locked down.
WE ARE ALL TOGETHER!!
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

thank you brothers
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
onovo
Egg
Egg

Post by onovo »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 12:05 pm I read in a few fake naija sports sites , that Gift was left out because Togo claimed bobo no suppose play for SE and the bobo nah dem own, even though he had naija roots... how accurate is this?
What Nationality did he use to sign for KAA Gent ? Is very important. Anyway, someone can carry more than one Nationality/Passport. The only thing that might cause a problem is if Gift has played in the National youth teams of Togo in the past
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

It really comes down to the player's choice at the end of the day. He is eligible to play for either Nigeria or Togo. I remember Cameroun trying to do something similar with Obafemi Martins
niyi
Egg
Egg

Post by niyi »

If he has ever played for the Togolese youth teams, then there’s a formal process to switching nationality.

I suspect the Togolese FA has something on him - maybe he’s playing with a different name/age.
Ona t'Olorun ngba soro
lati se ise re
ona re enikan ko mo
awamaridi ni!
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

niyi wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 7:04 pm If he has ever played for the Togolese youth teams, then there’s a formal process to switching nationality.

I suspect the Togolese FA has something on him - maybe he’s playing with a different name/age.
They can delay it all they like, but he will NOT play for them. No be by force. He told you he hates you and loves us, let it go.

I blame us sha! We allowed them to take Adebayor! Had we told them to shut up and sit down and took Adebayor from them, they'd know their place.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

niyi wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 7:04 pm If he has ever played for the Togolese youth teams, then there’s a formal process to switching nationality.

That thought crossed my mind a few months ago when I was wondering how a player can come from nowhere with no club history and perform as well as he did when he first joined the Belgian club.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

onovo wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 2:13 pm
Bigpokey24 wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 12:05 pm I read in a few fake naija sports sites , that Gift was left out because Togo claimed bobo no suppose play for SE and the bobo nah dem own, even though he had naija roots... how accurate is this?
What Nationality did he use to sign for KAA Gent ? Is very important. Anyway, someone can carry more than one Nationality/Passport. The only thing that might cause a problem is if Gift has played in the National youth teams of Togo in the past
I think if he did play with any Togolese national youth team that would be quite known. I don’t think that would be something that would be hidden in this day and age.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

danfo driver wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 7:29 pm

They can delay it all they like, but he will NOT play for them. No be by force. He told you he hates you and loves us, let it go.

I blame us sha! We allowed them to take Adebayor! Had we told them to shut up and sit down and took Adebayor from them, they'd know their place.
Is Togolese, Beninese or both?I’ve heard both of these nations being mentioned and he says he want to play for Nigeria.
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

Eaglezbeak wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 8:45 pm
danfo driver wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 7:29 pm

Is he Togolese, Beninese or both?I’ve heard both of these nations being mentioned and he says he want to play for Nigeria.
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
gochino
Egg
Egg

Post by gochino »

That's not important. Does he have Nigerian passport and has he played forTogo? That's what is important.
Ugbowo
Egg
Egg

Post by Ugbowo »

First off he was invited and hnored an invitation for a CAF Qualifying game. He needs a Nigerian passport to be able to do that. I think this is much ado about NOTHING. Unless there was something illegal done behind d scenes and Togo is threatening blackmail.....
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

Orban is Nigerian, Togo needs to fuuk off. They stole Seyi Adebayo who is full Nigerian from us but all of a sudden Orban is Togolese :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: . Damn near 1/2 their team is made up of Ghanaians and Nigerians. They can go to hell. I trust FIFA to rule in our favor. Nonsense.
Last edited by bret- hart on Thu Oct 12, 2023 4:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

gochino wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 10:43 am
That's not important. Does he have Nigerian passport and has he played forTogo? That's what is important.
If he didnt have a Nigerian Passport he would not have been able to honor the Sao Tome game. I blame the NFF and Piss-ero for not cap tieing him. Now we are dragging players with bum @$$ Togo. This is a shame. :curse:

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

bret- hart wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 4:30 am
If he didnt have a Nigerian Passport he would not have been able to honor the Sao Tome game. I blame the NFF and Piss-ero for not cap tieing him. Now we are dragging players with bum @$$ Togo. This is a shame. :curse:
To be fair to Peseiro Gift suffered a knock in training prior to the Sao Tome game. But I'm not too worried about Togo, it's not like it's Ivory coast or some top team we're dragging him with. All this gragra should be sorted out before the WCQ.
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

Tobi17 wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 5:16 am
bret- hart wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 4:30 am
To be fair to Peseiro Gift suffered a knock in training prior to the Sao Tome game. But I'm not too worried about Togo, it's not like it's Ivory coast or some top team we're dragging him with. All this gragra should be sorted out before the WCQ.
What about the U23?? Why wasn't he capped then? Useless criminal Salisu Yusuf called up bums from Azerbaijan and Afghanistan. Places where 419Naija's clients usually hustle in instead of better players like Boniface and Orban.

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Ugbowo wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 6:58 pm First off he was invited and hnored an invitation for a CAF Qualifying game. He needs a Nigerian passport to be able to do that. I think this is much ado about NOTHING. Unless there was something illegal done behind d scenes and Togo is threatening blackmail.....
Ugbowo,

Honoring a Nigerian invitation does not certify that the guy will play for Nigeria. One thing I agree, though, is that it means that he may be eligible to play for both countries.

For me, the lad better think carefully and evaluate his options BEFORE deciding. I know that this can be difficult for an individual because people often think I AM THE BEST and that is important for confidence. However, it is best to have outsiders who are not subservient to you to tell YOU THE HONEST TRUTH. If he has a good adviser like that then he will get the honest truth about the pros and cons of playing for each one of those countries.

Whatever his decision should be okay as long as he really thinks through and makes it about himself and his future. That is the bottomline.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
leftee
Egg
Egg

Post by leftee »

Why was he not invited for the friendly against Saudi Arabia?
"If You Need a Helping Hand, You'll Find One at the End of Your Arm"