Which of the fb players do we have a realistic chance of getting?

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Which of the fb players do we have a realistic chance of getting?

Post by Dammy »

Damunk wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 7:37 am
Eaglezbeak wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 8:52 pm Not Nigeria probably won’t be interested in any of the remaining players that are not wanted by their places of birth.By the time they’ve been forgotten by the nations they’re holding out for it’ll be clear why they are not wanted.
Ever heard of an abundance of riches?
That’s the reality for some countries and we pray we get there one day.
For instance, if Orban can’t make the Super Eagles because of Osimhen, Boniface, Moffi, Sadiq and Awoniyi, does that remove any quality from his game?m
Togo (who according to unreliable sources are already contesting his Nigerian nationality) would be absolutely foolish to snub him for choosing Nigeria first.
Pride goes before a fall and Nigeria needs to go and grab everything grab-able instead of deceiving ourselves that a German or English or Italian ‘reject’ is “not good enough” or “not wanted”.

Morocco is hitting the semi-finals of the World Cup and pushing for more by all means necessary, aggressively wooing their sons and daughters anywhere they can be found on the planet and we are here talking grammar….

Germany are trying to convince the young French player, Mathys Tel, who plays for Bayern Munich to switch over to them. That’s how competitive it is out there, yet some don’t want us to approach these players. Trying to convince them to play for us doesn’t stop us from developing a youth development program, they go side by side
I am happy
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Bell wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 5:27 am
Dammy wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 8:51 am 1. Noah Atubolu - Freiburg- goalkeeper
2. Michael Kayode- Fiorentina - Right-Back
3. Carney Chukwuemeka - Chelsea - midfielder
4. Michael Olise - Cr Palace - midfielder
5. Lesley Ugochukwu- Chelsea - midfielder
6. Tosin Adarabioyo- Fulham - Central defender
7. Eberechi Eze - Cr Palace - midfielder
8. Felix Udokhai - Augsburg - central defender
9. Arthur Okonkwo - Arsenal - Goalkeeper
10. Moritz Jentz - Wolfsburg - central defender
11. Curtis Jones - Liverpool - midfielder
12. Luca Koleosho- Burnley - Winger
13. Michael Folorunsho - Verona ( on loan from Napoli) - midfielder
14. Noni Madueke - Chelsea - midfielder
15. Caleb Okoli - Frosinone ( on loan from Atalanta) - central defender

THE REAL QUESTION IS...

...is that a serious way to build a dependable national team? To abandon establishment of serious youth development programs while hoping a player unable to make the national team of his place of birth would fall on your lap? How does that suggest a serious desire to someday win the WC? I haven't gone down the list but can someone remind me of an elite SE player who wasn't born in Nigeria?

Nigerians always looking to take the easy path and refusing to embrace the hardwork that is required for success. To be clear, I completely welcome and I'm happy to see foreign born Nigerians fighting for a place in the national teams but it shouldn't be a reason not to work on local kids. It need not be one or the other.
Bell
Chief Bell,
Why do you (and many others) continue to push this false narrative?
Where is the hard evidence that youth development programmes have been abandoned, and even if so, it is because of the recruitment of foreign-born Nigerians, ie that it is now “one or the other”?

Where is your acknowledgement that youth development and fb recruitment are not mutually exclusive and as things stand, both are happening?

Are you measuring youth development by when and how often we win the U17 World Cup? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Bell wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 5:27 am

THE REAL QUESTION IS...

...is that a serious way to build a dependable national team?
Bell
That's not the real question, it's a straw man.
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
Bell
Egg
Egg

Post by Bell »

Eaglezbeak wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 8:52 pm Not Nigeria probably won’t be interested in any of the remaining players that are not wanted by their places of birth.By the time they’ve been forgotten by the nations they’re holding out for it’ll be clear why they are not wanted.
For instance, if Orban can’t make the Super Eagles because of Osimhen, Boniface, Moffi, Sadiq and Awoniyi, does that remove any quality from his game?m
Togo (who according to unreliable sources are already contesting his Nigerian nationality) would be absolutely foolish to snub him for choosing Nigeria first.
Pride goes before a fall and Nigeria needs to go and grab everything grab-able instead of deceiving ourselves that a German or English or Italian ‘reject’ is “not good enough” or “not wanted”.

Morocco is hitting the semi-finals of the World Cup and pushing for more by all means necessary, aggressively wooing their sons and daughters anywhere they can be found on the planet and we are here talking grammar….

"...and we pray we get there one day"

Not the way the NFF is going about it, refusing to put in place a meaningful youth development system.
Bell
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Bell wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 9:07 am

Not the way the NFF is going about it, refusing to put in place a meaningful youth development system.
Bell
Sounds a little too ambiguous a statement to me.

1. “Refusal to”.
2. “Meaningful”.
What are the ‘refusing’ to do that they feasibly could do?
And what is the “meaningful” program they should have put in place? Has there been a “meaningful” program we have enjoyed and benefitted from in the past, for comparison?
All this of course should be put in the context of having been sacrificed for foreign-born player recruitment, as you have implied.

I just need to see some evidence of this.
It’s a popular claim and easy to trot out but how true is it really?
I’m not saying the NFF have done a great job, but it’s the claim that they are no longer doing what the used to do, because of these damn foreign-borns. :idea:
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

But Morocco are recruiting willing players not players that see them as plan B,Jordan Ibe is now playing Non-League football in England after turning down Nigeria,it’s not until the English made it clear he wasn’t in their plans that he got his agent to announce his availability but by that time his career was on a downward trajectory.
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

^^^
That’s what you see from afar.
Do you have any evidence that they are not having to…”beg” - as those frivolous anti-FB critics blike to claim we do?
There is always going to be a negotiation process behind the scenes, especially if they are of a top quality. Unless you are privy to that you can’t claim the Moroccans are more willing than ours.
I’m sure most foreign observers will see Lookman, Akpoguma and Torunarigha in our team and assume the same thing - that they came running to play for us.
It’s hardly ever that simple.
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

Damunk wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2023 6:49 am ^^^
Do you have any evidence that they are not having to…”beg” - as those frivolous anti-FB critics blike to claim we do?
There is always going to be a negotiation process behind the scenes, especially if they are of a top quality. Unless you are privy to that you can’t claim the Moroccans are more willing than ours.
I’m sure most foreign observers will see Lookman, Akpoguma and Torunarigha in our team and assume the same thing - that they came running to play for us.
In the case of Jordan Ibe I have met his father and he made it clear to me that his son will play for Nigeria.
I read an article a few years ago that he wanted to play for Nigeria but as I said he was fading as a player by then.
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Based on recent matches and the weak areas of Nigeria’s team, the biggest losses were the GK Bazunu (to Ireland 🇮🇪) and Ebere Eze (to England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 ).
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Eaglezbeak wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2023 5:49 pm
    In the case of Jordan Ibe I have met his father and he made it clear to me that his son will play for Nigeria.
    I read an article a few years ago that he wanted to play for Nigeria but as I said he was fading as a player by then.
    Ibe is the same person that wasn’t happy pronouncing his surname correctly.
    Secondly, I seem to recall him stating he DID NOT want to play for us.
    Nigerian curses don catch am.
    Enugu II
    Eaglet
    Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Damunk wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 12:58 pm

Bell

1. “Refusal to”.
    2. “Meaningful”.
    And what is the “meaningful” program they should have put in place? Has there been a “meaningful” program we have enjoyed and benefitted from in the past, for comparison?
    All this of course should be put in the context of having been sacrificed for foreign-born player recruitment, as you have implied.

I’m not saying the NFF have done a great job, but it’s the claim that they are no longer doing what the used to do, because of these damn foreign-borns. :idea:
    Damunk

I am surprised that you seem unaware of what was and what is now happening in the NFF.

For starters, do you realize the NFF had a youth program for U-15 players where tge likes of Iheanacho were developed? That youth program had regular training for these players at camp and they played several games but that program was ditched under Pinnick. It was a program that regularly fed our youth national teams and helped build a Nigerian presence for years at the U17 level. this was prominent under Lulu's NFF.

I am surprised or even shocked that you are not aware of that program and the fact that it was ditched.

These claims are not simply made from no where but they are factual. Pinnick felt he could build a youth program another way including using overseas based players at the U17 level. These things are documented. It seemed rational but his way did not prove successful. That much is also known.

For more read the Opera News story of 2020 titled Abandoning the Goose that constantly lay the eggs.
    The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
    Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
    Eaglezbeak
    Eaglet
    Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

In the case of Jordan Ibe I have met his father and he made it clear to me that his son will not play for Nigeria.
    Eaglezbeak
    Eaglet
    Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

In the case of Jordan Ibe I have met his father and he made it clear to me that his son will not play for Nigeria.
    Eaglezbeak
    Eaglet
    Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

Damunk wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2023 11:14 pm
      Ibe is the same person that wasn’t happy pronouncing his surname correctly.
      Secondly, I seem to recall him stating he DID NOT want to play for us.
      Nigerian curses don catch am.
      Sorry *did not
      Sleaky72
      Egg
      Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

There are some decent young players on that list.
      Olise
      Chukwuemeka
      and Noni

would be good for Nigeria …
      Damunk
      Flying Eagle
      Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Enugu II wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2023 3:04 am

Bell

1. “Refusal to”.
      2. “Meaningful”.

Damunk

I am surprised that you seem unaware of what was and what is now happening in the NFF.

For starters, do you realize the NFF had a youth program for U-15 players where tge likes of Iheanacho were developed?
      That youth program had regular training for these players at camp and they played several games but that program was ditched under Pinnick. It was a program that regularly fed our youth national teams and helped build a Nigerian presence for years at the U17 level. this was prominent under Lulu's NFF.

I am surprised or even shocked that you are not aware of that program and the fact that it was ditched.

These claims are not simply made from no where but they are factual. Pinnick felt he could build a youth program another way including using overseas based players at the U17 level. These things are documented. It seemed rational but his way did not prove successful. That much is also known.

For more read the Opera News story of 2020 titled Abandoning the Goose that constantly lay the eggs.
      :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
      Dear Prof,
      I am surprised you have completely forgotten the numerous debates we have had on this board about the youth programs.
      I am baffled how you have so easily forgotten my strong views on a national U13 and U15 programmes as they were once structured.
      I am dismayed that you do not recall that I moderated (with you by the way) a Zoom call on Cybereagles with the then NFF vice-President Seyi Akinwunmi who spoke at length on the national youth program.
      I am astonished that you are unaware of the countless times I have had to correct the impression that the youth program has been “abandoned”, posting and reposting quotes.
      Finally, I am astounded that you actually believe that I do not know that Iheanacho came through the U15 system, considering I was the one that dug out a picture of one of his earliest photographs in the national colours when he was probably about 13 years old.

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
      Dammy
      Eaglet
      Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Damunk wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2023 6:32 am
      Enugu II wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2023 3:04 am

Bell

1. “Refusal to”.
      2. “Meaningful”.

Damunk

For starters, do you realize the NFF had a youth program for U-15 players where tge likes of Iheanacho were developed?
      That youth program had regular training for these players at camp and they played several games but that program was ditched under Pinnick. It was a program that regularly fed our youth national teams and helped build a Nigerian presence for years at the U17 level. this was prominent under Lulu's NFF.

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
      Dear Prof,
      I am surprised you have completely forgotten the numerous debates we have had on this board about the youth programs.
      I am baffled how you have so easily forgotten my strong views on a national U13 and U15 programmes as they were once structured.
      I am dismayed that you do not recall that I moderated (with you by the way) a Zoom call on Cybereagles with the then NFF vice-President Seyi Akinwunmi who spoke at length on the national youth program.
      I am astonished that you are unaware of the countless times I have had to correct the impression that the youth program has been “abandoned”, posting and reposting quotes.
      Finally, I am astounded that you actually believe that I do not know that Iheanacho came through the U15 system, considering I was the one that dug out a picture of one of his earliest photographs in the national colours when he was probably about 13 years old.

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
      Bro, you go explain tire! :lol: :lol: :lol:
      I am happy
      nzeogwu
      Egg
      Egg

Post by nzeogwu »

Add GK Jonathan Rasheed to the list