Moses Simon you're World Class if..

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

highbury
Egg
Egg
Moses Simon you're World Class if..

Post by highbury »

Moses Simon will be World Class if he can work on his crosses. It is really inhibiting him. I am convinced that if he focuses on this, a big club will come for him. Age is not on his side. Come on Moses!!!
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Moses Simon you're World Class if..

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Una no dey learn. How many Afcons do you need to watch him play to realize he is what he is?
OCCUPY NFF!!
Babalawo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Babalawo »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2023 6:14 pm Una no dey learn. How many Afcons do you need to watch him play to realize he is what he is?
Good on his feet. Good pace, can dribble but can’t cross.
A type of player you bring in 75mins+ when the opposing wing back is exhausted. Apart from that, he’s nothing but a squad member.
Peter Obi For President 2023
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

He is one of our best forwards. He creates opportunities for us more that those phantom superb forwards we have.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2023 6:14 pm Una no dey learn. How many Afcons do you need to watch him play to realize he is what he is?
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
waka-man
Egg
Egg

Post by waka-man »

He would start every game if it were up to me
-------------------------------------------
MY NAME IS WAKA-MAN, and YES, I AM A CHELSEA FAN. Please don't hate me - I was fan when David Ellery dashed Cantona two penalties as Man U beat us 4-0 in the FA Cup final. So I've paid my dues.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

:rotf: :rotf:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

highbury wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2023 5:33 pm Moses Simon will be World Class if he can work on his crosses. It is really inhibiting him. I am convinced that if he focuses on this, a big club will come for him. Age is not on his side. Come on Moses!!!
Not at this age. If you haven’t worked on your crosses by now, it’s never going to happen.
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

Babalawo wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2023 6:44 pm
A type of player you bring in 75mins+ when the opposing wing back is exhausted. Apart from that, he’s nothing but a squad member.
His problem is that there’s nothing he’s great at. He’s not that fast, has basic dribbling skills, can’t cross, isn’t incisive enough and has dodgy decision making.

A player doesn’t have to have it all. But to stand out, you should be great at something. What’s Simon’s calling card? Nothing
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Scipio Africanus »

Learn to walk first before you try to run. I would settle for a simple pass into the box from him. Beat your man, then whip that ball in. 20% of the time, that should create a decent goal scoring opportunity.

Wha choo looking at?!
Polly
Egg
Egg

Post by Polly »

I sympathize with Simon's difficulty in crossing with his left foot even as a senior pro. But bewildering is that he has a simple and effective dribble when he drives towards the corner flag but then lifts the ball up over the defender's foot and back towards his own side. It is shocking that he never learned to whip that ball--at that point on his own right foot and his own terms--into the box.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

he is nowhere near world class.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

vancity eagle wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2023 6:06 pm he is nowhere near world class.
Its an insult to the phrase "world class" to put his name close to that phrase. its even a joke! and thats why i laughed earlier. You have top players who are 1000x better than him who are not even close to world class. Do they even know what world class mean? We are talking of Mbappe, Osimhen, De Bruyne, Haaland, Bellingham, Silva, Salah, Kane, etc etc.. Even if Moses Simon was the best crosser in the world, he wouldnt even be in the same paragraph as these players. World class ko, smelling class ni. please dont make me laugh :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Simon Moses is no where close to being world class, decent at best...but there are times you watch him play so well for Nantes and wonder "what could have been"
Babalawo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Babalawo »

Last time Moses had an outstanding game for the SE was against Egypt at the last ANC.
Peter Obi For President 2023
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

1naija wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2023 7:09 pm He is one of our best forwards. He creates opportunities for us more that those phantom superb forwards we have.
As a defender and a coach, I love him. He makes you compact in defending and he does provide attacking options.

But as the thread starter stated, he would be world-class if he adds the ability to provide consistent quality crosses.

What I am loving about the team is that we are getting to a stage of having quality options. Just need help fixing the goalkeeper issue.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cellular »

danfo driver wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2023 6:37 pm
Its an insult to the phrase "world class" to put his name close to that phrase. its even a joke! and thats why i laughed earlier. You have top players who are 1000x better than him who are not even close to world class. Do they even know what world class mean? We are talking of Mbappe, Osimhen, De Bruyne, Haaland, Bellingham, Silva, Salah, Kane, etc etc.. Even if Moses Simon was the best crosser in the world, he wouldnt even be in the same paragraph as these players. World class ko, smelling class ni. please dont make me laugh :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
I disagree!
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

He should be starting
Polly
Egg
Egg

Post by Polly »

I sympathize with Simon's difficulty in crossing with his left foot even as a senior pro. But bewildering is that he has a simple and effective dribble when he drives towards the corner flag but then lifts the ball up over the defender's foot and back towards his own side. It is shocking that he never learned to whip that ball--at that point on his own right foot and his own terms--into the box.
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Simon Moses crosses the ball well when he plays at Nantes, infact majority of his assists there have come from well delivered crosses, so why doesn't he replicate the same in the SE? or is it a tactical set up issue?
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

Why do we shrine players after they have 2-3 good games? Simon is what he is. Isn’t he the same guy that fell off after the Egypt game at AFCON. The guy thought he was Messi and was dribbling in cul-de-sac. I’m fine if he makes the team or not.
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Cellular wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2023 9:00 pm
I disagree!
So if Moses Simon could cross, he'd be in the same category has Silva, De Bruyne, Salah? And he nominated for Balon D'Or? :rotf: :rotf: Uncle please no make me remove the kola nut I left for you in the fridge.
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cellular »

danfo driver wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 8:22 am
Cellular wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2023 9:00 pm
I disagree!
So if Moses Simon could cross, he'd be in the same category has Silva, De Bruyne, Salah? And he nominated for Balon D'Or? :rotf: :rotf: Uncle please no make me remove the kola nut I left for you in the fridge.
He might not be at the class of the other players you mentioned but if he did add the ability to provide crosses like say Trent Alexander-Arnold (whom I think provides one of the scrumptious of crosses), yes, I will personally consider Moses World-Class. And it is my opinion.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

Babalawo wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2023 6:44 pm
At the highest level you can’t afford to bring on a player that can’t cross the ball,imagine you need a goal and have a player like Oshimen that needs crosses into the box against a team that you know can’t handle him but Simons just cuts into the box and shoots at the sun?
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI