Nigeria Falcons 4 - 0 Ethiopia (Ajibade X2, Kanu, Oshoala)

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet
Nigeria Falcons 4 - 0 Ethiopia (Ajibade X2, Kanu, Oshoala)

Post by jette1 »

Game is at 4pm Nigeria time 8AM pst
Last edited by jette1 on Tue Oct 31, 2023 4:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: NIGERIA VS ETHIOPIA

Post by Dammy »

Links?
I am happy
bigapple
Egg
Egg

Post by bigapple »

jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

So empty stadium even with free entry

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
Abbey
Egg
Egg

Post by Abbey »

This doesn’t look like the same team that just played in the World Cup. Too much jittery nerves
A Person convinced against his will is of the same opinion still.
Thunder
Egg
Egg

Post by Thunder »

The Ethiopians are well versed in time wasting. :D
WHATEVER, WHEREEVER, & WHENEVER, FOREVER ARSENAL! I am an ARSENALIST!
"Wise men talk because they have something to say, fools talk because they have to say something." - Plato
waka-man
Egg
Egg

Post by waka-man »

Abbey wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 4:33 pm This doesn’t look like the same team that just played in the World Cup. Too much jittery nerves
Different manager for one thing. The set up for each match at the WC was very clever.

Also the Ayinla / Uchebe partnership was the fulcrum upon which that team pivoted. Without it there’s less coordination in the middle third.
-------------------------------------------
MY NAME IS WAKA-MAN, and YES, I AM A CHELSEA FAN. Please don't hate me - I was fan when David Ellery dashed Cantona two penalties as Man U beat us 4-0 in the FA Cup final. So I've paid my dues.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Abbey wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 4:33 pm This doesn’t look like the same team that just played in the World Cup. Too much jittery nerves
Commentator (obviously a neutral amateur analyst from Jamaica) says:
“It seems the Nigerians are playing without a coach because they look confused”.

Damn. Sounds like there is a problem!
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
bigapple
Egg
Egg

Post by bigapple »

Good goal!!!
olu
Egg
Egg
Re: NIGERIA 1 VS 0 ETHIOPIA

Post by olu »

Who is coaching the team in Waldrum's absence, and did NFF decide to part ways with Waldrum?
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

Damunk wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 4:53 pm
“It seems the Nigerians are playing without a coach because they look confused”.

Team is obviously trash without Waldrum

jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

olu wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 5:00 pm Who is coaching the team in Waldrum's absence, and did NFF decide to part ways with Waldrum?
Onagbemi Florence probably

greg
Egg
Egg

Post by greg »

This is the interim coach:
solo
Egg
Egg

Post by solo »

Falcon poor technical display is very obvious in the 1st leg and this match
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

Waldrum is a decent coach. I wouldn't consider him a tactical genius by any means. The poor performance maybe more of a reflection of the limited technical competence of the interim coaches, and not a reflection of lack of quality among the players.
jette1 wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 5:03 pm

bigapple
Egg
Egg

Post by bigapple »

2 0
waka-man
Egg
Egg

Post by waka-man »

Nigerians are so bad with crosses. You’d think we didn't have any christians in the country…
MY NAME IS WAKA-MAN, and YES, I AM A CHELSEA FAN. Please don't hate me - I was fan when David Ellery dashed Cantona two penalties as Man U beat us 4-0 in the FA Cup final. So I've paid my dues.
Thunder
Egg
Egg

Post by Thunder »

olu wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 5:22 pm Waldrum is a decent coach. I wouldn't consider him a tactical genius by any means. The poor performance maybe more of a reflection of the limited technical competence of the interim coaches, and not a reflection of lack of quality among the players.
jette1 wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 5:03 pm

Watched his team(Pittsburgh)played on Sunday. Deborah Abiodun game has improved in leaps & bounds. A gain for the falcons.
WHATEVER, WHEREEVER, & WHENEVER, FOREVER ARSENAL! I am an ARSENALIST!
"Wise men talk because they have something to say, fools talk because they have to say something." - Plato
bigapple
Egg
Egg

Post by bigapple »

3 0
waka-man
Egg
Egg

Post by waka-man »

A bit better this half.
waka-man
Egg
Egg

Post by waka-man »

bigapple
Egg
Egg

Post by bigapple »

4 0
waka-man
Egg
Egg

Post by waka-man »

Super Zee turned on the after-burners