Pitso interested in Super Eagles

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Pitso interested in Super Eagles

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

If this Pitso guy is as good as you guys say he is, why isn’t he coaching South Africa and why has he never coached South Africa? After all, charity, they say, begins at home🤔❗️

Cheers.
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Babadee wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 6:52 am
Cellular wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 1:17 am
Babadee wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 1:04 am
danfo driver wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 4:48 pm This is one coach I have been waiting for, for years! God please help out here.
Why would you want a South African to coach super eagles?

Can u imagine an Argentinan coach Brazil?
Not even remotely the same thing.

The comparison would be Ghana or Cameroon.

But Coach Pitso is a good coach.
Aside from his coaching acumen and the way he sets up his team, I believe that Naijaria could take a massive PR and Foreign Policy coup by making such a hire.
'
Take the lead for once.
I think u are imagining the PR benefits. I think it will be a laughing point. An ex Bafana player coaching SE

You might not see them as your rivals but they see Super Eagles as rivals.

I would not want that man near the eagles at all. I don’t care if he won psl a hundred times.

I would take Finidi Siasia Oliseh Mikel Obi over him

Keshi was not a technical guru but he was an excellent man manager.

That’s what SE need
I agree with you. I know Pitso admires the SE, i watched him on Soccer Africa a few years ago gush over the SE. He loved the fact that the SE don’t fear any opponents and even knows the opening stanza of the national anthem but his nationality is against him. I don’t want any African coach for the SE, it’s either a Nigerian or a coach from any of the top footballing nations
I am happy
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

Nobody works for free.
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Dammy wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 7:24 am
danfo driver wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 4:48 pm This is one coach I have been waiting for, for years! God please help out here.

Aside from his coaching acumen and the way he sets up his team, I believe that Naijaria could take a massive PR and Foreign Policy coup by making such a hire.
'
Take the lead for once.
I think u are imagining the PR benefits. I think it will be a laughing point. An ex Bafana player coaching SE

I would not want that man near the eagles at all. I don’t care if he won psl a hundred times.

That’s what SE need
I agree with you. I know Pitso admires the SE, i watched him on Soccer Africa a few years ago gush over the SE. He loved the fact that the SE don’t fear any opponents and even knows the opening stanza of the national anthem but his nationality is against him. I don’t want any African coach for the SE, it’s either a Nigerian or a coach from any of the top footballing nations
Let me into your head on this.
You’d prefer a qualified Nigerian coach above every other. Perfectly understood.
But you’d prefer an Oyibo coach over a fellow African?
If he were a Zimbabwean, Gabonese, Ghanaian, Ivorian or Senegalese nko?
Help me out here….
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

The Pitso I know will definitely give us a fantastic midfield to compliment our stacked attacking options, NFF had better not allow this opportunity slip by, the man is one of most underrated coaches out there and a huge fan of the Super Eagles.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Tobi17 wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 9:47 am The Pitso I know will definitely give us a fantastic midfield to compliment our stacked attacking options, NFF had better not allow this opportunity slip by, the man is one of most underrated coaches out there and a huge fan of the Super Eagles.
I’m all for it as long as he has the pedigree.
Our coaches need to take a leaf from him and travel to learn - like the rest of their fellow countrymen in all other professions.
Nigerian coaches are like English coaches and players - they stay at home.
It shows.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

packerland wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 4:41 am
Enugu II wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 11:34 pm
kalani JR wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 11:27 pm A south African coaching my Green Eagles, over my dead body.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Pitso is a good coach. I wanted oblong head to either him or Renard if they don’t want to hire Finidi or Amuneke. His team plays attacking football. He also doesn’t back down to anyone.
How my beloved CE has fallen, twenty years ago the late great SUYA and our main man Babafad would have shut the forum down on the suggestion.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 7:17 am If this Pitso guy is as good as you guys say he is, why isn’t he coaching South Africa and why has he never coached South Africa? After all, charity, they say, begins at home🤔❗️

Cheers.
You are embarassing yourself again, Tony the rotten kitty cat. :oops: :oops: You are clearly educated, use your education for once! :oops:
Last edited by danfo driver on Wed Nov 29, 2023 3:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

'
Take the lead for once.

That’s what SE need
This one is more worried about optics than winning titles. This is the mentality I have spoken about. Tomorrow, Dammy will come and say I am "emotional and dramatic." :lol: :lol:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Damunk wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 8:59 am
Dammy wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 7:24 am

'
Take the lead for once.

That’s what SE need
Let me into your head on this.
You’d prefer a qualified Nigerian coach above every other. Perfectly understood.
But you’d prefer an Oyibo coach over a fellow African?
If he were a Zimbabwean, Gabonese, Ghanaian, Ivorian or Senegalese nko?
Help me out here….
This is where we are today In Africa. What a sad sad sad sight to see. Pan-Africnism our forefathers fought for is truly dead! tufiakwa! :oops: :oops:
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

kalani JR wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 1:54 pm
kalani JR wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 11:27 pm A south African coaching my Green Eagles, over my dead body.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Pitso is a good coach. I wanted oblong head to either him or Renard if they don’t want to hire Finidi or Amuneke. His team plays attacking football. He also doesn’t back down to anyone.
How my beloved CE has fallen, twenty years ago the late great SUYA and our main man Babafad would have shut the forum down on the suggestion.
Suya and Babadad were/are winners! Thats the difference between the former CE and the loser-ridden one we have today. I can assure you that the great CE of twenty-years ago would have organized a committee to go to the NFF leadership and demand and appointment that will bring us titles! Today, na to organize zoom call like civil servants una sabi :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Anyway, when is the next zoom call, make i begin prepare my attendance. :lol:
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

danfo driver wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 3:29 pm
kalani JR wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 1:54 pm
Suya and Babadad were/are winners! Thats the difference between the former CE and the loser-ridden one we have today. I can assure you that the great CE of twenty-years ago would have organized a committee to go to the NFF leadership and demand and appointment that will bring us titles! Today, na to organize zoom call like civil servants una sabi :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Anyway, when is the next zoom call, make i begin prepare my attendance. :lol:
I'm thinking of setting one up just before the AFCON.
ahidjo2
Egg
Egg

Post by ahidjo2 »

Somebody asked an important question and no reasonable response has been provided. Why is he not coaching SA at the moment if he is as good a national team coach as some people are claiming without any iota of evidence (except with some irrelevant club achievements). Club coaching is not the same as national team coaching. Yes he may have been successful as a club coach and won several awards but how that will translate to an equally successful stint with a national team is the issue. He was the South African coach in 2010 and failed to qualify for 2012 AFCON and was also the assistant coach in the preceding years. I do not understand how we think that coaching club teams can be equated to coaching national teams. The conditions and factors are clearly different. That is not to say that he may not achieve success with national teams, he may, just like any other coach due to specific localized factors. The point is that concluding that he will do well with Nigeria because he has done well with clubs is unreasonable. He tried with South Africa and wasn't that successful. If he still wants to coach a national team outside of South Africa, he shouldn't start with Nigeria. That's even embarrassing. South Africa should not, I repeat should not be looking in other directions if they still think that he is the solution to their national team problems today. In my view, Tom has the experience of working in Africa with national teams and a very hard worker at that. He has worked with the NFF before and even came out tops in interviews but was overturned by powers that be. He is the best at the moment, in my view.
blueangel
Egg
Egg

Post by blueangel »

Pitso Mosimane

South Africa national team

Mosimane served as the caretaker coach of the South African national team, nicknamed as Bafana Bafana, for seven games in 2007, prior to the appointment of Carlos Alberto Parreira as head coach of the national team, whom Mosimane served as an assistant coach under during the 2010 FIFA World Cup. He also served as assistant to Joel Santana during the 2009 FIFA Confederations Cup, Parreira's successor and later predecessor.

On 15 July 2010, Mosimane was named as the new head coach of South Africa and was handed a four-year contract.[4] He won his first game in charge in a 1–0 win over World Cup quarter-finalists Ghana. South Africa failed to qualify for the 2012 African Cup of Nations after Mosimane mistakenly played for a draw in the final qualifier against Sierra Leone, when in fact a victory was required.[5]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pitso_Mosimane
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

ahidjo2 wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 4:24 pm Somebody asked an important question and no reasonable response has been provided. Why is he not coaching SA at the moment if he is as good a national team coach as some people are claiming without any iota of evidence (except with some irrelevant club achievements). Club coaching is not the same as national team coaching. Yes he may have been successful as a club coach and won several awards but how that will translate to an equally successful stint with a national team is the issue. He was the South African coach in 2010 and failed to qualify for 2012 AFCON and was also the assistant coach in the preceding years. I do not understand how we think that coaching club teams can be equated to coaching national teams. The conditions and factors are clearly different. That is not to say that he may not achieve success with national teams, he may, just like any other coach due to specific localized factors. The point is that concluding that he will do well with Nigeria because he has done well with clubs is unreasonable. He tried with South Africa and wasn't that successful. If he still wants to coach a national team outside of South Africa, he shouldn't start with Nigeria. That's even embarrassing. South Africa should not, I repeat should not be looking in other directions if they still think that he is the solution to their national team problems today. In my view, Tom has the experience of working in Africa with national teams and a very hard worker at that. He has worked with the NFF before and even came out tops in interviews but was overturned by powers that be. He is the best at the moment, in my view.
ahidjo2,

First let me point out that Tom Saintfiet has done well for himself in his short stays on most of his tenure at different places. I do not take that away from him. However, to allude that he should be a shoo-in simply because of a few reasons regarding Pitso, is neither here nor there.

(1) There are numerous coaches who have coached at both club and national team levels including the several who have managed Nigeria in the past. In fact, Saintfiet has done similarly. The point is, is there something you find about Pitso that precludes his ability to do so? Moreover, #$% demonstrated above, Pitso has managed a national team prior. So does that change your mind?

(2) The issue of why does he not start with South Africa? Well, you know the answer now -- he did! Nevertheless, I find that immaterial. Amunerke took Tanzania to the AFCON and he did not have to start by first managing Nigeria. There are other examples. In essence, I find that issue immaterial.

(3) The truth of the matter is that \Pitso is well qualified to manage Nigeria but the reality is Nigeria cannot afford to pay him. That is, ultimately, the bottom-line. It has nothing to do with his quality and his prospects.

(4) Of course, Nigeria can have Saintfiet. It will not be because he is as better prospect than Pitso. In fact, the contrary is the case -- Pitso is a better prospect. Nevertheless, Saintfiet to Nigeria is more likely because of the issue of wages, affordability, and he will take the pay but he is also crafty and will not stay long with payment shenanigans. That is the bottom-line.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

The only edge that Tom Saintfet will have over Pitso is that he will assuage some natives who only want an oyibo.

And those who are against Pitso, because he is African, are no different from the xenophobes in SA.

Togo hired the great Stephen Keshi before we gave him a chance (as a head coach).
Tanzania hired Amuneke before we gave him a chance.
But for some reason, we can't give Pitso, a man who has shown to be able to coach and who actually is a fan of the Super Eagles because he is South African?

This exchange confirms what I have suspected when we coined the term WOWO. Some of you guys just want any oyibo. Any oyibo. You don't want a good coach. Any oyibo will do.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

Enugu II wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 8:10 pm
ahidjo2 wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 4:24 pm Somebody asked an important question and no reasonable response has been provided. Why is he not coaching SA at the moment if he is as good a national team coach as some people are claiming without any iota of evidence (except with some irrelevant club achievements). Club coaching is not the same as national team coaching. Yes he may have been successful as a club coach and won several awards but how that will translate to an equally successful stint with a national team is the issue. He was the South African coach in 2010 and failed to qualify for 2012 AFCON and was also the assistant coach in the preceding years. I do not understand how we think that coaching club teams can be equated to coaching national teams. The conditions and factors are clearly different. That is not to say that he may not achieve success with national teams, he may, just like any other coach due to specific localized factors. The point is that concluding that he will do well with Nigeria because he has done well with clubs is unreasonable. He tried with South Africa and wasn't that successful. If he still wants to coach a national team outside of South Africa, he shouldn't start with Nigeria. That's even embarrassing. South Africa should not, I repeat should not be looking in other directions if they still think that he is the solution to their national team problems today. In my view, Tom has the experience of working in Africa with national teams and a very hard worker at that. He has worked with the NFF before and even came out tops in interviews but was overturned by powers that be. He is the best at the moment, in my view.
ahidjo2,

First let me point out that Tom Saintfiet has done well for himself in his short stays on most of his tenure at different places. I do not take that away from him. However, to allude that he should be a shoo-in simply because of a few reasons regarding Pitso, is neither here nor there.

(1) There are numerous coaches who have coached at both club and national team levels including the several who have managed Nigeria in the past. In fact, Saintfiet has done similarly. The point is, is there something you find about Pitso that precludes his ability to do so? Moreover, #$% demonstrated above, Pitso has managed a national team prior. So does that change your mind?

(2) The issue of why does he not start with South Africa? Well, you know the answer now -- he did! Nevertheless, I find that immaterial. Amunerke took Tanzania to the AFCON and he did not have to start by first managing Nigeria. There are other examples. In essence, I find that issue immaterial.

(3) The truth of the matter is that \Pitso is well qualified to manage Nigeria but the reality is Nigeria cannot afford to pay him. That is, ultimately, the bottom-line. It has nothing to do with his quality and his prospects.

(4) Of course, Nigeria can have Saintfiet. It will not be because he is as better prospect than Pitso. In fact, the contrary is the case -- Pitso is a better prospect. Nevertheless, Saintfiet to Nigeria is more likely because of the issue of wages, affordability, and he will take the pay but he is also crafty and will not stay long with payment shenanigans. That is the bottom-line.
Kpom!
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
ahidjo2
Egg
Egg

Post by ahidjo2 »

ahidjo2,

Fair enough. I still do not think that Pitso should handle the Super Eagles at this time until he has proved himself with a national team elsewhere. Countries usually go for coaches from other countries that have higher or similar pedigree and I'm not sure this applies in this case. Most importantly, I do not think that this is the right time to employ a South African considering that we are in the same world cup qualifying group. I do not see Cameroun, Ghana or even South African hiring a Nigerian as a coach in the nearest future due to clear reasons no matter how good he is. For now, if Nigeria must hire an African, that African should be a Nigerian.
Last edited by ahidjo2 on Wed Nov 29, 2023 10:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

danfo driver wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 3:21 pm
TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 7:17 am If this Pitso guy is as good as you guys say he is, why isn’t he coaching South Africa and why has he never coached South Africa? After all, charity, they say, begins at home🤔❗️

Cheers.
You are embarassing yourself again, Tony the rotten kitty cat. :oops: :oops: You are clearly educated, use your education for once! :oops:
You must have been badly neglected as a child. That would explain your rather desperate need for attention. In barely 10 years on the CE forum, you’ve made about 25,000 posts that really do not say anything🤔❗️

Cheers.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

ahidjo2 wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 10:00 pm
ahidjo2,

Fair enough. I still do not think that Pitso should handle the Super Eagles at this time until he has proved himself with a national team elsewhere. Countries usually go for coaches from other countries that have higher or similar pedigree and I'm not sure this applies in this case. Most importantly, I do not think that this is the right time to employ a South African considering that we are in the same world cup qualifying group. I do not see Cameroun, Ghana or even South African hiring a Nigerian as a coach in the nearest future due to clear reasons no matter how good he is. For now, if Nigeria must hire an African, that African should be a Nigerian.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Brother, you already said what your true problem is here and it has NOTHING to do with his quality. Its about his skin color and his nationality. Please lets focus on your truth here and not allow small xenophobia get in the way. :D
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Uncle, how many Al-Ahly games have you watched your entire football watching life, talkless the one coached by this guy? Nigeria is too big for this dude. He ahould apply for Enyimba when Finidi leaves.
Enugu II wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 7:09 pm
Purity wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 4:25 pm

First of all, this guy is much better than Rohr, Peseiro, Saintfiet, or whoever Nigeria has considered in the last decade. Am I surprised that most on CE would not have an inkling about him? Not all. After all, he is not in Europe so why would they know? But if you do not know him, KNOW THIS...... He took Sundowns to a 5-0 massacre of African perennial champion Al Ahly of Egypt in a continental cup final. Al Ahly promptly hired him away from Sundowns.

In any case, I have big doubts that this guy will be hired by Nigeria:

1. He is South African and based on the way we think -- Why hire a South African when Nigeria is in the same WCQ group as South Africa? Never mind that he is a professional coaching based on remuneration and not some nationalistic sentiment.

2. If NFF was asking for a pay cut with Peseiro and we really think Nigerian can pay Pitso? Think asgain. Nigeria can only settle for the likers of Rohr and Peseiro as far as funds matter.

In my view, this is a mere phishing stiory either from Pitso's party or from the NFF.

His Record as Manager
Supersport United

Nedbank Cup: 2005
SAA Super Eight Cup: 2004
Mamelodi Sundowns

Premier Soccer League: 2013–14, 2015–16, 2017–18, 2018–19, 2019–20
Nedbank Cup: 2014–15, 2019–20
Telkom Knockout: 2015, 2019
CAF Champions League: 2016
CAF Super Cup: 2017

Al Ahly

Egypt Cup: 2019–20
CAF Champions League: 2019–20, 2020–21
CAF Super Cup: 2021 (May), 2021 (Dec)

Al-Ahli

Saudi First Division League: 2022–23
Individual
PSL Coach of the Season: 2013–14, 2015–16, 2017–18, 2018–19, 2019–20[27]
CAF Coach of the Year: 2016
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Tribalism no good o! Just imagine how the tribalist dwarf will bleet if a yoruba man was appointed to coach Rivers or Sharks. :lol: :lol:
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

Cheers.
He said he may do so in the future but he wants more exciting projects. Apparently, national teams are boring, except for the Nigeria Eagles. There is always some drama brewing somewhere with the Eagles. :)
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu