It's Up To Peseiro - Sweden Top Division Goalkeeper Open To Solving Super Eagles Crisis In Goal At AFCON

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: It's Up To Peseiro - Sweden Top Division Goalkeeper Open To Solving Super Eagles Crisis In Goal At AFCON

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

mcal wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 12:06 pm
Tobi17 wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 11:07 am This is why I'm open to higher-ups within the NFF picking the squad for the AFCON (don't care what anyone thinks), cause left to Pisseiro, that moron will still stick to his Div 2 benchwarmers and Uzoho at the AFCON. NFF should just meddle and pick the team, we aren't winning the AFCON anyway so we might as well take our chances with players that are on popular demand.
...that is wrong. Micromanaging a national team will not succeed.
I can understand they suggest players, and facilitate for him to check said players out where they are.
But the FA picking and forcing players on the coach is a no no.
When things go south on match day na the coach and players una dey blame not the FA (who probably picked the players).
I am not convinced the NFF isn’t forcing players on the coaches. No sane coach would make the kind of wholesale changes we’ve seen in recent times from game to game. That is a clear sign of external influences at work🤔❗️

Cheers.
packerland
Egg
Egg
Re: It's Up To Peseiro - Sweden Top Division Goalkeeper Open To Solving Super Eagles Crisis In Goal At AFCON

Post by packerland »

ohenhen1 wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 5:07 pm Anyways the height is not even an issue. Vincent Enyeama was like 6 foot. The major problem I don’t think he is athletic based on what I have seen. He is 32 years old, never made it to a big club. Plays in Sweden. I may be wrong. I have no problem with a friendly invite. Certainly not for Afcon. Also still looking for a full match video.
Let it go bro. You have an issue with his height, weight & age or you will never would’ve mentioned it. What big clubs did Carl Ikeme play for before he represented us? The guy was very good in the short time he played for us. Most goal keepers are in their prime in their 30s.

Uzoho is cheeks and we need as many goal keepers as we can find to battle it out for the #1 down to #4.
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

packerland wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 5:35 pm
ohenhen1 wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 5:07 pm Anyways the height is not even an issue. Vincent Enyeama was like 6 foot. The major problem I don’t think he is athletic based on what I have seen. He is 32 years old, never made it to a big club. Plays in Sweden. I may be wrong. I have no problem with a friendly invite. Certainly not for Afcon. Also still looking for a full match video.
Let it go bro. You have an issue with his height, weight & age or you will never would’ve mentioned it. What big clubs did Carl Ikeme play for before he represented us? The guy was very good in the short time he played for us. Most goal keepers are in their prime in their 30s.

Uzoho is cheeks and we need as many goal keepers as we can find to battle it out for the #1 down to #4.
Funny thing is the guy looks so much more athletic and faster runner than Uzoho, much quicker off his line and seems comfortable passing out the back as well…he’s worth at least a look…
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

The English championship is better than the Swedish league, Ikeme was unfortunate he was going to play in the EPL and star for Nigeris but fell ill, Ikeme is a good goalkeeper.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
Schillachi
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Schillachi »

ohenhen1 wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 2:50 pm
Babadee wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 12:37 pm
ohenhen1 wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 6:30 am He is 31 playing in Sweden. I know 5 NPFL GKs that are better.
Been a goal keeper at 31 is like an outfielder at 25. Still young for a goalkeeper
31 year old in Sweden. I have my doubts.
Your current goal keeper is a bench warmer in Cyprus. Are you okay?
NIGERIAN BADBOY!
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Schillachi wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 6:25 pm
ohenhen1 wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 2:50 pm
Babadee wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 12:37 pm
ohenhen1 wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 6:30 am He is 31 playing in Sweden. I know 5 NPFL GKs that are better.
Been a goal keeper at 31 is like an outfielder at 25. Still young for a goalkeeper
31 year old in Sweden. I have my doubts.
Your current goal keeper is a bench warmer in Cyprus. Are you okay?
Uzoho should be benched. I would go with a NPFL local goalkeeper. There is talent in the local league. Go and watch Kingdom Osayi of Doma FC.

ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Kingdom Osayi
Doma FC
19 years old
6’5”

Should be groomed. At least 3rd choice. Bring him in to train with the national team coaches. This guy will soon leave the local league.

maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

ohenhen1 wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 6:49 pm Kingdom Osayi
Doma FC
19 years old
6’5”

Should be groomed. At least 3rd choice. Bring him in to train with the national team coaches. This guy will soon leave the local league.
We are looking for someone who can play at the ANC, this guy might be one for the future so we can give him a game or two like they did for Enyeama at the WC vs England but can this guy be the answer for the ANC?
Super Eagus 4 Life!
jungle-jawara
Egg
Egg

Post by jungle-jawara »

ohenhen1 wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 5:20 am

He looks overweight and short. He is also 31. We have good goalkeepers in the local league. I am not buying the hype,
He is neither short nor fat. But you don't seem to like him. Also he is 31 years of age, not only is he of good age for a goal keeper, he is also younger than some of our active defensive line. You want goal keeper in the local league that are younger and better, fine. Who are the goal keepers? It's not only enough to say their are goal keepers, take a bold step forward and name them. Also, I read where is says he wants to fight for a shirt if given the opportunity. I'm guessing that's what we should really glamor for.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Synopsis wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 6:02 am
ohenhen1 wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 5:50 am
Synopsis wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 5:37 am
ohenhen1 wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 5:20 am

He looks overweight and short. He is also 31. We have good goalkeepers in the local league. I am not buying the hype
He is 191cm / 6'3"
He doesn't look 6'3".

No thank you. We need to find a long term solution and there are other options. But I know because he plays in a foreign league like Sweden, he will get the usual hype.
I don’t see why we can’t bring this guy and NPFL goalkeepers. Let them see who’s the best during training .
While I agree with you, I do so with hesitation. Sometimes, players do well in practice, but fail to show-up in real games
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: It's Up To Peseiro - Sweden Top Division Goalkeeper Open To Solving Super Eagles Crisis In Goal At AFCONfir

Post by ohenhen1 »

Afcon is too soon for him. I would imagine
Uzoho
Obasogie
Ojo
Adeleye
Okoye

Are ahead of him.

We need a friendly in 2024.

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: It's Up To Peseiro - Sweden Top Division Goalkeeper Open To Solving Super Eagles Crisis In Goal At AFCONfir

Post by danfo driver »

ohenhen1 wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 8:20 pm Afcon is too soon for him. I would imagine
Uzoho
Obasogie
Ojo
Adeleye
Okoye

Are ahead of him.

Yea, you are right. Its too soon... after you guys have been humiliated and knocked out by poor goalkeeping, you can come back and beg for proper goalkpeeing. TUEH! :oops:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

danfo driver wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 10:35 pm
ohenhen1 wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 8:20 pm Afcon is too soon for him. I would imagine
Uzoho
Obasogie
Ojo
Adeleye
Okoye

Are ahead of him.

Yea, you are right. Its too soon... after you guys have been humiliated and knocked out by poor goalkeeping, you can come back and beg for proper goalkpeeing. TUEH! :oops:

So a 32 year old GK from the Swedish league is better than a Obasogie.?

Rogermilla
Egg
Egg

Post by Rogermilla »

Based off the highlights, I think he certainly deserves to be looked at. My observations so far. He seems poised, has a good command for his defence and has good reflexes. I even noticed a penalty in the video which he saved. That to me is a big plus. That already shows composure and focus.

I will not rule him out simply because he plays in Sweden. He is a starter for his team and has the motivation to showcase himself. His age is still a very good one for goalkeepers.

With what we have seen of Uzoho, any challenge for the starting position is very much welcome. Also I did not notice any overweight like it was insinuated. If anything, he looks fit and of average weight and height for a goalie.

I will certainly invite him to camp if I were the SE coach
"History shows that this club has had very few strikers like him. I do not know if there has ever been anyone like him before. What I do know is that Barcelona should erect a statue for him. Samuel was a fundamental player here in recent years and was key to all of the titles that the team won."

Andres Iniesta, August 2009
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Peseiro plan A is still Maduka Okoye. They are trying to convince him to return.

But we have talent in Nigeria. This is just one in several options.

I am not sweating it.

kawawa
Egg
Egg

Post by kawawa »

ohenhen1 wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 5:02 pm
maceo4 wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 4:49 pm
ohenhen1 wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 4:42 pm Football website says he is 32.191cm is 6’26”. I still think that height is a padded.
Let it go bro, how can you judge from a video? Haba, and you want to challenge documented info simply because it doesn’t vibe with your biased view. Did you also look up his weight to prove he is fat as well? Our current number one is a bench warmer in Cyprus of all places, a starter in Sweden is a huge step up…
I use my self as a reference. I know what a 6’4” guy look like. He is at best 6’1”
See humble brag. I think someone just wanted to tell us he is 6’4”
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

ohenhen1 wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 11:21 pm Peseiro plan A is still Maduka Okoye. They are trying to convince him to return.

I am not sweating it.
Sorry the guy in Sweden looks much better…
Super Eagus 4 Life!
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

maceo4 wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 1:09 am
ohenhen1 wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 11:21 pm Peseiro plan A is still Maduka Okoye. They are trying to convince him to return.

I am not sweating it.

I have to disagree on that one. He is also 23. About to hit his prime. The guy has good technique. That penalty save shows his athleticism. Get him more good coaching and you have a potential solution to the GK problems.
H

maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

ohenhen1 wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 1:13 am

I am not sweating it.

I have to disagree on that one. He is also 23. About to hit his prime. The guy has good technique. That penalty save shows his athleticism. Get him more good coaching and you have a potential solution to the GK problems.
H
Goal keepers hit their prime in their 30s, remember Schmeichel and Van Der Sar even 23 yo Enyeama was way below 31 year old one…so this might be one for the future but not this ANC…sorry
Super Eagus 4 Life!
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

maceo4 wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 1:30 am

-
I am not sweating it.

H
Goal keepers hit their prime in their 30s, remember Schmeichel and Van Der Sar even 23 yo Enyeama was way below 31 year old one…so this might be one for the future but not this ANC…sorry
I disagree. goalkeepers hit their prime mid 20's but can play longer than most players. I want them to invite the Swedish league GK. The only way to shut down the hype on CE if for them to play. I have gone through this same situation with the likes of Peter Ijeh and etc. Invite him for Afcon camping. I think we can have 28 in camp. Lets see what he can do. Does he even have a Nigerian passport?

maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

ohenhen1 wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 1:35 am
maceo4 wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 1:30 am

-
I am not sweating it.

H
I disagree. goalkeepers hit their prime mid 20's but can play longer than most players. I want them to invite the Swedish league GK. The only way to shut down the hype on CE if for them to play. I have gone through this same situation with the likes of Peter Ijeh and etc. Invite him for Afcon camping. I think we can have 28 in camp. Lets see what he can do. Does he even have a Nigerian passport?
This is a good read, it’s more like late 20s into early 30s for GKs

https://theathletic.com/2935360/2021/11 ... eak/?amp=1
Goalkeepers are the oldest positional group, with the latest peak age and plenty of players playing well into their early 30s too, as denoted by the lighter shading. It’s a position in which fewer opportunities are given to younger players, and experience seems to be prioritised over younger, fitter goalkeepers.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Afcon starts in January. Camping end of December. You want to invite a 32 year old from the Swedish league to come and play for Nigeria. Not sure he has a passport or has even visited Nigeria. No serious coach will invite new players at the stage let's be serious. I would go with the homebase goalkeepers that have already been called up plus Osayi. Osayi would be the understudy 19 year prospect. I wouldnt have a 32 year as a 3rd choice. Got to build for the future.

packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

ohenhen1 wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 4:59 am Afcon starts in January. Camping end of December. You want to invite a 32 year old from the Swedish league to come and play for Nigeria. Not sure he has a passport or has even visited Nigeria. No serious coach will invite new players at the stage let's be serious. I would go with the homebase goalkeepers that have already been called up plus Osayi. Osayi would be the understudy 19 year prospect. I wouldnt have a 32 year as a 3rd choice. Got to build for the future.
Nna nawa for you. You’ve bashed his age, height, weight, league and not it’s his documentation. This dude sounds humble. This guy has come out and said he wants to play for us (not hide behind an agent). He also said he may not be better than our current gks but he wants to come fight for a spot. It sounds like you don’t want him to beat out your local heroes.
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .