Sadiq with another golazzo!

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

KIZONZO
Egg
Egg
Re: Sadiq with another golazzo!

Post by KIZONZO »

Damunk wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 9:01 am
ANC wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2023 11:11 pm wow.
:clap:
Exactly.
You see this long range shooting thing, nor be beans.

There aren’t too many SE long range goals that come to mind, no matter how far back we go. Onuachu (on his debut), Iheanacho (set pieces) Yekini, Okocha, Oliseh…. probably a few more.
If we have this kind of weapon in our arsenal we don’t have to rely on ‘fox-in-the-box’ type of strikers or fast breakaways for our goals.
It gives us an option we haven’t really had in a long while. I might be wrong but at least in the last 30 years, Yekini is the only striker I recall that consistently scored from long range shooting for both club (Vitoria Setubal) and country.

Tbh, I’ve always wondered why this is the case, especially when I watch some of these scrawny players in Europe shooting deadly missiles from 30 yards out.
Ever heard of a guy named Obafemi Martin's?
You never realize what you have till you lose it.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Sadiq with another golazzo!

Post by Damunk »

KIZONZO wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 2:22 am
Damunk wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 9:01 am
ANC wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2023 11:11 pm wow.
:clap:
Exactly.
You see this long range shooting thing, nor be beans.

There aren’t too many SE long range goals that come to mind, no matter how far back we go. Onuachu (on his debut), Iheanacho (set pieces) Yekini, Okocha, Oliseh…. probably a few more.
If we have this kind of weapon in our arsenal we don’t have to rely on ‘fox-in-the-box’ type of strikers or fast breakaways for our goals.
It gives us an option we haven’t really had in a long while. I might be wrong but at least in the last 30 years, Yekini is the only striker I recall that consistently scored from long range shooting for both club (Vitoria Setubal) and country.

Tbh, I’ve always wondered why this is the case, especially when I watch some of these scrawny players in Europe shooting deadly missiles from 30 yards out.
Ever heard of a guy named Obafemi Martin's?
Yup.
Awesome player but greatly underrated in my opinion.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "