Pick Your Top 8 Midfieders for AFCON Squad.....

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Pick Your Top 8 Midfielders for AFCON Squad.....

Poll ended at Wed Jan 03, 2024 8:11 pm

Wilfred NDIDI (Leicester, ENGLAND)
13%
Frank ONYEKA (Brentford, ENGLAND)
12%
Alex IWOBI (Everton, ENGLAND)
13%
Joseph ARIBO (Southampton, ENGLAND)
4%
Ahmed MUSA (Sivaspor, TURKEY)
No votes
Samuel CHUKWUEZE (AC Milan, ITALY)
11%
Moses SIMON (FC Nanters, FRANCE)
11%
Ademola LOOKMAN (Atalanta, ITALY)
10%
Raphael ONYEDIKA (Club Brugge, BELGIUM)
8%
Gift ORBAN (KAA Gent, BELGIUM)
5%
Fisayo DELE-BASHIRU (Mataspor, TURKEY)
1%
Kelechi IHEANACHO (Leicester, ENGLAND)
12%

Total votes: 156

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet
Pick Your Top 8 Midfieders for AFCON Squad.....

Post by Enugu II »

Pick your top 8 midfielders for the AFCON. Please bear in mind that these include wide and central midfielders.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Synopsis
Egg
Egg
Re: Pick Your Top 8 Midfieders for AFCON Squad.....

Post by Synopsis »

We don’t have a box to box midfielder.
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Where is Alhasan Yusuf? His name should be on the list.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Wilfred NDIDI
Frank ONYEKA
Alex IWOBI
Samuel CHUKWUEZE
Moses SIMON
Ademola LOOKMAN
Gift ORBAN
Kelechi IHEANACHO
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Enyi
Egg
Egg

Post by Enyi »

It’s either Alhassan or Onyedika
The stupid neither forgive nor forget- the smart forgive- but never forget" -Thomas Szasz.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and consciencious stupidity."
-Martin Luther King- Jr.

“Our Audacity to rise from our losses is what makes Nigerian the number one footballing nation in Africa - Stephen Keshi RIP

Those who don't take decisions never make mistakes."..........
Babadee
Egg
Egg

Post by Babadee »

Chukwueze Lookman and Iheanacho are all forward players per Super eagles typical list

midfielders if I was choosing

Iwobi
Ndidi
Onyeka
Onyedika
Dele Bashiru
Abiodun Ogunniyi
Ifeanyi Matthew
Alhassan Yusuf

No Aribo
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

I was checking the boxes until I saw Musa’s name and I unchecked everything I checked. This poll is not serious.
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

packerland wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 1:33 am I was checking the boxes until I saw Musa’s name and I unchecked everything I checked. This poll is not serious.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Ol'boy, you must respect our captain. I was looking at the voting and none of you has shown any respect, at all. Na waaaa ooo
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

I would take Iwobi, Ndidi, Onyeka, Aribo, Nwakali, Dele-Bashiru, Yusuf.
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

Ndidi, Iwobi, Onyeka, Onyedika, Nwakali,Yusuf, Matthew, FDB
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

bret- hart wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 6:57 am Ndidi, Iwobi, Onyeka, Onyedika, Nwakali,Yusuf, Matthew, FDB
Kpom
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

olu wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 6:49 am I would take Iwobi, Ndidi, Onyeka, Aribo, Nwakali, Dele-Bashiru, Yusuf.
Aribo must be a family member or something otherwise...
naijaguy
Egg
Egg

Post by naijaguy »

No Nathan Tella?? Nawao
I am just and Ordinary guy being used by an extraordinary God.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

olu wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 6:49 am I would take Iwobi, Ndidi, Onyeka, Aribo, Nwakali, Dele-Bashiru, Yusuf.
Happy to see that Nwakali is finally getting the appreciation he deserves. :thumbs:
OCCUPY NFF!!
Agbako
Egg
Egg

Post by Agbako »

Personally I do not see any midfielder yet in our Team. I am sorry. Ndidi cut small (as defensive) thats All. As for me oooo.. That list no be am. Which one of the players really are playmakers in any team they play for? Or we dont know what a Midfielder do any more? If Iwobi is a midfielder in his team ok
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

Agbako wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 5:03 pm Personally I do not see any midfielder yet in our Team. I am sorry. Ndidi cut small (as defensive) thats All. As for me oooo.. That list no be am. Which one of the players really are playmakers in any team they play for? Or we dont know what a Midfielder do any more? If Iwobi is a midfielder in his team ok
Speak for yourself. FDB, Mathhew, Nwakali can playmake. Ndidi can also play futher up the pitch. You seem to forget that most African midfielders are used primarily as DMs in Europe. Even Mikel had to play DM despite being an AM/CM naturally.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

bret- hart wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 5:30 pm
Agbako wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 5:03 pm Personally I do not see any midfielder yet in our Team. I am sorry. Ndidi cut small (as defensive) thats All. As for me oooo.. That list no be am. Which one of the players really are playmakers in any team they play for? Or we dont know what a Midfielder do any more? If Iwobi is a midfielder in his team ok
Speak for yourself. FDB, Mathhew, Nwakali can playmake. Ndidi can also play futher up the pitch. You seem to forget that most African midfielders are used primarily as DMs in Europe. Even Mikel had to play DM despite being an AM/CM naturally.
He’s right. We have other MF at Barca, Man City and Liverpool that are not on the list.They are real MF.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Listed by OwnGoal

Wilfred Ndidi
Ademola Lookman
Moses Simon
Sam Chukwueze
Raphael Onyedika
Joseph Aribo
Frank Onyeka
Alex Iwobi
Kelechi Iheanacho

CE's Selection

Wilfred Ndidi
Ademola Lookman
Moses Simon
Sam Chukwueze
Raphael Onyedika
Joseph Aribo
Frank Onyeka
Alex Iwobi
Kelechi Iheanacho
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

Enugu II wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2023 11:49 pm Listed by OwnGoal

Wilfred Ndidi
Ademola Lookman
Moses Simon
Sam Chukwueze
Raphael Onyedika
Joseph Aribo
Frank Onyeka
Alex Iwobi
Kelechi Iheanacho

CE's Selection

Wilfred Ndidi
Ademola Lookman
Moses Simon
Sam Chukwueze
Raphael Onyedika
Joseph Aribo
Frank Onyeka
Alex Iwobi
Kelechi Iheanacho
EII,

You appear to be inferring that a CE member is a key contributor in OG🤔❗️

Cheers.
oyek
Egg
Egg

Post by oyek »

I don't think we should be going to that AFCON without Alhasan Yusuf.
If not for Jesus, where will i be?
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

oyek wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2023 1:14 pm I don't think we should be going to that AFCON without Alhasan Yusuf.
Sometimes I wish we didn’t have this many forwards and just keep things simple. It seems like the coaches are having a hard time dropping some of these strikers/forward players for central midfielders.
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
BigMuze
Egg
Egg

Post by BigMuze »

packerland wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2023 1:47 pm
oyek wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2023 1:14 pm I don't think we should be going to that AFCON without Alhasan Yusuf.
Sometimes I wish we didn’t have this many forwards and just keep things simple. It seems like the coaches are having a hard time dropping some of these strikers/forward players for central midfielders.
You aren’t far from the truth man. All we need are 3 strikers, as in outright 9s. Osimhen, Bonniface and Moffi or Sadiq, Whether it is 23 or 27 names. We are already lucky to have Iheanacho deputising as an attacking midfielder or winger. It’s a simple decision for a coach with common sense. We need at most 4 wingers to support these guys. So easy to pick; Chucky, Simon, Lookman, plus 1 (Tella, Musa, even Nacho). Then, even all they don’t play he can use the training time to build on our midfield personnel and give some other MF players a chance to blend with the team, ie Fisayo D-B, Yusuf, Nwakali, etc. , then the likes of Daga, Michael etc. it’s so unfortunate we find ourselves in this position with an unreasonable coach with unreasonable tactics.
"Everyone, and particularly every true beliver, should decide which is more important to them. But as for me, I choose eternity over lifetime".
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

We must have at least 7 midfielders in the final 27 man squad, this final list be a litmus test as to how truly stupid or reasonable Peseiro is, cause if he plans to line up his redundant 424/442 formation again, then we are in for a long ride before the first game.