Ndidi out of Afcon!!

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Ndidi & Nacho out of Afcon?

Post by maceo4 »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 3:24 am
Dammy wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 11:08 pm
wiseone wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 10:39 pm Indeed. Ndidi often makes the decision to get injured before major tournaments and deprive himself of the chance to win AFCON or World Cup winner medals. In fact he often pays opposition players to deliberately injure him with dangerous tackles, as Ndidi much prefers to play in Championship matches rather than in international tournaments against the best players in the world.
Dammy wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 9:48 pm There are reports online that it’s been confirmed that Ndidi is out of AFCON and Alhassan Yusuf called up as a replacement.
I’m pissed off with him. He never seems to know how to preserve himself and prioritise matches. He gets injured too often in meaningless matches and misses important matches for Nigeria. He’s unreliable as far as I’m concerned.
I’m venting but read below:-

Get French Football News
@GFFN
"There are some that are thinking more about AFCON than their club. They are paid by the club, they aren't paid by AFCON. The guys need to think first and foremost about their club."

Montpellier manager Michel Der Zakarian on the upcoming AFCON. ⬇️

https://bit.ly/3TdIeeZ
This is blatant European hypocrisy.

No one in Europe is making any waves about Asian players leaving for the Asian cup in January but they’ll do everything in their power to frustrate Africans who want to represent their respective countries🤔❗️

Cheers.
Bros, they’d argue the number of players affected is much more higher for AFCON compared than the Asian Cup, what do you think about that argument?

Take English footie for example there are over 30 African players going to AFCON compared to 9 from 6 teams for the Asian Cup…Let’s not even start talking about French, Belgian leagues etc…

Majority of the players in the Asian Cup actually play in Asia, not quite the same with Africa…we are too dependent on them so they feel they can talk anyhow…Asians put their money where it counts and keep their top players in their league paying them well…

Asian Cup:
https://www.nbcsports.com/soccer/news/w ... -asian-cup

https://sports.yahoo.com/does-asian-cup ... 15724.html

AFCON:
https://www.nbcsports.com/soccer/news/w ... of-nations
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

maceo4 wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 3:38 am
wiseone wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 10:39 pm Indeed. Ndidi often makes the decision to get injured before major tournaments and deprive himself of the chance to win AFCON or World Cup winner medals. In fact he often pays opposition players to deliberately injure him with dangerous tackles, as Ndidi much prefers to play in Championship matches rather than in international tournaments against the best players in the world.
Dammy wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 9:48 pm There are reports online that it’s been confirmed that Ndidi is out of AFCON and Alhassan Yusuf called up as a replacement.
I’m pissed off with him. He never seems to know how to preserve himself and prioritise matches. He gets injured too often in meaningless matches and misses important matches for Nigeria. He’s unreliable as far as I’m concerned.

Get French Football News
@GFFN
"There are some that are thinking more about AFCON than their club. They are paid by the club, they aren't paid by AFCON. The guys need to think first and foremost about their club."

No one in Europe is making any waves about Asian players leaving for the Asian cup in January but they’ll do everything in their power to frustrate Africans who want to represent their respective countries🤔❗️

Cheers.
Bros, they’d argue the number of players affected is much more higher for AFCON compared than the Asian Cup, what do you think about that argument?

Take English footie for example there are over 30 African players going to AFCON compared to 9 from 6 teams for the Asian Cup…Let’s not even start talking about French, Belgian leagues etc…

Majority of the players in the Asian Cup actually play in Asia, not quite the same with Africa…we are too dependent on them so they feel they can talk anyhow…Asians put their money where it counts and keep their top players in their league paying them well…

Asian Cup:
https://www.nbcsports.com/soccer/news/w ... -asian-cup

https://sports.yahoo.com/does-asian-cup ... 15724.html

AFCON:
https://www.nbcsports.com/soccer/news/w ... of-nations
A lot of Asian country have good football leagues with top facilities.
OCCUPY NFF!!
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

Get French Football News
@GFFN

Cheers.
...note many of Asian money are invested in European football unlike African.
The problem is CAF leadership don't protect African players abroad, or at home especially.
Their interest are more abroad as indicated in recent annual awards on the continent.
Shows they don't give a fluke about the continent, this afcon is faker show.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Ndidi out of Afcon!! MF Crises?

Post by Enugu II »

I just have a hunch that there will be more to this story and much of it may not be palatable to Nigerians. There are things here, some related to recent past that make me wonder. I will be confirming those in the coming days for whatever it is worth.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

mcal wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 5:29 am

Get French Football News
@GFFN

Cheers.
...note many of Asian money are invested in European football unlike African.
The problem is CAF leadership don't protect African players abroad, or at home especially.
Their interest are more abroad as indicated in recent annual awards on the continent.
Shows they don't give a fluke about the continent, this afcon is faker show.
Another good point and perspective too…
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

̶O̶s̶i̶m̶h̶e̶n̶ (Mikel) himself has admitted on record that Nigerian players fake injuries to avoid matches.

He said, the only deterrent now is that Nigeria will often ask to diagnose the player themselves...

Otherwise, yes, it is very much a real thing, right from the horse's mouth.

If we the fans say that a particular footballer may be faking injury, it may not be NOT a wild guess, but might be possible. The Super Eagles players THEMSELVES have said that they do it.

All the statements I have given in this thread (though I am standing my them) are only my personal opinions. I believe them, though they are not known to be facts.

I have edited this post, not because I do not believe it as an opinion, but to clarify as strongly as possible that it is only an opinion and not a fact.
Last edited by Tbite on Wed Jan 03, 2024 10:46 am, edited 3 times in total.
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Tbite wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 6:27 am Osimhen himself has admitted on record that Nigerian players fake injuries to avoid matches.

He said, the only deterrent now is that Nigeria will often ask to diagnose the player themselves...

If we the fans say that Ndidi may be faking the injury, it is NOT a wild guess, but actually HIGHLY likely. The Super Eagles players THEMSELVES have said that they do it.
Pls stop the ridiculousness. Ndidi has served us well and he deserves the benefit of the doubt. To suggest that he might be faking injury is character assassination of the highest order.
OCCUPY NFF!!
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Tbite wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 6:27 am Osimhen himself has admitted on record that Nigerian players fake injuries to avoid matches.

If we the fans say that Ndidi may be faking the injury, it is NOT a wild guess, but actually HIGHLY likely. The Super Eagles players THEMSELVES have said that they do it.
I didn’t hear that, any link?
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

maceo4 wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 7:03 am

If we the fans say that a particular footballer may be faking injury, it may not be NOT a wild guess, but might be possible. The Super Eagles players THEMSELVES have said that they do it.
I didn’t hear that, any link?
From the Obi One Podcast. He may have tried to be diplomatic and maybe he said 'used to' or some sort of convenient way to separate the previous crop from his teammates, I'll try to find the exact time.

but for one this is the link.

Last edited by Tbite on Wed Jan 03, 2024 10:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

I'm going to need some help finding the exact mark, I watched it when it was released. I can't even remember why the discussion started, which would help to finding it. And I would rather not rewatch it entirely.

Unless it Mikel when himself who said it, in his discussion about Conte. I'll check that link. But It was 100% from that podcast. I'll update when I find it.
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

Ndidi will be missed if he's injured. Yusuf is a very capable replacement if called up.
Cmoke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cmoke »

Fake injury ke?
Can any of our strikers fake injury when they know they can lose their spot to another equally talented striker?

As we get talents in every area, nobody go pass off the chance to wear the green white green!

Cmoke :D :D :D :D :D :D

Ndidi's coach released him for evaluation by our medical team, so nothing spoil!

wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

:shock:

FFS, that is a serious allegation without any evidence at all. It is such a scandalous allegation that it could bankrupt you in court on a libel lawsuit if Ndidi was the suing type.

What motivation does Ndidi have for faking an injury in order to miss the AFCON? Do you really think be prefers to play in 2nd division matches in freezing cold small towns in England in the middle of winter, and that he does not want to play in an international tournament that will put him in the shop window and in which his team is always one of the favourites to reach the latter rounds?
Tbite wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 6:27 am
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

All the statements I have given in this thread (though I am standing my them) are only my personal opinions. I believe them, though they are not known to be facts. No points are made towards any specific player, it is only an opinion related to the group in general.
Last edited by Tbite on Wed Jan 03, 2024 10:58 am, edited 3 times in total.
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

Cmoke wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 7:28 am Fake injury ke?
Can any of our strikers fake injury when they know they can lose their spot to another equally talented striker?

As we get talents in every area, nobody go pass off the chance to wear the green white green!

Cmoke :D :D :D :D :D :D

Ndidi's coach released him for evaluation by our medical team, so nothing spoil!

You guys are acting a bit naive. Nigerian footballers can be strategic at times. Victor Moses was available for the Olympics but knew he couldn't leave because of Conte. He has also made other decisions at other times to prioritise his club career. Nsofor admitted that the World Cup was more important to the players because of playing themselves into big clubs.

Regarding the injury claim, one of Mikel or Osimhen made the statement, I am digging through the podcast as we speak to get it.

The fact is, it is possible. You may love our players and think of them faultless and spotless, but this is the reality. Nigerian players have had a history of purposefully avoiding tournaments. The so called spot is a bit naive. If they have enough stature they will get their spot back. Obafemi Martins, Okocha etc. all toyed with national call ups. Even Emmanuel Dennis without any stature was toying with us. They are not the boyscouts or desperate beggars you make them out to be. They have pull and they have their own individual agendas too.

I think these days they are more likely to be noble and doing the right thing, than in the days of Kanu etc. but I think the possibility is always there. You can never be certain that what they claim to have happened is the case.

My sceptism is warranted and well founded. If you are not sceptical, I find that very surprising. We can argue about the specific words that I used. "highly" instead of perhaps "somewhat" likely" instead of "possible". We can argue on those grounds, but to rubbish the claim entirely is rather irresponsible and fanciful.

All the statements I have given in this thread (though I am standing my them) are only my personal opinions. I believe them, though they are not known to be facts.
Last edited by Tbite on Wed Jan 03, 2024 10:45 am, edited 2 times in total.
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

Ok I found the quote lol. Mikel Obi was the one that said it on the Rio Podcast.

Start from around 43:00

The video should start playing from there. I will actually try to download the video, clip it and upload it as a separate video, since there are some people here who are acting like they have never followed Nigerian football before lol. C'mon this is supposedly Cybereagles and people are saying faking injuries is a wild claim?

C'mon lads. Are you guys Nigerians or Egyptians? Do you know your own country?

When Mikel Obi made that statement, it was the first time I heard a Nigerian player admit it on record, but I was 0.00000000% surprised. Basically he was admitting what I already knew.

Now if you want better evidence than this, it would involve getting text messages, emails etc. (which I am sure actually exist), but abeg I have better things to do with my time than turning into a spy.

To be clear (for the gotcha CE crowd and wannabe Johnny Cochrans) I am not saying that any SPECIFIC player did anything. I just suspect all of them.

I think the person that could actually be successfully sued would be Mikel, by perhaps some sort of player's union or maybe the NFF etc. because he has made specific or definitive claims. I have made no such claims. However, I am certain I would be able to track down players who could give further evidence if they were not afraid. The issue is most players would probably lie. Probably I would need to target disgruntled players. There are some things you just know are true.

https://www.nigerianeye.com/2011/09/mik ... ainst.html
https://blueprint.ng/afcon-the-gigantic-tournament/

This is just the evidence I found on the world wide web. if I wanted to actually investigate this issue myself, I could make more headlines than Annas. But it is not something that interests me. So when people throw around words like Libel around something that is actually happening and expect me to be scared. I laugh. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

John Ogu, Eguavoen, Mikel Obi, these are the people who have given you the quotes so far. One is on video, for those who doubt the other sources.

I won't backtrack on my original statement, only to say that the degree of likelihood is obviously unknown on my part, only that it is somewhere between a non zero number and 100. Though they will not be able to prove malice or negligence. I made the comment based on actual evidence and without any definitiveness. I think an ex footballer making such unreserved comments is evidence. I will further clarify though that my statement is in regards to Nigerian footballers in general, of which any Super Eagles player is only a placeholder.

Last edited by Tbite on Wed Jan 03, 2024 10:43 am, edited 3 times in total.
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

You are not a lawyer are you?

🤦🏾
Tbite wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 9:17 am
In other words I suspect EVERY and ANY Nigerian footballer who is injured before a tournament of faking an injury,

That is NOT libel and will be thrown out of court. In much the same way that I suspect ANY and EVERY track athlete of taking performance enhancing drugs.

Anybody who thinks it is unlikely or even impossible is being foolish. It would be libel if I said that Ndidi definitely faked his injury. As far as damages go, that would also be thrown out of court. Because my statements are NOT scandalous, this is actually the normal perception and expectation.
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Tbite, while footballers around the globe 🌎 have been known to get suspiciously well timed "injuries" to avoid playing in meaningless international friendly matches, faking injury to avoid playing in a month long international tournament that they might win is another matter. 🏆
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

wiseone wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 10:06 am Tbite, while footballers around the globe 🌎 have been known to get suspiciously well timed "injuries" to avoid playing in meaningless international friendly matches, faking injury to avoid playing in a month long international tournament that they might win is another matter. 🏆
When it is all said and done, based on the evidence that I have heard from Nigerian managers, footballers etc. I think you cannot rule out the possibility of Nigerian footballers conspiring with their foreign club.

In fact the NFF itself has changed its own protocol BASED on this. That would be another piece of evidence. Why did the NFF change its protocol of verifying injuries independently? The NFF itself does not trust the foreign clubs, and yet you do?

In fact, the NFF should have sent its doctor out to monitor the player. As for whether it is a friendly a month long tournament, I see no reason why any constraint should be placed. All I am saying is it is possible.

The 'highly likely' statement that I made was ambiguous, because it presupposes that I know the actual probability. But I obviously used those words to contrast against the notion that it was a wild guess. It is not a wild guess. There is a pattern of deceit from Nigerian footballers over the years. We have quotes now. Of course Rohr went on to deny it, but my personal opinion is that it is not to be taken seriously.

I choose to be sceptical of any injury by any Nigerian footballer. I see no reason why I should take their word for it. Professionals from their circles have pointed out some of their practices. I think unless the evidence from their part is beyond irrefutable, I will exercise some level of doubt. I.e. a gruesome injury.
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

wiseone wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 10:03 am You are not a lawyer are you?

🤦🏾
Tbite wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 9:17 am
In other words I suspect EVERY and ANY Nigerian footballer who is injured before a tournament of faking an injury,

That is NOT libel and will be thrown out of court. In much the same way that I suspect ANY and EVERY track athlete of taking performance enhancing drugs.

Anybody who thinks it is unlikely or even impossible is being foolish. It would be libel if I said that Ndidi definitely faked his injury. As far as damages go, that would also be thrown out of court. Because my statements are NOT scandalous, this is actually the normal perception and expectation.
Okay. I have had some legal counsel. And I think the key thing to point out is to separate the group identification from the individual. I think it is possible the group fakes injuries based on the evidence from Mikel, as for the Individual, it is then only my opinion that it may be possible. Emphasis on opinion. This clarifies that I am not projecting any definitive fact. Though I think in my original statement that was also clear when I said if we the fans say.

These are opinions, not facts. But as for my own credibility based on the sources I gave, I have provided them.

Once again. All the statements I have given in this thread (though I am standing my them) are only my personal opinions. I believe them, though they are not known to be facts.

Actually I will remove all reference to Ndidi directly and limit it to the players themselves. I will only say that I am sceptical based on my opinion.
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

He doesn't want to play with Uzoho, isn't it obvious. Lmao. Our chances have just taken a severe blow, dude is irreplaceable in our MF.
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 6:34 am

Pls stop the ridiculousness. Ndidi has served us well and he deserves the benefit of the doubt. To suggest that he might be faking injury is character assassination of the highest order.
I have edited my posts. All I wanted to prove (and I have) is that can happen our team. That was it. And I say that sincerely. It was not about the player. I have actually removed his name from my posts. I made that mistake.

It isn't purely to avoid legal scrutiny, but because my points were not about the player but our wider footballing culture. I am sceptical of all Nigerian footballers and the entire football dynamic. I want to make that clear. There is nothing from any specific player that I am alluding to.

If you guys want to also edit your posts to also not make mention of the player, that would also further convey no negative sentiment towards any specific player. Moderators, please also feel free to intervene. I think my intention should clear.

I think there are just some things that become endemic in sports. In track and field you have PEDs, hence, I suspect all of them, in our youth teams we used to have age cheating, hence, pre MRI I suspect all of them. And as far as dodging national call ups, I am always sceptical. Let me be clear. I wanted to show that the scepticism was well founded (and I clearly have proven this). The intention was not to point at any specific individual. That would be moronic. What do I know about any specific individual.

Once again, I apologise for not making that clear. I think people like me who are not careful around the types of language used are in the wrong, but those who what to argue that there is no grounds for scepticism whatsoever are also wrong. I hope that both these cases have proven today. Sometimes on a forum like this, I think of it as a bunch of guys at the pub throwing out ideas. But I know that Eagles' nest is indexed and I would not like for any negative outcomes to come onto the player. I will edit as much as I can for clarification, but once again, the moderators are urged to do more where it is inadequate.
Last edited by Tbite on Wed Jan 03, 2024 10:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

Ndidi is just injury prone and prolly thinking about life after football. He is not willing to play with an injury and jeopardize his last years. I have nothing but respect for the boy. Let's stop casting aspersions and get on with it