Friendly: Nigeria 0-2 Guinea FT - Gbeseiro's post-game thoughts

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Friendly: Nigeria 0-2 Guinea FT

Post by airwolex »

So we have missed two Pks already? Musa and Simon? Toh
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

airwolex wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 4:39 pm So we have missed two Pks already? Musa and Simon? Toh
Two brainless players cut from the same fabric, shouldn't come as a surprise.

It's players like Gift Orban, Tella, Moffi etc that I even feel bad for.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

airwolex wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 4:39 pm So we have missed two Pks already? Musa and Simon? Toh
Twiddle Dvmb and Tweedle DvmbA55 :lol: :lol: :lol:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

danfo driver wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 4:40 pm
Twiddle Dvmb and Tweedle DvmbA55 :lol: :lol: :lol:
We're truly a disgrace, and the scary part is that we might get to see more of Musa with Boniface feared injured and unfit...this is the insult we have to deal with cause a retarded coach and his NFF co-retards failed to get the memo that a 27 man squad was needed for depth incase of situations like this.

I love Nigeria (God knows I do), but I genuinely HATE the imbec1les that run this country, from top to bottom it's all a rot.
Last edited by Tobi17 on Mon Jan 08, 2024 4:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Friendly: Nigeria 0-1 Guinea

Post by 1naija »

How is this our second team? Because Osimhem is missing?

I don't have any problem with him using the second team for this game given that we have a real game in a few days, but I doubt that's why we lost. Peseiro is just a poor coach.

anointed wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 1:29 pm
anointed wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 1:27 pm Line up

23 Nwabali (GK)
3 Zaidu
5 Ekong (C)
12 Osayi-Samuel
22 Omeruo
20 Awaziem
4 Abdullahi
25 Onyedika
11 Chukwueze
15 Simon
19 Sadiq

https://dailypost.ng/2024/01/08/nigeria ... full-list/
Looks like a 2nd team.

Why not test your first team?
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
oglex30
Egg
Egg
Re: Friendly: Nigeria 0-1 Guinea

Post by oglex30 »

1naija wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 4:45 pm How is this our second team? Because Osimhem is missing?

I don't have any problem with him using the second team for this game given that we have a real game in a few days, but I doubt that's why we lost. Peseiro is just a poor coach.

anointed wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 1:29 pm
anointed wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 1:27 pm Line up

23 Nwabali (GK)
3 Zaidu
5 Ekong (C)
12 Osayi-Samuel
22 Omeruo
20 Awaziem
4 Abdullahi
25 Onyedika
11 Chukwueze
15 Simon
19 Sadiq

https://dailypost.ng/2024/01/08/nigeria ... full-list/
Looks like a 2nd team.

Why not test your first team?
I agree with you.
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

I repeat, we have a very poor coach. Trying out 3-4-3 for the first time, one week to the start of the tournament with half of the first team missing.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
packerland
Egg
Egg
Re: Friendly: Nigeria 0-2 Guinea

Post by packerland »

danfo driver wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 3:23 pm
bushboy wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 2:56 pm Any team where Joe Aribo is donning the revered #10 jersey is doomed. A second division reject.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: When I tok am, you guys used broom to beat me and drove me out of the room! Dont worry, continue to love up on your lower division players. You guys do not understand what it takes to compete at the highest level. You cant be competing with lower division players and then be expected to raise your game within 1 week. Doesnt work that way. Usually, it takes 6 months to raise your level.

Courtois said it and una still no wan hear word. :D
Wrong context. This is about a clueless and stubborn coach that doesn't know the right combination of players and formation to play. If you like give this coach the Mbappes and the Vinicius jrs, he won't have a clue how to get the best of them.

While you're busy quoting Thibaut Courtois, Nicolas Anelka once said this about Raymond Domenech: “I insulted a coach who the whole of France had already insulted, a coach who had never won anything apart from Ligue 2 and the Toulon tournament,” . I'm sure some of our players feel the same way about Peseiro.
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

CE has turned into a mental ward over a meaningless game nobody watched ,emotional diatribe full forum left and right. When was the last time we won friendly games going into a tournament and did well? If you want to cry about the coach, I suggest you find another team to support for Afcon. :roll:
OCCUPY NFF!!
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Friendly: Nigeria 0-2 Guinea

Post by danfo driver »

packerland wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 5:21 pm
danfo driver wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 3:23 pm
bushboy wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 2:56 pm Any team where Joe Aribo is donning the revered #10 jersey is doomed. A second division reject.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: When I tok am, you guys used broom to beat me and drove me out of the room! Dont worry, continue to love up on your lower division players. You guys do not understand what it takes to compete at the highest level. You cant be competing with lower division players and then be expected to raise your game within 1 week. Doesnt work that way. Usually, it takes 6 months to raise your level.

Courtois said it and una still no wan hear word. :D
Wrong context. This is about a clueless and stubborn coach that doesn't know the right combination of players and formation to play. If you like give this coach the Mbappes and the Vinicius jrs, he won't have a clue how to get the best of them.

While you're busy quoting Thibaut Courtois, Nicolas Anelka once said this about Raymond Domenech: “I insulted a coach who the whole of France had already insulted, a coach who had never won anything apart from Ligue 2 and the Toulon tournament,” . I'm sure some of our players feel the same way about Peseiro.
Na una know! My energy is now zero! Enjoy your lower division players. :lol: :lol: :lol:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 5:38 pm CE has turned into a mental ward over a meaningless game nobody watched ,emotional diatribe full forum left and right. When was the last time we won friendly games going into a tournament and did well? If you want to cry about the coach, I suggest you find another team to support for Afcon. :roll:
And he said it with pride :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: You cant make this up! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: When you speak to winners - fans that support their team, demanding success, you just know! :oops: This is where we are now. Quite unfortunate, but I think its the natural order of things, when you have a large number of SE fans supporting clubs that have a culture of losing for decades, that culture sips into the SE fandom. Unfortunate and sad. :oops:
waka-man
Egg
Egg

Post by waka-man »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 5:38 pm CE has turned into a mental ward over a meaningless game nobody watched ,emotional diatribe full forum left and right. When was the last time we won friendly games going into a tournament and did well? If you want to cry about the coach, I suggest you find another team to support for Afcon. :roll:
The mass hysteria is both comical and alarming. I’m genuinely worried about folks and their mental health.

We lost a warmup match trying some new formation. Whoop dee doo. We already knew the team selection, the own goal of taking 25 when you could take 27, the shopping spree in Dubai were all against us.

The fact remains we will go there, qualify from our group, maybe even win a knock out game or two and then FatZero will leave, Egu will become caretaker. And another joke will get appointed.

All this we know. So why all the ash and sackcloth like say persin die?
-------------------------------------------
MY NAME IS WAKA-MAN, and YES, I AM A CHELSEA FAN. Please don't hate me - I was fan when David Ellery dashed Cantona two penalties as Man U beat us 4-0 in the FA Cup final. So I've paid my dues.
oglex30
Egg
Egg

Post by oglex30 »

danfo driver wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 5:46 pm
And he said it with pride :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: You cant make this up! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: When you speak to winners - fans that support their team, demanding success, you just know! :oops: This is where we are now. Quite unfortunate, but I think its the natural order of things, when you have a large number of SE fans supporting clubs that have a culture of losing for decades, that culture sips into the SE fandom. Unfortunate and sad. :oops:
Arsenals fans :taunt: :D
Agbako
Egg
Egg

Post by Agbako »

Prof where you deh. All these over a freaking friendly game where a trial formation was used to check out players? Jeeezz wiiiizzzzz.. Na wetin una won do if you loose the first match? ha ha ha ha haaaaaaa.....
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

The only thing the result tells me is we don't have depth. The SE is already is trouble with the loss of Ndidi and Boniface to injury. Iheanacho is probably also not fit. The coach is obviously not a good coach. Some one should tell the NFF boss. Nigeria just lost a game without Ndidi lol.

I don't think the lineup against Guinea will be the one we use in our first match. It is a shame that we couldn't see Nwabili in action.
It is concerning that our backups can't do the job. That is not good.

I expect Peseiro to revert back to his 4-2-4 formation.

Uzoho
Aina, Bassey, Awaziem, Sanusi
Iwobi, Aribo, Onyeka, Lookman'
Umar, Osimhen

He used a 3-4-3 formation against Guinea.
Nwabili
Ekong, Awaziem, Omeruo
Osayi, Onyedika, Yusuf, Sanusi
Chukwuze, Umar, Simon

I actually prefer the 343 formation to his 4-2-4 formation.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

He should keep the 343 formation. I would go with this lineup against E Guinea.

Uzoho
Awaziem, Bassey, Omeruo
Osayi, , Iwobi, Yusuf, Sanusi
Chukwuze, Osimhen, Lookman

I think that is the best we have, still don't think it is good enough to win Afcon. But it is the best we have in camp. Yusuf will allow Iwobi to have a free role.

ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Not taking Kingdon Osayi and Obasogie to the camp is a wasted opportunity to develop young GKs.

joao
Egg
Egg

Post by joao »

With all the overhyped players on display, and we still couldn't score?
That's quite an indictment on all concerned - players and coach.
I guess most of our problem is about attitude and mental discipline. Any team wishing to succeed
needs to at least have both. Just watching how the players carry themselves on the field, and the
team focus on the agenda, there is nothing that spell success.

In short our players in SE shirts are different from those at their various clubs.
"We now live in a nation where doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, universities destroy knowledge,
governments destroy freedom, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and our banks destroy the economy.”

― Chris Hedges
Flex Swift
Egg
Egg

Post by Flex Swift »

Based on the squad selection ( I don’t believe certain players should have been selected) I think I will skip this Afcon tournament and just check for results.

It is sad that the NFF have destroyed the national team to the point that die hard fans like me are turning away from the team the same way Nigerians are no longer interested in the local league.
Enyi
Egg
Egg

Post by Enyi »

ohenhen1 wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 7:08 pm He should keep the 343 formation. I would go with this lineup against E Guinea.

Uzoho
Awaziem, Bassey, Omeruo
Osayi, , Iwobi, Yusuf, Sanusi
Chukwuze, Osimhen, Lookman

I think that is the best we have, still don't think it is good enough to win Afcon. But it is the best we have in camp. Yusuf will allow Iwobi to have a free role.
Under Peseiro that is basically 5-2-3 formation

The SE only have players for 4-2-3-1 formation…which I guess is what Peseiro is struggling with in the 4-2-4 thing…. Best team we can put out

GK - anyone

Osayi Ajayi Bassey Saidu/Aina

Alhasssan Onyedika/Onyeka

Samy Iwobi Lookman ( fluid line)

Osimhen
The stupid neither forgive nor forget- the smart forgive- but never forget" -Thomas Szasz.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and consciencious stupidity."
-Martin Luther King- Jr.

“Our Audacity to rise from our losses is what makes Nigerian the number one footballing nation in Africa - Stephen Keshi RIP

Those who don't take decisions never make mistakes."..........
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

On second thought, after looking into 3-4-3 some more it might work. It may be too close to the AFCON tho to implement such a change. May be too radical of a shift.

A change to 4-2-3-1, 4-3-3, or 3-5-2 may have been easier to implement. Whatever formation he chooses, we need 2 CMs that are disciplined, can provide cover, and are decent going forward; and a creative AM ahead of the CMs that is a good distributor of the ball.
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

greg wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 4:31 pm My concern in all this is still no Boniface with a muscle injury. Suddenly we've gone from "spoiled with strikers" to having limited options. Watching NFF and the coach blame each other for the 25 (instead 27) player selection is comical at best. I think the language barrier may have been responsible for that. Hard as it is to believe.
What language barrier? He doesn’t know what 27 means??
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

There is nothing wrong with the approach to test the backups in the friendly. Got to know who can contribute at the tournament. The problem is we don't have good backups and in danger of losing a 3rd player due to ibjury. I don't have any sympathy for the coach. He is the one that didn't build the deoth.