EXCLUSIVE: Why Super Eagles Will Win AFCON 2023 - Odegbami

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: EXCLUSIVE: Why Super Eagles Will Win AFCON 2023 - Odegbami

Post by ANC »

Nwabili is not a starter for his team? :lol:
You cant make this up. Why not pick someone local who is playing on a regular basis?
waka-man
Egg
Egg

Post by waka-man »

I’ve watched Nwabali. Never holds on to anything. He’s not the answer.
-------------------------------------------
MY NAME IS WAKA-MAN, and YES, I AM A CHELSEA FAN. Please don't hate me - I was fan when David Ellery dashed Cantona two penalties as Man U beat us 4-0 in the FA Cup final. So I've paid my dues.
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

seyiblack wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 5:40 pm He based his positivity on Uzoho not playing. I cannot agree more. We stand a chance of going all the way if we can solve the GK issue. I don't care how well you play, if your GK cannot save a basic shot, you do not stand a shooting chance.
Fact not feelings!
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

ohenhen1 wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 2:24 am I am also an optimist by nature. But I can spot people with loser mentality a mile away. We don't have a chance.
Hmm; Ohenhen1, really? Thus you've spotted what will happen that will make us lose, or how did you reach such a conclusion, bro?
Last edited by Odas on Sun Jan 07, 2024 4:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Robotnik
Egg
Egg

Post by Robotnik »

It's "Nwabali" guys not 'Nwabili"
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Robotnik wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 4:59 am It's "Nwabali" guys not 'Nwabili"
Ok! Thx for the correction
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

waka-man wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 11:55 am I’ve watched Nwabali. Never holds on to anything. He’s not the answer.
Wow! Oh yeah? Now, this information worsens my fear. Kai, wahala dey-ooo!
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Odas wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 4:49 am
ohenhen1 wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 2:24 am I am also an optimist by nature. But I can spot people with loser mentality a mile away. We don't have a chance.
Hmm; Ohenhen1, really? Thus you've spotted what will happen that will make us lose, or how did you reach such a conclusion, bro?

To win Afcon. You need.
1. A good coach
2. A good GK
3. A solid defense
4. A good midfield
5. A physical presence
6. Got to score goals.

We don't have that. But heck anything is possible. I hope they serve me humble pie.

Even the team theme music is rubbish.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
niyi
Egg
Egg

Post by niyi »

waka-man wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 11:55 am I’ve watched Nwabali. Never holds on to anything. He’s not the answer.
Did you watch highlights or full games?
Ona t'Olorun ngba soro
lati se ise re
ona re enikan ko mo
awamaridi ni!
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

ohenhen1 wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 6:27 am
Odas wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 4:49 am

To win Afcon. You need.
1. A good coach
2. A good GK
3. A solid defense
4. A good midfield
5. A physical presence
6. Got to score goals.

We don't have that. But heck anything is possible. I hope they serve me humble pie.
Even the team theme music is rubbish.
I hope the same, I hope they serve - not only you - but many of us the 'HOT humble Pie.' If such happens, I will be very happy to eat the Pie
waka-man
Egg
Egg

Post by waka-man »

niyi wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 6:54 am
Both. The highlights will show you enough though. As for full games, the best thing about him is he’s quite vocal.
MY NAME IS WAKA-MAN, and YES, I AM A CHELSEA FAN. Please don't hate me - I was fan when David Ellery dashed Cantona two penalties as Man U beat us 4-0 in the FA Cup final. So I've paid my dues.
Goldleaf
Egg
Egg

Post by Goldleaf »

Segun Odegbami is smoking some serious weed.
This set of Super Eagles is not strong in my opinion.
You can control your choice, but not necessarily the consequences
ogasir
Egg
Egg

Post by ogasir »

Nigeria is not winning the AFCON. What exactly has the coach shown that makes some people think we will win it? Sometimes the obvious conclusion is the right one.
IN SUPER EAGLES WE TRUST
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

waka-man wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 11:10 pm
niyi wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 6:54 am
Both. The highlights will show you enough though. As for full games, the best thing about him is he’s quite vocal.
i personally would have used up all of the 27 man squad. Would have taken 4 GK. GK situation is in crisis mode. I knew from the first time I asw Nwabili play, he wasn't the answer. CE is known for the hype. Once they start hyping a player, there is nothing you can do but to call for his invitation. The only thing that will temper the hype is for the player to play then once they realize he is an average player, they will move onto the next average player like the Swedish bassed GK. I would have invited Kingdom Osayi, Obasogie to camp. Even if they don't play at Afcon. It would be part of our my long term planning. I don't think Peseiro has any long term plans. That is why he is making the decisons he is making.

Nigeria got to make changes.
1. Develop the NPFL
2. Organize regular friendlies. A minimum of 3 new player got to earn their first cap every friendliy. This will increase our talent pool
3. Hire a good coach.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
waka-man
Egg
Egg

Post by waka-man »

I would lay out a 6 year plan. The near term is hopeless.
The goals should be:
- identify 20 16-20 year old goalkeeper and fund a world class development programme. Cap as many as you find who have multiple eligibilities. 2-3 of them will come good.

- support the creation of a super league of 4-6 teams only, add some jazz to the league so its marketable and put an age-cap of 23. Make it an attractive option to going abroad, by, perhaps, ensuring each of the teams serves as a feeder team to a top division, top 5 European league team.

- create a fund to ensure our most talented retired players can become top coaches, with good “apprenticeships” with the world’s leading coaches.

All of this requires some money, but nothing we can’t solve if it’s packaged well with good partnerships with private sector brands and media companies.