Friendly: Nigeria 0-2 Guinea FT - Gbeseiro's post-game thoughts

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

akamoke
Re: Friendly: Nigeria 0-2 Guinea FT

Post by akamoke »

danfo driver wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 4:36 pm
greg wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 4:31 pm My concern in all this is still no Boniface with a muscle injury. Suddenly we've gone from "spoiled with strikers" to having limited options. Watching NFF and the coach blame each other for the 25 (instead 27) player selection is comical at best. I think the language barrier may have been responsible for that. Hard as it is to believe.
Still making excuses for them, huh? Gotta love Nigerians. Even in the most dire of circumstances, they'll still support and help their oppressor with excuses. :lol: :lol: :lol:
What is funnier than greg's comment is you thinking that you have got the grip on the profile of "Nigerians", I know it helps you get by but for the benefit of your blood pressure, recognize that everyone here is just spouting their own opinion and no one has monopoly otherwise the ebst of us would have risen to become coaches
There really is not much we can do except vent (hence a forum) or siddon look
For my sceptical Nigerian Friends : Pessimism is great because you are either always right or pleasantly surprised.
Egg
Egg

Post by 404 »

“A good coach is not one that sees the game but one that can read the game” Mario Zagolo. Nigeria has a piss poor coach…
Last edited by 404 on Tue Jan 09, 2024 1:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Egg
Egg

Post by 404 »

“A good coach is not one that sees the game but one that can read the game” Mario Zagolo. Nigeria has a piss poor coach…
Last edited by 404 on Tue Jan 09, 2024 1:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

404 wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 1:13 am “A good coach is not one that sees the game but one that reads the game” Mario Zagolo. Nigeria has a piss poor coach…
Y'all saw his record in Venezuela and other teams and thought you were getting a coach that reads the game? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
niyi
Egg
Egg

Post by niyi »

Lolly wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 5:18 pm I repeat, we have a very poor coach. Trying out 3-4-3 for the first time, one week to the start of the tournament with half of the first team missing.
He supposedly played 4-3-3 with Awaziem in midfield.

Osayi Samuel
Omeruo
Ekong
Zaidu

Awaziem
Yusuf
Onyedika

Chukwueze
Simon
Sadiq

Kind of concerning we conceded 2 goals to Guinea with a such a defensive line-up
Ona t'Olorun ngba soro
lati se ise re
ona re enikan ko mo
awamaridi ni!
waka-man
Egg
Egg

Post by waka-man »

niyi wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 5:25 am
Lolly wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 5:18 pm I repeat, we have a very poor coach. Trying out 3-4-3 for the first time, one week to the start of the tournament with half of the first team missing.

Osayi Samuel
Omeruo
Ekong
Zaidu

Awaziem
Yusuf
Onyedika

Chukwueze
Simon
Sadiq

Kind of concerning we conceded 2 goals to Guinea with a such a defensive line-up
There might be some clues in this line up:
1. He might be setting up for a 4-3-3
2. This might be our second team. ie the first team being Aina, Bassey, Ajayi, Bruno, Onyeka, Iwobi, Aribo, Lookman, Iheanacho, Osimhen.
3. Playing Awaziem in midfield is an acceptance that we’re under-manned in defensive mid which begs the question why we’re not solving for that
-------------------------------------------
MY NAME IS WAKA-MAN, and YES, I AM A CHELSEA FAN. Please don't hate me - I was fan when David Ellery dashed Cantona two penalties as Man U beat us 4-0 in the FA Cup final. So I've paid my dues.
akamoke

Post by akamoke »

As a fan, who is clear about the fact that I have no influence on the results or what goes on in the team, all I can say is that this does not bode well for confidence going into the tournament

With a 2-0 defeat, 2 things come to mind

1. The players, regardless of whether its a B team or C team, have not done enough to justify themselves starting. One would think players will use the opportunity to put their hands up and force their way into the starting line up

2. Following from 1, perhaps the players are indeed playing to their (limited) ability and this is all they can give. This then falls on the coaching team and their scouting policies. Have they done enough to get the best players, to get these boys in shape and to select the right team to challenge the big teams in Africa

My expectations are low, but I will be pleasantly surprised and Overjoyed to see the team do well. I really want to be proven wrong here but I think the team is mentally not ready for this. All the best to the team and hope they can turn it around in time for the weekend
For my sceptical Nigerian Friends : Pessimism is great because you are either always right or pleasantly surprised.
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

Gbeseiro's post-game thoughts
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding...hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Osayi Samuel
Omeruo
Ekong
Zaidu

Awaziem
Yusuf
Onyedika

Chukwueze
Simon
Sadiq

The reports are that we played a 343 to begin with, so Awaziem was a part of a back 3 and we AGAIN only had 2 central midfielders.

I dont know why Peseiro is obsessed with seeing we are understaffed in midfield.

Its like the man enjoys torture or something.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle
Re: Friendly: Nigeria 0-2 Guinea FT - Gbeseiro's post-game thoughts

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Good news Kele is already in CIV . Come on SE let's go enjoy the AFCON . Sad we are missing Wilf. This is the player i think would have had a top notch AFCON any ways there is another AFCON in the summer 2025
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
OJI
Egg
Egg

Post by OJI »

akamoke wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 9:28 am As a fan, who is clear about the fact that I have no influence on the results or what goes on in the team, all I can say is that this does not bode well for confidence going into the tournament

1. The players, regardless of whether its a B team or C team, have not done enough to justify themselves starting. One would think players will use the opportunity to put their hands up and force their way into the starting line up

2. Following from 1, perhaps the players are indeed playing to their (limited) ability and this is all they can give. This then falls on the coaching team and their scouting policies. Have they done enough to get the best players, to get these boys in shape and to select the right team to challenge the big teams in Africa

My expectations are low, but I will be pleasantly surprised and Overjoyed to see the team do well. I really want to be proven wrong here but I think the team is mentally not ready for this. All the best to the team and hope they can turn it around in time for the weekend
Have you thought of the scenario where the players thought, and executed the match as a meaningless warmup, and not bother giving 50%. How about avoiding injuries? If the players know who the starting 11 for the 1st match, why exert unnecessary effort?
OJI
Egg
Egg

Post by OJI »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 3:06 pm Good news Kele is already in CIV . Come on SE let's go enjoy the AFCON . Sad we are missing Wilf. This is the player i think would have had a top notch AFCON any ways there is another AFCON in the summer 2025
This Kele move is getting suspicious. He avoids UAE training camp. Excuses given. As per you, he is not in Lagos for the official sendoff. Is this turning out to be an Amokachi 98 WC episode where Amokachi carried a knee injury into the WC?

It would appear the coaching staff/NFF, and Kele hope he would recover from whatever ailment is afflicting him by the quarterfinal.
Last edited by OJI on Tue Jan 09, 2024 5:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Uncle, so Guinea players gave 100% effort and didn't mind being injured?
OJI wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 3:48 pm
akamoke wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 9:28 am As a fan, who is clear about the fact that I have no influence on the results or what goes on in the team, all I can say is that this does not bode well for confidence going into the tournament

Have you thought of the scenario where the players thought, and executed the match as a meaningless warmup, and not bother giving 50%. How about avoiding injuries? If the players know who the starting 11 for the 1st match, why exert unnecessary effort?
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
OJI
Egg
Egg

Post by OJI »

1naija wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 4:33 pm Uncle, so Guinea players gave 100% effort and didn't mind being injured?

Possibly. Example, one won't exert effort in 50/50 ball situations. Why?
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Could also possibly be that they just beat us?
OJI wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 4:37 pm
1naija wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 4:33 pm Uncle, so Guinea players gave 100% effort and didn't mind being injured?

Possibly. Example, one won't exert effort in 50/50 ball situations. Why?
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

Why play a 3-man midfield with no creative player? Iwobi, Aribo, or even Onyeka should have started in the 3-man midfield. A balanced 4-3-3 consists of either 2 box to box CMs and a creative AM; or 1 disciplined DM, a box to box CM, and a creative AM. What Peseiro did was play 3 defensive minded midfielders. That team probably struggled to retain possession.

For a 4-4-2 to work, you need 2 real box to box CMs, and one of the CFs to drop deep and play as a defacto attacking midfielder.

Osayi Samuel
Omeruo
Ekong
Zaidu

Awaziem
Yusuf
Onyedika

Chukwueze
Simon
Sadiq

Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

OJI wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 3:52 pm
Bigpokey24 wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 3:06 pm Good news Kele is already in CIV . Come on SE let's go enjoy the AFCON . Sad we are missing Wilf. This is the player i think would have had a top notch AFCON any ways there is another AFCON in the summer 2025
This Kele move is getting suspicious. He avoids UAE training camp. Excuses given. As per you, he is not in Lagos for the official sendoff. Is this turning out to be an Amokachi 98 WC episode where Amokachi carried a knee injury into the WC?

It would appear the coaching staff/NFF, and Kele hope he would recover from whatever ailment is afflicting him by the quarterfinal.
Might just be a coincidence, but this is exactly what happened with Kelechi in the build up to the 2015 U20 World Cup under Manu Garba.
The very very last minute culprits were Kelechi, Isaac Success and Moses Simon.
Na injury too.
The rest is history.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Are we ready to speak about our poor preparation for this tournament?
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?