Nigeria vs Equatorial Guinea : (1-1) OSimhen FT

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Nigeria vs Equitorial Guinea : (1-1) OSimhen

Post by Dammy »

danfo driver wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 5:19 pm
Dammy wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 5:16 pm
danfo driver wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 5:11 pm
Dammy wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 5:05 pm
danfo driver wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 4:44 pm Dammy, how is Aribo doing? E be like sey e no fit run anymore. :lol: :lol: the so-called 6 games he played doesnt seem to have helped his fitness. What do you think? :lol: :lol:
Mr anti-Dubai, how did Yusuf who you said would not see a minute of action do? :lol:
Mr. Dubai! :lol: He was fantastic! :thumbs: Just imagine Ndidi did not get injured, we would never have seen him. People like you, the NFF and the coaching crew who have kept him out of the national team with corruption and incompetence finally have eggs on your faces! Just imagine the others who are being kept out, who would have won us this game.
This is where you project your ignorance! I have been one of the people calling for Yusuf’s invitation to the SE since last year!
You ignorantly said he would not get a minute’s action and instead of admitting you are wrong( which seems to be such a big thing to you), you are digging!
The same Yusuf was in Dubai and was able to make his international debut there alongside Nwabili, who was more assured in goal. Those two factors are enough for me to give the Dubai camp a thumbs up.
Keep crying! You claimed we went to Dubai to play friendlies. When in fact, we didnt even go to Dubai :woot: We went to Abu Dhabi, where we played a Div 3 team and Something Guniea. Then went to Lagos to attend a party :rotf: :rotf: Then claimed we have acclimatized! Shebi you saw the acclimatization today abi? Did you like it? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Na you dey cry as he dey pain you say dem go Dubai! The decision to go to Dubai was that of the coach according to the NFF, if you have a problem with that, take it up with Peseiro and stop stalking people on the forum because their opinions is different from yours!
You certainly do not have the monopoly of knowledge! All you have is an opinion like everyone on the forum!
I am happy
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

Robbynice wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 5:16 pm These boys are not serious o ja re
Nope. They are very seriously serious. We must say only positive things about the team
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Nigeria vs Equatorial Guinea : (1-1) OSimhen FT

Post by txj »

danfo driver wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 5:17 pm
txj wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 5:12 pm
danfo driver wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 5:09 pm Moffi was not there today. We were drawing and needed a goal, and Musa as NOT even brought in!! He literally only brought Chukwueze. Musa who was invited to take a spot did not even get a look. Whats the point of having a player in the team that you wouldnt trust to come in, simply because he is your friend?

What has that got to do with the plethora of sitters we missed, starting from the 7th minute all the way through injury time?
You are a student. Go and watch the game and learn. I am not your teacher :rotf:

I don't need to rewatch the game. I saw our top players miss sitters from the 7th minute. I don't need to look further, or to go sniffing for Amara on twitter, to find who to hold accountable...

I don't like the coach, or the way the NFF runs our football. But one does not have to use that as an excuse to troll endlessly...

You have objective data about the game in front of you. Use it!!!
Last edited by txj on Sun Jan 14, 2024 5:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

aruako1 wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 5:26 pm
Nope. They are very seriously serious. We must say only positive things about the team
:rotf: :rotf: You are not nice. Abeg leave our Robby alone for us, we need all the different energies here.
*** Every child is A STAR! ***

Only Mister Johnson https://www.amazon.com/Only-Mister-Johnson-Okey-Chigbo/dp/B09DMW3RM9
----------------------------------------------------------------
"A revolution in a personal context, is a turn around of a predominant way of thinking or doing things TO BETTER YOURSELF and effectively BETTER YOUR NATION!!!"
----------------------------------------------------------------
* Progressive Federalism * Personal Revolution * Industrialization *
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

danfo driver wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 5:09 pm Moffi was not there today. We were drawing and needed a goal, and Musa as NOT even brought in!! He literally only brought Chukwueze. Musa who was invited to take a spot did not even get a look. Whats the point of having a player in the team that you wouldnt trust to come in, simply because he is your friend?
Musa, is the team psychologist.

He will be used when you are up by 4 goals. :D
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

Cellular wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 5:30 pm
Musa, is the team psychologist.

He will be used when you are up by 4 goals. :D
And the team’s publicist. Ekong plays and is the #1 captain and yet Musa is the one at press conferences. That doesn’t even make any sense.
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

Super Eagles showed neither consistency nor urgency and also lacked the cutting edge today, considering the missed clearcut chances but any team that can create chances like they did is a team that has good hope. Just cool down and grab those chances.
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding...hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe
jungle-jawara
Egg
Egg

Post by jungle-jawara »

In as much as we are all upset of the outcome of this match (and the previous four games or so), can we just try and to stop insulting these players. I am sure it's not the intention for any of they to play awful. We can pass our points without insulting them. These guys are human and the way these words would upset us is the same way it upsets them. Please guys!!! Hope we do better in our future games
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

jungle-jawara wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 5:34 pm In as much as we are all upset of the outcome of this match (and the previous four games or so), can we just try and to stop insulting these players. I am sure it's not the intention for any of they to play awful. We can pass our points without insulting them. These guys are human and the way these words would upset us is the same way it upsets them. Please guys!!! Hope we do better in our future games
Thank you sir. Hope the usual suspects would listen.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

anointed wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 5:33 pm Super Eagles showed neither consistency nor urgency and also lacked the cutting edge today, considering the missed clearcut chances but any team that can create chances like they did is a team that has good hope. Just cool down and grab those chances.

They were measured in how they played under very difficult weather; and showed urgency when necessary.
What they lacked was cutting edge in finishing attacks.

And especially greater control and patience in the build up.

But you are spot on about the chances created...
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
Undertaker
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Undertaker »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 5:20 pm by the way EQG haven't lost in 11 matches, they've been stressing the crap out of Tunisia in two qualifying tournaments
Dude stfu! EG isn't a team we should be drawing against! Have some standard !!!!!!! :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse:
I SEE DEAD PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
fishward6
Egg
Egg

Post by fishward6 »

Seriously we should insult them they should be flogged for not trying!!! Useless aje butter players talk is cheap they should feel the pain if it was me I would send them to run around till they drop for lack of effort and Osimen to shooting Practise disgraceful
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Undertaker wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 5:39 pm
Bigpokey24 wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 5:20 pm by the way EQG haven't lost in 11 matches, they've been stressing the crap out of Tunisia in two qualifying tournaments
Dude stfu! EG isn't a team we should be drawing against! Have some standard !!!!!!! :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse:
you hush, did you beat Lesotho and Zimbabwe? open ya eyes , this was our best performance in one full year. FACT not feelings
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Dammy wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 5:24 pm
danfo driver wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 4:44 pm Dammy, how is Aribo doing? E be like sey e no fit run anymore. :lol: :lol: the so-called 6 games he played doesnt seem to have helped his fitness. What do you think? :lol: :lol:
Mr anti-Dubai, how did Yusuf who you said would not see a minute of action do? :lol:
Mr. Dubai! :lol: He was fantastic! :thumbs: Just imagine Ndidi did not get injured, we would never have seen him. People like you, the NFF and the coaching crew who have kept him out of the national team with corruption and incompetence finally have eggs on your faces! Just imagine the others who are being kept out, who would have won us this game.
This is where you project your ignorance! I have been one of the people calling for Yusuf’s invitation to the SE since last year!
You ignorantly said he would not get a minute’s action and instead of admitting you are wrong( which seems to be such a big thing to you), you are digging!
The same Yusuf was in Dubai and was able to make his international debut there alongside Nwabili, who was more assured in goal. Those two factors are enough for me to give the Dubai camp a thumbs up.
Keep crying! You claimed we went to Dubai to play friendlies. When in fact, we didnt even go to Dubai :woot: We went to Abu Dhabi, where we played a Div 3 team and Something Guniea. Then went to Lagos to attend a party :rotf: :rotf: Then claimed we have acclimatized! Shebi you saw the acclimatization today abi? Did you like it? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Na you dey cry as he dey pain you say dem go Dubai! The decision to go to Dubai was that of the coach according to the NFF, if you have a problem with that, take it up with Peseiro and stop stalking people on the forum because their opinions is different from yours!
You certainly do not have the monopoly of knowledge! All you have is an opinion like everyone on the forum!
They NEVER went to Dubai. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: cry cry baby! You will cry your way out of the AFCON :rotf:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

aruako1 wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 5:26 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

danfo driver wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 5:41 pm
Dammy wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 5:24 pm
They NEVER went to Dubai. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: cry cry baby! You will cry your way out of the AFCON :rotf:

This Dubai trip is really painful to you o pele. They have gone to Dubai and I am in full support of the trip and there’s nothing you can do about it except wailing all over the forum! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I am happy
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

I managed to strain myself and watch the match highlights...my Goodness, some of the misses were absolutely unacceptable, we should have killed off this game with 4 goals smh
davidbam14
Egg
Egg

Post by davidbam14 »

anointed wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 5:33 pm Super Eagles showed neither consistency nor urgency and also lacked the cutting edge today, considering the missed clearcut chances but any team that can create chances like they did is a team that has good hope. Just cool down and grab those chances.
"Just cool down and grab those chances" what happens if the same happens against CIV and Guinea.B ?????
Vindave
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Vindave »

I tried all my best to avoid all the threads today :lol: because I know many of us will give serious bashing to the boys today.

Anyway, we are just Nigeria FANS with right to have so much expectations.

Frankly speaking I am not disappointed in the boys and team generally. The boys played to their strength, They played safely but created so many chances that they couldn't bury. 27 Shots against 7 and 6 on targets against 1 it shows or mean alot to me,.

CIV will be so happy but they shouldn't start counting their chickens because the Super Eagles that I saw today are not bad as many of you will think. Few mistakes, plenty wastage but let's give credits to Goalkeeper Jesus' Owono of EG... who happened to be the Man of the Match.

If Osimhen has buried that one on one in the second half all our worries would have been FORGOTTEN but I can belt you the Osimhen that I saw in the field today is Victor Osimhen that will SHINE against CIV and in this TOURNAMENT. He is a great Striker, great Team Player, great and hard tireless fighter... The only player that I was a little bit disappointed with his performance today is MOSES SIMON. He didn't play to expectation . I am sure the harsh weather ☁️ probably worked against him.

So please my people let's pray for the team. Remain positive as they also need a little bit of God Favour (Good Luck🤞.

Í see them have a good result on Friday the 18th of Jan.2024-ward.

God bless everyone
Vindave
e de sweet me o! ga gaa!
e de paini you o! ga gaa!!
e sweet me o ga gaa, ga gaa!!
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

vancity eagle wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 5:16 pm
Kpom

This will not end with just Yusuf.

There are MANY players being kept out of this team by corruption who will absolutely improve this team.

Until we change this corruption we will continue to FAIL.

See how in his first match he was SUPERIOR to all players not named Lookman.

Nigeria is a disgrace.

Not that many, but by the standard of you and your friend on this thread, even some of those players would not make the cut.

Uzoho, Ojo (and I will add Okoye to the list based on his antecedents) are not SE Keepers.

Christian Nwoke has looked the most steady of the NPFL keepers this season. I haven't seen the Doma United keeper enough, and Bankole from Remo would be waived off based on height.

Other options are Noah Atubolu, Tobias Lawal (who may have been lost to Austria) and Arthur Okonkwo, who based on what I've seen, is one of the top 2 options available at the moment.

So the management of the GK position has been really poor, but thankfully, Nwabili finally got a last minute look in to save us from the hot mess we've been stubbornly parading for the last 3 years.

At the back, there is Tosin (who may or may not be interested in SE) and Gabriel Osho. There is some noise about Ben Franklin and Olisa Ndah, and they should definitely be invited to compete against the likes of Omeruo for instance.

From the middle to the front, we pretty much have everyone that should be in the team there now. Maybe the likes of Kelechi Nwakili and Phillip Billing should be invited to deepen the pool.

The coach is pants though. No reason not to go with 27, and the likes of Omeruo, Musa, Ojo and Uzoho have no business in the team. That is six spaces wasted, so you are there with essentially 20 outfield players and 1 GK.
Last edited by truetalk on Sun Jan 14, 2024 6:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Vindave
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Vindave »

I forgot to.mention that Yusuf was very useful today.. That Boy Is Good with Great Confidence.
e de sweet me o! ga gaa!
e de paini you o! ga gaa!!
e sweet me o ga gaa, ga gaa!!
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

truetalk wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 5:56 pm
vancity eagle wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 5:16 pm
Kpom

This will not end with just Yusuf.

There are MANY players being kept out of this team by corruption who will absolutely improve this team.

Until we change this corruption we will continue to FAIL.

See how in his first match he was SUPERIOR to all players not named Lookman.

Nigeria is a disgrace.

Not that many, but by the standard of you and your friend on this thread, even some of those players would not make the cut.

Uzoho, Ojo (and I will add Okoye to the list based on his antecedents) are not SE Keepers.

Christian Nwoke has looked the most steady of the NPFL keepers this season. I haven't seen the Doma United keeper enough, and Bankole from Remo would be waived off based on height.

Other options are Noah Atubolu, Tobias Lawal (who may have been lost to Austria) and Arthur Okonkwo, who based on what I've seen, is one of the top 2 options available at the moment.

So the management of the GK position has been really poor, but thankfully, Nwabili finally got a last minute look in to save us from the hot mess we've been stubbornly parading for the last 3 years.
At the back, there is Tosin (who may or may not be interested in SE) and Gabriel Osho. There is some noise about Ben Franklin and Olisa Ndah, and they should definitely be invited to compete against the likes of Omeruo for instance.

From the middle to the front, we pretty much have everyone that should be in the team there now. Maybe the likes of Kelechi Nwakili and Phillip Billing should be invited to deepen the pool.

The coach is pants though. No reason not to go with 27, and the likes of Omeruo, Musa, Ojo and Uzoho have no business in the team. That is six spaces wasted, so you are there with essentially 20 outfield players and 1 GK.
Billing already played 5 times for Denmark.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
waka-man
Egg
Egg

Post by waka-man »

Decent tournament football today. Apart from the one lapse, unthreatened and generally controlled the game.

On another day, that ends 3-1 to Nigeria. Osimhen won’t miss those chances again. And if not for all the missed chances, I’d say excellent performance.

I think Onyedika for Onyeka is reasonable thought, just to anchor things better. Hopefully Yusuf is ok. He’s capable of doing the work we need in the middle.

Iwobi’s role in unclear. It asks too much running of him and makes it hard for him to join the attack. TBH, I would drop Simon, push Iwobi forward and have Onyeka and Yusuf play in front of Onyedika.

Otherwise, same again. It’s tournament football and you gotta grind through the points. On the basis of today’s play, we have a team emerging.

Very excited that I’ll be in the stadium on Thursday versus CIV. What a massive match in store.

Up SE.
-------------------------------------------
MY NAME IS WAKA-MAN, and YES, I AM A CHELSEA FAN. Please don't hate me - I was fan when David Ellery dashed Cantona two penalties as Man U beat us 4-0 in the FA Cup final. So I've paid my dues.