Gift Orban latest!

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle
Re: Gift Orban latest

Post by Bigpokey24 »

chei!! forgive and forget. Free Ajayi haba :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Damunk wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 4:47 pm
danfo driver wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 4:33 pm
Damunk wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 3:10 pm
waka-man wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 10:47 am
Damunk wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 10:21 am
Tobi17 wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 9:50 am The next generation of Nigerian strikers are already set:

Nathan Tella (Bayer Leverkusen)
Victor Boniface (Bayer Leverkusen)
Gift Orban (Lyon)
Akor Adams (Montpelier)
Rafiu Durosimi (Frankfurt?)

All to ably led by Osimhen, Lookman and Iheanacho.

Midfielders: Alhassan, Tochukwu Nnadi, Daga, Eletu, Akinsanmiro, Fisayo Dele-Bashiru, Onyedika, and Folrunsho- all to be led by Iwobi and Ndidi. For the Nwakali fans I wouldn't consider him a prospect but he is still young to stake a claim in the rebuilding process.

Defence: Bassey, Tosin Adabarabioyo, Igoh Ogbu, and Gabriel Osho.

Gks: Okoye, Nwabili, Arthur Okonkwo, then one or two top prospects from the NPFL.

Get in a new coach who actually knows the GAME (whether foreign or local) and get him all the necessary support he needs ahead of the next world cup...teams are fast catching up to us across the world especially in Africa, we can't keep depending on deadweights like Musa etc to keep stunting us, this nonsense ends after this AFCON. TIME FOR THE RESET BUTTON.
What you say is all well n good and no one can really argue.
The problem - the big problem - is the highlighted.

Where the hell do we find/attract a coach befitting of our team, its potential and its aspirations?
Even more importantly, HOW?

Nigeria wants to fly a rocket to the moon using a Nigerian astronaut.
We don’t have any Nigerian astronauts anywhere in the world. We have pilots, many of whom aspire to get to that level one day, many even claiming “I can do it”, but they’re not astronauts.

The foreign astronauts are unaffordable. They could come in the right circumstances, but we can’t attract them.
What do we do?
Try our luck with pilots?
Abandon our aspirations?
We don’t need a world class coach. With the right support and a bit of plan, many ex-players would do. They bring a passion, clout and an understanding of the African game. Thats both useful for qualifying in Africa and bamboozling Oyinbo on the world stage.

I generally agree with Tbite that the future looks great. We do need a special program to groom goalkeeper. And if we can get Tosin to sign up, the defence could be good.

But there are a whole bunch of “ifs” in all this of course.
I agree.
There are very few coaches around the world you can call ‘world class’ with a straight face.
We can’t afford them anyway.
But we need a top coach.
Not even a Div 2 coach.
Not journeymen.
Coaches that have survived life in the top tier of a respectable league. Coaches with a credible record.

Our own coaches are not even getting invited to coach fellow African clubsides!
Are you comfortable with Div 2 players?
Nope.
The only reason I look the other way with Ndidi is because he is established SE pedigree and is still in form.
No one else.

Aribo shouldn't be there.
Nacho I’m not a great fan of any more and he’s not killing it @ Leicester.
My views on Ajayi are well known here.
Ekong and Omeruo I don’t rate even if they’re premier tier.
Don’t even mention Uzoho.
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
packerland
Egg
Egg
Re: Gift Orban latest!

Post by packerland »

Ugbowo wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 4:35 pm
vancity eagle wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 6:37 am He needs to be CAPPED !!!!!

To think he wasn't even on the provisional list.

An utter disgrace.
There seems to be an issue not being said out loud about his eligibility. I had a public and private convo with a random fella on twitter and he alluded to some things I didnt like.

I hope they sort it out.
We need to cap that boy ASAP before he use anger and play for Togo. Unless they know something we don’t know. They better sort it out before we play him in a WCQ match and later have to forfeit
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

I have seen the raw elements of the player. He looks like a real gem to me on the surface.

Unless he proves us very wrong, he is one that we have to take very seriously.

In other words. Orban has shown enough to get to the big dance. He needs to FLOP heavily before we turn him away. We cannot sit by ignorantly and think that he must force his way into the conversation. He has already earned the right to the conversation.

He looks very versatile and his ceiling seems extremely high to me. Might even do well in various positions.
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

edouble post
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Tbite wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 5:09 pm I have seen the raw elements of the player. He looks like a real gem to me on the surface.

Unless he proves us very wrong, he is one that we have to take very seriously.

In other words. Orban has shown enough to get to the big dance. He needs to FLOP heavily before we turn him away. We cannot sit by ignorantly and think that he must force his way into the conversation. He has already earned the right to the conversation.

He looks very versatile and his ceiling seems extremely high to me. Might even do well in various positions.
Is he Nigerian ?
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
imehjunior
Egg
Egg

Post by imehjunior »

"Nigeria's No.1 problem is that all the smart Nigerians and those who know the solutions to everything are hiding here on CE." 1naija