IF we finish 2nd in our group we play Guinea

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle
IF we finish 2nd in our group we play Guinea

Post by Bigpokey24 »

or whoever finishes 2nd in that group .A week from today
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: IF we finish 2nd in our group we play Guinea

Post by Enugu II »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 3:05 pm or whoever finishes 2nd in that group .A week from today
Bigpoke

TBH, I personally do not care. Nigeria should qualify first and winning or not winning the group is immaterial for me. What matters is qualifying. After that, you play whoever as long as tge goal is to win the AFCON. In my view you only worry about who you play if you goal is e.g finish second or third, etc. To win the Cup, then, there is no need to worry about who you play.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Next
Egg
Egg

Post by Next »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 3:05 pm or whoever finishes 2nd in that group .A week from today
Why do you think SE will finish second in the group? SE is good enough to beat GB and Ivory Coast is good enough to beat EG (l am assuming). The question now depends on how many goal difference. I know soccer is not mathematics but if you do your math,again "why do you think SE will finish second"?

If you cannot beat any team that comes your way, then you are not good enough to win the cup!!

Cheers
TERRORISM is the WAR of the POOR while WAR is the TERRORISM of the RICH!

The Best Quotes For Me So Far: "I was born here but brought up as an African. When you reach adulthood you either feel African or you don't, and it's not worth playing if you don't have that feeling." Efan Ekoku
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

Next wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 3:44 pm
Why do you think SE will finish second in the group? SE is good enough to beat GB and Ivory Coast is good enough to beat EG (l am assuming). The question now depends on how many goal difference. I know soccer is not mathematics but if you do your math,again "why do you think SE will finish second"?

If you cannot beat any team that comes your way, then you are not good enough to win the cup!!

Cheers
Mr. Next,

I agree with you but please, find your own sign off and stop stealing mine🤐🙂❗️

Cheers.
Synopsis
Egg
Egg

Post by Synopsis »

Edit: nvm
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

Finishing First can be a dangerous position as most of the traditional power house teams are likely to come 3rd in their groups. CDE
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

ANC wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 7:30 pm Finishing First can be a dangerous position as most of the traditional power house teams are likely to come 3rd in their groups. CDE
ANC

Okay ooo. For me ooo, if we no dey fear Cup then we just play whoever and I no care.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

ANC wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 7:30 pm Finishing First can be a dangerous position as most of the traditional power house teams are likely to come 3rd in their groups. CDE
Not sure I understand your point. The "traditional power houses" are finishing 3rd. Why? And if this is the case, who is finishing 1st? and why?

Are you more afraid of a "name" than you are of "form?"
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

I'm more wary about facing teams like Cape Verde, Guinea, Angola, Mali or DRC than the so called traditional big teams. We just seem to struggle against the dark horses.
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

danfo driver wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 7:55 pm
Not sure I understand your point. The "traditional power houses" are finishing 3rd. Why? And if this is the case, who is finishing 1st? and why?

Are you more afraid of a "name" than you are of "form?"
Form is superior, but you cannot discount history/name.
Asante Kotoko, as poor as they are will come correct against SE.
Same thing goes for Cameroon, Algeria etc
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

Cheers
...and the worrying part is SE don't score many goals.
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

mcal wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 8:37 pm

Cheers
...and the worrying part is SE don't score many goals.
We create decently high chances so that's at least less worrying than the picture suggests.
bushboy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bushboy »

Cheers
Why would we need goal difference? I'm confused. If we both win our last games, we will have 7 points, and they will have 6.
Bushboy's bushmen : 1.Isaac Success 2. Terem Moffi 3. Victor Boniface 4. Samuel Omorodion. 5. Samson Tijani. 6. Rafiu Durosinmi.
Who will be next?
Undertaker
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Undertaker »

We need to finish first by beating GB! Then we play Cameroon/Angola/Algeria/or Tunisia in the round of 16
I SEE DEAD PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

Undertaker wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 9:48 pm We need to finish first by beating GB! Then we play Cameroon/Angola/Algeria/or Tunisia in the round of 16
I would like to play Tunisia 🇹🇳. Get that pay back.
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

Group D is wide open, could be any of the teams
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

packerland wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 10:31 pm
Undertaker wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 9:48 pm We need to finish first by beating GB! Then we play Cameroon/Angola/Algeria/or Tunisia in the round of 16
Be careful what you wish for.
OCCUPY NFF!!
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 11:05 pm
Na.

I want Tunisia as well.

Uzoho is gone, we will be fine.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

vancity eagle wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 11:18 pm
Na.

I want Tunisia as well.

Tunisia are masters of low block defending. Though we’re playing better, I’d rather play a team like Algeria/Ghana that will come out and play.
OCCUPY NFF!!
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 11:22 pm
Na.

I want Tunisia as well.

Tunisia are masters of low block defending. Though we’re playing better, I’d rather play a team like Algeria/Ghana that will come out and play.
I have not watched them for years and only saw about 60 mins of the game today -- Just by todays performance, Tunisia is tactically very strong. I dont like playing teams that are tactically good. It means that we will have to rely on our coach to out-coach the other coach.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

danfo driver wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 1:36 am
Na.

I want Tunisia as well.

I have not watched them for years and only saw about 60 mins of the game today -- Just by todays performance, Tunisia is tactically very strong. I dont like playing teams that are tactically good. It means that we will have to rely on our coach to out-coach the other coach.
I don’t want no part of Tunisia until the semis at least if we make it,I’ll even take Morocco over Tunisia . They will snuff the air out of the ball and stadium and make it a pedestrian slugfest. No thanks.
OCCUPY NFF!!
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Na.

I want Tunisia as well.

You have a point.
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

I feel like we were very unlucky to have lost to Tunisia in the last Afcon. I think we were better.
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT