Ms. Karboubi is Center Referee for today's match

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Ms. Karboubi is Center Referee for today's match

Post by Enugu II »

My view is that she does not deserve officiating at the knockout stages of the AFCON. It was ridiculous! The way she was issuing yellow cards and overcompensating for the weaker team. This was just disappointing in my view. She surely needs more seasoning.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
eyan
Egg
Egg

Post by eyan »

She was awfully bad.
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

King Futcha wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 8:19 pm
deanotito wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 8:17 pm
King Futcha wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 8:06 pm she don well, fair, kept control of the match, bravo.
Watched the last 10 minutes of the match and for the life of me, I don’t know why she disallowed our late goal. Looked 100% legit
i thought that goal and the EQ goal were legit thats why i thought she was fair :)
The EQ goal was offsides. But ours was definitely legit. I don’t even think it was a close call with ours, though the EQ one was a fairly close call
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

ohenhen1 wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 8:23 pm
King Futcha wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 8:06 pm she don well, fair, kept control of the match, bravo.
Watched the last 10 minutes of the match and for the life of me, I don’t know why she disallowed our late goal. Looked 100% legit
Didn't replay show hand ball by Osimhen.
No that was a different goal attempt. This one happened in the last 10 minutes
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

I see folks here getting all disingenuous cause she's a female ref, respect to her achievement but she was awfully BAD...two legit PK calls were called back against us, Zaidu had a legit goal ruled off...just dumb all around, when you talk now you will be called a sexist but no wahala.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Osimehn hand ball on BOTH dissalowed goals.
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

vancity eagle wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 12:55 am
Dude are you blind, go watch the replay on the second goal.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Tobi17 wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 12:58 am
vancity eagle wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 12:55 am
Dude are you blind, go watch the replay on the second goal.
He hand balled it.

But I think it shouldn't have been called back because it was unintentional and play continued.