Nwabili's Injury . . .

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Nwabali Speaks - I hope to be back, but still feel some pain

Post by vancity eagle »

truetalk wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 3:32 am Spoke to Nigerian journalists after the game

See how the only thing that fool Musa will do for this tournament is talk to journalists.

The only question any journalist needs to ask Musa is

"When will you retire you washed up....."
OJI
Egg
Egg
Re: Nwabili's Injury . . .

Post by OJI »

However, this Nwabili fella has a different goalie technique that emboldens opposing strikers. He waits for the the ball to reach him as opposed to attacking the ball. Guess with his timing, height, and stretched arms he is confident of getting the ball. He did it twice. If he attacked the ball with his knees raised, creating a protective space for himself, and a deterrent to marauding strikers, strikers would think twice in approaching him.

In the 1982 WC, the German goalkeeper Harald Schumacher 's clobbering hit of French player Patrick Battiston helped create a certain aura for the German goalkeeper.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

GG of G wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 11:45 pm BUt sadly, he is right, it is hoped the injury is not serious but some of us were saying they should call the Arsenal U-20 goalie or even Ayo Akinfe to be reserve goalie, anyone but Uzoho
Kai, Oga Ayo Akinfe don become a goalkeeper? Hmm :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
packerland
Egg
Egg
Re: Nwabali’s Injury . . .

Post by packerland »

[*]
danfo driver wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 11:29 pm Are your eyes open now? Or you Nigerians still do not believe that it is important to do things on merit? If we chose 3 goalkeepers on merit, we wont be afraid now. But we chose not to do that! We chose to take someone (Uzoho) because he is friends with people on the team. We chose to take 25 players instead of 27 players. Yet, you have people on CE who are still begging for a Div 4 goalkeeper.

Have you guys learned your lesson yet? Or no? Lets continue picking teams with NO merit? :roll:
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

How old is Nwabali? I am glad we niw have a goalkeeper for the world cup.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

1naija wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 6:32 am How old is Nwabali? I am glad we niw have a goalkeeper for the world cup.
It’s on the CAF website. :thumb:
OCCUPY NFF!!
ume-ugo
Egg
Egg

Post by ume-ugo »

Anyway we can confirm the correct spelling of his name?

His jersey always bears NWABALI, everywhere he’s played, but on the web it seems people routinely replace the “a” with and “i”, whenever they want.
Iron mustu obey!!
gochino
Egg
Egg

Post by gochino »

vancity eagle wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 12:34 am
danfo driver wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 11:29 pm Are your eyes open now? Or you Nigerians still do not believe that it is important to do things on merit? If we chose 3 goalkeepers on merit, we wont be afraid now. But we chose not to do that! We chose to take someone (Uzoho) because he is friends with people on the team. We chose to take 25 players instead of 27 players. Yet, you have people on CE who are still begging for a Div 4 goalkeeper.

Have you guys learned your lesson yet? Or no? Lets continue picking teams with NO merit? :roll:
Kpom.

Some fools still think the bench is simply for "hanging out"
I tire oh, I see some people defending the inclusion of Musa and the invitation of 25 players. Things that just don't maje sense!
gochino
Egg
Egg
Re: Nwabali Speaks - I hope to be back, but still feel some pain

Post by gochino »

vancity eagle wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 3:52 am
truetalk wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 3:32 am Spoke to Nigerian journalists after the game

See how the only thing that fool Musa will do for this tournament is talk to journalists.

The only question any journalist needs to ask Musa is

"When will you retire you washed up....."
We don't have real football journalists in this country, they are all #$% kissers.
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

oglex30 wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 1:46 am
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 1:42 am
Bigpokey24 wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 12:53 am
He wasn't even trying to get off the stretcher. Not good.
This is a knee injury, I think he is done for the tournament sadly.
More likely he is out.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
nzeogwu
Egg
Egg

Post by nzeogwu »

He is not out for the tournament
ugly boy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ugly boy »

Lolly wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 8:00 am
oglex30 wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 1:46 am
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 1:42 am
Bigpokey24 wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 12:53 am
He wasn't even trying to get off the stretcher. Not good.
This is a knee injury, I think he is done for the tournament sadly.
More likely he is out.
I am not in the medical field so excuse me if this sounds naive is there any knee issue that could be minor enough to recover from in one week?
nzeogwu
Egg
Egg

Post by nzeogwu »

While jumping, goal kicks and diving require different body mechanics, his walking and standing at the interview suggest an injury but no structural damage to the integrity of the knee.
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

nzeogwu wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 11:22 am While jumping, goal kicks and diving require different body mechanics, his walking and standing at the interview suggest an injury but no structural damage to the integrity of the knee.
Could be the same issue that Mikel used to describe Essien.

Said Essien was a big lad with knees disproportionately small relative to his torso. Said, Essien could not play consistency until he started dieting.

Nwabili just looking at photos looks very top heavy. If this entire line of logic is correct, which I am not saying is true, as I am relying a lot on Mikel's conceptualisation, then this might not be so much a random injury, as something that Nwabili might need to adapt to.

The reason Mikel brought it up was in relation to Boniface, who has already had 2 ACLs before the age of 30.

Potentially both Boniface and Nwabili might require the Essien adaptation, being top heavy lads.
‐-‐-‐-------------

Ok went and did my own research, rather than relying on Mikel's tear parlour prognosis.

It seems that Essien or Mikel or whomever got the idea, was probably right for the wrong reason. Dieting is not so much about load bearing as it is about knee strengthening based on nutritional intake.

The only thing I found about load bearing was specifically in relation to pain, i.e. osteoarthritis.

Not sure about Nwabili, but Boniface should potentially review his diet. It might be suboptimal.
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
Orion
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Orion »

The challenge on Nwabali was a deliberate aim to take him out, considering the Cameroonian had no chance of getting that ball.

That was their second attempt to harm the keeper, and they succeeded that time. It should have been a red card.
"I Think, Therefore I am" - Rene Descartes
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Orion wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 12:10 pm The challenge on Nwabali was a deliberate aim to take him out, considering the Cameroonian had no chance of getting that ball.

That was their second attempt to harm the keeper, and they succeeded that time. It should have been a red card.
Dirty players.

And that stupid ref was helping them by refusing to book them. The clown then went on to book Aina for nothing.
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

vancity eagle wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 12:35 pm
Orion wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 12:10 pm The challenge on Nwabali was a deliberate aim to take him out, considering the Cameroonian had no chance of getting that ball.

Dirty players.

And that stupid ref was helping them by refusing to book them. The clown then went on to book Aina for nothing.
2nd crappy Moroccan ref we've had in this tournament, though he wasn't as bad as that silly woman.

The Cameroonians were crashing into the GK when he was off the ground. The first guy (I think it was Christopher Wooh) should have got a yellow, which would have made then mellow. The 2nd dude took off from distance, both feet off the ground and crashed into Nwabili, taking his legs out and making him land awkwardly. A clear yellow card at least, and possibly a red, yet the referee failed to book him.

NFF should note and protest these decisions.

1 match at a time, but we now have an axe to grind with Morocco. I hope Bafana takes them out.
Orion
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Orion »

vancity eagle wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 12:35 pm

Dirty players.

The Aina Yellow was completely bogus. Aina went for the ball, which was 50-50. The Cameroonian player ran into him.

One can think of all kinds of conspiracies here. Someone raised an issue with how the Senegalese ref treated us in the 2021 AFCON when Senegal was still in the competition, and Nigeria was a potential threat. In this case, Morocco is still in the competition. I think only referees from countries not in the running should take charge of knockout games.
"I Think, Therefore I am" - Rene Descartes
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

Hate to be negative but that injury had all the trappings of a major one. Sad for the brother
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

Agreed. That was deliberate. Nobody clatters into a keeper Nwabali’s size if there isn’t an attempt to injure. He’d already caught the ball, and the attacker knew it.

But no way for the ref to prove that since he sold it well
Last edited by deanotito on Sun Jan 28, 2024 2:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

1naija wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 6:32 am How old is Nwabali? I am glad we niw have a goalkeeper for the world cup.
The young man is bigger and stronger than I thought. He seems to be fine, based on the video, which means his injury is not as serious as it seemed.
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

nzeogwu wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 9:47 am He is not out for the tournament
Our keeper certainly is not out for the rest of the tournament based on the way he appeared in the video. I guess he got some 'wind' knocked out of him by the wrestler from Cameroon
Last edited by Odas on Sun Jan 28, 2024 3:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

deanotito wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 2:42 pm Hate to be negative but that injury had all the trappings of a major one. Sad for the brother
It was a horror challenge.
That dude should’ve been sent off.
I hope it’s not ligament damage.
Looked really bad.