Let's give it up to Amokachi

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Goldleaf
Egg
Egg
Re: Let's give it up to Amokachi

Post by Goldleaf »

Daniel Amokachi's commentary has been a breath of fresh air.
Brilliant!!!
You can control your choice, but not necessarily the consequences
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

airwolex wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 8:38 pm He needs to get Nigerian names right abeg. Calling Onyeka, Onyekuru and Uzoho,Inzoho no be am. I can live with his general commentary but those kinds of mistakes get as e be
I agree. He should get the names right. No way a foreigner should be correcting you on how to pronounce your own countrymen’s name.
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
King Futcha
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by King Futcha »

he's very good.
Saints baby we did it
“I am in my technical zone and I can’t hear the boos,” Domenech said.
Cally
Egg
Egg

Post by Cally »

He's added some color to the commentary, though there's a lot of room for improvement. What i've enjoyed is the experiential and historic perspective he brings, leveraging the fact that he's been there and done that. There was a game in which he recounted his experience with Basile Boli (France and Guinea), and he stated that every time he runs into Boli in the hotel lobby at Afcon, he shows him the scar that Boli left on his leg during their days :)

He can improve on doing more research to gain more knowledge on current players and events. Well done to him.
http://www.meditationsofthesoul.com

"My friends - "We need to really reassess the way we trash our national team, derogate some players and disrespect the people that run our football. Let the brand new Super Eagles become our new Brand of national pride.. The unifying identity for all.. Bar none!" - CE's The Great Seloweizer (6/24/13)

The Arsenal Football Club - "The Deeper The Foundation, The Stronger The Fortress."
bushboy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bushboy »

I feel like I'm living in a parallel universe. People actually like his commentary?!! Na wa o! Ok.
Bushboy's bushmen : 1.Isaac Success 2. Terem Moffi 3. Victor Boniface 4. Samuel Omorodion. 5. Samson Tijani. 6. Rafiu Durosinmi.
Who will be next?
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

King Futcha wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 2:56 pm he's very good.
Almost as good as Aqib Talib... :taunt: :taunt:
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
akamoke

Post by akamoke »

bushboy wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 7:36 pm I feel like I'm living in a parallel universe. People actually like his commentary?!! Na wa o! Ok.
What is it about his commentary you dont like
I personally think he is ok and brings the player perspective into the commentary
For my sceptical Nigerian Friends : Pessimism is great because you are either always right or pleasantly surprised.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

He wants him to shout and sound like those people that do EPL games.
akamoke wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 9:23 pm
bushboy wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 7:36 pm I feel like I'm living in a parallel universe. People actually like his commentary?!! Na wa o! Ok.
What is it about his commentary you dont like
I personally think he is ok and brings the player perspective into the commentary
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.