NWABALI being mentioned in high corridors…

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle
Re: NWABALI being mentioned in high corridors…

Post by Bigpokey24 »

SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

Damunk wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 11:53 am
oluwaseye the 1st. wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 11:20 am I can't believe by providence of luck, in-spite and despite the shenanigans of Pissofeiro, (and i hope he leaves after winning the cup next sunday), we have finally replaced Enyeama!!! i mean Uzoho!!! how did we get to that ridiculous level of goalkeepers in our national team!! not since Peter Fregene of Libya 82' have we had a keeper this poor not even Wilfred Agbonibasket (AKA) Agbonibavre.
On the one hand you are wondering how we got to the “ridiculous level” of goalkeeping with Uzoho but on the other hand you are still pushing to get rid of Peseiro with absolutely no feasible back up (replacement) plans.
With that mindset, you are in danger of sinking to even more “ridiculous levels”, this time in the coaching department.

Do you even have any suggestions as to who u will want to replace an AFCON semi finalist (at least) coach with?
Are you an NFF official under cover?

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
He is a fan. If he doesn't like what he sees he can call for the coach to be removed. That is what fans do. What would his suggestions achieve?

Personally, I'm still not a fan of Peserio's style but that is changing - we had a great game yesterday before we got tired. I'm just worried about this ultra conservative style if we use it in the WCQ where we need to win games and rack up a good goal difference. I'm also worried about fatigue due to the high energy style and reluctance to use some of the less active members of the squad.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

ANC wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 11:12 am if I talk now, Cellular will jump on me.
Hmm una dey play pillow fight? :shock:
Its too early to say if he is good or bad
He has done well in the tournament.
He is 27 years old and has been playing professionally for years. While YOU would be seeing him in the AFCON alone, scouts, coaches and football people will review his performances for the last 3 seasons to determine his ability. That is how it works.

He is not a child and did not just appear from nowhere. Chippa in South Africa scouted him in the NPFL before they chose to make him their starting goalkeeper. Katsina, Lobi and the GREAT Enyimba would have also scouted his past performances before they went for him.

Again, he didnt just appear from his mother's womb to play AFCON.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

ANC wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 12:11 pm Uzoho has lowered the standards.
Now you are left hailing a night-time baby as the next Michel Preud'homme.
you seem hurt :lol: :lol:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
kash n' karry
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kash n' karry »

Dammy wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 10:57 am Nwabali is No 1, Okoye is No 2 and others will fight for No 3
:evil: :twisted:
Preach it .... Nwabali is #1 while Maduka Okoye should be our #2 GK
Now.. .
We better beat South Africa in regulation time bcos their GK is just too good a keeper at saving PK's
He saved 4 out of 5 Pk's to push SA past Cape Verde in the quarter finals !! :bored: And memories of Enyeama came flooding in with those saves :mrgreen:
=================================================================
Aaaaaggghhh gaaaddammmnnn itt.. . wherez my Heineken + big wet bubble booty chics ?
Bell
Egg
Egg

Post by Bell »

Odas wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 12:52 pm
Dammy wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 10:57 am Nwabali is No 1, Okoye is No 2 and others will fight for No 3
Yeah, but while our goalkeeper [Nwabali] is good, our defense is doing a very good job for him as well.
WHICH ONLY PROVES THAT...

...a keeper is only as good as the defense, and the defense is only as good as the keeper.
Bell
Enyi
Egg
Egg

Post by Enyi »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 2:34 pm Almost every emerging new Nigerian player has been linked with Arsenal in the past. When Etebo, Simon even Sadiq emerged, they were all linked to Arsenal. I guess been linked to Arsenal is like a right of passage for new Nigerian players. I bet Yusuf will soon get his own link to Arsenal after Afcon.
The reason is because the likes of us always make sure to promote these players, sometimes we get it right, sometimes we get it awfully wrong - Nwakali a vs prime example….

Will be in Lorraine later today and will be shipping him to Metz President as well….just create awareness and see
The stupid neither forgive nor forget- the smart forgive- but never forget" -Thomas Szasz.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and consciencious stupidity."
-Martin Luther King- Jr.

“Our Audacity to rise from our losses is what makes Nigerian the number one footballing nation in Africa - Stephen Keshi RIP

Those who don't take decisions never make mistakes."..........
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Enyi wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2024 9:33 am
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 2:34 pm Almost every emerging new Nigerian player has been linked with Arsenal in the past. When Etebo, Simon even Sadiq emerged, they were all linked to Arsenal. I guess been linked to Arsenal is like a right of passage for new Nigerian players. I bet Yusuf will soon get his own link to Arsenal after Afcon.
The reason is because the likes of us always make sure to promote these players, sometimes we get it right, sometimes we get it awfully wrong - Nwakali a vs prime example….

Will be in Lorraine later today and will be shipping him to Metz President as well….just create awareness and see
Put in some very good words for him oooo.
SuperEagles

Babalawo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Babalawo »

I am still not convinced on Nwabili.
He’s seems decent but not the Messiah we are making him out to be.
Jury is still out until we face a team with serious firepower upfront…England, Brazil, Argentina, Belgium etc
Peter Obi For President 2023
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Babalawo wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2024 2:51 pm I am still not convinced on Nwabili.
He’s seems descent but not the Messiah we are making him out to be.
Jury is still out until we face a team with serious firepower upfront…England, Brazil, Argentina, Belgium etc
All he can do is prove himself against the opposition in front of him. If we play those guys we will see how he does, but he makes good decisions and comes out decisively, that’s a trait that translates in any match you play. He does all the basics well which is all we asked for from our previous goalies that couldn’t deliver.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Orion
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Orion »

I think that ball would have been ruled offside by VAR had it gone in.
"I Think, Therefore I am" - Rene Descartes
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Orion wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2024 3:44 pm I think that ball would have been ruled offside by VAR had gone in.
Yeap
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

you can invite your Okoye abi have your Uzoho ...smh ..just running your mouth anyhow here loosely
SuperEagles

Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Bell wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2024 6:24 am
Yeah, but while our goalkeeper [Nwabali] is good, our defense is doing a very good job for him as well.

...a keeper is only as good as the defense, and the defense is only as good as the keeper.
Bel
l
KPAM!
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Agree, but so could be said of those you might have in mind as our preferred keepers
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
niyi
Egg
Egg

Post by niyi »

Odas wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2024 4:27 pm
Agree, but so could be said of those you might have in mind as our preferred keepers
The jury has enough evidence. 4 cleansheets in 5 matches and appearances in the NPFL and the South African league counts for something.
Ona t'Olorun ngba soro
lati se ise re
ona re enikan ko mo
awamaridi ni!
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

niyi wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2024 4:36 pm
The jury has enough evidence. 4 cleansheets in 5 matches and appearances in the NPFL and the South African league counts for something.
Nah Nigerian jury. :lol: Dem no dey look evidence. The kind that will see a man selling drugs, stolen identity and a long list of government theft and still award him the presidency. :lol: :lol: :lol:
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Meanwhile Uzoho is stinking up the joint against .minnows.

At least Nwabali has passed those tests. But people are still complaining.

He doesn't have to be "the saviour"

He just has to be much better than Uzoho.

And he emphatically is.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Bell wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2024 6:24 am

Bell
Don’t forget in the last ANC we had the best defense going into the knockout stage and our keepers were on vacation for the first 3 matches, however once they got their first test, they failed. So yes a keeper is as good as his defense but also is there to save his defense when they are penetrated which Nwabali is doing and the previous ones didn’t. At the slightest test they let us down…
Super Eagus 4 Life!
valachi
Egg
Egg

Post by valachi »

Paserio did not find Nwabali, he was forced to get off his butt and go scouting, The dude has been there doing his thing, the coach needs better folks in the scouting department and he needs to check on prospects.

Enyi wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 8:38 am Brentford, Arsenal in the PL and PSV and Sparta in EREDIVISIE have asked about him….

I am sure others will be asking others….scouts are being sent to watch him in the SF and Final….so I hope that he makes it to the final…..then yours truly will be there…

Everyone seems to like his ball distribution and the saves yesterday won’t do him any harm…

On another note: - Peseiro (did not like him pre tournament) but he needs to be congratulated for finding him and putting him in straight away
IN SIAONE WE TRUST. BONAFIDE SE COACH!!!!!!!!!!!!!
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

valachi wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 2:37 am Paserio did not find Nwabali, he was forced to get off his butt and go scouting, The dude has been there doing his thing, the coach needs better folks in the scouting department and he needs to check on prospects.

Enyi wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 8:38 am Brentford, Arsenal in the PL and PSV and Sparta in EREDIVISIE have asked about him….

I am sure others will be asking others….scouts are being sent to watch him in the SF and Final….so I hope that he makes it to the final…..then yours truly will be there…

Everyone seems to like his ball distribution and the saves yesterday won’t do him any harm…

On another note: - Peseiro (did not like him pre tournament) but he needs to be congratulated for finding him and putting him in straight away
Na so dem tell us say Mungo Park discovered River Niger and River Benue. The natives wey dey there close eye dey waka pass the rivers everyday, until Mungo showed up and opened their eye.

Seun Kuti is also on social media trying to teach them that Mary Slessor did not abolish the killings of twins. Dem sey NO! it is Aunty Mary who did it.

Thats how they do! They will take the credit from a black man and dash it to a white man and his wife. :oops: :oops:
greg
Egg
Egg

Post by greg »

Orion wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2024 3:44 pm I think that ball would have been ruled offside by VAR had it gone in.
Impossible to tell from the camera angle in the clip above. Looks very very close indeed. Either way I am thanking our stars for the qualities of Nwabali there. He had initially come out to catch the cross. Seeing that it was a short corner, his Instinct was to quickly retreat to his post. Meanwhile the angolan was also too busy ball watching and trying to stay onside to notice that it was no longer an empty net he was shooting at. If that were Ronaldo, he would have caught site of the keeper and back heeled towards the other side of the goal post which was a pretty empty net. Our #8 was culpable in letting his man get away. Our #3 as well allowed the blonde haired guy to come in front of him and head the ball. Very cleverly worked set piece though which will catch 99% of all professional teams unawares.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

greg wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 9:07 am
Orion wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2024 3:44 pm I think that ball would have been ruled offside by VAR had it gone in.
Impossible to tell from the camera angle in the clip above. Looks very very close indeed. Either way I am thanking our stars for the qualities of Nwabali there. He had initially come out to catch the cross. Seeing that it was a short corner, his Instinct was to quickly retreat to his post. Meanwhile the angolan was also too busy ball watching and trying to stay onside to notice that it was no longer an empty net he was shooting at. If that were Ronaldo, he would have caught site of the keeper and back heeled towards the other side of the goal post which was a pretty empty net. Our #8 was culpable in letting his man get away. Our #3 as well allowed the blonde haired guy to come in front of him and head the ball. Very cleverly worked set piece though which will catch 99% of all professional teams unawares.
Yes, but there are a few other camera angles which strongly suggest the guy was offside.
Even the commentator first thought the ball hit the post because of the camera angle.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "