To win the WC, we have to push for a joint hosting bid with Ghana and CIV

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet
To win the WC, we have to push for a joint hosting bid with Ghana and CIV

Post by Scipio Africanus »

And host it in February :taunt: See how weather conditions are dealing with everybody in this CIV hosted AFCON. No European teams will make the quarterfinals.

Wha choo looking at?!
waka-man
Egg
Egg
Re: To win the WC, we have to push for a joint hosting bid with Ghana and CIV

Post by waka-man »

Scipio Africanus wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 2:21 am And host it in February :taunt: See how weather conditions are dealing with everybody in this CIV hosted AFCON. No European teams will make the quarterfinals.
Genius. Ghana will still go out in the first round
-------------------------------------------
MY NAME IS WAKA-MAN, and YES, I AM A CHELSEA FAN. Please don't hate me - I was fan when David Ellery dashed Cantona two penalties as Man U beat us 4-0 in the FA Cup final. So I've paid my dues.
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

Cohosting with Benin and Togo or with Cameroon might be better because of proximity🤔❗️

Cheers.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 3:13 am Cohosting with Benin and Togo or with Cameroon might be better because of proximity🤔❗️

Cheers.
CIV and Cameroon already have the facilities.

Nigeria, CIV, Cameroon.

The European teams would suffer greatly. LOL.
Penarity
Egg
Egg

Post by Penarity »

Scipio Africanus wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 2:21 am And host it in February :taunt: See how weather conditions are dealing with everybody in this CIV hosted AFCON. No European teams will make the quarterfinals.
Going by your logic, Doha would not have taken place in December. The fact is that he who pays the piper calls the tune. I do not see it changing any time soon.
There is nothing to learn from someone who already agrees with you.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 3:13 am Cohosting with Benin and Togo or with Cameroon might be better because of proximity🤔❗️

Cheers.
Exactly!! The sharing of borders will make travel easier especially via ground transportation for fans and ultimately impact attendance figures.

For the WC, it will be a tall order given the requirements and the facilities required - stadia, hotels, travel. It will be a tall order in West Africa. Just my opinion.

AS for the AFCON? One thing that this AFCON has shown is the work done by CAF beyond the standard of play. The officiating has been top notch, the playing surfaces among the best globally. Important, revenue will be in neighborhood of $70-over $100 million. This is not counting gates which as we know is really fallen to #3 in sports revenue these days. The revenue is critical given CAF's projected pay out to teams. This is an area CAF has to work on to ensure much improved revenue. Of course, this is why I have argued that CAF must insist on a 2-cycle AFCON, its cash cow, and resist the pressure to go to a 4-year cycle which will hit hard revenue wise.

It is this AFCON cash-cow that brings in the money to prop up competitions for WAFCON and the likes of the AYC. Those other competitions will not survive without the money largely raised via AFCON. This what most people do not see when they advocate for an AFCON in the summer. Imagine the AFCON competing for revenue (Broadcast revenue) in a period when continental competitions may also be taking place in Europe and the Americas. That is problematic.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Scipio Africanus wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 2:21 am And host it in February :taunt: See how weather conditions are dealing with everybody in this CIV hosted AFCON. No European teams will make the quarterfinals
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by felarey »

Let’s fill the stadiums first. Maybe the North Africans can.
"Winning one trophy is good, I tell you. No matter what trophy it might be, you've got to take it.” - Sir Alex Ferguson

ENGLISH PREMIERSHIP CHAMP20NS, UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINN3RS
felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by felarey »

Let’s fill the stadiums first. Maybe the North Africans can.
"Winning one trophy is good, I tell you. No matter what trophy it might be, you've got to take it.” - Sir Alex Ferguson

ENGLISH PREMIERSHIP CHAMP20NS, UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINN3RS
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Shay we dey fear hypertension from watching SE live?
If we host, additional tension from security issues and power cuts will nearly kill all of us.
Abeg, I no want.
Not as Nigeria dey at the moment.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Damunk wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 7:29 am Shay we dey fear hypertension from watching SE live?
If we host, additional tension from security issues and power cuts will nearly kill all of us.
Abeg, I no want.
This would be a biiig chance for Nigeria to finally start slaying the dragon of poor infrastructure. Have a 20 year plan to upgrade power, road, rail and accommodation infrastructure to make for a strong bid. The world would love to come to Nigeria because we have a LOT to offer culturally, a TON. Plus Nigeria I strongly believe is among one of the top 5 football cultures in the world (notice I didn’t say most successful, yet). It is time to stop underachieving.

Even with our issues we successfully hosted the U-20 World Cup in 1999 I believe.

Once we host and win that first World Cup, it will become customary for Nigeria to be a World Cup contender every tournament.

Wha choo looking at?!
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

Scipio Africanus wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 9:05 am
Damunk wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 7:29 am Shay we dey fear hypertension from watching SE live?
Abeg, I no want.
This would be a biiig chance for Nigeria to finally start slaying the dragon of poor infrastructure. Have a 20 year plan to upgrade power, road, rail and accommodation infrastructure to make for a strong bid. The world would love to come to Nigeria because we have a LOT to offer culturally, a TON. Plus Nigeria I strongly believe is among one of the top 5 football cultures in the world (notice I didn’t say most successful, yet). It is time to stop underachieving.

Even with our issues we successfully hosted the U-20 World Cup in 1999 I believe.

Once we host and win that first World Cup, it will become customary for Nigeria to be a World Cup contender every tournament.
lol 😂 at 20 year plan…you want our politicians to starve. Na stolen dollars and pounds meant for infrastructure dey sweet them.

Hosting the World Cup doesn’t guarantee us winning jack. It might give us the best chance to get to the quarters or semi like South Korea but winning it is very hard. We didnt win the U-20 and U-17 we hosted in our own backyard even with the heat advantage. The WC is a big boys game.
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

packerland wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 2:17 pm
Scipio Africanus wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 9:05 am
Abeg, I no want.

lol 😂 at 20 year plan…you want our politicians to starve. Na stolen dollars and pounds meant for infrastructure dey sweet them.

Hosting the World Cup doesn’t guarantee us winning jack. It might give us the best chance to get to the quarters or semi like South Korea but winning it is very hard. We didnt win the U-20 and U-17 we hosted in our own backyard even with the heat advantage. The WC is a big boys game.
It's all mental, my broda. Mental belief.

Wha choo looking at?!